• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Do you have or used to have any pets? :3 What are/were they and what did you name them? How did you get that pet? Are there any behaviors or antics that make your pet special? Anything else you would like to share about your animal friend?

Do share!!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I own two cats, a fish that seems to be dying, and a corn snake.

Despite the fact that the cats are mine, I didn't name either of them. One is a 4-year-old F5 Bengal (tan tabby) named Charlie.
Spoiler:

The other is a kitten around 7 months old (in my avatar) who showed up on the porch one day. His name is Jefferson, after his father, who is one of the stray cats.

The fish and snake don't have names. The snake is because I don't know if it's male or female yet.

Oh, and here's a picture of my kitten who died some years ago. He made it to 6 months before having to be euthanized (he had FIP and was hardly alive, so he was put down as soon as we found out)-
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I used to have a cat when I lived with my family, but I left her there because I didn't want to keep up with it after I moved. Cats and dogs are allowed here and I might get a medium-sized dog, but I never want to own a cat again because I hate litter boxes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have a bunny named Kenny whom I adore ♥ He's a white fluffy ball of cuteness with beautiful red eyes and the smoothest ears you could possibly imagine. He's such a playful rabbit and even responded to house training so he now has free roam of our bottom floor when we're home. Such a clever bunny! He's been getting sick pretty frequently in the past few months though and he's already pretty old, so unfortunately we're not certain how much longer he's going to last... It's a horrid thought. :(

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I used to have a ginger cat called Simba but had to get rid of her due to my daughter getting an allergy to cats. now we have an goldfish called Goldeen( go me for being original)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I used to have a cat, that went missing 12 years ago... dunno what happened to it. Now I have a dog who is 11, but she struggles in doing stuff now.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
They're not actually mine but my sister currently lives with us and she has two dogs: A maltese named Kobe (after the basketball player) and a miniature yorkie named Luna.

We are planning on getting a Siberian Husky in a month so that'll be the first pet that I'll own (Not counting the dozens of fish we used to have since I don't consider them as pets).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not really mine, but belong to everyone on the family. We have 3 cats. My mom gave them stupid names which I don't even consider them names at all (one she called Suzanna, another one Mexican, another one Mi Amor). I like to call them by Japanese style names, so one I call Nami, another one I call Neko, and a third one I call Maneki.

My grandma has a Chihuahua, which I just call Chi.

My mom's husband has a ferret.

My little sister has 2 parakeets.

the ones that visit me the most are the cats.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FLUFFY WHITE CAT AND I LOVE HIM BUT HE HATES ME AND HE'S SOFT LIKE A BUNNY

i love my cat a lot okay

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
yes I have pets I have 3 dogs 1 pom/maltese mix Jade 2 purbread Alaskan Malamutes Raven and Lukka and A Crimson Rosella Parrot Jesse all post pics sometime XD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
As for me, all I have are fish at the moment. Well, they're not exactly mine; they belong to my parents. A dozen or so Koi for my father, about hundreds of guppies for my mother. The Koi are my father's treasured possessions, while the guppies are mainly just for decoration in bowls around the garden.

I used to have a dog around the house named Jyan (he was originally named Giant as he was the largest of his mother's litter of puppies), but I had to give him away to my aunt because my mother didn't approve of dogs. I got him free of charge from my friend's neighbour when he was two, but he should already be an old man in dog years. Around 6 or 7, I believe. Sadly, he's now blind in one eye and almost blind in the other due to cataract and can't walk around without bumping into stuff. I really miss him..;_;

I also used to have rabbits, but all of them died one after another. At first, I had a brown one named Chocolate and a white and black one named Panda. Panda died. I then got a white one with beautiful red eyes named Snowflake. Snowflake died too. Chocolate the survivor survived for many more years till she died of old age. :'(

So, yupp. That's my history of pets. They weren't very long-lived, but I really loved those moments when I still had their company.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I have two pets that I absolutely adore! <3. Both of them are plump guinea pigs who are a bit aggressive sometimes but that doesn't stop my love for them. :3. I used to have another one but it died because of lack of vitamins :'(, I really loved it though and I remember crying for ages afterwards, I still miss him D:. My two current guinea pigs are both female, one is a bit fatter and she has white fur along with a mixture of a lightish brown. She's really gentle and is so soft and cuddly. <3.

My other one is a little more energetic and jumpy, they have a mixture of white,black and dark brown fur which is an interesting combo but I really love :3. She's a bit more aggressive but I love them both equally. <3.

Years
Can't have any pets at my apartment, so I don't have any right now. If I could, I'd adopt a cat.

The only pet that was actually mine was a betta fish I named William. He was pretty cool. He only lived like a year though. I should've taken better care of him. :(

I consider my parent's cats as part of my family. They have three: Mr. Fuji (had him since I was in high school), Midnight (had him like 4 years or so now) and Gambit. Ok so I don't know Gambit very well because they adopted him after I left the house. But I know the other two! Mr. Fuji is pretty chill while Midnight can be a bit more jumpy, but he's still pretty cool too.

First two links are big images, just fyi.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
We have five chickens (we actually had six at the beginning of the week, but one of them got sniped down by a hawk, no joke), a dog named Darcy, the most annoying cat in the world named Smokey, and a couple fish. I only like the dog, all the rest I don't care for.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I have one adorable terrapin which is pretty old. It's pretty easy to take care of imo, just feed it, wash its tank once in a week and you're ready to go!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
When I was 6-ish, I had a gerbil named Maggie. I loved that little rodent, more than any other pet anyone in my family ever had since. I even wrote a song for her back when I was again, six-ish, which I'd plink out on my toy piano or keyboard or whatever it was (I even remember the lyrics, ahaha).

Thing was, she had babies unexpectedly, which means she must've gotten pregnant while at the pet shop. That's probably why I wrote the song because otherwise the words don't make sense. She had I think five or six babies to start with, though some of them must've been eaten/destroyed by her, because they just disappeared (and they were still pink and incapable of doing anything). From this point, my memory is blurry and I don't know what came of her children. They may have died or something.

Eventually, I guess because I felt Maggie was getting old or something, or that it was just time for her to move on, I released her into the wild, which may not have been a smart thing to do considering I don't know how well a gerbil'll survive in the wild, but back then it was darn poetic. I cried my eyes out.

Every pet since I've been really apathetic towards. I even got a hamster in my early teens or preteens, and he was kind of ornery. I didn't care for him half as much, I let his cage get dirty for long periods of time before I cleaned it up, and when he eventually died, I more or less shrugged.

I sort of want a rabbit these days, but I don't feel like putting in the investment of time and money to care for one. Plus, I would really want a lovable one, but I feel like sometimes, getting a new pet is a crapshoot. I don't really want to deal with a pet that can't be bothered, what's the point?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have the best cat in the history of cats. He is lazy and spoiled and needs attention all the time and is deaf but has the loudest meows and is the sweetest ever ever.

Spoiler:

Back