The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
1ninjadude1701

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Going to start ultimate challenge starting with LG Squirtle.

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:16 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Soulsilver kept freezing on me so progress was nearly impossible to make so I decided to change my Johto part of my Ultimate Jynx Solo Challenge to Pokemon Crystal.
  • I hacked my starter to be a Smoochum and did all the Mr. Pokemon stuff.
  • Beat my rival Silver and got some nice experience.
  • Went to Violet City, conquered Sprout Tower, and took down Falkner.
  • Got the Mystery Egg and went through Union Cave.
  • Helped Kurt save the Slowpoke.
  • Beat Bugsy and went to face Silver once more, showed him who is boss once more.
  • Travelled through Ilex Forest and made it to Goldenrod City.
  • Took out Whitney, got the Squirtbottle and defeated the Sudowoodo.
  • Beat Silver once more and release the Legendary Beasts.
  • Did some training and evolved Smoocum into Jynx
  • Went to Morty's gym and defeated the trainers.
  • Saved in front of Morty, maybe I'll continue later today.
Videos:
Spoiler:

Bewsa
Level 34
Mud-slap
Confusion
Sweet Kiss
Ice Punch

Updated!!
Well its later and I have a lot more to add to my update.
  • I defeated Morty, as well as the Kimono Girls, with ease and got HM 3 Surf.
  • Headed over to Olivine City, climbed the the top of the lighthouse and spoke with Jasmine.
  • Caught a Krabby to surf me down to Cianwood where I took out Chuck, got the secretpotion as well as HM 2 Fly.
  • Took Hoothoot out of the box, taught it fly and flew back to Olivine.
  • Took out Jasmine with ease thanks to freeze hax Ice Punch on her Steelix.
  • Flew to Ecruteak and surfed over to Mahogany Town.
  • Went up to the Lake of Rage, defeated the Red Gyarados and looked like a boss infront of Lance.
  • Helped Lance take out Team Rocket in Mahogany Town.
  • Took out Pryce and flew back to Goldenrod to finish off Team Rocket.
  • Beat the fake director and got the Basement Key, so I headed to the basment.
  • Defeated Silver, yet again, and went through the forever complicated puzzle. (in my opinion)

Video:
Spoiler:

Bewsa
Level 49
Shadow Ball
Confusion
Body Slam
Ice Punch
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.

Last edited by James901; January 4th, 2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Made more progress
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:21 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'd like to sign up for a solorun on firered! It'll be with either wigglytuff or clefable. (Not before the first gym (like my last run) so sorry for uh... "bending" that rule!XD)

My update will come soon, probably within an hour!
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Made some more progress since last night.
  • Freed the real director and got the Card Key.
  • Used the Card Key and finished Team Rocket once and for all.
  • Flew to Blackthorn City and beat Claire, lucky freeze hax on Kingdra made it a perfect win.
  • Completed the Dragon Challenge and got the badge.
  • Flew home and got the Master Ball from Prof. Elm.
  • Surfed over to Kanto, now for the Pokemon League!
Video:
Spoiler:

Bewsa
Level 54
Shadow Ball
Confusion
Body Slam
Ice Punch

UPDATE!!
  • I travelled through Victory Road and crushed Silver again.
  • Healled at the Pokemon League and got some items.
  • Took out Will with no problem, everything 1HKO'd except his damn Slowbro, took my Shadow Ball like a boss.
  • Took out Koga easily, everything 1HKO'd except Forretress, bulky as hell and I have only not very effective moves.
  • 1HKO'd all of Bruno's Pokemon. Ice Punch + Confusion
  • 2HKO'd Karen's Umbreon and Houndoom, everything else was a 1 hit.
  • Lance was easy, ended that battle unharmed. Gyarados was the only one to survive an Ice Punch and it used Rain Dance, lol. Even Charizard was a 1 hit.
  • Well thats it for the Elite Four, now for the Kanto badges and Red!
Videos:
Spoiler:

Bewsa @NeverMeltIce
Level 63
Shadow Ball
Confusion
Body Slam
Ice Punch

Last edited by James901; January 5th, 2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Made more progress
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Arlo

Update on my single solo through White with Sebastian the Stoutland:
Spoiler:
When last we saw Arlo and Sebastian, they were outside Dragonspiral Tower.

Talked to Prof. Juniper Sr., then left him in the capable hands of his new bodyguard Bianca and went inside. Sebastian lost a few points every time he had to hit a Druddigon, but other than that, the trip to the top was entirely uneventful and risk-free. And we got there just in time to see N revive Reshiram.

Talked to the prof afterward and got the hint to go to Relic Castle. Blew through the trainers there, got to the bottom, faced down Ghetsis and found out there was nothing to be found there. Then got the call to go to the museum in Nacrene City, where we finally picked up the Dark Stone. Then flew back to Icirrus City and went through Route 8, picking up the few things we couldn't reach when we'd swung out through there before, during winter. Fought Bianca at the entrance to Tubeline Bridge, and demolished her yet again.

