The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Matzeho1996

Advertise here
While I'm doing Nuzlockes Shiny Pokes can't die for me
But if course, when I was lucky enough to find one i critted it

There is a R/S Remake? Finally, but I don't wanna get spoiled about new things :D
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I was once playing from the beginning of Sapphire because I felt like it. I get to Petalburg City, I get to the gym, get Wally with me, and we go catch his Pokemon. The battle starts, and Wally sends out a shiny Zigzagoon.

I wanted to cry so hard.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
daigonite
"PLAAAY MY GAAAAME!!!1"
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Pokemon Diamond - Chain of 54 Abras.

Shiny.

Teleport.

djafldsjfadsjsdklfjsd
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
Shiny rabuta berry...I mean basculin
Wild basculin used final gambit!

What. WHAAAAAAAAA

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I found a shiny Shellos in Pearl and couldn't catch it because I had just used my last Poke Ball to catch a Buizel.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:24 PM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
I don't believe I have ever encountered a Shiny that wasn't meant to be there (i.e. Shiny Haxorus, Gyarados, etc), but over the semester break I tried chaining for the first time. I got some fairly long chains, mainly with Shinx or Stantler, but it always broke. Once my chain was broken by Azelf. Now that was annoying.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:11 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
Catching a shiny Tentacool... has to be one of the Pokemon I hate the most xP

Old January 31st, 2013, 05:58 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Shiny Tentacool...I had only one Great ball, tried tocatch the Tentacool with it, but it didn't work.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
dungeonmaster201

I have had three bad shiney experiences, the 1st was in gen 2 when the rival had a shiney totodile, and again in gen 3 with emerald with the ralts/ and the was a third, the man who teaches to catch a pokemon in the remakes of RBY was shiney.
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
LyokoGirl5000
Lyoko Princess

Nature: Careful
On Iron Island with the guy I'm supposed to help. His Pokemon knocked out a shiny Graveler. I was so mad!
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Mine was when I was in the Bug Catching Contest on HG, and found a Shiny Metapod, when I ran out of Park Balls and was called back...

White 2:
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

Worst shiny experience: My rival had a shiny Oshawott (Hugh) so I restarted my game. He then had another shiny Snivy this time. It was so annoying, why couldn't I get a shiny?!
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Geez, this thread is such a depressing read at times; I feel so bad for all of these Shiny Pokemon mishaps, as well as Trainers who have never even seen/encountered a Shiny Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmage View Post
The ONLY shiny pokemon I've ever seen in the wild is a Ralts. Do you want to know where? It was the one Wally caught in Emerald. You heard me. I had to fight a shiny Gardevoir the rest of the game. I wanted to cry when I saw that thing.
What's your worst experience with a shiny Pokemon?
Just for the record, I challenge anyone to come up with anything worse than what happened to me. Hahahaha.
Wow; that's so sad...I take it that you don't rebattle him, even for the experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
My worst shiny experience is when I met a shiny Stantler. I was RNG abused the two roamers Raikou and Entei. I'm about to RNG a Latios, then this shiny stantler comes up. Seriously, right after I caught my RNGed Raikou just to test if i get it right . I ended up catching both raikou and entei and could not rng my latios at all since if I want to RNG it, i need both raikou and entei.
Yikes. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
It was a shiny Hoothoot in Eterna Forest in Platinum, but I was with that girl with the Chansey so two wild Pokémon appeared at the same time. Stupid girl KOed the Pokémon I attacked, and my Pokémon attacked the Hoothoot instead, killing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyokoGirl5000 View Post
On Iron Island with the guy I'm supposed to help. His Pokemon knocked out a shiny Graveler. I was so mad!
I'm guessing you two are referring to Stat Trainers..? These guys seem to be ruining a lot of people's shiny Pokemon experiences... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan362 View Post
I wish I could remember the generation (I think it was II) or the Pokemon, but the first shiny I saw I didn't know what was going on. It was a weak Pokemon that I had already caught for my Pokedex. Since I didn't realize what a shiny Pokemon was...I just killed it and took the experience. You can imagine how I felt when I realized what a shiny was.
Aww D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
Pokemon Diamond - Chain of 54 Abras.

Shiny.

Teleport.

djafldsjfadsjsdklfjsd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Fork View Post
Shiny rabuta berry...I mean basculin
Wild basculin used final gambit!

What. WHAAAAAAAAA
I'm always worried about the day coming where I find a shiny Pokemon that has an easy way to flee or self-inflict the Faint status, most notably in the Safari Zone or something. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCrunch View Post
Worst shiny experience: My rival had a shiny Oshawott (Hugh) so I restarted my game. He then had another shiny Snivy this time. It was so annoying, why couldn't I get a shiny?!
:cer_laugh:

As for me, I'm grateful to have at least encountered multiple Shiny Pokemon, and catching my first one, at that. However, my worst shiny experience is probably losing every single shiny Pokemon I've owned, TWICE (or possibly even THRICE, since I've lost 2 cartidges and 1 save file). The first instance is when I lost my Sapphire cartridge, which contained my first Shiny Pokemon ever, a shiny Golbat (from Meteor Falls, IIRC). I lost a second Sapphire cartridge as well, but I can't remember whether any shiny Pokemon were there, too. I know for a fact that I've had a shiny Golbat on one of the two Sapphire cartridges, though.

