The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:15 AM
swiswi18

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Hmm... it will probably have something to do with genetics or chromosomes for obvious reasons then again you never know.. somebody mentioned it possibly having a link with Mewtwo, that sounds cool ;) Either way I hope they don't resemble team galactic in any way I couldn't stand them -.-

•Proud Pokémon Supporter Since 1997

•Pokémon Y Friend Code: 0791-1469-0088
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Yeah, I'd rather have an old team return as opposed to yet ANOTHER new team...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I think the leader should be Professor Oak, because I call him Gramps and look at this acronym:

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The new Team should start with a "S". Imagine all this time that Professor Oak was actually the antagonist :O
But then again it is a stupid idea, what do you think?

Last edited by Gary0ak; January 13th, 2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Just realized there is a Villain Team speculation thread.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Okay, so this is my idea. It's completely far-fetched and has nothing to do with genetics, because I hope that GAME FREAK will be a bit more creative than that.
---
The villainous team is called Team Nova.
Their mission is similar to Team Plasma- to get Pokemon away from people - because, they say, Pokemon suck the life force of the human they are in the service of to power their attacks.
According to Team Nova, Pokemon are completely sentient and are plotting to destroy humanity. The relationship humans have had with them is a total lie. They have been planning to overtake humans ever since the first contact. Every time a Pokemon uses a technique, it siphons away the life force of everyone in the area, but mainly that of its Trainer, whose ownership of the Pokeball strengthens the connection between them.
Of course, this is all a lie.
This makes no sense at all to the scientists of the Pokeworld, and they try to discourage the people from believing Nova's rumors.
However, Team Nova is very skilled at hiding their true motives and making their ideas believable. They even succeed in convincing your character, and you go on a mission influenced by something they say at some point in the game. You, during this mission, discover their true aim: to confiscate all the Pokemon in the world in order to "eliminate" them and create a world without fighting. This is a good idea. If only they weren't trying to send all the Pokemon away. (Not kill them. Send them to the Distortion World or someting) In this world without fighting, Team Nova would be hailed as heroes who stopped the endless conflict which stemmed from the root of Pokemon. Children would be safe, walking from town to town would be without danger, and the world would make more sense in general. And the ruler of it all would be the couple who are the leaders of Team Nova.
One is a man named Adrien who was raised in Kanto, and is the son of Ltn. Surge. After seeing his father fight in the war, he wants to prevent fighting and he believes the best way to do this is to remove the "problem" of Pokemon. The other is Mars, one of the former Commanders of Team Galactic, who got lost when searching for her leader/awkward love interest, Cyrus, and ended up in Kanto, where she met Adrien. From watching Cyrus's speeches, she is skilled at...convincing people of things that aren't true. After some time they got married, and realized that their motives were similar and started a new team together.
Team Nova wants to use the powers of the X and Y pokemon whose names I cant remember to convince the Pokemon that humans are sucking THEIR life force. With X and Y under their control, Nova will be able to communicate with Pokemon telepathically like N does and spread their brainwashing to them.

---
And that's MY theory. You better not tl:dr me.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
Team Splice
haha, i'm all over XandY

if it's true that X and Y is all about DNA, then the villanous teams would probably use the illegal way of producing hybrid pokemons, via DNA splicing.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Perhaps they don't splice pokemon but instead just splice Pokémon, radiate meteors with viruses on them (Deoxys), clone (Mewtwo), and revive/modify fossils (Genesect)
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Perhaps they don't splice pokemon but instead just splice Pokémon, radiate meteors with viruses on them (Deoxys), clone (Mewtwo), and revive/modify fossils (Genesect)
the more of mewtwo/genesect case, but instead of adding enhancement to pokemon, they add another pokemon to the formula that creates hybrids.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa0603 View Post
Team Rocket.

They'll talk about how they've finally rebuilt their organization, and it is finally stronger than ever.

They're going to talk about Mew and Mewtwo and what they've learned from their past mistakes in Pokemon genetic manipulation. They're going to talk about how they've finally perfected the art of genetic manipulation and can't be stopped!