Through the bridge and out on Route 9. Fought trainers and went into the Department Store.... and realized there's nothing we need to buy anyway. That's been an odd thing with this solo run - I'm loaded down with items I've picked up and never used and with money I've earned and never spent. Went back out and on to Opelucid City. Talked to Iris and Drayden, then went through town, only avoiding the Triple Battle house. Then flew back to Mistralton, where Sebastian relearned Ice Fang, then went into Iris' gym.

Blew through the trainers, only taking damage from Rough Skin from the Druddigons, and soon came to face Iris.

Took down all three of her pokemon in one shot each, and just like that, it was over.

Back out - yes Prof. Juniper, I do know where to go next thank you very much. Down to the Pokemon center to heal and replenish PP, then it was on to Route 10. Fought the trainers, talked to Cheren and Bianca, fought Cheren - one-shotted his entire team - then it was on to the gates, with Bianca's inspirational speech lingering in my mind.

I didn't notice last time through those gates how cool that music actually is. I like that whole part of the game - making my way up through the gates - even if every new section is a different cell, so there's a loading pause at each gate (and kudos to GF for commenting on that in-game).

Then we stepped out to the base of the mountain, and the entrance to Victory Road, where we stopped for a well-earned bit of rest.

Old January 6th, 2013, 12:56 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Finished Pokemon Crystal!!
  • So I travelled all around Kanto getting all the badges. It was pretty easy.
  • Then I went to tell Prof. Oak about my great accomplishment and he gave me access to Mt. Silver!
  • Red was pretty difficult, both his Charizard and Snorlax had me terrified. But in the end I took him down.
Videos: (There are a lot of videos so I decided to just post the links to take up less space)

Bewsa
Level 76
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Body Slam
Ice Beam

That's it for Crystal, now for Pokemon Emerald!
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Arlo

Another update:
Spoiler:
Went through Victory Road normally until I got tired of dealing with Durants (which took about 45 seconds), then did the rest of it under Max Repel. My second time through it now, so I got to look around and consider it a bit more, and as Victory Roads go, I really have to say that this one's not bad. It's still tedious, but there've been much worse. Looped around and got all the items, even though none of them are really of any use to Sebastian. Then came out in front of the League.

Knowing what I was going to be facing, I decided that Ice Fang, much though I like it, wasn't going to do me much good, so I replaced it with Aerial Ace. Even that wasn't really necessary, and it actually does just a little bit less damage than Return (Aerial Ace is 75 so super effective on a fighter it's 150, Return is 105 so with neutral STAB it's 157), but I just wanted another useful attack so I had no risk of running out of PP.

So this was Sebastian, ready to go in...

and

And first up was Shauntal.

I figured she was going to be easy, and she was. Her ghosts went down to a single Crunch each. And it was on to Grimsley.

He was a bit tougher. Scrafty survived a Return, but he countered with Sand Attack, so I hit him with an Aerial Ace for a KO. Krookodile survived a Return and countered with an Earthquake that took about a third off of Sebastian. Grimsley used one of his Full Restores on the next turn and Sebastian hit with another Return. Then Grimsley used his other Full Restore and Sebastian hit again. Finally on the next turn he KO'ed the Krookodile. Bisharp next - Dig on the first (and second) turn, then Sebastian took a minor loss to a Night Slash, then Dig again for the KO. And finally Liepard. I took the first turn to give Sebastian a Hyper Potion while Liepard hit with the predicted Fake Out, then Sebastian KOed it easily with a Return on the next turn. Next up, Caitlin.

As I expected, her psychics were no problem - like Shauntal's Ghosts, they all went down to a single Crunch each. Then what I figured would be the toughest challenge for a Stoutland - Marshal's fighters.

He opened with Throh and Sebastian took him down with a crit on an Aerial Ace. Next up was Conkeldurr. Sebastian hit with an AA and took it down to less than 25%, then it countered with a Hammer Arm that took Sebastian down to 80 points (from his total of 218). I pondered it a minute and decided to go for it, and Marshal didn't use a potion, so the next AA fainted Conkeldurr. Next up was Mienshao. I was feeling exposed with Sebastian at 80 points, so I took a turn to give him a Hyper Potion, and Mienshao hit with a Jump Kick and took Sebastian right back down to 90 points. I could see that going on for too long, so I gambled on Sebastian's speed (and 20 level advantage) and set up an Aerial Ace, which went first and hit for a OHKO. Then it was Sawk's turn. I knew Sturdy was going to be a problem, and I knew that Sebastian couldn't survive starting at 90 points, so I gave him another Hyper Potion on the first turn. And Sawk hit with, of all things, Karate Chop. It took about 45 points off of Sebastian. So I just let it go and hit with an AA, which failed OHKO only because of Sturdy, while Sawk countered with another weak Karate Chop. On the next turn, Marshal gave Sawk a Full Restore, then Sebastian hit him with another AA that was stopped by Sturdy. We just repeated that until Marshal ran out of Full Restores, then KOed him. Much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Then it was on to the promised final battle with the Champion. Except, of course, that there was no battle with the Champion, because N was already there, and then Bowser's... I mean N's castle popped up out of the ground and so on.

