• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have Rufflet for Flying so I don't really need a Fly slave. And personally I like Braviary more than Swanna. So once I get surf I'll probably teach it to Azumarill and then catch a Frillish at Virbank. (Pretty pointless I know, but I want to used something I've never used before.) Then I guess I'll train Krokorok some other time, though I really also want to keep him on my team cause Moxie is such an awesome ability. (Though I wish it could learn Surf though.)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok knowing how useful Moxie is (since my Krookodile and Scrafty in White both have it) then I guess I will keep him on my team and use Azumarill or Jellicent as a Surf-slave.

Years
Which one

So I need an early water type for BW2 team and I can't decide between azuril or psyduck. They are both pretty useless for a while in my opinion, but I need one for a few levels. So which one?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So I need an early water type for BW2 team and I can't decide between azuril or psyduck. They are both pretty useless for a while in my opinion, but I need one for a few levels. So which one?

I'd say Psyduck then. It can learn Water Gun at an earlier level, and it's Special Attack is better than Azurill and Marill, if you're aiming for more of an early game advantage. I wouldn't say Marill going towards Azumarill is a bad thing though - Azumarill can deal a ton of damage with Huge Power later on, although the problem is that it's a lot slower than Golduck.

AoE-Valcar

Whovian
Years
Team Help

I plan on replaying HG in possibly a few days. I beat it about 6 months ago but remember having a hard time with the team I had. I already have to pokemon in mind i definately want to keep and would like ideas for the other 4 pokemon i should get on my team (post move set if you want).

1.Typhlosion- Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Focus Blast
2.Crobat- Fly, Roost, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Bite(Crunch if crobat can learn it)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I plan on replaying HG in possibly a few days. I beat it about 6 months ago but remember having a hard time with the team I had. I already have to pokemon in mind i definately want to keep and would like ideas for the other 4 pokemon i should get on my team (post move set if you want).

1.Typhlosion- Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Focus Blast
2.Crobat- Fly, Roost, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Bite(Crunch if crobat can learn it)

Well, you got a fire and flying type so far...

How about a Water type? For example, Lapras is amazing in HG/SS, because it can help cover you against Clair and Lance. It can have this moveset:

Ice Beam / Surf / Thunder / Confuse Ray

You may also want to try a grass type, like Vileplume, Bellossom, since Fire + Water + Grass is a great type combo in-game!

To help cover your crobat, maybe you can try Ampharos? It can sponge electric attacks for your crobat, and Crobat can help dodge Ampharos's ground weakness. It can have this moveset:

Thunder / Power Gem / Signal Beam / Reflect

The 6th pokemon can be anything you want, really. Maybe a ghost type like Gengar, or a Psychic type like Alakazam for speed and Power. It's up to you.

Well, hope this helps.. :3

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Need suggestions on a move set

Hey guys im tryin to raise a strong milotic i was wondering if anyone had some usefull move sets they would like to share. All suggestions will be considered thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Hey guys im tryin to raise a strong milotic i was wondering if anyone had some usefull move sets they would like to share. All suggestions will be considered thanks
In-game or competitive or both?

I ask because it makes a difference. For instance, in competition (either against other people or in the Subway or the PWT), recovery moves are important. In-game though, they're just a waste of a moveslot.

Also, is this for BW or BW2? The move tutors in BW2 make a lot of moves possible that aren't possible in BW.

Years
Scald is a nice STAB move for Milotic, cos it has the chance of burning and that lowers a foe's Attack stat, which can help Milotic take physical hits a bit better.

Ice Beam is also handy for type coverage, especially against Grass and Dragon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
On my second playthrough of Black before I make a run to Black 2.

So team building questions for my current Black run and my future Black 2

Right now my team is: Lvl 25 Sawk, Lvl 23 Yamask, Lvl 23 Servine, Lvl 20 Panpour, Lvl 19 Patrat (Cut slave)

So to me the only ones I have my heart set on are my Sawk (Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Double Kick, Bide) and Yamask (Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Night Shade, Haze). I already kind of have my moved picked out for Yamask (probably going to finish with Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond).

As for the rest of the team I'm not sure they're who I want around moving forward, as I am just about to challenge Elesa when I'm done roaming Nimbasa. Any suggestions on a team to build for purely in game?

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
I need a few tips with my Pokemon White in-game team.

