The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:58 PM
p.claydon

well this is still pretty damned kool keep up the good work
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help

Sorry again for necroreplying to some points before.

So here is what I get: As a coder and concerning this project, there is no way to help you right now, is there?

Last edited by Ayutac; January 30th, 2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: broken grammar
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Any comments, observations, ideas and suggestions about any part of the project (existing or not) are welcome. I've never worked on code alongside someone else before, so I don't know exactly what you could do. I'd like some opinions on how well my code works, as well as pointing out if there are any gaps.

If you want to help in a more direct sense, there's the Card Dex and the Card Summary screens to be created, as well as a way to receive booster packs. I imagine the first two to be direct copies of the Pokédex and Pokémon summary screens respectively. All of these would need to be designed via concept art, obviously.
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
p.claydon

i guess the booster pack would depend on what sortta game your planning on but possibly buy them from shops
i dont know how things work fully but in an older version of essentials when i tried to get pokemon in exchange for game corner coins i set up dummy items and once the shop process had finished it would convert the items into pokemon via an event maybe boosters could be the same
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Maruno

There'll be no such thing as "buying" in this project. Booster packs can either be free gifts, or rewards for winning duels. Either way, it works the same, as I shall now explain.

I imagined a screen showing the available booster packs (which can either be "all that exist" or "a defined selection of them"), and clicking on a pack will open it and show you what cards you've received. If you're allowed to choose more than 1 booster pack, you then go back to the first screen and choose another pack.

Each booster pack can be finite (you can choose it once and then it disappears from your choices) or infinite (you can choose it as many times as you like). Note that this only applies to a single instance of getting booster packs, and what you choose in one instance has no effect on the next instance (which may well have a different selection of packs to choose from).

I imagine that the "infinite" option would be used either always or never, i.e. not "just some of the time". It would depend on how the user wants their game to work. It only matters in the player can get more than 1 pack at once anyway. Both options have their perks.

Something like this:

The finite/infinite status of booster packs doesn't need to be shown. A single card set can have multiple booster pack artworks (which are part of the definitions alongside the quantity), in which case each one is defined separately and will appear separately.

This method is done even if you can only choose 1 pack. That pack is still shown first in this screen, which you click on to open.

Does anyone know the chances of cards of each rarity appearing in a booster pack? Should booster packs be throttled to force at least (or exactly) 1 rare card (or higher rarity) in every pack?
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:13 PM
p.claydon

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Does anyone know the chances of cards of each rarity appearing in a booster pack? Should booster packs be throttled to force at least (or exactly) 1 rare card (or higher rarity) in every pack?
Speaking as someone who actively collects and plays the TCG, every booster after Base Set has had to include a rare card, due to allegations of it basically being gambling targeted at kids.

While I do not know the exact odds of secret rare card pulls, I do know that it has changed over the years and I do know which secret rare types are rarer than others.

I have very limited knowledge of programming, but I do have extensive knowledge about the workings of the TCG and would be willing to lend my knowledge with regards to how some situations would and should play out.

I'm currently downloading your Alpha right now to give what you've currently got developed a look-over.

EDIT: Okay, something that stands out - there is no limit to how much energy can be attached in a single turn in your game engine. In the physical TCG, you can only attach 1 energy per turn unless a PokePower/Ability (Ability technically being the proper current name for PokePowers & PokeBodies), an effect of a card, or an effect of an attack allows you to attach additional energy.

Last edited by donavannj; January 30th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Speaking as someone who actively collects and plays the TCG, every booster after Base Set has had to include a rare card, due to allegations of it basically being gambling targeted at kids.

While I do not know the exact odds of secret rare card pulls, I do know that it has changed over the years and I do know which secret rare types are rarer than others.

I have very limited knowledge of programming, but I do have extensive knowledge about the workings of the TCG and would be willing to lend my knowledge with regards to how some situations would and should play out.
Your knowledge would be very helpful.