I have to admit though, as sort of cheesy as all that is, it's really pretty cool when the Gym Leaders show up and confront the Sages.

Went up through the castle and talked to everyone and such, then saved in front of the last door, ready to go in and face down N. And Ghetsis. And Ghetsis' Hydreigon.

Yeah... I prob'ly oughta put Ice Fang back on Sebastian first, now that I think about it...

And edited for another update:
Spoiler:
Used the unexplained Team Plasma teleporter to zip back to the Pokemon League, then flew to Mistralton to get Ice Fang back on Sebastian. Then back to the Pokemon League and back to N's Castle, and went in for the showdown. Went through all the preliminaries, then saved in front of Zekrom, since I have no use for a legendary even in a normal game, much less in a solo, so it was going to be Quick Ball or nothing at all. Took about six tries to finally catch one in a Quick Ball, then it was on to the battle, at which point I discovered that not only does the damned game force you to catch Zekrom and add it to your party if there's space - it actually sticks it in the lead position! What the hell? If I wanted it in the lead position, I'd've put it there my own damned self.

So I had to waste the first turn just to switch in Sebastian, who then took an entirely unnecessary Fusion Flare from Reshiram. Sebastian hit on the next turn with an Ice Fang, but with Reshiram's dual typing with Fire, it only did neutral damage. Sebastian took a Hyper Beam that took him down to about half, then KOed Reshiram on the next turn with another Return. Next in was Klinklang, and Sebastian set up a Dig. Hit with the Dig on the next turn, and Klinklang turned back into Zoroark. Hit him with a Return for a KO. Next up was the real Klinklang, who went down to a single Dig, and Sebastian leveled up to lvl 70. Next up was Vanilluxe - OHKO with a Return. Then Carracosta. Sebastian was still at a bit less than half - had been ever since taking that Hyper Beam from Reshiram. I debated a bit and decided to go for it on Carracosta and used Dig. It knocked it down to just a sliver of red, but didn't KO it, and it countered with a Stone Edge that..... missed. Phew - that would've been a near certain KO if it had hit. Set Sebastian up with a Crunch for the next turn and N used a Full Restore on Carracosta, then the Crunch took it down to about 1/4. Another Crunch and it was KOed. And last up was Archeops, who went down to a single Ice Fang. Then Ghetsis took over.

And Reshiram was still in the lead, where the game had put it against my will. So once again I had to waste the first turn switching it out. And Sebastian switched right into a Toxic from Cofagrigus. He set up a Crunch for the next turn and Cofagrigus Protected. Another Crunch, and this one hit for damage plus the lowered defense added effect, and Cofagrigus was in the low red. It countered with a Psychic that didn't do much to Sebastian. Another Crunch and Ghetsis used a Full Restore on Cofagrigus, but the Crunch fainted it anyway.

Next up was Hydreigon. I took the first turn to give Sebastian a Full Restore, while Hydreigon set up a Focus Blast that missed. On the next turn, Sebastian hit with an Ice Fang that knocked Hydreigon down into yellow and it countered with another Focus Blast that left Sebastian with a bit more than half of his HP. The next turn was a Sebastian Ice Fang for a KO.

Then Bouffalant. I gambled (since Sebastian was at just a bit more than half HP) and opened with a Return that took Bouffalant down into the red, but didn't faint it. It countered with a Head Charge and I thought it was all over. The Head Charge hit and left Sebastian with 23 HP. I gave him a Hyper Potion on the next turn and braced myself for another Head Charge, and Bouffalant hit with... Poison Jab. Shrugged it off and hit with another Return for a KO. Next was Seismitoad - Return - KO. Then Bisharp - Dig - KO. And finally Eelektross - Return - KO.

Watched the finale unfold, then listened to N's parting speech.

And then the credits ran, and as far as I'm concerned, the game's over. I'm not sure if I'll keep going or not. I know the (arbitrary) rules say that a BW challenge isn't over until I REchallenge the E4, but the credits have rolled and the game is technically over. It's not my fault that GF set this one up the way they did, and I see no reason why an exception should be made for BW, requiring players to beat the E4 TWICE in order to claim a completed game. That and, frankly, I'm tired of this challenge. It became tedious a while back, and I'm really not looking forward to going all the way through the rest of the map just so that I can grind enough levels to take Sebastian BACK to the E4 and fight and defeat the same trainers I already fought and defeated once. I think I'd rather do another solo (or an entirely different one), with a weaker pokemon, in a game in which I'm not expected to beat the E4 twice.

And did anyone even read this?

Ta.

