• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Andesite Version

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
How come it's snowing and the ground is covered in it but the houses/trees/mountains/etc. aren't? That's why you'll need to update the graphics some. And the text "It sure is cold, eh?" just hurts me. Of course it's cold IT'S ALWAYS COLD.

hasn't snowed enough yet? I dunno.No. I just haven't gotten rough to making, or finding and inserting updated tiles.

On your map there's two 5's. Is that intentional.
Otherwise, looks good so far, very unique to start in a snowy region

They're referring to this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

The Upper '5' is suppose to be 'S'
Pro paint skillz!

Taposa

;)
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
This looks nice, but I have one question - Will Maxi look like Oak in the finished game or will you add another sprite (with winter clothings.)
Maxi_zps4e3909c0.png

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
None of this was based on Avatar. I just like the series enough to have Korra as my Avatar (lol!)

I may plan to recolor the roof, but again it's not my top priority at the moment.

Lol, I don't blame you :) tiles are a pain in the arse.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This looks nice, but I have one question - Will Maxi look like Oak in the finished game or will you add another sprite (with winter clothings.)
Maxi_zps4e3909c0.png

Maxi and all other Important NPCs will have new sprites.
It's just when I get round to making them.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
This hack looks nice but I think you should make trees look snowy and houses too.
Well, I really love your new Overworld! Best of luck, I'm looking forward for more updates. ~

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This hack looks nice but I think you should make trees look snowy and houses too.
Well, I really love your new Overworld! Best of luck, I'm looking forward for more updates. ~

Your answer:

hasn't snowed enough yet? I dunno.No. I just haven't gotten rough to making, or finding and inserting updated tiles.

I may plan to recolor the roof, but again it's not my top priority at the moment.

Tiles may be subject to change

Snow tiles will be subject to change.

One more time! :3

Tiles are subject to change.

Ukog

Goku but Backwards
Years
I like your ideas, I look forward to trying this, when will the beta be available? Nice screenshots so far btw :)

Ukog

Goku but Backwards
Years
Seems pretty clean and well made, good job

Another thing tho, how are you going to keep the cities interesting after the first "Snow-like city", since you'll be having more snow cities right?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
There's only 4 snow towns.
It shan't be hard making them interesting and not plain and bland.
I can add new buildings, or frozen lakes, various random things.

I'll thing more to it at the time.

Catman

Testosterone Incarnate
Years
Needs mountains, and sand dunes, and white cliffs of dover!

Make the trees a couple shades darker for the snow region, they'll look more like trees from a wintery area.

And you are going to be doing that easter egg aren't you?

Back