Hi! :) I'm planning on starting my Pokemon White all over again and at the moment I only have a structure for my team. I've been thinking of:

Emboar
Swoobat
Lilligant
Krookodile
Carracosta
Beartic

My only problem is none of them are easy to find near the start of the game except Emboar (well, of course, starter type? o_o) so it might be kind of hard-ish. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful.

Thank you in advance! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
On my second playthrough of Black before I make a run to Black 2.

So team building questions for my current Black run and my future Black 2

Right now my team is: Lvl 25 Sawk, Lvl 23 Yamask, Lvl 23 Servine, Lvl 20 Panpour, Lvl 19 Patrat (Cut slave)

So to me the only ones I have my heart set on are my Sawk (Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Double Kick, Bide) and Yamask (Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Night Shade, Haze). I already kind of have my moved picked out for Yamask (probably going to finish with Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond).

As for the rest of the team I'm not sure they're who I want around moving forward, as I am just about to challenge Elesa when I'm done roaming Nimbasa. Any suggestions on a team to build for purely in game?
Probably a bit late for this, unless you're somehow still roaming Nimbasa...

I'd say that, self-evidently, the first thing you need is something to handle Elesa's gym. Since it's an Electric gym, the obvious choice is a ground, and of those, the best options are Drilbur/Excadrill and Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile. Both are already available in your game, so catch whichever one you prefer. And whichever one it is, give it the best Rock attack it can learn, so it's got something to use against Elesa's Emolgas.

Then just take it from there. On the next route, see if you've got any shortcomings - any types that you can't handle effectively with the team you've got. If you do, that means you need something else - whatever CAN handle whatever it is that you're having problems with. The next gym will be Clay's Ground gym, so you'll need something to handle that - either a Grass or a Water. And so on...

Hi! :) I'm planning on starting my Pokemon White all over again and at the moment I only have a structure for my team. I've been thinking of:

Emboar
Swoobat
Lilligant
Krookodile
Carracosta
Beartic

My only problem is none of them are easy to find near the start of the game except Emboar (well, of course, starter type? o_o) so it might be kind of hard-ish. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful.

Thank you in advance! :)
I'd just use whatever's available and serves well enough until I got to whatever it is that I wanted to use. Pick up a Lillipup and/or a Patrat on Route 1, and so on, and just use them for as long as I need to. You'll get a Pansage at the Dreamyard, which'll do until you get to Pinwheel Forest and can catch a Petilil. Then at Wellspring Cave you can catch a Woobat, and you can catch a Drilbur in a dustcloud, and that'll be fine until you get to Route 4 and can catch a Sandile. For that matter, you can also catch a Roggenrola, which can serve until you get the Fossil to get a Tirtouga/Carracosta. And you catch Cubchoo exactly when you need to, on the way through Twist Mountain, so you've got enough time to train it and evolve it to a Beartic in time for the Dragon gym.

PokemonMasterMatt

Dragon Trainer
Years
Team suggestions for new play through

I have recently started a new game on Black 2 after completing it. I did OK but I am not up to scratch on my BW/B2W2 team building as much as my HGSS & DPPt.
In my last playthrough I had:
Samurott,Lucario,Hydreigon,
Excadrill,Magnezone and Terrakion.If you have any suggestions please say.I have not included move sets because I like to try and figure those out myself so just pokemon suggestions please :)

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I'd suggest ditching your starter ASAP for an extra slot in your team and more variety.

Yazzo

Bad Egg
Years
Which pokemon?

The reason I've posted this here is because Pokemon Light Platinum uses all the generations pokemon.

So, I was wondering and I have been for a while now, what pokemon should I have in my last pary slot? I'm playing Light Platinum ( the Ruby hack ) and I have these pokemon:

Piloswine - Lv53 with Oblivious ability
Swampert - Lv44 with Torrent ability
Hydreigon - Lv64 with Levitate ability ( Grinded like 4 hours for it :p )
Typhlosion - Lv46 with Blaze ability
and
Lucario - Lv46 with Inner Focus ability
+ that last empty slot

These are the pokemon I've been thinking about :
Venusaur
Drapion
Grumpig
Gengar
That psychic evolution of Eevee ( don't remember his name )
and
Drifloon (his evolution which i don't remember his name)
Raichu
That grass starter from pokemon Pearl / Diamond

I'd appreciate any pokemon you'd reccomend to my team, but most preferably a pokemon you know a trainer with pokemon around my levels can get in the Light Platinum game. ( I'm at the snow city, done nothing there yet. )

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
either Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra or Raichu because Lucario can learn Psychic and Shadow Ball

Back