Here's a couple of questions to start off with:
  1. Are the Metronome attacks for Clefairy and Clefable intended to be identical? Clefable also says to ignore costs of attack (e.g. Charizard's "discard 2 energy"), whereas Clefairy doesn't.
  2. Should Raticate's Super Fang attack ignore all effects/weaknesses/resistances and always deal the amount of damage it says, or is that calculation just for the base damage and it would then be affected by PlusPower and the like?
I'm sure I'll come across more questions when I get round to the various effects. If you can think of any cards/effects/interactions from Base/Jungle/Fossil that you think might be tricky, please let me know.

One thing I was pleased to discover was how cards like Pokémon Breeder should work - the intermediate card (if skipping from Basic to Stage 2) must exist as a card, even if it's not in the deck, and it doesn't work on Baby Pokémon. That makes things more convenient to code.

If possible, could you have a look at the order in which things happen during an attack? It's as follows:

Code:
  def pbUseAttack(user)
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",user.name,self.name))
    target=pbGetTarget(user)                      # Usually done automatically.
    return if !pbBabyCheck(user,target)
    return if !pbOnStartUse(user)                 # e.g. Flip a coin. If Tails, this attack does nothing.
    pbPayAttackCost(user,target)                  # e.g. Discard 2 energy.
    pbCheckEffects(user,target)
    return if !pbConfusionCheck(user)
    if target
      dmg=pbBaseDamage(user,target)
      dmg=pbModifyDamageBefore(dmg,user,target)   # Modifiers on attacker
      dmg=pbEffectiveness(dmg,user,target)        # Weakness/resistance
      dmg=pbModifyDamageAfter(dmg,user,target)    # Modifiers on target
      pbDealDamage(dmg,user,target)
    end
    pbEffect(user,target)
  end
I've tried to take account of whatever I can think of, but I'm sure there'll be things I've overlooked. If an attack can't be used (e.g. don't have enough energy, Farfetch'd's Leek Slap), it can't even be chosen to be used in the first place, so the above code assumes the attack can be used. Checking fainting cards is a separate thing that happens immediately after the attack (as well as on other occasions).

Quote:
EDIT: Okay, something that stands out - there is no limit to how much energy can be attached in a single turn in your game engine. In the physical TCG, you can only attach 1 energy per turn unless a PokePower/Ability (Ability technically being the proper current name for PokePowers & PokeBodies), an effect of a card, or an effect of an attack allows you to attach additional energy.
Yes, it's an alpha. There aren't yet any limits on what you can do in your turn - it helps with debugging, they're easy enough to implement, and I've got other things to worry about at the moment.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Your knowledge would be very helpful.

Here's a couple of questions to start off with:
  1. Are the Metronome attacks for Clefairy and Clefable intended to be identical? Clefable also says to ignore costs of attack (e.g. Charizard's "discard 2 energy"), whereas Clefairy doesn't.
  2. Should Raticate's Super Fang attack ignore all effects/weaknesses/resistances and always deal the amount of damage it says, or is that calculation just for the base damage and it would then be affected by PlusPower and the like?
I'm sure I'll come across more questions when I get round to the various effects. If you can think of any cards/effects/interactions from Base/Jungle/Fossil that you think might be tricky, please let me know.
1. Based on the fact that both cards were reprinted in Base Set 2 and follow the wording on Jungle Clefable, they're both intended to work the way Jungle Clefable is worded.

2. Unless the attack specifically says to ignore those effects, those effects still apply to Super Fang. The attack has to specifically say to ignore those effects.

Quote:
One thing I was pleased to discover was how cards like Pokémon Breeder should work - the intermediate card (if skipping from Basic to Stage 2) must exist as a card, even if it's not in the deck, and it doesn't work on Baby Pokémon. That makes things more convenient to code.
There may be a catch if someone were to implement a later card-set into your engine, as that would make a later Alakazam card (it was printed in the Diamond & Pearl era along with an Abra, but no Kadabra was ever printed to accompany those two in that set or any other set released around it) effectively unplayable if the person implementing that set wasn't aware of this being how your code processes how cards like Pokemon Breeder and Rare Candy work. That's probably a problem to save for a later time, however.

