Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Advertise here
What would you say is an object you own with the most sentimental value to you? Sentimental being memories or emotions related to that object.

Mine would have to be my baby blanket. Every time I am upset or want to go cry, I hug my baby blanket and cry. I attach this object to a lot of memories having to do with emotional events with my family. I couldn't bear to get rid of it.

You may or not be too sentimental, but we all know it just depends.

What's your most sentimental possession?

Last edited by Brynjolf; January 30th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm not all that of a sentimental person.
Besides, I can't remember enough positive stuff of my childhood to be sentimental over that.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; January 30th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:13 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I don't think I keep anything of sentimental value, if anything maybe my old Pikachu doll? But I don't play with it, actually them I have a lot xD, often :P xD
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:13 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Mine would be my bunny plush toy. I had it since I was 5 years old. Whenever I'm with it, I feel my childhood relive again. I actually sleep with it on my bed :C
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The only stuffed animal I kept from my childhood. 19 years old, and the only thing is a damn thing made out of cotton. Cheesy sure, but when we moved years ago its the one thing I had left.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful

Erm, the girl I like? My old toys? Lolz.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post

Erm, the girl I like? My old toys? Lolz.
If you read the first post, you'll get the gist of it.

I meant describe something (an object) you think has the most emotion tied into it.

Something like a teddy bear you've had for a long time, or a slingshot your dad gave you before he left (made that up) but you get the idea, right?
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
At the moment it's a Christmas card that my friend gave me. I used to have a few more sentimental things from my childhood (a necklace, a bracelet, a picture) but I gave them to someone who'd treasure them more.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I am overly sentimental. If someone of importance gives me something, I'll always have a hard time letting it go. I'm not a hoarder, but because of that, I'm a bit of a packrat. But I'm organized, haha. I'm also a bit materialistic, so that doesn't help.

Anyway, it'd be hard to place some objects over another, but I'll go through probably the most important things that I would be very upset to lose:

- My great grandfather's pocket watch. I wasn't around to meet him and my dad used to keep it in his car and he gave it to me one day. Sadly, the screw to actually open it fell out because I used to carry it everywhere with me (I got it when I was about 7 or 8 I think, so go figure) but I still have the whole watch.

- My great grandmother's coin purse. My maw maw used to keep it at her house and I would play with it all the time and she ended up giving it to me. It hold my coin collection in a special drawer I keep my prized possessions in. The watch is with it as well.

- My paw paw's stress ball. This is a weird one, I know. But last year when my paw paw's cancer was getting worse, he told my cousin he wanted some sort of ball to squish, so my cousin went to Walmart and got him two. One was really hard and the other was yellow and squishy. He tossed the hard one in the floor and kept the yellow one. I kept it with me all night on Father's Day last year, when he was making his turn for the worse. I kept it with me all day the next day, the day he passed away, and didn't let it go for anything. I kept it with me all during the funeral as well. I keep it next to an old picture of us on my dresser. lol I'm gonna cry. This was just last year so it's all still fresh...

- A Christmas ornament of me, my mom, and my dad. It was taken for my first Christmas and it's just nice to have a picture of me and my parents, as they're not together now and since then, I got a sister added in. I call those only child year the Golden Years. lol I also have the same picture framed, on my dresser by the picture of me and paw paw.

- My other great grandmother's ring. It has the August birthstone in it, and my birthday is also in August. Her birthday was the day after mine, and my paw paw wanted me to have some of her jewelry so I picked that, because of our close birthdays. She was hoping we'd have the same birthday as well, haha. I lost the other jewelry I picked out sadly. Makes me really mad because I know who lost it and it's not the only time something went missing because of them.

That's all I can think of for now.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Shucklulz
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Shucklulz
I have the usual stuff; stuffed toys from my childhood, t-shirts and other souvenirs from vacations to interesting places, and some other things like that.

I think the one with the most sentimental value is the stained glass I took from my childhood house's kitchen cabinets. My parents gave our house up to foreclosure and the stained glass is one of the very few things I have to remember the good years by.

nyoom | tumblr
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:01 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
It is not much though..

only an small viking knitted by gran who is from Norway called Hamish
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:14 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I got a few things, probably the number one being my karate black belt. It's a physical representation of my strength. I actually wasn't allowed to take my black belt grading at first because while I knew the grading material my Sensei told me that my body wasn't strong and durable enough to endure the grading. I needed to get stronger basically so I spent an extra year training and then took and passed my grading. So yeah I really do feel that my black belt is proof of my physical capabilities.

Well as you may or may not know, I no longer play Yu-Gi-Oh and I've given all of my competitive stuff to Renpuu and the rest of the commons have gone to one of those charity places. I decided to keep three copies of my favorite card of all time - Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord - as a memento to the days I spent playing the game.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
My most sentimental object is this small bolster made from scratch by my grandmother. When I was much younger, the old bolster I used to sleep with had gotten all limp and had lost almost all of its stuffing, so my grandmother made me a new one. It felt so soft and comfortable and it overflowed with my grandmother's love. It instantly became about the only thing I'd sleep with every night. Till this day, that bolster still lies on my bed, well kept and hugged. My grandmother is thankfully still alive, but when she does pass on, I'll always have that bolster to remind me of her love for me. *sniffs* :')

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here