The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
BlueShellBeast
Rodent User

Nature: Relaxed
Just one more challenge in the fast growing pile...

Username: BlueShellBeast
Game: Heart Gold
0/8 in the Red Low Level Challenge(Ultimate Challenge: JP Red -> JP Silver -> Emerald -> Diamond -> Black 2)
2/17 in the Heart Gold Gender Discrimination Challenge (Male)
2/8 in the Sapphire Yellow Monocolor Challenge (Ultimate Challenge: Blue-> Silver -> Sapphire ->Diamond -> Black 2)

Old January 24th, 2013, 09:41 AM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
Richards Log

1/21/2013

After waking up, very, very late (it was night time), I head over to Sprout Tower where I capture a level 3 Rattata, that I nickname Arty. After I heal up, I head up to Route 31, where I train Arty to level 9, and in the process I captured a level 3 Hoothoot, which I didn't nickname, and I boxed immediately. I took on the Sprout Tower trainers, making it all the way to the Elder. I saw Brycen there, but I didn't get into a battle with him. I beat the Elder, and recieved TM 70, Flash.

I head back to Route 31 to train Chomper. I get him up to level 14, before deciding to take on the Gym. I manage to solo the entire gym with Totodile and in one go. When I leave the Gym, I recieve a call from Prof. Elm, to go meet Bob in the Pokémart and take the egg from him, joy, what I've always wanted to have a flipping egg. Since the professor wants the egg hatched, I walk around with it and decide what to with it.

I head down to the Ruins and explore a little, I solve the puzzle of a Kabuto, and fall down in to the ruins. Some scientist name Jason gives me something called the Unown Report, and as I'm trying to leave the ruins I run into an Unown. It is a weird looking creature, I do not want, so I run from the battle. I head down to Route 32, and battle some trainers, and head through Union Cave. When I exit from the cave, I notice some bully blocking a well, and being a jerk to a local. He claims to be a Team Rocket Grunt, but everyone knows they were disbanded three years ago. Eh, oh well. Not my problem. The guy is obviously delusion, I really don't need to see the well. When I head to town, someone mentions Kurt the ball maker to me. I think I'll visit him tomorrow.

Team: Totodile Rattata

1/24/2013 - 1/27/2013

Today I walked around Azela Town, and noticed that the Slowpoke weren't anywhere to be seen. Weird, people keep saying that they went missing what is going on here? Anyways, on to the Gym! And what do you know, some jerk in an outfit just like the jerk at the well is blocking my way into the gym, saying something about SlowpokeTail being delicious. No thanks, I have no desire to eat any kind of tail, (Pokétail or not).

Well, hopefully Kurt will give me some Balls. Thankfully, Kurt is home, yes! When I talk about how Team Rocket is up to no good in Slowpoke Well, supposedly selling SlowpokeTails that they cut off. Well, I've seen a guy selling SlowpokeTails, but he wasn't dressed up like Team Rocket. And I've seen two members of Team Rocket hanging around town. It could be true, but I doubt. Kurt says he's off to save the Slowpoke. Oh dear god, I better go off to help him. I have no clue how good a trainer he is, and something could go horribly wrong.

When I get to the well, no sign of anyone Kurt or that annoying guy in the weird outfit. When I go down the well, I find Kurt fell down and hurt his back. He assures me, he'll be fine in a bit, but to teach Team Rocket a lesson for him. As I go farther into the well, I notice more people dressed up like they're in Team Rocket. I battle 3 Grunts, and an Executive who confirms Team Rocket is back. During the battles, Chomper evolves into a Croconow, and further grows to level 20. Kurt tells me his back is feeling better, and since the Slowpoke have been saved, we can go back to his house.

Once there, Kurt tells me he'll make me Balls from Apricorns. Yeah! Going outside, I notice the Gym is free to go into again. Yes. It's easy for me to battle these weak bug types. So I make it to the leader with little trouble. Chomper is now lv. 21, and he knows Ice Fang, so awesome. Bitsy goes down with little trouble for me just need to heal twice because of his Scyther.

Now to go to Ilex Forrest. On my there, Brycen stops me to harass me, but I beat his butt easily. Including his Bayleef in two hits with Ice Fang. He calls me weak, which is funny since I beat him easily. Into the forrest we go after healing up. Some dude lost his masters Farfetch'd and asks me to find them. I easily do it, and I'm rewarded HM01. I teach it to Arty. We get through to the other side of the forrest, where I find a guy to teach one of my Pokémon Headbutt, but I don't know who to teach it to so I walk away. Farther up, I find some women with a pale face. She's lost, and can't find her way out of a fairliy straight forward path. Chomper leads her to the exit, and we leave to.

On Route 34, I see Lyra and meet her grandparents, who run the daycare there. They embarrass her like only grandparents can. I get her number, which she makes a big deal about it being no big deal, and her grandparents number.