Quote:

If possible, could you have a look at the order in which things happen during an attack? It's as follows:

Code:
  def pbUseAttack(user)
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",user.name,self.name))
    target=pbGetTarget(user)                      # Usually done automatically.
    return if !pbBabyCheck(user,target)
    return if !pbOnStartUse(user)                 # e.g. Flip a coin. If Tails, this attack does nothing.
    pbPayAttackCost(user,target)                  # e.g. Discard 2 energy.
    pbCheckEffects(user,target)
    return if !pbConfusionCheck(user)
    if target
      dmg=pbBaseDamage(user,target)
      dmg=pbModifyDamageBefore(dmg,user,target)   # Modifiers on attacker
      dmg=pbEffectiveness(dmg,user,target)        # Weakness/resistance
      dmg=pbModifyDamageAfter(dmg,user,target)    # Modifiers on target
      pbDealDamage(dmg,user,target)
    end
    pbEffect(user,target)
  end
I've tried to take account of whatever I can think of, but I'm sure there'll be things I've overlooked. If an attack can't be used (e.g. don't have enough energy, Farfetch'd's Leek Slap), it can't even be chosen to be used in the first place, so the above code assumes the attack can be used. Checking fainting cards is a separate thing that happens immediately after the attack (as well as on other occasions).
That seems to be largely the correct order by current rules. I have been looking, and I have yet to see a damage booster or a damage reducing card/effect break this order, other than the original PlusPower print, which says to apply the damage after weakness and resistance.

Quote:
Yes, it's an alpha. There aren't yet any limits on what you can do in your turn - it helps with debugging, they're easy enough to implement, and I've got other things to worry about at the moment.
Ah, okay. Makes sense.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Maruno

Quote:
1. Based on the fact that both cards were reprinted in Base Set 2 and follow the wording on Jungle Clefable, they're both intended to work the way Jungle Clefable is worded.

2. Unless the attack specifically says to ignore those effects, those effects still apply to Super Fang. The attack has to specifically say to ignore those effects.
Ah, I didn't think about reprints. That's convenient - only one attack effect there instead of two.

Super Fang was easy to fix. Fair enough.

Quote:
There may be a catch if someone were to implement a later card-set into your engine, as that would make a later Alakazam card (it was printed in the Diamond & Pearl era along with an Abra, but no Kadabra was ever printed to accompany those two in that set or any other set released around it) effectively unplayable if the person implementing that set wasn't aware of this being how your code processes how cards like Pokemon Breeder and Rare Candy work. That's probably a problem to save for a later time, however.
I considered this "problem" too, but I for one am definitely not going to get to a point where there's no Kadabra (stupid Geller). Besides, all that needs to be done is to create a "dummy" card set (a real set but which the player can never obtain any cards from) containing whichever Kadabra cards you want, just for the sake of them existing. It would ideally contains a Kadabra, Dark Kadabra, and Sabrina's Kadabra to cover all the bases.

Quote:
That seems to be largely the correct order by current rules. I have been looking, and I have yet to see a damage booster or a damage reducing card/effect break this order, other than the original PlusPower print, which says to apply the damage after weakness and resistance.
Good to hear. I'm not surprised PlusPower is a little odd, given that it's an original card. Still, I'm following the original rules as close as possible, so this PlusPower will still apply itself after weakness/resistance calculations (assuming the damage hasn't already been dropped to 0 by then, of course; if the damage ever hits 0 after a step, all later steps are skipped and no damage is dealt).

Obviously the cards I'm using are way before the double battle rules. Can I assume that, unless specifically stated otherwise (which these cards won't), any reference to the "Defending Pokémon" will actually refer to the attack's target? That is, if the opponent has a Charizard and a Blastoise as Active Pokémon, I can only Metronome a Charizard move against Charizard, and a Blastoise move against Blastoise? Not that I'm worrying too much about double battles at the moment, though.
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM
p.claydon

wit what TCG had double battles (i only got up2 the 1st movie with promo mewtwo) that makes it sound complicated now
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Ah, I didn't think about reprints. That's convenient - only one attack effect there instead of two.

Super Fang was easy to fix. Fair enough.
No problem.