Last edited by Arlo; January 7th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

I'm signing up for this :3. I'll be doing a single challenge, with Magby in Crystal <3. The updates will be coming in around an hour or two :D.
. :p

Last edited by Rainbow Arcanine; January 10th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:31 AM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

So I decided to use one of my favourite pokemon to do a Solo Challenge, won't be an ultimate however. Helico the Omastar destroyed Crystal in about 5 hours real time, such a boss pokemon. Not the best moveset in Gen II, but hey. Here's the summary, pics included:

Spoiler:

Had to grind with constrict for so long in order to have a useful move to defeat Falkner/Sprout Tower

Yeah that was easy

So was that

Rollout ftw

Decided to enter the Bug Catching contest for training purposes, Cut/Strength/Rock Smash slave

Bite destroyed them. Also, in Gen II if you cause a pokemon to faint, curse doesn't affect you at the end of the round. Neat huh?

Took on Rockets in Mahogany first. Became a total OHKO machine

These 3 got shut down pretty easily

Seriously, making me go to the stupid Dragon's Den? Not funny Clair

Bite

Rollout KO'd the first 4, Surf for Crobat

Surf x5

2 Rollouts, since the first ended after 4 turns. Again the Curse thing helps

Rollout for Gyarados and 3 Dragonites, Surf for Charizard/Aerodactyl. Now Kanto!

Seriously these guys were stupidly easy. About 35 mins from start to finish for all of them put together. Only healed when I started to run out of PP

Bit more thinking required here, used Full Restores twice, but that was it. Completed!

Didn't grab a screenshot of the final stats, but here's the summary of Helico:

Helico, level 76
Rollout/Bite/Icy Wind/Surf

HM Slaves:
Chikorita: Cut
Pinsir: Cut, Strength, Rock Smash
Mantine: Waterfall, Whirlpool
Tangela: Flash

For some weird reason, I never got Fly. Just ran everywhere at superspeed.

So that was fun. Won't do anymore regions with Helico however.

Catch ya('all) later

EDIT:

There hasn't been another post, but I have completed another run. This time, Ptera the Aerodactyl made his way through Hoenn with ease, whilst also proving his Toughness and picking up a couple of friend along the way. Here we go:

Spoiler:

I forgot to take pics of Gym Leaders/E4, but here's the winning moment vs Steven

Final stats. Had Aerial Ace all through Hoenn, but replaced it with Flamethrower for the final battle vs Steven

Also, didn't take screenshots, but caught Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, all 3 Regis and Latios cause I could. Might get a flashcart and transfer them to my Soul Silver at some point.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by mamoswineftw; January 11th, 2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

I've done lots so far in Crystal with Aden the Magmar.Right now I've just easily beaten Jasmine knocking out all her Pokemon with a quick flamethrower and Fire Punch before receiving the TM Iron Tail and then saved right there. Here are the main updates throughout my journey so far.

Spoiler:
•Hacked in Aden the Magby as my starter.
•Did the beginning tutorial, getting the Pokedex, Pokegear etc.
•Made my way up to Violet City, catching a Geodude for HM Slave purposes.
•Easily swept through Sprout Tower with Ember and 1HKOed Falkner's Pokemon.
•After receiving the badge, had a little difficulty in the Dark Cave and saved the slowpokes.
•Beat Bugsy and Silver easily with help from Ember again.
•Got to Goldenrod City and bought Thunder Punch from the Department Store.
•Beat Whitney easily with a few Fire Punches, Miltank was a little troublesome though.
• Headed up and defeated Sudowoodo before thrashing Morty.
•Defeated the Kimono Girls and got Surf.
• Made my way down to help at the Lighthouse and then headed to Cianwood.
•Beat Chuck with Fire Punch and Thunder Punch easily.
•Got back to Olivine and easily beat Jasmine before saving.

Team:

Aden the Magmar Lv. 41
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Sunny Day
. :p

Last edited by Rainbow Arcanine; January 14th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
Okay, so the journey continues.

-Cleared Galactic Eterna Building
-Challenged Commander Jupiter
-Defeated Commander Jupiter
-Got Bicycle
-Cleared Route 206
-Cleared Route 207
-Passed through Mt. Coronet
-Cleared Route 208
-Arrived in Hearthome City
-Cleared Hearthome Gym
-Challenged Fantina
-Defeated Fantina

Team:

Roronoa
Lvl 33, Jolly
92/91/55/53/88/75
-Psycho Cut
-Slash
-Swords Dance
-Double Team
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Gzomyndzor
Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder

Nature: Timid
EDIT:
No longer chosen Umbreon for my solo challenge. Instead:
Pokemon:
Game: Soul Silver
Challenge: Single
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Yes, you can use egg moves.
I will therefore be beginning with a with ingrain and leech seed egg moves.

