The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Forever
let it go

I swear they were earlier in B/W times, though, like much earlier on in the day but a lot has changed since then probably. I do hope we end up with them though and they're just not SKIPPED :(
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I swear they were earlier in B/W times, though, like much earlier on in the day but a lot has changed since then probably. I do hope we end up with them though and they're just not SKIPPED :(
Scans from CoroCoro were uploaded pretty quickly for HG/SS as well. However, I remember there was that period when legal disputes and scares started up during the time before Black and White's release. In wanting to avoid that again, it's likely the uploaders are just waiting for the day of the 15th, when CoroCoro is officially released, before leaking any of its content online days before.

I'm not expecting much to be revealed for this month's issue though. It's already the 16th there, and if there was anything new, it might have been shown already. It was only last week X and Y were announced after all, and those behind CoroCoro may not have had much information other than what we already know. I expect we'll get to know some more in February's issue at least compared to this month given that more time will have passed.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I doubt they'd be skipped, even issues containing the tiniest bit of Pokemon news gets scanned and uploaded, it is likely they just want to avoid legal complications as others have mentioned.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Well yeah, it was the 15th over 24 hours ago, which is strange that nothing still is out yet so legally there's nothing they could get in trouble for at ALLA. I think with the potential six pages of content though, there has to be at least something interesting, like screenshots of the region even. The fact that there's nothing yet is still making me curious as to why there isn't, because even if scans reveal no new information they're still shown because of "just in case" or just so people can actually see even if it adds nothing really.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

For all we know they actually could be online now, and just haven't found their way over to English-speaking corners of the internet.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've heard that it was ~technically~ out for some time ago, even before the 15th, but.. yeah, I guess due to legal issues, the leak scans couldn't make their way out to the public.

Not sure if that's true, but, eh.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
For all we know they actually could be online now, and just haven't found their way over to English-speaking corners of the internet.
Well I've been Googling all sorts of related terms and thus far have nothing, or maybe I'm not really trying hard enough idk.

hey we're at the top of the search results!
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I've heard that it was ~technically~ out for some time ago, even before the 15th, but.. yeah, I guess due to legal issues, the leak scans couldn't make their way out to the public.

Not sure if that's true, but, eh.
There are some who get their hands on CoroCoro a few days before. That's how we got the scans for Xerneas and Yveltal's artwork late last week and why many expect to see scans from CoroCoro around the 11th or 12th of the month when they would sometimes leak early. Whoever leaked it, however, had this month's CoroCoro early, but they never bothered to show what was on pages 76-79, since Page 74 and 75 had minor information about Xerneas and Yveltal, and page 80 was on the upcoming new movie.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I doubt there's anything else other than what we already know, surely we could have heard or seen of something by now?

Old January 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I doubt there's anything else other than what we already know, surely we could have heard or seen of something by now?
This is what I believe. I could be wrong, but I do think that on the scans of the missing pages it might have some details on the starters, because it was just yesterday during the time of which it was already the 15th in Japan that the official site had released that small tidbit of information on their types.

Still, if there was anything majorly new on there that we don't already know, I'm sure someone would have put it up on the internet by now, and the mass amount of interenet savvy Pokémon fans would have already picked up on it. Like silhouettes of some of the new common type Pokémon we might find for example. I'm sure if something like that was there as a teaser to next month's issue, it would have been put up on the internet by now.
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Most of these ”scans” are pictures. You can see the flash. Just a pet peeve.

Still waiting on those missing pages...
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
It's been...quite a long time since we heard from CoroCoro. Even if they didn't reveal anything, I'd still like to know that they didn't reveal anything. Does anyone have an update?
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM
-Neji-
Something Different

I've been waiting for the CoroCoro release as well, so I got impatient and searched around and found this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...1837/732654810

So now we have dates, instead of just waiting everyday and hoping.

Good Times ...
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Neji- View Post
I've been waiting for the CoroCoro release as well, so I got impatient and searched around and found this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...1837/732654810

So now we have dates, instead of just waiting everyday and hoping.
Well most of us already knew that, as it's always been the 15th (even back in B/W days!), it's just that leaks come around 12th, and given we didn't receive anything this 15th we found it really strange that there wasn't anything more. :(
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well, I'd actually assume that probably CoroCoro is no longer receiving information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that hasn't been revealed in English until the official Pokémon websites have announced about it. Knowing that the last CoroCoro had revealed Xerneas and Yveltal after the English Pokémon website had revealed them, but the only new thing that CoroCoro had revealed... was it's sizes, then the English Pokémon website added in the sizes at the same time the scans came out.

Probably the next one, which will be on February 15th... would reveal the Legendary Pokémon's types maybe. But then again... they might not reveal anything new. We'll just have to wait and see.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
The next issue will probably have new infomation on X and Y but by then which will be 15th, we will have probably received the news a few days prior to the site via the website.

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Guy
just a guy

Other than finding out the typing of Xerneas and Yveltal, I'm guessing February's CoroCoro issue might also give us the male and female protagonist artwork.

There's also a chance that should there actually be a new Eeveelution on its way, then it's likely that might be revealed as well. This way they can amp up the hype for the games as well as the upcoming movie and Pikachu short showcasing Eevee and all of its evolutions.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I don't think they'll show the eeveelutions if there are any new ones this soon, maybe in the June issue.
Yay, I'll have news before my birthday (July 15, same as the July/August issue) as it leaks three days early . Hope they have something good for the next eight or nine issues.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Seeing as how the games are going to have a world-wide release on the same day(s), I suspect we'll only get new pokemon and artwork, but no real details on the plot of the game

All I want to see are:
A) Music
B) Red, as he's appeared in every Pokemon Generation so far
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I bet dollars to dugtrios that the rival(s) might be revealed in the next issue too - his/her artwork. Maybe there can be more brief screens of the new gym leaders too, along with possible new pokemon, like as mentioned, Eeveelutions.

It'd be nice if they revealed the new professor as well.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:51 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I'm hoping for the starter evolutions to be revealed.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

CoroCoro should be leaking anytime now. But this has already been said a few days ago, am I right? I'm getting this feeling that there won't be anything new revealed about Pokémon X and Y this time, I don't know why... but it just feels like that to me. :x

Anyways, I'd still be looking forward to seeing what they do actually reveal in the February issue of CoroCoro. Who knows? They might even reveal more information about the Pikachu and Eevee Friends short film.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They usually don't post it as an official confirmation until the 15th anyway. As for me, it seems to match the B2W2 Protag artwork a bit as well. So honestly, I can't tell. The set up is really well done and matches other CoroCoros better than the last three fakes I've seen and shows a different screenshot rather than copy pasting the screenshots from the original trailers.

We basically have 4 days to find out and it is about time for the Leak.

As I mentioned in the Legendary thread, I don't mind Yveltal being Dark/Dragon. Doesn't look like a Dragon at all, but I don't mind it. Also they don't have to be Flying type to fly. Look at Garchomp, Beedrill, and Hydreigon.
Garchomp flies?

True it could have levitate like Hydreigon...which would make it a better Hydreigon if it has a good stat distribution and as good a move pool as it...
The pokemon seem odd though, a different style from the rest.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Also they don't have to be Flying type to fly. Look at Garchomp, Beedrill, and Hydreigon.
Garchomp can...fly?

I...I...
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Its a land shark jet, of course it can fly!

Sponsored Links