The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee
Like I said earlier: people seem focused on an Eeveelution being a certainty in this game. It isn't (yet). To end up not disappointed in the end, wait for confirmation that there will be an Eeveelution before speculating on what it is. Otherwise, you have all these great Eeveelution ideas but one doesn't get released.

I'm not getting involved in these other than discussing artwork ideas (which are a good discussion point for "it would be nice to see this"). As nothing is confirmed, I am not assuming there is an Eeveelution coming. If there is announced that there is, I'll discuss that then.

To the original remark to me that this thread is for speculation: yes. But too much speculation and saying the game needs this will make people believe it's coming, then there will be disappointment in the end for someone (not intended perhaps). Let's be honest: Gamefreak isn't following this thread. I'd be shocked if they were. Let's keep it more to discussion, less to speculation. Someone will be upset about a missing feature they think is coming otherwise.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 29th, 2013, 06:51 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
@Cyclone: the thread's literally called X&Y General Chat and Speculation. There's nothing to discuss aside from our own speculations and what very little information we have available to us right now..
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
@Cyclone: the thread's literally called X&Y General Chat and Speculation. There's nothing to discuss aside from our own speculations and what very little information we have available to us right now..
Agreed. But I've seen numerous comments about "what will the Eeveelution in this game be" or such. An Eeveelution is not confirmed. Speculation is fine, but comments like this may cause others to think an Eeveelution is coming. That's my point here.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Agreed. But I've seen numerous comments about "what will the Eeveelution in this game be" or such. An Eeveelution is not confirmed. Speculation is fine, but comments like this may cause others to think an Eeveelution is coming. That's my point here.

Cyclone

In that aspect, it's up to the reader to decide what to believe and what not to believe. As I pointed out it's a speculation thread so as it stands I'm pretty sure most people are aware that an eeveelution isn't confirmed. A simple Google search can clear up any doubts or rumors if somebody actually believes some of the speculation here. To limit the way people speak or word their sentences in a speculation thread is borderline ridiculous man (excluding forum rules).
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
We can't base it off a pattern since there's been a couple of occasions where we've had eeveelutons and then none. We could get an eeveelution with all this promotion of Eevee but then that could be irrelevant to Gen VI, we just don't know. It also could be any of the remaining types since they all have potential to be an eeveelution. IMO I think we could well get a flying type Eeveelution.

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:21 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
We can't base it off a pattern since there's been a couple of occasions where we've had eeveelutons and then none. We could get an eeveelution with all this promotion of Eevee but then that could be irrelevant to Gen VI, we just don't know. It also could be any of the remaining types since they all have potential to be an eeveelution. IMO I think we could well get a flying type Eeveelution.
Flying type huh? I wonder what that would look like...I know I've seen some fanart of the remaining types not being used
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

I'm hoping something like this:
Spoiler:

It's like a combination of Altaria and Espeon which are two great looking Pokemon.

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:31 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Oh that is cool-looking! I know I've seen some fan-art with actual wings that was executed rather well.

Might have seen the same for dragon-type speculation art.
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If they do give us Eeveelutions, I wouldn't mind if they give us 3 instead of 2 again. Something like a thematic trio of steel ground rock, or dragon bug ghost. The first is obvious, but the second is leaning towards types that represent species then elements. Alternatively, give us Flying Fighting, and call it a day.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Considering Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment, should we get a Flying-type eeveelution, wouldn't it be pretty neat if they introduced a floating island type area? I couldn't picture a better location for Eevee to adapt itself for flying than that.

It would also be a great chance to use an airplane, should there be any, at least until we can fly there ourselves.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Considering Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment, should we get a Flying-type eeveelution, wouldn't it be pretty neat if they introduced a floating island type area? I couldn't picture a better location for Eevee to adapt itself for flying than that.

It would also be a great chance to use an airplane, should there be any, at least until we can fly there ourselves.
or jet-propelled skates because we saw skates in the trailer!

Man, I'd love floating islands.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Or maybe just a really windy field with turbines and windmills.

Old January 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

YES SHIVI YOU ARE A GENIUS <333

Flying-type eeveelutions are something that I'd love for something like this! We have underwater cities(Sootopolis city in R/S/E), but what about cities in the sky?? That'd be something awesome. :3
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Though if it was a city in the sky, could that mean it might belong to people who are semi-human? =o I dunno, you don't really see a city up in the skys much, unless it belonged to a sacred tribe or something!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I wouldn't like a floating city, it would be too weird. I think something like Fortree City would be good for a flying Eeveelution.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

A new surf HM that will allow you to surf on lava?And maybe the character have Key Items that will allow him to see in dark and break rocks(flashlight,power bracelet)

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

I'd like a new HM, something like Jumping which can allow you to Jump to certain platforms to access items and new areas maybe?

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

As long as they don't bring back Defog... I swear to god.
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
lmao I doubt Defog would serve any sort of future purpose in these games whatsoever, so I don't see the worry there. :x Even if it was back, it'd probably be a TM, if anything else.
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
New HM's? Well I would assume none, considering how rock climb and defog were the only new ones introduced on the DS, and they are practically non-existent now. I'd even wager no HM's for the game, considering how BW handled them.
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

With this being a new handheld for Pokemon, it's possible for a new HM to emerge, especially with the 3D possibilities.

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
With TMs now becoming reusable and the existence of non-HM moves like Flash, there's really no point in having HMs back, because really, new players will think it's lame to have certain reusable moves that can't be removed easily.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

I think the division of HMS & TMS are by the use of them, so TMS are used in-battle whereas HMS are used both in and out of battle to navigate through the game, which is why I think they will keep to this mechanism for the time being.

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
With TMs now becoming reusable and the existence of non-HM moves like Flash, there's really no point in having HMs back, because really, new players will think it's lame to have certain reusable moves that can't be removed easily.
Nah, HMs are too important. What if you taught over Surf or something and trapped yourself?
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
The Reason you cant forget Surf is because you might choose to forget Surf on a one tile large island and then be stuck forever. You would have no choice but to Erase your game.

That is what makes an HM, how bad you can F*** yourself if you delete it.

I would Like an HM system not based on specific attacks but on the 17 elemental types in general. you just need "A Fire Type attack" to burn a tree.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here