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Soul Silver Update #1

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Obtained from an egg

-learnt RAZOR LEAF at Lvl6

-Defeated Heart. Difficulty: 1/5

-Caught to use as a HM Slave later on when I obtain FLY. Stored her in the PC for now

-Caught to use as a HM Slave. Stored him in the PC for now

-Defeated . Difficulty: 2/5

-Defeated . Difficulty: 5/5
~~
Badges: 1/16

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Xander" Lvl12

Rash - Overgrow
Tackle, Razor leaf, Ingrain, Leech Seed
HP:35 Att:18 Def22: SpA:19 SpD:18 Spe:18

"Kyle" Lvl3

HM Slave

"Holly" Lvl4

HM Slave

Last edited by Sydian; January 29th, 2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Don't double post, please!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Hey everyone I am proud to say I am the new owner of the Combined Solo Challenge! I plan to update weekly but every now and then I'll update daily. Anyone who has completed the challenge please PM me a link to your completion post and I'll add it to the first post. Also everyone currently participating be sure to include the game you're playing, Pokemon you're using, and a Badge count in your next update. And if you're doing an Ultimate Challenge please include a list of completed games.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Yeah, so I did a Snorlax solo as part of a Black Monocolor on FireRed, so here ya go.

Here's the video and play-by-play of the battle against Champion Blue:

Video:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Elite Four:

Champion Blue:

Hall of Fame:

Team Black (Final):

Grumpy the Hardy Snorlax, ♂ - L66 @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Body Slam, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hyper Beam
Final Stats: 312/175/155/96/160/74

HM Slaves:

Ch'Ding/Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly

Meowth - Flash, Dig

Lapras - Strength, Surf

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Gzomyndzor

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Soul Silver Update #2

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Made it through Union Cave, picking up TM39 ROCK TOMB along the way
-Chikorita evolved into Bayleef at Lvl16 :D!!!!
-Arrived at Azalea Town
-Bayleef learnt MAGICAL LEAF
-Defeated Proton. Difficulty: 1/5
-Defeated Bugsy (Bug Gym). Difficulty: 6/5 - DAMN IT SCYTHER, WHY ARE YOU SO OP?!
-Defeated Heart. Difficulty: 0/5
-Obtained CUT and ROCK SMASH (somewhere)
-Taught Meganium HEADBUTT in Ilex Forest
-Arrived at Goldenrod City
-Defeated Whitney. Difficulty: 1/5
-Obtained squirtbottle and removed sudowoodo on Route 36
-Caught Wooper to use as a HM Slave
-Obtained STRENGTH
-Arrived at Ecruteak City
-Obtained SURF
-Entered Burnt Tower, defeated Heart. Difficulty: 3/5 - damn CURSE move
-Bayleef evolved into Meganium at Lvl32 :D!!!
~~
Badges: 3/16

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Xander" Lvl32

Rash - Overgrow
Headbutt, Magical Leaf, Ingrain, Leech Seed
HP:103 Att:62 Def:76 SpA:71 SpD:63 Spe:65
~~
"Kyle" Lvl3

HM Slave - Cut, Surf
~~
"Holly" Lvl4

HM Slave
~~
"Kim" Lvl6

HM Slave - Rock Smash

Going to try and get my hands on a Miltank so I have fewer HM Slaves.

Last edited by Gzomyndzor; January 28th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Started Pokemon Emerald

Spoiler:
  • Made my starter named her Bewsa as always.
  • Did all the begin stuff and went to Rustboro City.
  • Grinded Bewsa till she learned Powder Snow before taking on the gym.
vs
Spoiler:
  • Took me half a dozen tries but I finally won thanks to freeze.
  • Went to Route 116 where I caught two of my HM Slaves.
  • Helped the Devon Research and the guy with the boat.
    • for Cut and Flash.
    • for Fly.
  • Beat .
  • Sailed to Dewford town.
  • Grinded Bewsa to learn Confusion.
vs
Spoiler:

Saved in Granite Cave.

Bewsa
Level 22
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Oblivious
Confusion, Lick, Sweet Kiss, Powder Snow
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Gzomyndzor

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Soul Silver Update #3

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Caused the 3 Legendary Dogs to scatter over Johto
-Defeated Morty. Difficulty: 3/5. Once again, CURSE is the bane of the solo pokemon challenge.
~~
Badges: 4/16

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Xander" Lvl34

Rash - Overgrow
Headbutt, Razor leaf, Ingrain, Leech Seed
HP:109 Att:66 Def:81 SpA:77 SpD:67 Spe:69
~~
"Kyle" Lvl3

HM Slave
~~
"Holly" Lvl4

HM Slave
~~
"Kim" Lvl6

HM Slave - Rock Smash, Surf

EDIT:
Due to one of my other challenges rapidly drawing to a close, I have decided to embark on another solo challenge. Here is the application:
Pokemon: Farfetch'd
Game: Platinum
Challenge: Solo
I will begin this as soon as my monotype challenge ends.

Last edited by Gzomyndzor; January 28th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Ruki_Kato

Finally got my Crystal version up and running after some slight hiccups. Here's what I've done so far.
Spoiler:

Got Raichu from Prof. Elm. Named it Tron.

Took off to get egg from Mr. Pokemon.

Got the map card from the Old Man.

Got the egg from Mr. Pokemon.

Battled my rival for the first time. He chose Cyndiquil. Also named him Clu.

Had mom save my money while I battle random strangers.

Defeated Falkner with ease for my first badge.

Got Flash from Bellsprout Tower.

