The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:20 AM
TrainerTori
Growlithe Fan

Nature: Quiet
Agreeing with many that HG/SS was the best use of the touch screen!
I'd like to see that with the poketech(? I think that's what I'm thinking of) instead of the pokegear :/ was never a fan of the pokegear - I always inevitably ended up calling the prof or my mom when opening it.

Old January 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'd love to see a return of the HGSS use of the touch screen with a bit of B/W (2) features mixed in. I really liked what they did in HGSS and I think it would just make playing on the 3DS that much better. The C-gear really seemed like a lot of wasted space and potential... there's room for so much more information.
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I'd love to see a return of the HGSS use of the touch screen with a bit of B/W (2) features mixed in. I really liked what they did in HGSS and I think it would just make playing on the 3DS that much better. The C-gear really seemed like a lot of wasted space and potential... there's room for so much more information.
I agree. I actually don't care if the C-Gear makes a comeback, because it really does have further potential on the 3DS, but it would work out so much better if it was made as an option rather than forced onto the bottom half and taking a step back from the touchscreen menu HG/SS had going on. Honestly, it still confuses me me a little as to why they didn't integrate the C-Gear that way before. I'm sure they certainly could have done it too, if they wanted.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM
mijumaru1
Unhatched Egg

Hopefulyl there'll be more useful functions on the bottom screen!
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I DREAMED A DREAM LAST NIGHT. Not as efficient as the HGSS touchscreen I don't think, but I dreamed the bottom screen displayed your party and you used the touchscreen to move them around and swap items and such, similar to the Poketch app in DPPt that lets you see your team, but with more features. And if you needed the rest of the menu, you press X and it comes up on the bottom screen instead, HGSS style though, minus the party option since that was already on the bottom screen. But I think since most of the time, we're going to the menu for our party, it'd be simpler to have them already on the bottom screen where you can switch them and such.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
As long as they actually make use of the touch screen in an active way, and not simply to store information, I'll be fine.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:04 PM
WizChloefa
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
What are you hoping for on the bottom screen when walking around? The helpful menu interface seen on HG/SS, a C-Gear, the PokéEtch, or something completely different?

I'm extremely hoping for the HG/SS interface, it was a stroke of genius and I'm hoping they do that again. I had no use for the C-Gear and the PokéEtch was borderline useless.

Any ideas on how you'd like to use the bottom screen?
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:14 PM
SpitfireYoshi

Pokewatch from DPP, or is it called PokeEtch? Anyways it needs to be improved so that you can access the menu from it.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would like to see something that has both the menu as well as special functions you can select on the new device that would be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. That would make things much more easier as well as accessing special apps that are designed on the new device as well as the map implemented on the new device. So it can scroll from Menu Shortcuts (which by default would have Pokédex, Pokémon, Bag, Save, [Trainer's name] and Options), Map, And many Other Applications.

So just imagine having the menu shortcuts on the first screen, then scrolling to the next one to see the map of the new region that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be in.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links