• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
OK, I hope I'm in the right place when talking about challenge ideas, but I've just thought of a new one.

I'd call this the "Lightweight Challenge" since this is all about lightweight Pokemon. The objective is to beat the game using Pokemon that are lighter than say for example 15kg (or 33lbs). If we want an optional challenge, then we can say that any HM Slaves can only be used under the weight restriction.

I hope this is an interesting idea.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
OK, I hope I'm in the right place when talking about challenge ideas, but I've just thought of a new one.

I'd call this the "Lightweight Challenge" since this is all about lightweight Pokemon. The objective is to beat the game using Pokemon that are lighter than say for example 15kg (or 33lbs). If we want an optional challenge, then we can say that any HM Slaves can only be used under the weight restriction.

I hope this is an interesting idea.

It sound familiar, idk.

It's not a bad idea though, you could also extend it to be that you can only use a pokémon in certain weight range, to give people more options in the sort of Pokémon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yup, I'm certain we've had something like that once. I'd extend it as well though, or have different weight classes to pick from instead of just lightweight. I mean, the monocolor challenge lets you pick more than one color. There's not a thread for blue and a separate for brown. Just an example, of course.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeaaaaah having a complicated challenge sucks. ;( You end up forgetting about the thread and people ask a bunch of questions that you already had answered in the first post. lol

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Omg I was playing my personal challenge trying to catch all the Pokemon in Sapphire and I got up to 188ish. All I basically had left was some baby Pokemon, Treecko/Grovyle/Mudkip, and legendaries. SO, I was playing Emerald to get Dittos for the first two groups of Pokemon. I traded Kyogre over and beat the elite four, but after the credits it didn't have the continue option, only the new game option. Guess I have a ****ty ROM that has anti-piracy stuff on it. BASICALLY i lost Kyogre and don't know how I'm going to beat Emerald now...

Also nice Sig, Syddy, I <3 Macklemore.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Oh woe is me!

It finally happened. My computer broke. This really sucks, but at least my trade shop is closed right now, so I don't have to worry too much about my ability to access PC. I won't really be able to update any of my challenge threads unfortunately, until I get a new computer. I can post still thankfully, but since the Xbox 360 version Internet Explorer doesn't have tabs, I can't really update the challengers lists.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh man, that sucks. :( Sorry hun. Just let all your challengers know that you can't update and I'm sure they'll understand. You'll have your work cut out for you when you come back to it though, lol.

Can't wait for your shop to reopen btw. :3 I was looking through and saw something of interest~!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I noticed that a few people have been double posting. Most notably people posting their first update after starting a challenge. I just wanna remind everyone that double posting is against pokecommunity rules. You have to wait until someone else posts in the thread before you can post yourself. The exception is if no one has posted in the thread for over a month. But thats it, and that's only in challenges. Other forums have different rules on double posting, so make sure you check.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yes, that's why there's an edit button in the posts, if you're speed player. ^^;

Generally speaking, I try to stick to doing challenges on RBY only, which I can just do in one sitting in a couple hours. So, I usually end up queueing up like 5 challenges, and then picking one when i get bored and just doing one update of me being done with it all of a sudden. Also now that I stream, if they don't believe me, I can just direct them to the video of me playing it lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I believed you. :3 Then again, I was hosting so I had to when you sent the screenshot, lmao.

I'm trying to finish the Favorite Challenge before the Valentine's event. CAN I DO IT GUYS?! Just for some perspective, I just got to Undella Town (it's Black 2 btw).

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
You can do it, if you keep playing... ;)
At least on Black2 it's relatively easy to get to the end of a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back