The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
But things we've considered almost legendary, such as Volcarona, and Phione (not exactly but close enough) have evolutions, and given that this is likely the generation featuring DNA and such it seems like it would be more likely to actually occur than not. Plus they could just be alternate evolutions, like Giratina-O's stats compared to Giratina, but for these to -actually- be evolutions.
I think Volcarona is a prime example of why Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be able to evolve or breed. In Black and White, it was treated very much like its own legend. High stats, encounter at LV. 70, revered as a "sun god" and even learns a move at LV. 100.

Yet, I don't see it under the legendary light due to having the capability of evolving from a pre-evolution and being able to breed as many as you want. It loses its unique status in my eyes with those capabilities.

I wouldn't be against some legendaries getting an alternative form maybe, but a straight up evolution [or pre-evolution], I don't think I'd be much of a fan if they started doing that. Which is why I liked that even though you could breed Manaphy and hatch a Phione, it was still never able to evolve into a Manaphy. We could only have one.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Forever
let it go

Great to see that so many had thoughts on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Thinking about it... it could be a possibility, knowing that Game Freak has never made a real Legendary Pokémon evolve before (except if you count Phione as one, which could only be obtained by breeding but cannot evolve). But having alternate formes of Legendary Pokémon would be more likely to come than real evolutions of a Legendary Pokémon.

But we never know, they might just put evolutions of a Legendary Pokémon to be achieved in a certain way like trading or something like that, which would be pretty cool. ^^
Yeah and because of that it doesn't mean it'll carry on forever (in regards to legendaries not involving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I forgot about Espeon...in that case they should be Ground and Ghost and could be owned by Agatha and Bertha who Shauntel refered to meeting in B2W2...
Anyways a Volcarona evolution would be cool, it could be made to look even more sun like and get stats equal to Togekiss who irc is the strongest none psuedo or legendary pokémon in terms of stats.

Also a Rotom evo which get's fused into it's device upon evolution.
Volcarona evolution please no. :( I was only using it as an example. XD; Too strong it'd be tho imo.

I like the Rotom evo, though! The current defensive Rotom would definitely benefit a lot from eviolite and the evolved formes could change up a few current metagames. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemstar View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the line, Roserade's my favourite Pokemon after all. It's just that having a male Roselia evolution might be nice considering that having male Roserades are sometimes awkward. Kind of a Gardevoir situation.
idk I've always seen Roserade as male for some reason, it just has this look to it where it doesn't really look like a female, whereas Roselia does? But if it did get a male evolution then I hope they redesign Roserade tbh because it looks manly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I think Volcarona is a prime example of why Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be able to evolve or breed. In Black and White, it was treated very much like its own legend. High stats, encounter at LV. 70, revered as a "sun god" and even learns a move at LV. 100.

Yet, I don't see it under the legendary light due to having the capability of evolving from a pre-evolution and being able to breed as many as you want. It loses its unique status in my eyes with those capabilities.

I wouldn't be against some legendaries getting an alternative form maybe, but a straight up evolution [or pre-evolution], I don't think I'd be much of a fan if they started doing that. Which is why I liked that even though you could breed Manaphy and hatch a Phione, it was still never able to evolve into a Manaphy. We could only have one.
But I guess if legendaries could breed it could be like real life, y'know how legends in history do have children, and legendaries having babies doesn't seem that strange because although they're something to look up to they've still got to have time of their own and have their own legacy imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowOz View Post
If anything, I would find a Pre-Evo of a Legendary most amusing and rather interesting. Just think, a smaller version of Entei or even Celebi (teh cuteness :3).
THIS. Pre-evos of current legendaries wouldn't be so overpowered and extremely cute toooo like you said! :3
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I was joking Forever xD Volcorona is okay...for now.
I read this here rumor in the Pokejungle rumor list "There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon. However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments" If it's true I wonder which Gen 1 pokemon it'll be... so far only Taurus, Lapras, Ditto, Farfetch, Pinsir and Aerodactyl don't have either a pre evo or an evo from gen 1. Though it could also be an addition to a two line like a Scyther pre evo, or a Jynx evolution. I want this to be real, it gives me hope for a Jynx evo.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM
TheRiddler
Rouge

