The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay so while there's a thread speculating on a new battle style, and there's a thread speculating on the ways Pokemon will physically be encountered and encounter rates, there's nothing covering whether this will return.

In Black and White we could participate in wild double battle grass! However, given that B/W introduced two new battle styles - triples, and rotationals, it comes to mind as to whether there will be grass for these styles, too. Would you like to see double battle grass make a return? If so, would you rather it be more spread out, or less than it was in Unova? And would you like to see the other two battle styles have their own specific grass patches? Would this be going too far and ruining how you find wild Pokemon (and should it thus be reserved for only facing other trainers) - or should they stick at just doubles? Discuss!
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:05 AM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
I highly doubt we will see rotational wild battles. It just seems like something pokemon can only do with trainers.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 29th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It would be interesting to see a triple wild Pokémon battle in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, especially how triple battles were introduced in Generation V.

Surely, triple wild Pokémon battles would have to have a certain grass patch style, or it could fit with the same darker coloured ones as in Black/White, wouldn't it be interesting to see those patches of grass show either double or triple wild battles, eh? xD

But as for rotational wild battles, I think it more fits for trainers more than wild Pokémon. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Fureon
Hex Maniac

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Fureon
Naw, that's too crazy.
I have no idea what you would have to do to have three monsters attack you at once. They'd have to be really angry at you to do that! Maybe this could work in those outbreaks (swarms) though.

A little girl, a little guy · In a church or in a school · Little Jesus, are you watching me? · I'm so young, just 18...
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It's something that they could expand upon the Rotation Battle feature but I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of it. It would make it much more tedious to catch certain Pokemon in certain areas.

Team αlpha
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't know if this will even happen, wild Double battles were enough thank you. Wild Triple battles would be too much for me to handle, especially if trying to catch a certain Pokemon.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:29 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Double and triple battles in the wild, I can see. But rotation battles? No not really, it wouldn't make any sense. I think it's only something a trainer can do and if Pokemon can do it, it would be too complex and make catching Pokemon to difficult and tedious.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Triple? Nah. There would have to be a special circumstance to have that.

I wouldn't mind the dark grass returning. I don't know if I like the double battle aspect of it, but I DO like that stronger Pokémon can generally be found there. The double battle bit is an inconvenience as you can't throw a ball with two Pokémon on-screen.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 29th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

I personally think wild double battles is enough. Wild triple battles are too much for me, especially when focusing on catching one of three wild Pokemon. And I don't think that wild Rotational battles might happen.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Triple sure, but rotation's a bit out there. As stated, its more trainer made then natural.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I liked the introduction of wild double battles, but to extend it to triple battles might be pushing it a bit. Especially for those who might find it too tedious should they want to catch one of the three Pokémon they run into. I will say this though, it'd make for a great way to gain some Exp. Points fast.

Rotational Battles on the other hand, I just don't see working the same for wild encounters as numerous people have already said. That's more for trainer battles than it is for wild Pokémon battles.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I think we will see the return of wild double battles and quite possibly the introduction of wild triple battles, but I don't think we will see any type of wild rotation battles. I just don't think wild rotation battles would really make sense. After all, wild Pokémon don't tell each other what moves to use. They are wild. I think we will only see trainer rotation battles, as trainers are really the only ones who can issue commands for Pokémon to follow. In my opinion, though, I didn't really like any of the double battles/rotation battles at all. I'd rather just single battle Pokémon and trainers alike, but I do think these types of battles will make a return in X & Y.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Esper

If they can make wild rotation battles not seem forced and gimmicky then I'd like to see them. I could see there being one area with particular kinds of Pokemon that would theoretically work together. Wolves hunt in packs. Insects swarm. If that's the thinking behind it I could see it happening, but I wouldn't want to see a lot of it.

As for wild triple battles, I would hope they are few and far between. That could be pretty awful if you're caught unprepared.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i would love for some more rotation battles but as jov0006 said, pokemon probably can't work together like that. but i also thought that about double battles. maybe it could just happen on a few occasions? like a pokemon with 3 evolutions will have all 3 stages working together when you stumble upon their nest. or a male fully evolved and female fully evolved along with their baby who hasn't evolved yet.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I'd love wild double battles to return, but I don't think triple and rotation should be wild encounter styles. Triple I could see maybe, but rotation definitely not, since that seems more like a trainer type of thing. The whole rotating your Pokemon strategy, I mean. It doesn't seem like something wild Pokemon would do.

paired to peeta
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Rotational wild battles would be weird, it's a battle style I associate only with trainers.

I could see wild triple battles though.

Although I hope they change it so you can catch a pokemon in the middle of the battle and then continue the fight against the other pokemon or run away.
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Yeah, it would be cool a triple battle in the wild. I don't know if wild rotation battles are possible tho...:/

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Wild rotation battles could be really difficult, as one wouldn't know which one they'd attack. If a wild shiny appeared, you'd need to knock out the other two, but they could switch in a way that the shiny may be hit. How irritating would that be? Wild triple battles, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
I actually think rotation and triple battles in the wild are completely viable. Think about wild packs oof wolves, lions, etc. in a hunting formation. That what I think wild triple and rotation battles would be like.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think they would be way too much. I find it a lot harder to believe 3 wild Pokémon at a time than 2.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

It'd be interesting to encounter certain pokemon in a -gang- rather than singular or double. I mean, some pokemon live in packs or groups, like Durant and Beedrill, so I hope that they can implement a system that you can encounter groups of certain pokemon like those~! It doesn't have to be for like, every single route and for every single pokemon.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

I find myself agreeing with what other people in the thread have said. Triple battles in the wild could work, because you might encounter certain Pokémon in a pack, herd or flock and then it seems reasonable that they would attack you together. But rotation battles are too structured - Pokémon probably aren't gonna behave like that without instruction.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
lolno.

Wild double battles? Well, it seems like we've gotten quite a bit of them up to this point, so have at it, I don't really care. Wild Triple and Rotational battles seem to be pushing it to some sort of extent though. .___. I suppose I can agree with some people in this thread, I can see it working for certain herds of Pokemon, but I'm pretty iffy on it because it's hard for me to adjust to something like a wild rotational battle. I'd just be okay with triples, maybe...
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Personally for me I think doubles is enough. While triples and rotationals can work for actual in-game trainer battling, I just don't think wild Pokemon are in sync enough to be able to perform the latter successfully, and triples just seems like way too much to randomly find. Plus it's already annoying not being able to capture both Pokemon in doubles and making it one more EXTRA would make me sad. :(
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I hope rotational battles go away and never come back. I can't stand them.

Doubles and Triples are fine though.

Sponsored Links