The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Heracross is awesome, definitely worth in the long run. same goes for Machamp if you can trade though. Furret isn't really good, all it has is a huge movepool that all normal types have.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Go for the traded Machop.
As a traded Pokémon, it gains exps easier and it's perfect weapon against Whit
And if you move tutor elemental punches to him, it's pretty good attacker.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Go for Magneton. It synergises really well with the other fice of your team and it will leave you resisted to every single type, while not being extremely weak to one type.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:39 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
Every time I put this thread here it ends up getting moved and I can never find it. So here goes again. As usual, I need about three more members of my team. So far, my team is as follows.

Quilava
Lvl. 22

Zubat
lvl. 20

Heracross
lvl. 6 7 or 8

I also have a machop but I will get rid of him after the third gym.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:25 PM
SirStaraptor
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
So I'm playing through Black 2 right now and i need 3 pokes for my team and cant chose so I need your help
Current team going for guys i dont use often
1.Oshawott
2.Pidove(To be replaced with Madibuzz)
3.Venipede

Thanks for the help
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Catch Riolu in the Ranch. Maybe Tynamo and Anew.
But as I don't really know which Pokémon you don't usually use, it's kinda hard to help...

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:05 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hey so far in Black 2 I'm in Driftveil City and this is my team.
Current team:

Pignite ♀ lv. 29
Naive nature
- Arm Thrust
- Rollout
- Strength
- Flame Charge

Umbreon ♂ lv. 29
Careful nature
- Assurance
- Covet
- Quick Attack
- Bite

Ampharos ♂ lv. 30
Naive nature
- Take Down
- Charge
- Confuse Ray
- ThunderPunch

Azumarill ♀ lv. 30 (If you get the reference for the nickname, then you're awesome.)
Serious nature
- Aqua Tail
- Return
- BubbleBeam
- Double-Edge

Lucario ♂ lv. 28
Mild nature
- Rock Smash
- Force Palm
- Endure
- Counter

Rufflet ♂ lv. 29 (traded over an egg from White version)
Careful nature
- Wing Attack
- Slash
- Sky Drop
- Aerial Ace

I have also been switching out Azumarill with a Krokorok and been using Azumarill only when needed like for Surf.
Krokorok is at lv. 31 and these are it's moves
- Dig
- Swagger
- Sand Tomb
- Rock Tomb

Though I've been thinking of having Azumarill as a permanent team member , but I still want to evolve Krokorok into Krokodile and use him so I'm not sure.

So I was wonderingwhat other people would do.
Should I just stick with just Azumarill and evolve Krokorok later? Will I need Surf alot to complete the game?

I can't choose really so thanks for the help.

Also was thinking of replacing Azumarill with something else. What's a good Water type that I use for Surf? I was thinking Frillish/ Jellicent.

Thanks guys!

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Frillish/Jellicent is a pretty good option for a Water-type (and Ghost-type). They are found in Virbank City and Humilau City when surfing. It has a good type combination and a good movepool, as well as handy abilities.

Starmie can also come in handy later on cos of its good Speed and Special Attack. A good Starmie moveset should consist of Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, all obtained from TMs. You can catch Staryu on Route 13 and evolve it with a Water Stone.

I recommend these two but take your pick.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:50 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

I kind want a Water starter I can get pretty much find right away from the moment i get Surf. Though is Surf used often in these games??

Cause I'm wondering if I should permanently have that said Water-type on my team instead of Krokorok.

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

You can get Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge.

They learn both Fly and Surf, making for a great HM slave for them.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:51 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

I have Rufflet for Flying so I don't really need a Fly slave. And personally I like Braviary more than Swanna. So once I get surf I'll probably teach it to Azumarill and then catch a Frillish at Virbank. (Pretty pointless I know, but I want to used something I've never used before.) Then I guess I'll train Krokorok some other time, though I really also want to keep him on my team cause Moxie is such an awesome ability. (Though I wish it could learn Surf though.)

Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@AWsquared: Krokorok with Moxie proves to be very useful in-game, I would advise you to use it

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Ok knowing how useful Moxie is (since my Krookodile and Scrafty in White both have it) then I guess I will keep him on my team and use Azumarill or Jellicent as a Surf-slave.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Ok knowing how useful Moxie is (since my Krookodile and Scrafty in White both have it) then I guess I will keep him on my team and use Azumarill or Jellicent as a Surf-slave.
And prefer physical moveset for Krokorok, especially the Moxie one :D

Old January 26th, 2013, 08:25 PM
mozartm99

So I need an early water type for BW2 team and I can't decide between azuril or psyduck. They are both pretty useless for a while in my opinion, but I need one for a few levels. So which one?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
So I need an early water type for BW2 team and I can't decide between azuril or psyduck. They are both pretty useless for a while in my opinion, but I need one for a few levels. So which one?
I'd say Psyduck then. It can learn Water Gun at an earlier level, and it's Special Attack is better than Azurill and Marill, if you're aiming for more of an early game advantage. I wouldn't say Marill going towards Azumarill is a bad thing though - Azumarill can deal a ton of damage with Huge Power later on, although the problem is that it's a lot slower than Golduck.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:57 PM
AoE-Valcar
Whovian

I plan on replaying HG in possibly a few days. I beat it about 6 months ago but remember having a hard time with the team I had. I already have to pokemon in mind i definately want to keep and would like ideas for the other 4 pokemon i should get on my team (post move set if you want).

1.Typhlosion- Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Focus Blast
2.Crobat- Fly, Roost, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Bite(Crunch if crobat can learn it)
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoE-Valcar View Post
I plan on replaying HG in possibly a few days. I beat it about 6 months ago but remember having a hard time with the team I had. I already have to pokemon in mind i definately want to keep and would like ideas for the other 4 pokemon i should get on my team (post move set if you want).