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I read this here rumor in the Pokejungle rumor list "There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon. However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments" If it's true I wonder which Gen 1 pokemon it'll be... so far only Taurus, Lapras, Ditto, Farfetch, Pinsir and Aerodactyl don't have either a pre evo or an evo from gen 1. Though it could also be an addition to a two line like a Scyther pre evo, or a Jynx evolution. I want this to be real, it gives me hope for a Jynx evo.
I think the best would be to make third evolution to pokemon like Persian, Marowak, Arbok, Sandslash, or Dugtrio some of these could look really cool
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
The_Consumer

Lots of pre-evolutions and evolutions of Generation 5 Pokemon seems good. I want to see a Dunsparce and Qwilfish evolution too!
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
PoisonEmeralds
Rookie ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Speculate on new evolutions and pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon. Do you think we will get any this time around, or will they do a repeat of B/W and start fresh again? Which Pokémon do you think will get them? What will they look like?

Discuss!
I think they will leave old pokemon and start a fresh. It would be cool to see new evolutions though I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

I count it as a legendary too because it's an interactive pokemon and quite overpowered XD

Last edited by PoisonEmeralds; January 28th, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Yeah I read that. I hope that's kind of true given there's a few two-line evolutions and it'd be interesting to see what can come from Unova, BUT again I don't think most of Unova really needs evolutions/pre-evolutions yet - so in a few generations? For now there will probably be just a few, so I'm kind of doubting it (unless there's like 10 in total). :x
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Guy
just a guy

If that rumor is true, then I only hope it's half true. I think it would be too soon to put a majority of the focus for new pre-evolutions / evolutions on the Unova Pokémon. Some, sure. But most of them? I'd rather they wait another generation or two. There are still quite a few Pokémon from Gen I-III and some in Gen IV that need more attention in my opinion.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
You know what? I'd like to see more pokemon that can be classified as 'fake items'. O: If you guys remember pokemon that were 'fake items', in some indoor areas, some item balls were Voltorb or Electrode, in which case interacting with them will instead initiate a battle with said Pokémon. In Generation V, in forested areas some item balls were Foongus or Amoonguss.

Maybe there can be some pokemon that are shaped like pokemon potions or even money~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
You know what? I'd like to see more pokemon that can be classified as 'fake items'. O: If you guys remember pokemon that were 'fake items', in some indoor areas, some item balls were Voltorb or Electrode, in which case interacting with them will instead initiate a battle with said Pokémon. In Generation V, in forested areas some item balls were Foongus or Amoonguss.

Maybe there can be some pokemon that are shaped like pokemon potions or even money~!
I'd actually like to see another Pokémon like this again too. It always makes it more fun when you see an item and think it's an item, but really it's just a Pokémon hidden as an item.

Did you all get that?

Since you mentioned it, I was thinking a Pokémon that is similar to berries. Not like how Foongus and Amoonguss are mushrooms, but a Pokémon more like Cherubi and Cherrim that could be mistaken as an item/berry.

Actually, this would work out really well if we had soil to plant / find berries in a la RSE, and sometimes when we go to pick a berry it ends up being that Pokémon instead.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Do want. Do want. Do want!

Please! Please! Please! Please!

Dragon Eevee FTW!
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Forever
let it go

If there has to be a dragon Eevee, make it at least more... appealing and not an ugly green colour. ;( Green just isn't suited to Eevee like that!
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
If there has to be a dragon Eevee, make it at least more... appealing and not an ugly green colour. ;( Green just isn't suited to Eevee like that!
But its all Shendu like D= How can you not like it?!
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Forever
let it go

The design is okay just the colouring is... ya no. I'd much rather something more majestically-coloured honestly. XD;
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Community Supporter

I think the color is fine for a dragon type. Though thus far the eeveelutions have been the colors of the Rainbow red-Flareon, Yellow- Jolteon,Green- Leafeon,Blue- Glaceon, "Indigo (well darker blue)"- Vaporeon, and Violet/Purple- Espeon. Umbreon is the only exception being Black though Dark is one of the none original types so it being outside makes it seem special. So perhaps the Dragon eeveelution will be Orange instead.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I think the color is fine for a dragon type. Though thus far the eeveelutions have been the colors of the Rainbow red-Flareon, Yellow- Jolteon,Green- Leafeon,Blue- Glaceon, "Indigo (well darker blue)"- Vaporeon, and Violet/Purple- Espeon. Umbreon is the only exception being Black though Dark is one of the none original types so it being outside makes it seem special. So perhaps the Dragon eeveelution will be Orange instead.
From what the short movie poster of Pikachu and Eevee Friends, the last Katakana character in the title kind of hints towards a new evolution of Eevee. And that last character doesn't look like it's orange, it looks more like a grey with two stars at the top.

