The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Is there Official pokemon VCG rules links somewhere? Not smogon rules
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Smogon pulls out the codes from the games and adds it to their own system. They don't tweek item effects. A lot of testing came from the game themselves.

From Personal Test I know the latter half about the abilities blocking it are true, same if the Pokemon holding the Cell Battery is Ground Type.

As for Official info, there never is any official info on how items work outside of the in game descriptions which don't state that the holder takes no damage when the item is consumed.

I've never tested Cell Battery nor Absorb Bulb outside of the few test I did for ability/type blocking.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Smogon pulls out the codes from the games and adds it to their own system. They don't tweek item effects. A lot of testing came from the game themselves.

From Personal Test I know the latter half about the abilities blocking it are true, same if the Pokemon holding the Cell Battery is Ground Type.

As for Official info, there never is any official info on how items work outside of the in game descriptions which don't state that the holder takes no damage when the item is consumed.

I've never tested Cell Battery nor Absorb Bulb outside of the few test I did for ability/type blocking.

What I mean is there VCG rules posted somewhere? Or will they be posted for the tournament. Would like to use a rain team
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Khrysta

Officially only things banned are Dark Void, Chatot/Chatter, (small list of assorted legends around the 600BST range), and Sky Drop. This is off the top of my head, but other than in specificly stated tournaments, those have been consistent. Chatot itself is banned due to an issue with Chatter rather than the attack itself.

If that still isn't what you are asking, try being like pre-school specific cause I derp hard sometimes.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

No its answered. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there if there was a rule book some where. Because I want to make a trick room resistant troll team that swims :). God I hate trick room
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
No its answered. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there if there was a rule book some where. Because I want to make a trick room resistant troll team that swims . God I hate trick room
They usually have a Downloadable PDF file on their website. It usually takes a bit of searching to find it.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
PenguinStorm
Stormeo

Do you know any planned events? (Other than melloeta)
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinStorm View Post
Do you know any planned events? (Other than melloeta)
The Keldeo event is currently going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papii View Post
Thanks for the information. Would you prefer Surf over the other two?
Dragonite is primarily a physical attacker, so Surf doesn't see much use. Check its Smogon article for more info.

Old January 30th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Is there anyone that will give you a bunch of Yellow Shards? I know someone gives you ten Red Shards in Nimbasa, so I would assume there's someone that does the same for the yellow ones. If so, where are they? Thanks in advance.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Question about the Regis... to catch Regigigas in B2/W2, do all three Regis have to be from your game? I know you need all of them to wake up Regigigas, but I can't get Registeel because I don't know anyone with B2. However, I do have a Registeel from Hoenn, will that still work?

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
Question about the Regis... to catch Regigigas in B2/W2, do all three Regis have to be from your game? I know you need all of them to wake up Regigigas, but I can't get Registeel because I don't know anyone with B2. However, I do have a Registeel from Hoenn, will that still work?
In order to encounter Regigigas, none of them have to be from your game cart, so you can trade for any Regis you missed or transfer them from Gen III/IV.

Edit: @Sydian: the only person who gives you a bunch of Shards is the gentleman at Nimbasa, who'll give you 10 Red Shards. You'll have to find Yellow Shards randomly, sadly. They can be random consolation prizes at the PWT, random prizes at Join Avenue's Antique Shop or in the dust clouds at Relic Passage or Reversal Mountain.

Old January 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
megametalgreymon
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Does anyone know if there are any participating Walmart stores for the Pokemon BW2 DW Sinnoh Starter code promotion in the Bellevue, WA area or at least close to it?
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by megametalgreymon View Post
Does anyone know if there are any participating Walmart stores for the Pokemon BW2 DW Sinnoh Starter code promotion in the Bellevue, WA area or at least close to it?
You have to call your Wal-Mart to find out. As far as I know there is no online list with all of them on it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
bronyta77
Unhatched Egg

I've read that trading between BW and BW2 is possible, as opposed to one-time transfers to BW2. I want to trade Genesect from White 2 to Black, reset White 2 and trade him back to White 2 from Black. I know it would register as traded and not native, but that's not a big deal. Basically, is this all correct/possible?
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronyta77 View Post
I've read that trading between BW and BW2 is possible, as opposed to one-time transfers to BW2. I want to trade Genesect from White 2 to Black, reset White 2 and trade him back to White 2 from Black. I know it would register as traded and not native, but that's not a big deal. Basically, is this all correct/possible?
Yes, it's possible to do that. But you still need your 1st Gym Badge in White 2 to trade.