1.Typhlosion- Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Focus Blast
2.Crobat- Fly, Roost, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Bite(Crunch if crobat can learn it)

Well, you got a fire and flying type so far...

How about a Water type? For example, Lapras is amazing in HG/SS, because it can help cover you against Clair and Lance. It can have this moveset:

Ice Beam / Surf / Thunder / Confuse Ray

You may also want to try a grass type, like Vileplume, Bellossom, since Fire + Water + Grass is a great type combo in-game!

To help cover your crobat, maybe you can try Ampharos? It can sponge electric attacks for your crobat, and Crobat can help dodge Ampharos's ground weakness. It can have this moveset:

Thunder / Power Gem / Signal Beam / Reflect

The 6th pokemon can be anything you want, really. Maybe a ghost type like Gengar, or a Psychic type like Alakazam for speed and Power. It's up to you.

Well, hope this helps.. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:08 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

Hey guys im tryin to raise a strong milotic i was wondering if anyone had some usefull move sets they would like to share. All suggestions will be considered thanks
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:50 AM
*Shiny*Monster0198
~ Just chillin'

Nature: Mild
Milotic are generally defensive, so you could go for a Resting-Sleep Talking one with something like Scald or Ice Beam. Rest causes Marvel Scale to activate.

Old February 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
Hey guys im tryin to raise a strong milotic i was wondering if anyone had some usefull move sets they would like to share. All suggestions will be considered thanks
In-game or competitive or both?

I ask because it makes a difference. For instance, in competition (either against other people or in the Subway or the PWT), recovery moves are important. In-game though, they're just a waste of a moveslot.

Also, is this for BW or BW2? The move tutors in BW2 make a lot of moves possible that aren't possible in BW.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Scald is a nice STAB move for Milotic, cos it has the chance of burning and that lowers a foe's Attack stat, which can help Milotic take physical hits a bit better.

Ice Beam is also handy for type coverage, especially against Grass and Dragon.
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
YamaskUnchained
Unhatched Egg

On my second playthrough of Black before I make a run to Black 2.

So team building questions for my current Black run and my future Black 2

Right now my team is: Lvl 25 Sawk, Lvl 23 Yamask, Lvl 23 Servine, Lvl 20 Panpour, Lvl 19 Patrat (Cut slave)

So to me the only ones I have my heart set on are my Sawk (Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Double Kick, Bide) and Yamask (Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Night Shade, Haze). I already kind of have my moved picked out for Yamask (probably going to finish with Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond).

As for the rest of the team I'm not sure they're who I want around moving forward, as I am just about to challenge Elesa when I'm done roaming Nimbasa. Any suggestions on a team to build for purely in game?
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:03 AM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

Hi! I'm planning on starting my Pokemon White all over again and at the moment I only have a structure for my team. I've been thinking of:

Emboar
Swoobat
Lilligant
Krookodile
Carracosta
Beartic

My only problem is none of them are easy to find near the start of the game except Emboar (well, of course, starter type? o_o) so it might be kind of hard-ish. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful.

Thank you in advance!
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaskUnchained View Post
On my second playthrough of Black before I make a run to Black 2.

So team building questions for my current Black run and my future Black 2

Right now my team is: Lvl 25 Sawk, Lvl 23 Yamask, Lvl 23 Servine, Lvl 20 Panpour, Lvl 19 Patrat (Cut slave)

So to me the only ones I have my heart set on are my Sawk (Karate Chop, Low Sweep, Double Kick, Bide) and Yamask (Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Night Shade, Haze). I already kind of have my moved picked out for Yamask (probably going to finish with Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond).

As for the rest of the team I'm not sure they're who I want around moving forward, as I am just about to challenge Elesa when I'm done roaming Nimbasa. Any suggestions on a team to build for purely in game?
Probably a bit late for this, unless you're somehow still roaming Nimbasa...

I'd say that, self-evidently, the first thing you need is something to handle Elesa's gym. Since it's an Electric gym, the obvious choice is a ground, and of those, the best options are Drilbur/Excadrill and Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile. Both are already available in your game, so catch whichever one you prefer. And whichever one it is, give it the best Rock attack it can learn, so it's got something to use against Elesa's Emolgas.

Then just take it from there. On the next route, see if you've got any shortcomings - any types that you can't handle effectively with the team you've got. If you do, that means you need something else - whatever CAN handle whatever it is that you're having problems with. The next gym will be Clay's Ground gym, so you'll need something to handle that - either a Grass or a Water. And so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCrunch View Post
Hi! I'm planning on starting my Pokemon White all over again and at the moment I only have a structure for my team. I've been thinking of:

Emboar
Swoobat
Lilligant
Krookodile
Carracosta
Beartic

My only problem is none of them are easy to find near the start of the game except Emboar (well, of course, starter type? o_o) so it might be kind of hard-ish. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful.

Thank you in advance!
I'd just use whatever's available and serves well enough until I got to whatever it is that I wanted to use. Pick up a Lillipup and/or a Patrat on Route 1, and so on, and just use them for as long as I need to. You'll get a Pansage at the Dreamyard, which'll do until you get to Pinwheel Forest and can catch a Petilil. Then at Wellspring Cave you can catch a Woobat, and you can catch a Drilbur in a dustcloud, and that'll be fine until you get to Route 4 and can catch a Sandile. For that matter, you can also catch a Roggenrola, which can serve until you get the Fossil to get a Tirtouga/Carracosta. And you catch Cubchoo exactly when you need to, on the way through Twist Mountain, so you've got enough time to train it and evolve it to a Beartic in time for the Dragon gym.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links