Quote:
I considered this "problem" too, but I for one am definitely not going to get to a point where there's no Kadabra (stupid Geller). Besides, all that needs to be done is to create a "dummy" card set (a real set but which the player can never obtain any cards from) containing whichever Kadabra cards you want, just for the sake of them existing. It would ideally contains a Kadabra, Dark Kadabra, and Sabrina's Kadabra to cover all the bases.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Good to hear. I'm not surprised PlusPower is a little odd, given that it's an original card. Still, I'm following the original rules as close as possible, so this PlusPower will still apply itself after weakness/resistance calculations (assuming the damage hasn't already been dropped to 0 by then, of course; if the damage ever hits 0 after a step, all later steps are skipped and no damage is dealt).
I'm assuming that you'd consider making a version for the newer PlusPower prints at some point? The newer PlusPower prints do apply before Weakness and Resistance are applied. Though all the newer versions of PlusPower are from 2007-onward, so you may not ever get to that point, based on your response to the possible Kadabra problem above.

Quote:
Obviously the cards I'm using are way before the double battle rules. Can I assume that, unless specifically stated otherwise (which these cards won't), any reference to the "Defending Pokémon" will actually refer to the attack's target? That is, if the opponent has a Charizard and a Blastoise as Active Pokémon, I can only Metronome a Charizard move against Charizard, and a Blastoise move against Blastoise? Not that I'm worrying too much about double battles at the moment, though.
Yes, you can assume this. That move wouldn't take on the opponent's typing, however. It would just use Clefairy's/Clefable's, if you weren't sure about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
wit what TCG had double battles (i only got up2 the 1st movie with promo mewtwo) that makes it sound complicated now
Double battles were attempted to be implemented sometime around 2006/2007, iirc. It didn't catch on, however.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Maruno

Quote:
I'm assuming that you'd consider making a version for the newer PlusPower prints at some point? The newer PlusPower prints do apply before Weakness and Resistance are applied. Though all the newer versions of PlusPower are from 2007-onward, so you may not ever get to that point, based on your response to the possible Kadabra problem above.
My goal is to make an engine containing the Base Set/Jungle/Fossil cards. Anything beyond that would be a bonus. Eventually I'll be asking for a selection of cards which demonstrate every new mechanic (e.g. burned status, Baby Pokémon, Lv.X, Stadiums, Plasma cards, LEGEND, etc.) so that I can add in some support for them too, but that's only for after I'm done and if I still care by then (the AI and prettying are bound to take a lot out of me).
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:04 AM
p.claydon

hows the progress going looking forward to seeing this more complete
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Fransferdy
Unhatched Egg

If anyone gets all the cards graphics, and one internet page saying what each card do, i can make a database and a card battle engine, for Game Maker.
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
tymime
Action Gamemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransferdy View Post
If anyone gets all the cards graphics, and one internet page saying what each card do, i can make a database and a card battle engine, for Game Maker.
Well, there is Bulbapedia.

http://tymime.deviantart.com/
http://www.eyedelonproductions.com/
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
hows the progress going looking forward to seeing this more complete
I've not done too much recently. Special conditions are now in (both their effects and the card rotations), I'm working on card fainting (it currently works except for the prize card part which needs prize cards in general to be made functional), and I've made some general tweaks. I'm not actually keeping a list of my changes for this, so I couldn't say specifically what I've done.

Quote:
the__end provided me with card images, and I had Bulbapedia. You have access to both of those too, so "lack of resources" isn't an excuse. You can start making your thing now.
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Fransferdy
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for the tips, i'll see what i can do. Also good work with Essentials =D

About the TCG Engine, not sure if you are willing to add this, but you could make tcg battles worth of Pokemons, like if each side(you and your enemy) makes a bet, and the winner gets a Pokemon.
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
p.claydon

here is the link for bulbapedia if you still would like it
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ame_expansions
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Maruno

Quote:
About the TCG Engine, not sure if you are willing to add this, but you could make tcg battles worth of Pokemons, like if each side(you and your enemy) makes a bet, and the winner gets a Pokemon.
If you're talking about playing a card game for actual Pokémon, I've already said that I don't support using the TCG extension alongside the classic game, which means there will be no such thing as actual Pokémon in a TCG game. However, if you mean something like an ante rule, I have no particular desire to add that in. Playing for booster packs is good enough (you can always set a duel to give out 0 booster packs, and/or afterwards give the player a specific card if you want).