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:37 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

What is the possibility of a Male dream world ability to be bred over with a female of its own kind? Is it the same 20%
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sydian

Males don't pass over Dream World abilities.

What are the possible pass codes for the Plasma boat? I can't read my game, and I haven't noticed any numbers given out, so...lol idk how I ever did this before.

Edit: I looked them up on Serebii and have tried all the codes, even the numbers, and I still have had no success. I battled all the grunts as well.

Last edited by Sydian; January 31st, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:10 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

I know that one pass code on the boat is the either the same or opposite legendary dragon like in Black I believe Zekrom is but check Reshiram. i am presuming you have the plasma card right
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:17 PM
Sydian

My game is Japanese, so Zekrom or Reshiram definitely aren't the passwords (in English I mean). lol And yes, I got the card. I tried all the combos that Serebii gave me and nothing worked, unless I'm reading things wrong. But I did them all about three times with no luck. So idk.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:25 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
My game is Japanese, so Zekrom or Reshiram definitely aren't the passwords (in English I mean). lol And yes, I got the card. I tried all the combos that Serebii gave me and nothing worked, unless I'm reading things wrong. But I did them all about three times with no luck. So idk.
Have you tried "2202"? I think that's the password in my White 2 game.

Old January 31st, 2013, 05:35 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Here's an interesting question. Has anyone ever tried trading any Pokémon to B/W that are either N's Pokémon or Pkmn Dream Radar catches? I'm curious what they look like for the "where caught" status and such in that game, and clearly, while N's OT and 00002 ID are retained, I'm guessing it would not retain the statement about being owned by a powerful trainer either in B/W or upon trading back to B2/W2.

Same question could be applied to Route 19-23 catches and other new areas (Seaside Cave for instance). I already know they revert to "Faraway place". Do they get their original catch location back upon tradeback or stay that way permanently?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I see that you have already solved it, but for the others:
(even though I have already answered this question xD)
If grunts tell you a number then the password is 'xx0x' where the x is the number in question.
If not, then the password is Zekuromu/Reshiramu in katakana (or in latin if playing English version).

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:52 AM
Synerjee
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I see that you have already solved it, but for the others:
(even though I have already answered this question xD)
If grunts tell you a number then the password is 'xx0x' where the x is the number in question.
If not, then the password is Zekuromu/Reshiramu in katakana (or in latin if playing English version).
Just to clarify, Zekuromu is ゼクロム and Reshiramu is レシラム. This could help if you don't know how to read Japanese. If those don't work, there are a set of numbers that could be the password, which are 2202, 7707 or 9909. If one doesn't work, try another. One is bound to be the correct password.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:22 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Here's an interesting question. Has anyone ever tried trading any Pokémon to B/W that are either N's Pokémon or Pkmn Dream Radar catches? I'm curious what they look like for the "where caught" status and such in that game, and clearly, while N's OT and 00002 ID are retained, I'm guessing it would not retain the statement about being owned by a powerful trainer either in B/W or upon trading back to B2/W2.

Same question could be applied to Route 19-23 catches and other new areas (Seaside Cave for instance). I already know they revert to "Faraway place". Do they get their original catch location back upon tradeback or stay that way permanently?

Cyclone

I don't know about N's Pokemon, but I know Dream Radar Pokemon turn into "Faraway Place." Also, I'm fairly sure that Pokemon with Faraway Place revert back to their original catch location when traded back to B2W2.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Is there anywhere i can find blue shards?I want 10 for night slash.I have already wasted 10 and only have 1.
I know you can get them when you fail at PWT but i want something else.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here