The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Accordion to people who've escaped the country the North Korean military routinely raides villages for food and cooking fuel.

If the government can't even properly feed the people that they are dependent upon for their autocratic rule than there's no way they'd be able to actually sustain a war á la Korean War of the 1950s. At this point, despite some nasty rhetoric, China is solidly a member of the international economy and the Communist party is fully aware that war on the Korean peninsula/an attack on the United STates would be disastrous for both the Chinese economy and their positions of power. If North Korea were to attack the west coast of the United States the Chinese government would step in and (probably) occupy the country to prevent war with South Korea (more economically and politically advantageous than North Korea at this point).

Don't worry about the DPRK. The supermajority of the people live in medieval conditions and the military uses 60+ year old equipment.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Oh damn, I gotta reserve my spot in a vault now.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

This might be what the world needs, actually, with regard to the recession especially. Not a nuclear war of course, just some kind of agitated competition; it is literally the sort of thing that puts men on the Moon. That aformentioned feat is ultimately of secondary importance however — the lesson is that war has a way of inducing technological progress, in recent centuries, and apparently of inspiring whole generations of inventors and scientists... and if we have no other cause for this beside the threat of our deaths, as it were, then so be it, I suppose. I would say that the value of such problems occuring to a society is something that should be respected and understood, but if it were, we wouldn't have need of them.

This all said, the power disparity between North Korea and the United States is far too great for actual 'competition'... unfortunate, perhaps.

Last edited by Cassino; January 29th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Thereaperofdeath19
The Rookie

Nature: Relaxed
All I can say is this war war never changes but men do on to the main topic NK and America hmm I think it is unwise to overlook it NK may not be buffing about this nuke and since some Americans are idiotic to see that NK makes out that they poor but of course if they start a war they are gonna be morqns and sent a lot of men to die for a reason that's dumb sigh why must some Americans be arrogant about this btw I am NOT saying every American US dumb please read before you reply foolish things anyway that is my opinion
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links