Oh, I'm always accepting contributions of new premade decks (and deck icons - the ones I bodged together are a bit iffy). Remember that the vast majority of premade decks will belong to enemy trainers only, and will not be accessible to the player, so you can make decks just for Club Masters if you want. Should all (or as many as possible given the card pool) of the decks that appear in the TCG games be included?
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:22 PM
yakoo
Unhatched Egg

Exactly what do you want? I can make / Design Cards (Big and Icons) and everything, but i don't understand the english very well so i am not understanding what do you want
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer

Nature: Quiet
Hey Maruno, can you update your first post with all of the information about this?

I'm wondering, is this an addition to Essentials, or at least an editable? I thought you said earlier that it wasn't going to be, but now I see you talking about others adding stuff in (maybe I'm making stuff up lol).
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakoo View Post
Exactly what do you want? I can make / Design Cards (Big and Icons) and everything, but i don't understand the english very well so i am not understanding what do you want
The PBS file tcgdecks.txt contains all the premade decks, such as:

Code:
1,STARTERDECK,Starter Deck,0,BASEDIGLETT,3,BASEMACHOP,4,BASEMACHOKE,2,
BASECHARMANDER,4,BASECHARMELEON,2,BASEGROWLITHE,1,BASEPONYTA,4,BASERATTATA,2,
BASEDRATINI,1,BASEBILL,1,BASEENERGYREMOVAL,1,BASEENERGYRETRIEVAL,1,
BASEGUSTOFWIND,1,BASEPOKEDEX,1,BASEPOTION,2,BASESWITCH,2,BASEFIGHTING,14,
BASEFIRE,14
I was asking if people wanted to make their own decks like this, to be included with the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
Hey Maruno, can you update your first post with all of the information about this?

I'm wondering, is this an addition to Essentials, or at least an editable? I thought you said earlier that it wasn't going to be, but now I see you talking about others adding stuff in (maybe I'm making stuff up lol).
I'm calling it an extension to Essentials. Essentials itself remains untouched, and the TCG scripts are maybe a dozen additional script sections you can throw in. They're as editable as any Essentials script.

What I was saying is that, if you want to play a regular Pokémon game and have the TCG as just a mini-game within it (rather than having the TCG be the main focus of the game), I'm not going to help you. I've said before that I don't think it should be a mini-game, so I'm not going to support anyone who tries to turn it into one.

There's a huge difference between that and asking for new premade decks.

In other news, I've finally added prize card functionality, including being able to take prize cards for knocking out Pokémon. Once I've added in the win condition checks, you'll be able to play properly! (Except that the AI is a vegetable that does nothing, many card effects don't exist, and there are no restrictions on actions per turn. Apart from all that, though, the only real things left to do are cosmetic.) Of course, there's also still many out-of-duel things to do (Card Dex, summary, booster packs, etc.).
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I could certainly contribute some decklists for NPCs.

I'll get back to you when I get the first of those done.
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Code:
1,STARTERDECK,Starter Deck,0,BASEDIGLETT,3,BASEMACHOP,4,BASEMACHOKE,2,
BASECHARMANDER,4,BASECHARMELEON,2,BASEGROWLITHE,1,BASEPONYTA,4,BASERATTATA,2,
BASEDRATINI,1,BASEBILL,1,BASEENERGYREMOVAL,1,BASEENERGYRETRIEVAL,1,
BASEGUSTOFWIND,1,BASEPOKEDEX,1,BASEPOTION,2,BASESWITCH,2,BASEFIGHTING,14,
BASEFIRE,14
I was asking if people wanted to make their own decks like this, to be included with the project.
Maybe you are interested in adding the decks from the GBC game?
Spoiler:
Code:
Practice deck 1 (The one you use against Sam):

14x Water energy
10x Psychic energy
2x Squirtle
1x Wartortle
1x Blastoise
2x Seel
1x Dewgong
2x Staryu
1x Starmie
3x Goldeen
2x Seaking
1x Lapras
2x Abra
1x Kadabra
1x Alakazam
3x Drowzee
2x Hypno
1x Jynx
3x Rattata
2x Raticate
2x Bill
1x Full heal
2x Potion