So what it could mean... is it could be a grey Dragon-type... or it could a totally new type alltogether if they introduce a new type for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Either way, it would be really nice to see a new Eeveelution.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Grey...maybe it's a steel eeveelution instead. Possible names Steeon, Oreon ( ore and eon, plus it sounds a bit like Orion the constellation to
me so that may explain the stars), Silveon, Plateon.
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Grey...maybe it's a steel eeveelution instead. Possible names Steeon, Oreon ( ore and eon, plus it sounds a bit like Orion the constellation to
me so that may explain the stars), Silveon, Plateon.
What about Metaleon? I know this has crossed the internet before. If they named Eevee's steel-type Oreon though, the urge to nickname it Oreo would be far too great. Haha

By the way, how many of you have seen this? Words can't describe how much I want this to happen.

Spoiler:
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
From what the short movie poster of Pikachu and Eevee Friends, the last Katakana character in the title kind of hints towards a new evolution of Eevee. And that last character doesn't look like it's orange, it looks more like a grey with two stars at the top.

So what it could mean... is it could be a grey Dragon-type... or it could a totally new type alltogether if they introduce a new type for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Either way, it would be really nice to see a new Eeveelution.
Its actually a dark lilac color, so its a very light version of purple. Other than that, there are many people who debunked that rumor with the lettering.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:08 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
If there are any new eeveelutions coming in gen 6, I'm pretty sure they'll be revealed in February, as they've been hyped for half a year now in several ways.

Recently two eeveelutions were featured in every pokemon smash... for next Sunday they have Vaporeon and Espeon left. If there were gonna be 2 more, they could easily reveal them the show after that lol.

I personally hope there aren't any. Eevee has had enough. They should make a new "eevee" instead. Or at least buff all eeveelutions to usefulness -___-
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post

"Hacoiny, the Money Pokémon. This Pokémon is easily mistaken for money dropped on the ground, and has caused many a Trainer to enter into an unwanted battle after an attempt to pick it up."

(Name completely made up.)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 30th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Community Supporter

GF seems to have a thing for eevee like Bill does so I imagine it will at least get something...

I too want a Lapras evo and preevo. It'll make it more useful .
Also I don't know why but I feel as if Pinsir might be getting an evolution... Bug/Steel with giant pinsers so hard they no longer have to worry about that foe that won't be cut in half as they'll be able to cut steel. Or at least that's my vision or Pinsir's evo.
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

I don't think that rumour is true, Pokejungle posted a lot of rumours and almost all of them were confirmed false. When gen V was announced, I read that there would be a Tauros evolution, but instead whe got no evo's.

But they should leave Gen I as it is because it is there are enough new evo's made for them and it is just too old. They should focus on Gen IV and V Pokémon.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
I don't think that rumour is true, Pokejungle posted a lot of rumours and almost all of them were confirmed false. When gen V was announced, I read that there would be a Tauros evolution, but instead whe got no evo's.

But they should leave Gen I as it is because it is there are enough new evo's made for them and it is just too old. They should focus on Gen IV and V Pokémon.
And III. Not very many gen III pokemon have gotten evolutions except for Roselia, Nosepass,Dusklops and two branch evolutions for Snorunt, and Ralts based on their sex. Electrike could use a final form, if it were to have high special attack combined with lightning rod (if it keeps it) it'll be a power to fear imo.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
cole_nasty
Unhatched Egg

Pre-evolutions: Tauros/Miltank, Lapras, Kangaskhan, Audino, Tropius
Evolutions: Corsola, Delibird, Audino, Spinda, Pinsir
Link: Luvdisc/Alomomola
Eeveelutions: Ghost, Normal, Steel, Bug, Poison
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here