The second (or maybe third) instance is when my Emerald save file got deleted (from what I can tell, this was purely due to the cartridge accidentally jiggling/joggling while I was saving right before a Secret Base battle; no cheating devices have been used on the Emerald cartridge). If memory serves correctly, I had a shiny Fearow (traded over from FireRed and a shiny Surskit (which I hatched in Emerald). Instead of recovering the previous save file, the game goes and tells me "The save file has been deleted due to corruption or damage.", at which point I basically cried. In my current Emerald save file, I have a Shiny Whismur from Desert Underpass (which is the only Shiny Pokemon I currently own/can prove the existence of, for now), so I guess that's something. :/

My other "worst Shiny experience" is encountering a foe Shiny Kingdra in Hoenn's Battle Tower, encountering a foe Shiny Ampharos in Hoenn's Battle Factory (which I owned for a while when I swapped for it ), and being offered a Shiny Charmeleon at the start of a Hoenn Battle Factory run (which I selected, of course). The reason these are bad Shiny experiences is because I can't outright own the Pokemon in question...the Battle Factory examples are probably worse, since I get teased with the Pokemon and can only own them for up to seven battles. XD T_T

Other than the above, I'm constantly paranoid of encountering a Shiny Pokemon (shiny starter Pokemon, Birch's foe Poochyena, Wally's Ralts, etc.) whenever I temporarily start a new game/save file. I grapple with the question of whether or not I would consider restarting my 900+-hour save file just for a shiny Pokemon (most likely, it would have to be 2 Shiny Pokemon, or a Shiny Pokemon I like more than Shiny Whismur). The stories I'm reading in this thread aren't helping matters any. XD
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

I remember playing Emerald, all I had to do was get Rayquaza. I saved my masterball for this moment so I didn't have to train and level up my pokemon for the occasion.

However...surfing my way to the island...a shiny level 10 Wingull popped up. All pokemons I had with me could crushed it in one hit so I had to use my masterball...on a useless level 10 pokemon with a lax nature all because of the color palette.

I was ungratefully unhappy that day...CURSES!!!

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
All right, I don't actually legitimately own any shiny pokes yet. Not counting the red gyarados, everyone has that. But I remember the time where I was in pearl (by far my LEAST favorite pokemon game) and the first battle was on.
Shiny Starly.
Start of the game.
No pokeballs.

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Another worst Shiny experience for me was when I was playing my brother's Diamond, and caught 3 shinies. Not kidding you know, 3 of them.

Unfortunately, one of them was a silly Unown. Yes, an Unown (U Form to be specific). I was happy it was Shiny, but I hate Unown in general.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old February 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

Nature: Quiet
I caught a shiny Wurmple, which evolved into Dustox in Diamond but my little brother deleted the save file and it was lost :c I caught it in a double battle in Eterna forest, I had to kill Chansey before it killed the Wurmple x3
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:45 AM
KingSquirtle
Unhatched Egg

Only ever met on shiny besides gyarados despite playing for years and years. Also a shiny ralts. But in platinum. Saw it beside... Hearthome? Yeah. I forget sinnoh's city names cuz quite frankly I don't know how to pronounce 80% of them xD (heart-home? Hearth-ome?) anyways back on topic. I had dialga at the front of my party and it was like a lvl 17 ralts. I switched to the only party member I had near its level, my lvl 18 bibarel, and freak teleported instantly. I completely forgot to expect this. So I was mad and sad as idk what (it was male and I didn't have a gallade yet not either a psychic or fighting type on my team so it would have been perfect) but no. Teleport. I'll never forget that moment. Also it counts as my best shiny experience xD
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
I've had pretty good luck with shinies. I've found and captured at least 1 shiny on each of my games. However, the saddest moment involving a shiny Pokémon was when I encountered a shiny Graveler in Pearl Version that used Explosion. It wasn't the first shiny I found on that game (my first was Gastly), but it was the first time ever that a shiny had slipped through my fingers. I wanted to cry! However, less than 10 minutes later, I found a shiny Machoke and caught it, so that made things a little better.

Next to that was a shiny Quagsire I found in Platinum's Great Marsh that fled. I love Quagsire and would've loved to have a purple one. ;_;

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Critical hit on a shiny Sealeo, then a bit later, encountered two Bronzors in Wayward cave: One shiny, the other not, I knocked out the non shiny, and then Mira ko'd the shiny bronzor... in one hit!

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:58 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
After reading a bunch of these posts I feel quite special for having caught all three shinies I've run into.

leaves thread
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
Worst shiny experience...
Well, I haven't run innto a whole lot of shiny's, but my third time running into one was awful.

In Emerald, I was fighting Registeel. Surprise surprise, it was shiny. I tried my hardest to catch it (you have no clue ><) but in the end, it struggled itself to death.
Ah.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:45 PM
heyo
HEYO!

Worst shiny experience? I have two; one happened to me and the other happened to my friend.

What happened to me actually started out as the best shiny experience ever. I started a new game on my Crystal version for fun, and ended up saving over my old file because the day care gave me an egg that hatched into a shiny Tyrogue. I managed to get that thing into a level 40 Hitmonchan, which was my best friend at the time. Then, one day, while I was playing it at a summer camp program, a kid took my Gameboy from me, released my Hitmonchan, and saved the game. I cried for two days.

What happened to my friend had me laughing for two days. One day, he was playing his Crystal version at my house, and managed to find and catch a shiny Krabby. He evolved it into a Kingler, and was really happy because it learned Guillotine. Then, my other friend threw a pillow at him. This pillow, which was tossed very lightly into his direction, had slightly hit his Gameboy in his hand. This caused the game to restart, and somehow delete his save file.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
RenegadeClyde
....'-'.

Nature: Bold
Shiny Wingull: I just started the game and picked my starter pokémon. I was on my way to find and battle may, and guess what I've found. Yep, no pokéballs. Trough I've found ANOTHER one later in the game and catched it.

Shiny Electrode: Awww yeah! I've found a shiny electrode! Let me find my pokéballs... "Electrode used SELFDESTRUCT!"...T-T.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
heyo
HEYO!

Actually, this just happened to me right now.

And I don't even have my Pokedex yet.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here