The legendary pokemon X and Y will come from genetic manipulation, created in the similar fashion that Mewtwo was?
This is my absolute dream. I love Team Rocket, and it has been my dream for them to have a monstrous comeback. I freaking adore Giovanni, he's my favourite syndicate leader and it's not even that close. It would be awesome to have that be the situation for X and Y. My aspiring dream would be a second attempt at cloning Mew, but I feel like if they were ever planning on doing that, they would have done it a long time ago.

Even just a small Team Rocket scenario would be nice for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary0ak View Post
I think the leader should be Professor Oak, because I call him Gramps and look at this acronym:

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The new Team should start with a "S". Imagine all this time that Professor Oak was actually the antagonist :O
But then again it is a stupid idea, what do you think?
I don't think it's stupid at all, I actually love the idea...

Last edited by Schwan; January 13th, 2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM
fffire24
Unhatched Egg

It'd be nice to finally have a female leader. They are pretty evil sometimes.

Another idea would be bringing back Team Rocket and adding something to fight Mewtwo. A mewthree fits with this chromosome/genetic theme as he was cloned.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm

This.

But no. If X and Y's theme is based on DNA or genetics, I have a feeling we will see a villainous team of scientists or something.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Community Supporter

How funny how the five teams fit the Gramps theory so well...
Maybe the team will be called Team Splicer and take the research Plasma did on the DNA Splicers and Genesect, as well as Glactic's...strange test tube experiments for their evil plan, what ever that maybe.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:39 PM
mabdo120
Unhatched Egg

How about a Darwin type organization, One that strives to create the strongest pokemon. One that makes Arceus look like a magikarp. OK get this lets say when Arceus created the world and pokemon he split them into two groups X and Y. Xerneas and Yveltal are like the Adam and eve of pokemon( not gender based) but are either descendants of either legendary pokemon. Now Team Darwin tries to create the perfect pokemon by getting both Xerneas and Yveltal's DNA to create the most powerful pokemon in the world.
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:16 AM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
I am hoping this game takes a more revolutionarily approach as france did have a revolution and i thought about the guillotine and the theme of death. I hope if death is mentioned properly (not a cemetary please!) it would have to do with the villains.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:58 PM
yossarian
Knight of Cydonia

I imagine the letter "Z" will be reserved for the title of the third Pokemon game that will inevitably be released a year after X and Y are so I can't envisage the villainous team being called Team Z.

Perhaps something like "Team Origin", which is related to the Cartesian Co-Ordinate System naming system utilised here and reflecting the centralisation of all the different paths.

I echo the general sentiments about changing up the ambitions of this team from the typical goals of capturing/acquiring/finding/exploiting etc etc the region's legendary pokemon to something different. What about developing a biological weapon to commit genocide against pokemon?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnX...eature=related
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Probably one having to do with the lives of Pokemon in modern times.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
I imagine the letter "Z" will be reserved for the title of the third Pokemon game that will inevitably be released a year after X and Y are so I can't envisage the villainous team being called Team Z.

Perhaps something like "Team Origin", which is related to the Cartesian Co-Ordinate System naming system utilised here and reflecting the centralisation of all the different paths.

I echo the general sentiments about changing up the ambitions of this team from the typical goals of capturing/acquiring/finding/exploiting etc etc the region's legendary pokemon to something different. What about developing a biological weapon to commit genocide against pokemon?
I don't think we'll have a Poke version of Hitler... which considering this region is based on france which was ruled by the Nazi's for a couple of years would be real bad...

I just thought of something, how about an organization who is more world wide in scope, I mean they have branches in other regions sort of like Team Rocket in the anime. Meaning that once we bet the game we could have other people coming in to get revenge and try to reconquer the region.
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
I don't think we'll have a Poke version of Hitler... which considering this region is based on france which was ruled by the Nazi's for a couple of years would be real bad...
Even if it wasn't ruled by Nazis that would still be a really terrible theme o_O I'm 100% sure GF wouldn't support anything along those lines at all because 1, it'd give a bad message to children, and 2, it's just inappropriate. Please just stick to world domination. :(
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:30 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Team Nova is a likely name.
The villians should reside in an abandoned town with a playground and zoo which get restored post-game. Playground into daycare, zoo into safari zone.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well, Hitler isn't the only person to ever commit genocide but even so, a team actively stating they want to KILL pokémon is clearly never going to happen. Perhaps they might want to rid the region of them or strip them of their powers or something (and an evil team who hated pokémon would be interesting after the last few gens) but I do presume we'll be sticking to the world domination theme.