I finally get to Goldenrod City. First thing I do is head to the Game Corner and play Voltorb Flip for a while. By the time I stop, I've gotten 2,300 coins. I head over to the Coin Exchange where I get an Abra, and a Dratini. I head back to the Likeminded Center to stay the night.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Chomper - Croconow
Lv. 21
Ice Fang
Bite
Water Gun
Rage

Arty - Rattata
Lv. 11
Bite
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Focus Attack

Abra
Teleport

Dratini
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage

Last edited by PikachuAddict; January 28th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Updates are so delicious. Did minimum grinding. Beat a gym but because Claire is a sore loser, I don't have the badge. Hunting for a female Marill cause I ain't about teaching Whirlpool to Lapras. But it's a 1% find and I'm bored.

Player: Alli
Game: SoulSilver
Badges: 7 but technically 8 because Claire sucks

Megan / Meganium (f) lv. 39 @ Miracle Seed
Petal Dance, Body Slam, PoisonPowder, Magical Leaf

Klare / Ninetales (f) lv. 39
Flamethrower, Wil-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Headbutt

Anice / Jolteon (f) lv. 40
Thundershock, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball

Berta / Miltank (f) lv. 39
Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Surf, Rollout

Layla / Lapras (f) lv. 39
Ice Beam, Surf, Ice Shard, Body Slam

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:24 PM
xRice
LAB 126

sound fun can i join?
username: xRice
Game: Soul Silver

[/sig-reason]
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
TheAuraGuardian
Unhatched Egg

Username - TheAuraGuardian
Game - HeartGold
Gender - Male
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Jak
baby smod

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female

Megan ♀ lv. 44 @ Miracle Seed
[ Petal Dance, Cut, PoisonPowder, Magical Leaf ]

Klare ♀ lv. 45
[ Flamethrower, Wil-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Headbutt ]

Anice ♀ lv. 45 @ Magnet
[ Thunder Fang, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball ]

Berta ♀ lv. 45
[ Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Surf, Earthquake ]

Layla ♀ lv. 46 @Nevermeltice
[ Ice Beam, Surf, Ice Shard, Body Slam ]

We beat the Kimono Girls, went under the sea to catch a Lugia, and took our first steps into Kanto! After getting through a ton of trainers, we made our way through the trainer-less Victory Road, but not without a final battle with our rival Xandr. We grinded up a few levels, and surprisingly took down the Elite Four with ease, even the Champion Lance! Now we're going to be trading in one last female party member...and dominating the Kanto region!

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
BlueShellBeast
Rodent User

Pokemon Heart Gold (Male) Update #1
Current Badges:

Slowly but surely, I'm working on this. (I swear...) I started the game, chose my starter, and then got a move on, catching my bros and destroying Rattata along the way. Oh, and dealing with a GIR who keeps on bothering me. Ah well, just because I can't hit a GIR doesn't mean that my buddies can't. We've already beaten GIR two times now, along with some Bellsprout Lovers, Falkner, and some bug lover named Bugsy. From what I've heard, there's some neat forest to explore up ahead that contains some sort of shrine. How boring! The thought of having to pay my respects to some mysterious force makes me want to cut down some trees.

My Bros:

Linoone the Relaxed Quilava
Level 18 (Ability Blaze)
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Smoke Screen
-Ember

Brave the Modest Spearow
Level 14 (Ability Keen Eye)
Moveset:
-Peck
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Justice the Hardy Spinarak
Level 11 (Ability Swarm)
Moveset:
-
Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Scary Face
-Constrict

Carlos the Quiet Magikarp
Level 11 (Ability Swift Swim)
Moveset:
-Splash

Wisdom the Admant Hoothoot

Level 9 (Ability Keen Eye)
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Peck
-Foresight
-Hypnosis

Honor the Lonely Gastly
Level 5 (Ability Levitate)
Moveset:
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-Spite

0/8 in the Red Low Level Challenge(Ultimate Challenge: JP Red -> JP Silver -> Emerald -> Diamond -> Black 2)
2/17 in the Heart Gold Gender Discrimination Challenge (Male)
2/8 in the Sapphire Yellow Monocolor Challenge (Ultimate Challenge: Blue-> Silver -> Sapphire ->Diamond -> Black 2)

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
Jak
baby smod

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female

Megan ♀ lv. 52 @ Miracle Seed

Klare ♀ lv. 52 @ Leftovers

Anice ♀ lv. 52 @ Choice Scarf
[ Thunderbolt, Double Kick, Headbutt, Shadow Ball ]

Berta ♀ lv. 52 @ King's Rock

Layla ♀ lv. 52 @Nevermeltice
[ Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic ]

Raeanne ♀ lv. 52 @ Amulet Coin
[ Mist Ball, Waterfall, Fly, Dragon Pulse ]

Traded in my final party member from HeartGold! Raeanne the Latias! Now I have a flier on the team, which is much better than Pidgey. I easily caught her up to the rest of the team at level 45. Then we went to Kanto and traveled the whole region, excluding gym battles. Gained a ton of levels in doing so, as you can tell. Now that there are no trainers left, except the ones in the gym, it's time to take them out. I was going to go in order, but since Janine is the lowest leveled leader, I went ahead and beat her first. Everyone else will be taken down in order though, and hopefully I can get in some trainer rematches during the times I'm taking them down. A little extra exp never hurt!

Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Syddy I'm sorry. My file was deleted sometime back before B2W2 release...so I'll have to restart my game later. TTwTT I lost my Pink Crobat I so sad. But I will attempt this challenge again.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Jak
baby smod

March 3, 2013
Spoiler:

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female

Megan ♀ lv. 54 @ Miracle Seed

Klare ♀ lv. 54 @ Leftovers

Anice ♀ lv. 55 @ Choice Scarf

Berta ♀ lv. 54 @ King's Rock

Layla ♀ lv. 54 @Nevermeltice

Raeanne ♀ lv. 54 @ Amulet Coin

We beat all the Kanto gym leaders, except for Blue. Now we're grinding in Seafoam Island and will probably grind elsewhere before fighting Blue.

March 7, 2013:

Lass Alli
SoulSilver (Jap)
Female

Megan ♀ lv. 64 @ Miracle Seed

Klare ♀ lv. 66 @ Leftovers

Anice ♀ lv. 66 @ Choice Scarf

Berta ♀ lv. 65 @ King's Rock

Layla ♀ lv. 56 @Nevermeltice

Raeanne ♀ lv. 66 @ Amulet Coin

We grinded forever, rematched the gym leaders, rematched the Elite Four, and beat Red with only Layla left standing. I think she deserves a round of applause. Challenge complete!

Last edited by Jak; March 7th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Nature: Lonely
Imma join: username: chaoticlapras game: heartgold gender: male (changed, couldn't get female starter)

Update 1: Started, chose female. SRed looking for a female cyndaquil for 30 mins. Gave up, restarted, chose mail. Got male cyndaquil. Went to cherrygrove, lvled to lvl 6. Went to mr pokemon, recieved pokedex and egg. Got call from prof elm. lvled to 7. Thrashed passerby boy.lvled to 8. went to elm lab. named rival noob. Saved.

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index....chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...

Last edited by chaoticlapras; March 7th, 2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: update
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Jak
baby smod

Hey guys! I've finally changed the rules to allow for more than just HGSS in this challenge, however RBY will not be available for play because of the lack of genders, and that wouldn't be fair to other players. I've also updated the HM slave rule, since I overlooked that some Pokemon have low encounter rates and/or lopsided gender ratios, so from now on, HM slaves can be whatever you want, as long as they're not used in battle. The legendary rule has been fixed also, to allow for one legendary instead of waiting till after the champion.

But oh well, you can read all that in the first post if you want. :) Anyway, I hope that will help bump this thread's activity, as it really is a fun challenge. Have fun!

Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Since this now opened to games other than HGSS:

Username: Luigi-San
Game: Ruby

(BTW, you forgot about FRLG )

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Jak
baby smod

I did? Makes sense. Not a huge fan of them. XD But yes, I will add that. Thanks for catching it!

Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cardinal

Umm, Sydian, on the Female list you have Vullaby/Braviary, when it should be Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

Username: Cardinal
Game: Pearl
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Jak
baby smod

Thanks for that! Can you tell I was rushing through it? lol If anyone catches anything else I missed, just VM me since I'll see it much quicker. :)

Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Cardinal

Update 1:

-Picked a Male by accident and didn't notice until I SRed for 2 hours to get a female Piplup, is it okay or no?

-Got my Piplup and named her Tiara since the trident and stuff

EDIT:

-Got Charlotte the Starly.

-Adamant Nature YUS!

-Grinding

Last edited by Cardinal; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Jak
baby smod

Quote:
-Picked a Male by accident and didn't notice until I SRed for 2 hours to get a female Piplup, is it okay or no?
You'll have to get rid of it, I'm afraid. :( If you really wanted to use one, you could trade in a Ditto and breed till you get a female Piplup to hatch though.

Old April 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Cardinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You'll have to get rid of it, I'm afraid. If you really wanted to use one, you could trade in a Ditto and breed till you get a female Piplup to hatch though.
I mean I picked like a male character not a male Piplup. Sorry about the confusion. So should I?
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Nature: Lonely
Uhm, am doing Wedlocke on my HG now, so cancelling this challenge I plan to run through it on an FR rom soon though....

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index....chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Jak
baby smod

Oh. I guess change your challenge to male? ;( then again, it's just the character, so just continue with everything else being female. Either is fine with me.

Old May 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Polymus1

Count Me In
Username: Polymus1
Trainer Name: Jordan
Game: Randomized Ruby
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Jak
baby smod

Gonna play this one again!

Username: Sydian
Game: Sapphire

This is what I plan on going with:

Last edited by Jak; June 27th, 2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: game swap
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:11 PM
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

And now, it's time for me to bring forth the return of my female persona. One other thing, though. I already finished SoulSilver before I lost my copy of the game. I only did the Battle Frontier as a fun little extra.

Username: KoboraX
Game: LeafGreen - Silver - Randomizer Sapphire - Platinum - White 2

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8

Last edited by KoboraX; June 22nd, 2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
Jak
baby smod

You can do an ultimate, if you'd like. Just edit in the rest of your games. Your SoulSilver playthrough previously can count as your Johto run, if you'd like.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links