The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
Once 6th gen comes out we all will abandon them, YES EVERYONE WILL. But for how long is where answers begin to differ from one another. I will ditch them once it comes out until I have beaten it, more than likely. But I know for a fact I will play those games again since gen 4 was the first pokemon game I played that I could truly enjoy, now I don't want to go "nostalgia overload" on you guys so i'll keep it brief. Pearl is probably the second most beaten pokemon game I have played, (The first being emerald) and I haven't stopped playing sapphire, colosseum, or even the original red. I will probably stop playing them once they refuse to work or the internal battery dies, which will lead to a good week or two of sucking my thumb in the feetal position in the corner of my room with the lights out.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
Often. I replay most of my Gen. 4 games mostly because I just love them so much. Great storyline, great characters - and of course, great Pokemon. I have too many memories with SoulSilver and Diamond/Platinum to stop.

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Yep, I restarted my Plat and SS games and will play them after I am done with Emerald (hopefully, soon!)
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
Oh God, yes! My favorite game is Platinum, with Heartgold/Soulsilver close behind. I love the follow feature.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Platina Berlitz
Pure bliss

Nature: Jolly
I'm replaying Platinum as we speak actually as I count down toward the new games, haha. I think I may keep playing as it was a favourite generation of mine

Old January 16th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Of course! In fact, make it all the DS games (including BW and their sequels). 4th gen had the single most important change in Pokémon history (Physical/Special split), gave all Pokémon tons of strong moves, balanced old Pokémon with cool new evolutions, and the world of Sinnoh is very nice to navigate.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Shiny Bidoof
On fire

I'm thinking of shelling out for platinum if I get a working DS soon. Love the 4th gen pokemon, and the games are real cheap now.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

If I had Platinum then possibly for the contests, but I don't. SoulSilver, which I do have, lacks the retro charm of the original second generation games, so playing that is even less likely than if I were to play Sapphire again.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I don't think I've ever ditched a generation of Pokemon completely. except gen1 I'm sorry ;~;
I always go back to play the Pokemon games I have at least once, especially when I've just finished a game from the current generation and want to relive the nostalgia. Also, like some of the other people here, I play through the older generation of Pokemon games when I'm awaiting the next release.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

I still use my Diamond version as storage for all my pokemon from both four and third generation games.

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old January 18th, 2013, 10:18 PM
venetianghost

Nature: Relaxed
Heart Gold will always have a place in my DS. I enjoyed it much like I enjoyed the original Gold.
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
I still play my Yellow and Chrystal version, so I am pretty sure that fourth gen will not lose that many players.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:38 PM
Whistler
Questioner

Nature: Gentle
I didn't really like Diamond and Pearl much, but Soul Silver was great. I want my Pokemon to follow me all the time.

Still, I caught so many Pokemon in Soul Silver that I don't want to delete it. I want to play through it again though...AAAH!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!? ;___;
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:17 PM
daigonite
Ninjas Against Bottomless Pits
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I honestly didn't like the 4th generation much at all. Heartgold was cool but not enough to keep me going.

I've been playing Gen III and V a lot more :/
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:04 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

I'm still sitting here playing gen III games, and I and II. I'm not gonna skimp out on the 4th! It is my least favorite gen though, only because DP leave such a sour taste and Sinnoh is difficult to traverse. But I don't outright hate it. I love Platinum and HGSS and those three are enough to keep me going. Plus, I still gotta learn how to RNG in HGSS. ;3

Last edited by Jak; January 22nd, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
I still have HGSS and Iwill pick them up every now and then solely because I like the walking feature ssoooo much. If the new gen brings the follow me feature back, then it'll be a long, loong time before I pick them up again.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:04 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Pretty straightforward. With Generation VI approaching and arriving in October, Generation IV becomes yet another step closer to relative extinction. My question to you is, will you pick these games up every now and then and play them after Gen VI is out? Or, will you ditch them completely?
Of course I'd pick them up. I always need a dose of nostalgia, so I crack open my old games and start playing them, so for sure, I'll be playing these games soon enough.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Of course, I play with them! I always hunt legendaries (not kill them of course, you know what.) when I finish the game. I still can't capture Uxie for a reason in my Platinum xD. Not only that, but HG/SS is my favorite game. Trying to have all legendaries I can in HG/SS and the Pokemon follows you! Who doesn't like that? So yes, I play D/P/PT and HG/SS.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Yep, I am still playing Soul Silver. After this, I'd play Platinum. Although I'm speeding things up for Plat because I just want Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:54 PM
hpstr
Unhatched Egg

Yes, because the storyline of the silver/gold games is my favorite one, and I always go back to it.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

Well I do Monotype Challenges on a daily basis (one badge per day usually), so I play the games daily.

I don't think I will stop playing the games, I still play FireRed and Emerald every few days and they're even more outdated than Gen IV

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
I've played through my Diamond thrice; I haven't upgraded to a 3DS or played any generations after generation IV.

As someone who has played the games from the absolute beginning of Pokémon (in North America at least; started playing Pokémon Blue at the age of six!) the D/P/Pl generation was relatively disappointing compared to the certain magic I felt when playing generations one through three. After playing Diamond the first time thorugh I felt that Gamefreak had sold out a great deal with the fourth generation and thereafter to make the games easier for a younger generation of kids. Granted this is where all the money was to be found, but I still felt to a certain degree betrayed. Diamond was almost too easy. It's entirely possible I've just outgrown the familiar game mechanics and I lack the patience I once had to stare at a screen for hours on end.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:46 PM
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City

Nature: Modest
I love the Heart Gold, the original pokemon are the best. I think i will

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Caelus
Gone

I really enjoyed playing DPP and HGSS so even with the 6th generation games getting closer to being released I'll still play those games every now and then. Unless they remake them I don't see why I would stop playing any game from the 4th gen.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

I wont ditch worth gen maily becuz i have boxes full of strong pokemon on them plus there still good games with kool story lines

Sponsored Links