I picked up the egg from Mr. Pokemon at the Pokemon Center from one of Prof. Elms assistants.

Found a few Uknown in the Ruins of Alph.

Caught a Bellsprout and named it Belle. It gets taught Flash.

Made my way through Union Cave without incident.

After Union Cave I help Kurt get back all the towns Slowpoke from Team Rocket. Their poor tails.

I take on Clu for the second time. His Cyndaquil has somehow evolved into a Croconaw. I kid you not.

A little after this battle the mystery egg hatched. It's a Togepi I have decided to name Eggbert. He's promptly shoved into a box until I get closer to Prof. Elm to show him.

Tron the Raichu: 1 out of 8 badges obtained.

Level: 20 (I fight everything I run into)
HP: 62
Attack: 48
Defense: 33
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 41
Speed: 49

Thundershock/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Thunderbolt.

On a side note, he still learns nothing. Seriously, rock/ground types suck with this pokemon until I can learn Iron Tail, which I have no idea where I get in Crystal.

Tron the Riachu Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Leaf Green - Completed: 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated
Crystal - 1 of 8 badges obtained
Emerald -
Platinum -
White 2 -
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Starting with Yellow>Crystal>Emerald>Platinum>Black 2.
Will use emulators because my current saves for my actual cartridges are precious to me, lol.

Using Ditto for all of these.

Pokemon Yellow
Spoiler:

Name of Ditto: Slurpy

Just after the battle with Pewter Gym, Slurpy's level is 18.
Grinding super hard right now lol.
Badge numero UNO

After going through Mt.Moon, clearing the Cerulean Gym and clearing Cerulean city, Slurpy's level is 29
Badge numero DOS

After clearing Vermillion City, S.S. Anne and the Vermillion Gym, Slurpy's level is 37
Badge numero TRES

The most treacherous cave ever: Rock Tunnel. Both annoying and time consuming, no? Even speeding it up didn't change how I felt about this cave. Cleared the Rock Tunnel and the Routes around Lavender Town. Slurpy's now level 45.

Travelled through the underground tunnel and headed to Celadon City where I kicked Team Rocket's butt for the Silph Scope and died whole bunch at Celadon Gym. Slurpy is level 49
Badge numero CUATRO

Played Pokemon since '98.
Craziest Asian you'll ever find.
Flautist, Violinist and Pianist.
Music and video games make my life.
OST's are the best.
Platinum Club Nintendo member.

Last edited by Kitrigar; January 29th, 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added pic
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

The OP is now up to date.

And Kitrigar I wish you luck man

Last edited by James901; January 29th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
The OP is now up to date.

And Kitrigar I wish you luck man
Haha, thanks! I'm gonna need it x_x.
I overestimated Ditto's ability to do.. anything. :\

Starting with Yellow>Crystal>Emerald>Platinum>Black 2.
Will use emulators because my current saves for my actual cartridges are precious to me, lol.

Using Ditto for all of these.

Pokemon Yellow
Spoiler:

Name of Ditto: Slurpy

No. of Items Used:
150 Super Potions
2 Max Potions
5 Hyper Potion
13 Full Restores
48 Revives
6 Rare Candies

No. of Wipeouts:

Just after the battle with Pewter Gym, Slurpy's level is 18.
Grinding super hard right now lol.
Badge numero UNO

After going through Mt.Moon, clearing the Cerulean Gym and clearing Cerulean city, Slurpy's level is 29
Badge numero DOS

After clearing Vermillion City, S.S. Anne and the Vermillion Gym, Slurpy's level is 37
Badge numero TRES

The most treacherous cave ever: Rock Tunnel. Both annoying and time consuming, no? Even speeding it up didn't change how I felt about this cave. Cleared the Rock Tunnel and the Routes around Lavender Town. Slurpy's now level 45.

Travelled through the underground tunnel and headed to Celadon City where I kicked Team Rocket's butt for the Silph Scope and died whole bunch at Celadon Gym. Slurpy is level 49
Badge numero CUATRO

Went through the Pokemon Tower, and spent a good hour there until I finally managed through it. After the Pokemon Tower, I wandered around Celadon City, forgetting where to get the damn 'drink' for those stupid officers. That took at least 30 minutes for me to remember. Finally, I headed over to Saffron city, where I spent another hour trying to get through Silph Co. This was when I realized how much I hated Gary and the Team Rocket gang with their stupidly repetitive Pokemon. I then proceeded to die a bajillion times in the Saffron Gym because of an Alakazam that does nothing but Recover itself. I used a total of, no joke, 94 Super Potions and 32 Revives, 90% of that being against Sabrina. Slurpy is now level 60
Badge numero CINCO.