Practice deck 2 (The one Sam uses against you):

13x Lightning energy
11x Fighting energy
1x Double colorless energy
2x Pikachu lvl 12
1x Pikachu lvl 14
1x Raichu lvl 40
1x Raichu lvl 45
2x Jolteon lvl 29
1x Electabuzz lvl 35
4x Machop
2x Machoke
2x Machamp
2x Diglett
1x Dugtrio
2x Rhyhorn
1x Rhydon
1x Hitmonchan
1x Onix
3x Eevee
2x Rattata
2x Raticate
1x Prof. Oak
1x Bill
1x Gust of wind
1x Potion

Fire & lightning deck:

10x Fire energy
10x Lightning energy
2x Double colorless energy
2x Charmander
1x Charmeleon
1x Charizard
2x Growlithe
1x Arcanine lvl 45
2x Ponyta
1x Rapidash
1x Magmar lvl 24
1x Magmar lvl 31
1x Pikachu lvl 12
1x Pikachu lvl 14
1x Raichu lvl 40
3x Voltorb
1x Electrode lvl 35
1x Electrode lvl 42
2x Magnemite lvl 13
1x Magneton lvl 28
2x Rattata
1x Raticate
1x Prof. Oak
2x Energy search
2x Bill
1x Potion
2x Pluspower
2x Defender
2x Switch

Water & fighting deck:

12x Water energy
10x Fighting energy
2x Poliwag
1x Poliwhirl
1x Poliwrath
2x Seel
1x Dewgong
2x Staryu
1x Starmie
2x Goldeen
1x Seaking
2x Sandshrew
1x Sandslash
3x Machop
2x Machoke
1x Machamp
2x Rhyhorn
1x Rhydon
1x Hitmonchan
1x Prof. Oak
3x Potion
2x Bill
2x Full heal
2x Energy search

Grass & psychic deck:

12x Grass energy
12x Psychic energy
2x Weedle
1x Kakuna
1x Beedrill
2x Exeggcute
1x Exeggcutor
2x Nidoran (female)
1x Nidorina
2x Paras
1x Parasect
1x Pinsir
3x Abra
2x Kadabra
3x Drowzee
2x Hypno
1x Jynx
1x Farfetch'd
1x Tauros
2x Bill
2x Potion
1x Full heal
2x Energy search
2x Gust of wind

Imakuni? deck:

10x Water energy
16x Psychic energy
4x Psyduck
3x Golduck
4x Drowzee
3x Hypno
2x Slowpoke lvl 9
2x Slowpoke lvl 18
3x Slowbro
4x Farfetch'd
4x Imakuni?
2x Pokemon flute
2x Maintenance
1x Gambler

I'm Ronald deck:

9x Fire energy
10x Water energy
8x Fighting energy
3x Charmander
2x Charmeleon
3x Growlithe
1x Arcanine lvl 45
3x Squirtle
2x Wartortle
2x Seel
1x Dewgong
2x Lapras
3x Cubone
2x Marowak lvl 26
1x Prof. Oak
2x Energy search
2x Gust of wind
1x Switch
1x Pluspower
1x Defender
1x Energy retrieval

Invincible Ronald deck:

7x Grass energy
6x Fire energy
7x Fighting energy
4x Double colorless energy
3x Grimer
2x Muk
4x Scyther
3x Magmar lvl 31
3x Geodude
2x Graveler
2x Kangaskhan
2x Chansey
2x Prof. Oak
2x Pluspower
2x Scoop up
2x Gust of wind
2x Energy retrieval
2x Bill
2x Energy removal
1x Gambler

Powerful Ronald deck:

7x lightning energy
9x Fighting energy
7x Psychic energy
3x Double colorless energy
3x Electabuzz lvl 35
2x Hitmonchan
2x Hitmonlee
1x Mr. mime
2x Jynx
1x Mewtwo lvl 53
2x Doduo
1x Dodrio
2x Kangaskhan
2x Lickitung
3x Tauros
1x Energy search
2x Gust of wind
2x Energy retrieval
1x Super energy retrieval
2x Energy removal
2x Pluspower
1x Switch
1x Full heal
1x Gambler

