The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King

Advertise here
So we all have that one Pokemon that carries the load for the team in multiple battles. I want to know, who was your Champion MVP? Like, who was the main Pokemon that took on the champion during your playthrough of BW2? Why were they so good in that battle (what moves did it know that mainly defeated her)?

For me, in Black 2, Weavile was my MVP since she single-handedly took on Hydreigon, Druddigon, Haxorus, and Archeops with Ice Punch.

In White 2, I'd have to say my MVP was Jellicent who took hits like a man and dished out some serious hurt, although he couldn't do anything to Lapras. He had Shadow Ball and Hydro Pump which helped taking out Aggron, Archeops, and even Haxorus whom my Emboar fell to quickly.

Old January 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
For B2, it was my Azumarill that took out all the dragon types and Arceops with Ice Beam, for W2 it was my forrothorn i believe, because it could take the hits.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Old owner of: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Whistler
Questioner

Nature: Gentle
...My Crustle in White 1, and my Arcanine in White 2. They are both in my top 3 favorites. =]
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
...My Crustle in White 1, and my Arcanine in White 2. They are both in my top 3 favorites. =]
Cool, I loved Arcanine =D but remember that this applies only to BW2!

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
My MVP was, unsurprisingly, Serperior. He pretty much led most of my battles, including the Elite 4. He wasn't as helpful in the battle with Iris, but he got in some good hits and took out one or two of her Pokemon, maybe. (I beat Iris a while ago, so it's hard to remember.)
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Hands down my MVP was Ninetails. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and hex with STABs FireBlast and FlameThrower were clutch. She single handedly took out the Champion.

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
That's easy My MVP was my lucario Nicko in black 2, in white though it was strangely my Audino Sandra.

Last edited by Talli; January 25th, 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Shikai
Fight for the name of Pokemon

Nature: Brave
My MVP was Zoroark. It while out all the elite for with just foul play

My Steel Pokemon Team

Old January 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I actually can't recall any of my team being the MVP in my fight against the Champion.

There was a lot of shuffling about....Flygon and Octillery got a good bit of action because of their dragon and ice moves though. Magnezone was useful because I kept paralyzing her pokemon, I don't think I would have got through it otherwise. Then out of my other three pokemon Emboar and Sigilyph got a little bit of action although they didn't really fit into a role. Then there was Weezing who was a bit of a weak link although he was useful when I had to revive other pokemon...because he's good at taking hits.

Ever since the 4th gen my teams have become much more balanced, before that there was usually one or two pokemon that carried my team almost exclusively.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
My MVP was Haxorus or Lucario. Can't remember.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Cassino
Meduka Meguca

Huge Power Azumarill sporting Aqua Tail (later and currently Waterfall) and Ice Punch. I also utilised the fact that Aqua Ring stacks with Leftovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilveri View Post
Hands down my MVP was Ninetails. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and hex with STABs FireBlast and FlameThrower were clutch. She single handedly took out the Champion.
I have one note for improvement: you could've kept her as a Vulpix for longer in order to learn Extrasensory, which could've taken the place of either STAB move. That said, one interesting thing you could still teach her via TM is Energy Ball.

DA | YT | More like Havel the #Rekt

Last edited by Cassino; January 25th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Never really have an MVP, because I always train and use all my Pokémon equally, but I guess If I had to pick, White was my Haxorus, and White2 was my Shiny Arcanine (Imported from HG) who I finally got to use on my team!
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Azumarill in run 1, Lucario in run 2. I got them early and they remained my go-to team member whenever I was in a pinch or just didn't want to put up with the battle at hand.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

Darmanitan was my MVP, he was incredibly strong and with 100+ power attacks and his humongous attack stat, he just destroys everything.

Lucario was a really close second since all his attacks were decent power and he had a lot of attack coverage.

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Lucario, as always.
I owned the league with him alone =)
I just tried to do a solo-run league with him and it worked perfectly =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
My Lucario owned the champ. He was dfeated later by Haxorus, but then my Samurott won.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilveri View Post
I have one note for improvement: you could've kept her as a Vulpix for longer in order to learn Extrasensory, which could've taken the place of either STAB move. That said, one interesting thing you could still teach her via TM is Energy Ball.
I'll remember that cause I am thinking about raising another with a different EV strategy.

I'd also like to add that in my recent victories Metagross has, single handedly with only one full restore , taken out the entire elite 4 and 4/6 on the champion. STABs Meteor Mash and Bulletpunch with Zen Headbut, the support from hammer arm.
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Surprisingly Galvantula made it to be my MVP. Amazing type coverage. 4+ advantages with stab, and give it a 3rd attack that isn't bug or electric and it works perfectly.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Krookodile in Black, Espeon in Black 2.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

in diamond it was my torrterra, twiggy. running around using earthquake on everything. in black it was a level 57 simipour i traded my female one for in the beginning of the game. in black 2 it was lucario cause he's awesome and resists grass which my rival had. its a shame his stats were so lousy though...

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:46 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

my MVP was prolly my krookodile hydrogen
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Oddly enough in one playthrough it was my Glaceon. I used it as an Eevee and traded it over to Black so it could evolve, but when I traded it back it was my #1.

On my other playthroughs my MVPs were Excadrill (not surprisingly - tons of things are weak to it) and Lucario (again, fighting weakness was everywhere).
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

My Scrafty, hands down. I don't remember what happened the majority of the battle but Iris' battle I would not have won if it weren't for Scrafty. It was a very close call but it managed to survive an attack from her Haxorus (who uses Dragon Dance like... three or four times why I allowed it I don't know sob) and defeated it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

My MVP was my Crobat, it just went so well in the Elite four, went through 4 of the leaders and still does well in competitive battling. It's my prize possession.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Shikai
Fight for the name of Pokemon

Zoroark was my MVP. She was strong with foul play

My Steel Pokemon Team

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here