Maybe we'll even see an evil team who wants to turn the region into a monarchy. Reverse French Revolution, kind of. Team Aristocrat.

After someone mentioned Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, I'd love to see the Distortion World play a part. Not that I have any idea how it would, but it feels like something that could be explored a tad more than it was in Platinum.

Old January 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Hmm. Maybe the team will be named team Space? Or Spacial? (as in vectors and dimensions) Nah. Would be stupid. I think they will be another forgettable ragtag team of misfits. (I have a personal grudge against galaxy) But if the discussion is about genetics then scientists. Wait. I have a crazy idea. What if the professors are united to solve the mysteries of pokemon. Then they would try to splice tge pokemon genes and dna to do so. Team Splicers! :D (Im throwing this at random) But think about it. Oak being the leader and each other professor would be a admin. Then the one to resist them would be someone like N... Or maybe professor Oak junior? Or even professor Ash?! (seriously throwing things at random) but yeah...i was wondering that isnt ash also a tree? Could be an coincident.

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Community Supporter

A team that starts with S...maybe Team Serpent if the legends are in deed based on Norse myth. Thus far the teams have gotten their names from the mascots typing except with Team Rocket...though Charzard is fire and can fly so perhaps it makes sense...Anyways once we find out the typing of the mascots perhaps we'll have a better guess.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
A team that starts with S...maybe Team Serpent if the legends are in deed based on Norse myth. Thus far the teams have gotten their names from the mascots typing except with Team Rocket...though Charzard is fire and can fly so perhaps it makes sense...Anyways once we find out the typing of the mascots perhaps we'll have a better guess.
Well if the speculation about a Light type is true, then Team Nova might be even more likely. Because a nova is a bright(Light) explosion in the empty blackness(Dark) of space.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I'd like to see something new and interesting, like an extremely corrupt government. There could be curfews for citizens, military police around every corner, and maybe bans on battles and limitations on Pokemon ownership. And then, in the midst of it all, you could be a member of a resistance group. Going with that idea, you would recieve your starter Pokemon from a stolen government package intercepted by said resistance group.

To make this even better, the government soldiers, who would serve as the "grunts" of the region, would have a wide variety of Pokemon as opposed to the usual Poison and Dark types that every single grunt ever owns. That would increase difficulty, and the concept of a corrupt government would make for a more interesting conflict than we've ever seen before.

Building off the idea, the government could have been given this extreme power due to the legendary Pokemon. Maybe the legendaries were awakened years ago, and went on a rampage, destroying towns and burning things. The government could have started off as a noble organization, taking control of the legendaries to protect the people from their wrath. While this protected the citizens of the region, maybe a corrupt leader went into power. This leader wouldn't be complete, utter "evil", but he could have taken the desire for order too far, maybe even using the legendary for his own purposes.

This idea could be really interesting, especially with the possibility of a different type of protagonist. Maybe the game could focus on the struggle between the government and the aforementioned resistance group. The protagonist could be a member of the resistance, and the "professor" of the region could be the leader of the resistance group.

Yeah, it would be amazing.

---

But knowing Game Freak, the team will be something like "Team Dark Evilness" or "Team We Hate Friendship". They will have the usual cliched goal of taking over the world by awakening the legendary. And you, the protagonist, will be a 10-year old who wants to be friends with everyone. Together with your team of Pokemon best friends, you and your best friend rival will fight against the purely evil team with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and defeat them, showing that friendship is as strong as 5,000 atomic bombs.

Life sucks.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
It would be really cool to have a female villianous leader.
Mars???

i think team X/Y would be fine. they should have N appear and get mad at them for doing his single letter thing! :D

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Community Supporter

That sounds sort of like what I imagine Ghetsis doing if he had won in Unova...
Also the teams do have redemption such as Aqua and Magma, and Plasma (well N and his sage and grunt allies).

Perhaps the evil team wouldn't want to control the legends at all like Team Rocket who didn't really care much about the legends (the game version of the group as the manga and anime very much want legends).
Though an evil government would be nice to see...maybe an evil resistance too (reminds me of a story I'm working on (original)) they could try to get the hero on their side...if only...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here