Wow. Fuschia Gym was easier than I thought, but the outer areas were not. I think I've used Koffing at least 20 times. So bad . Anyway, I'm nearing the end. I've spent most of my day doing this and I'm determined to get these runs finished asap. Slurpy is now level 68 and doing a lot better.
Badge numero SEIS

I did not think ahead. Although I managed to clean out the entire area surrounding Cinnabar for some extra EXP, Cinnabar Island is tough. It's all fire and the worst part? The Abandoned Museum. Yeah. No money left to get enough repels to last, so I'm unintentionally grinding there and wasting potions. Blaine wasn't much of a problem, but still used a LOT of Super Potions and Revives to get him down. His Rapidash and Arcanine are a PAIN. Slurpy's now level 74.
Badge numero SIETE

Okay, well, I didn't expect to finish Viridian so quickly. Transforming into Dugtrio burned through Giovanni's whole team within seconds (speeding up with emu). Every trainer in the gym had very effective initial Pokemon for me to plow through their teams. Anyway, I only got one level. Slurpy's now level 75. And now we're ready to head out to the Indigo Plateau&Elite 4!
Badge numero OCHO (complete!)

Passed through the oh-so annoying Victory Road and bought a whole bunch of Full Restores and Revives. Slurpy's now level 79 and ready to challenge the league.

Beat the league, and made a speedy, quick video.
Here it is:

Played Pokemon since '98.
Craziest Asian you'll ever find.
Flautist, Violinist and Pianist.
Music and video games make my life.
OST's are the best.
Platinum Club Nintendo member.

Last edited by Kitrigar; January 30th, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Gzomyndzor

Pretty big update!
~ ~
Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Soul Silver Update #4

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Caught a Farfech'd along Route 38 to use as a replacement HM Slave for Hoothoot - Farfech'd can learn FLY and CUT
-Caught a Miltank along Route 38 to use as a replacement HM Slave for Sentret
-Arrived at Olivine City
-Entered the Lighthouse and recieved my objective from Gym Leader Jasmine
-Arrived at Cianwood City
-Defeated Eusine. Difficulty: 0/5
-Defeated Gym Leader Chuck. Difficulty: 0/5
-Obtained HM02 FLY
-Taught FLY to Farfetch'd
-Gave Ampharos the Secretpotion
-Defeated Gym Leader Jasmine. Difficulty: 2/5
-Made it through Mt. Mortar
-Arrived at Mahogany Town
-Defeated Red Gyarados
-Invaded the Team Rocket HQ
-Meganium learnt BODY SLAM at Lvl46
-Defeated Petrel. Difficulty: 0/5
-Defeated Ariana. Difficulty: 1/5
-Defeated Gym Leader Pryce. Difficulty: 0/5
-Arrived at the Goldenrod Radio Tower
-Defeated Petrel. Difficulty: 1/5
-Went into the Team Rocket HQ in the Goldenrod Basement
-Defeated Rival Heart. Difficulty: 1/5
-Defeated Executive Proton. Difficulty: 0/5
-Defeated Executive Ariana. Difficulty: 1/5
-Defeated Executive Archer. Difficulty: 1/5
-Recieved the Silver Wing
-Gave Meganium the Amulet Coin
-Entered Ice Path
-Obtained HM07 WATERFALL
-Taught Wooper WATERFALL
-Arrived at Blackthorn City
-Defeated Gym Leader Claire. Difficulty: 2/5
-Obtained the Risingbadge from Claire in Dragon's Den
-Increased MAGICAL LEAF's pp to 32 (with 3 Pp Ups = max Pp) (A STAB special attack move that never misses with that much Pp will be very useful)
-Defeated the Kimono Girls. Difficulty: 2.5/5
-Defeated Lugia
-Arrived at Victory Road
-Defeated Rival Heart. Difficulty: 1/5
-Arrived at the Indigo Plateau!
~~
Badges: 8/16

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Xander" Lvl68

Rash - Overgrow
Amulet Coin
Headbutt, Magical leaf, Ingrain, Leech Seed
HP:215 Att:137 Def:164 SpA:159 SpD:136 Spe:152
~~
"Kim"

HM Slave - Rock Smash, Whirlpool
~~
"ELisa"

HM Slave - Cut, Fly
~~
"Daisy"

HM Slave - Surf, Strength

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Platinum Update #1

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Hatched a Farfetch'd from an egg obtained from Diamond
-Did all the blarble at the beginning...got a Pokedex etc
-Trained Farfetch'd up to around Lvl6 on wild pokemon outside Twinleaf Town, then began advancing forward
-Arrived at Jubilife City
-Recieved the Battle Recorder
-Defeated Rival Barry. Difficulty: 2/5
-Recieved HM06 ROCK SMASH
-Taught Chimchar ROCK SMASH
-Arrived at Oreburgh City
-Farfetch'd learnt AERIAL ACE at Lvl13
-Defeated Gym Leader Roark. Difficulty: 5/5
-Defeated the two Galactic Grunts
-Arrived at Floaroma Town
-Entered the Valley Windworks
-Farfetch'd learnt SLASH at Lvl19
-Defeated Galactic Commander Mars. Difficulty: 2/5
-Took Cheryl through Eterna Forest
-Arrived at Eterna City
-Defeated Gym Leader Gardenia. Difficulty: 0/5
-Entered the Team Galactic Building
-Defeated Galactic Commander Jupiter. Difficulty: 1/5
-Obtained the bicycle
-Defeated trainers along the Cycle Path
-Went through Mt. Coronet and arrived at Hearthome City
-Defeated Gym Leader Fantina. Difficulty: 2/5
-Defeated Rival Barry. Difficulty: 0/5
-Caught a Bibarel at Lvl19 to use as a HM Slave
-Caught a Staravia at Lvl18 to use as a HM Slave
-Taught Farfetch'd RETURN and gave him the Soothe Bell
-Arrived at Solaceon Town
-Picked up HM05 DEFOG
-Taught Staravia DEFOG
-Arrived at Veilstone City
~~
Badges: 3/8

