Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:33 PM
cloud354
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
According to my cartridge, 40 hours.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
I was six years old when I first started playing so I honestly can't recall.

:D
My account is almost ten years old. o_o
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
38 hours, what the game said.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:28 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

45 hours...mostly because I kept level grinding EVERY pokemon I caught.

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old January 29th, 2013, 08:41 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Eh, I played it lightning fast, since I only trained Blastoise, So maybe ten hours at most.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
It took me about 35-40 hours to defeat the entire game. When I first got the game when it was released in 1998, though, I was addicted and defeated the game in like 24 hours. xD
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Ohohoho, here's a good one.

So, when I turned 6, my Mom got me Pokémon Yellow for my birthday. I was crazy about the cards and the anime, so the games were the next thing for me to become addicted to.

I've posted this story about 264534 times on this site now, so I'm going to cut it short and say it took 4 years to complete Yellow, entirely because of my on/off basis of playing it. :P I at least completed Gold in this 4 year period, became addicted, and didn't play Yellow for a long time.
So it's not that it took me four years, it's just I took a lot of long breaks :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
for my 5th birthday I got a GBC with Pokemon Yellow,Red and Blue (at the time my parents/familly didn't knew that they're all basicly the same ) I was stuck at Rock Tunnel/Lavender town, 2 years later I got Gold and later Silver they were a bit easier but I couldn't finish them either, It was until I heard about the release of FRLG that I decided to finish RBYGSC because a friend told me that it's going to be a sequel to those games and I didn't want to buy FRLG unless I finished the all... and what did I get.. everything I did the whole time but then in better screen and for some reason I still loved it and played it as a freak. I chose Leafgreen so that I had all 1st gen starters mascot games

I ended up playing 75 hours before I completed red for the first time and I can say that roughly 10-15 hours was spend in Rock tunnel/Lavender town

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:47 PM
javarkiller
Unhatched Egg

For me i just trained my mained pokemon the whole time, and Not catch anything other then hm holders. But if i would be taking my time then id catch everything slowly
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
dungeonmaster201

today I could probably do it in about 4-5 hours. when I first played when it first came out about a week.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Halipoke
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
I honestly don't even know how long it took the first time I played it, since I was so young and didn't know any english. I remember beating Blue though.

If I had to guess, I'd say it took about 50-60 hours of my life.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Skylar97
Hack enjoyer

Nature: Jolly
I clocked 12 hours when i beat gary. my best pokemon was a lv 70 nidoking
Hacks I enjoy

Thanks for all the great work.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
samiam391
Unhatched Egg

Took me roughly 30 hours and I re-played it multiple times afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonmaster201 View Post
today I could probably do it in about 4-5 hours. when I first played when it first came out about a week.
4-5 hours? That'd be incredibly impressive. I doubt anyone could really do that!

Last edited by samiam391; March 4th, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
The only time I had an opportunity to beat Yellow was when I borrowed my cousin's cartridge, and he had already gotten part way through the game. If I had to guess, I probably got past the Elite Four at about the 50-55 hour mark, with about 2/3rds of it being my own play time.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
vovillia
CEO & Owner of VoVillia Corp.

Nature: Relaxed
Just under 40 hours, I still remember how excited I was the first time doing so :D

It was red version on my GBC, many, many years ago :D
"There were many, and now there are none. With only you stand, and to stand alone. Only you can choose to go on with strength, and continue to write your story of life."
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Krazoa
Chasing after glowy things

The first game I got was pokemon yellow C: during my first gameplay I made the stupid mistake of focusing on just pikachu.. so took me longer then average. I did manage to get through the league C:
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Marina A. Silver
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
The first game I ever played was Pokemon Red that I got right before my family left on a road trip over the weekend and I remember being attached to my game boy color for the rest of the weekend and beat all the gym leaders and I think a few more days until I beat the game. Same with Blue and Yellow but for those I can't remember quite as well only reason I remember the how long I took with Red is because it was a birthday present and it was my very first game for my gameboy color.

~ Aw Sweet memories.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
It took me 12 hours (I think).

I didn't continue it after beating the game,
I played Red btw, I was such a noob at pokemon back then.
Since I was only 4, at least I did understand things.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here