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Isaac" Lvl40

Adamant - Inner Focus
Soothe Bell
Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Return, Swords Dance
Hp:100 Att:77 Def:58 SpA:53 SpD:60 Spe:61
~~
"Henry" Lvl7

HM Slave - Rock Smash
~~
"Jerry" Lvl19

HM Slave
~~
"Olivia" Lvl18

HM Slave

Last edited by Gzomyndzor; January 30th, 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: layout changes
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:00 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Sign me up!

Challenge: Solo Run
Game: White 2

I beat Cheren with my Snivy so I could trade and get my Stunfisk named Joy over and start training her from Level 1 (thanks to NecrumWarrior!) Currently leveling her up so she'll be able to take on Roxie no problem!

Joy
Modest (Mischevious)
Level 33
Wise Glasses
Static
126/47/71/75/76/36

Moves:
*Mud Bomb
*Discharge
*Sludge Bomb
*Attract

Last edited by mystletainn; January 31st, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Gzomyndzor

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Soul Silver Update #5

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Entered the Elite Four
-Defeated Elite Four Will. Difficulty: 3/5
-Defeated Elite Four Koga. Difficulty: 5/5
-Defeated Elite Four Bruno. Difficulty: 2/5
-Defeated Elite Four Karen. Difficulty: 3/5
-Defeated Champion Lance. Difficulty: 3/5. For Lance, my Meganium was never in any real danger. His Dragonite didn't use a single OUTRAGE and the FIRE BLAST attacks did only about 30% of Meganium's HP (easily recovered with INGRAIN + LEECH SEED). It just took a while because both our pokemon were pretty heafty tanks.

But the challenge and storyline do not end here...
...This is where the REAL challenge begins.

-Arrived back at New Bark Town
-Recieved the S.S Ticket from Professor Elm
-Arrived at Olivine City
-Recieved the National Dex from Professor Oak
-Boarded the S.S Aqua
-Arrived in Kanto! (Vermillion City)
-Defeated Gym Leader Lt. Surge. Difficulty: 1/5. His pokemon wasted their time using double team.
-Arrived at Saffron City
-Defeated Gym Leader Sabrina (she didn't talk about spoons this time D: ). Difficulty: 2/5
~~
Badges: 10/16

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Xander" Lvl73

Rash - Overgrow
Amulet Coin
Headbutt, Magical leaf, Ingrain, Leech Seed
HP:230 Att:147 Def:176 SpA:170 SpD:146 Spe:163
~~
"Kim" Lvl

HM Slave - Rock Smash, Whirlpool
~~
"ELisa" Lvl

HM Slave - Cut, Fly
~~
"Daisy" Lvl

HM Slave - Surf, Strength

~~
Pictures:
Spoiler:

Solo Pokemon Challenge with - Platinum Update #2

The Progress:
Spoiler:

-Defeated Gym Leader Maylene. Difficulty: 2/5
-Defeated the two Galactic Grunts, returning Lucas' Pokedex
-Obtained HM02 FLY
-Taught Staravia FLY
-Arrived at Pastoria City
-Defeated Rival Barry. Difficulty: 0/5
-Defeated Gym Leader Crasher Wake. Difficulty: 2/5
-Flew to Hearthome City and picked up the Amulet Coin, giving it to Farfetch'd
-Chased after the Galactic Grunt and defeated him
-Arrived at Celestic Town
-Defeated Galactic Boss Cyrus. Difficulty: 2/5
-Obtained HM03 SURF
-Taught Bibarel SURF
-Arrived at Canalave City
-Defeated Rival Barry. Difficulty: 2/5
~~
Badges: 5/8

~~
The Team:
Spoiler:

"Isaac" Lvl54

Adamant - Inner Focus
Amulet Coin
Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Return, Swords Dance
Hp:135 Att:112 Def:79 SpA:74 SpD:80 Spe:87
~~
"Henry"

HM Slave - Rock Smash
~~
"Jerry"

HM Slave - Fly, Defog
~~
"Olivia"

HM Slave - Surf
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
I will be doing a solo run with Carvanha in Leafgreen.
Update #1
Spoiler:

-Got Potion from PC
-Received "Jaws" the Carvanha from Oak
-Beat Gary
-Gave Oak his parcel
-Grinded
-Beat Gary again
-Made my way through Viridian Forest
-Beat Brock

More to come soon

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346