Love to battle deck:

26x Fighting energy
4x Machop
3x Machoke
2x Machamp
2x Mankey
1x Primeape
3x Rattata
2x Raticate
2x Doduo
1x Dodrio
1x Tauros
4x Defender
2x Full heal
3x Potion
4x Pluspower

Muscles for brains deck:

26x Fighting energy
3x Machop
2x Machoke
2x Machamp
1x Mankey
1x Primeape
2x Hitmonchan
2x Hitmonlee
3x Meowth lvl 15
2x Persian
1x Lickitung
2x Tauros
1x Kangaskhan
1x Bill
1x Energy removal
1x Revive
1x Potion
1x Super potion
2x Pluspower
1x Full heal
2x Gust of wind

Hard pokemon deck:

25x Fighting energy
4x Geodude
3x Graveler
2x Golem
3x Cubone
2x Marowak lvl 26
2x Rhyhorn
1x Rhydon
3x Onix
1x Snorlax
3x Bill
2x Potion
2x Poke ball
3x Gust of wind
4x Defender

Blistering pokemon deck:

4x Fire energy
7x Fighting energy
5x Psychic energy
3x Ponyta
2x Rapidash
4x Cubone
2x Marowak lvl 26
4x Rhyhorn
2x Rhydon
4x Onix
3x Jynx
2x Prof. Oak
3x Bill
2x Gust of wind
3x Defender
3x Switch
2x Pokemon trader
2x Mr. fuji
1x Energy retrieval

Lovely Nidoran deck (The one used in the science club):

24x Grass energy
3x Nidoran (male)
2x Nidorino
1x Nidoking
4x Nidoran (female)
2x Nidorina
2x Nidoqueen
2x Grimer
1x Muk
2x Koffing
1x Weezing
1x Pinsir
2x Doduo
2x Meowth lvl 15
2x Farfetch'd
1x Prof. Oak
2x Bill
2x Pokemon breeder
2x Poke ball
1x Switch
1x Gambler

Etcetera deck:

8x Grass energy
4x Fire energy
4x Lightning energy
4x Fighting energy
4x Psychic energy
1x Caterpie
1x Weedle
2x Nidoran (female)
2x Oddish
2x Tangela lvl 12
2x Charmander
1x Magmar lvl 31
2x Pikachu lvl 12
1x Magnemite lvl 13
2x Machop
1x Diglett
2x Gastly lvl 8
1x Jynx
3x Bill
3x Energy search
3x Pluspower
3x Poke ball
2x Defender
2x Energy retrieval

Anger deck:

10x Fire energy
8x Fighting energy
3x Growlithe
2x Arcanine lvl 34
3x Cubone
3x Rattata
2x Raticate
3x Doduo
2x Dodrio
3x Tauros
2x Prof. Oak
3x Bill
2x Defender
2x Computer search
2x Energy retrieval
2x Gust of wind
4x Pluspower

Flamethrower deck:

22x Fire energy
2x Charmander
2x Charmeleon
1x Charizard
2x Growlithe
1x Arcanine lvl 45
2x Vulpix
1x Ninetails lvl 32
3x Magmar lvl 24
2x Flareon lvl 28
3x Eevee
1x Pokemon trader
3x Energy retrieval
3x Bill
3x Gust of wind
2x Pluspower
1x Super energy retrieval
2x Switch

Reshuffle deck:

23x Fire energy
2x Ponyta
2x Growlithe
1x Arcanine lvl 45
4x Vulpix
3x Ninetails lvl 35
4x Pidgey
3x Pidgeotto
2x Pidgeot lvl 38
1x Jigglypuff lvl 13
1x Wigglytuff
1x Tauros
2x Lickitung
1x Kangaskhan
2x Bill
1x Energy removal
1x Super energy removal
2x Switch
2x Energy retrieval

Ghost deck:

6x Grass energy
15x Psychic energy
3x Double colorless energy
4x Zubat
3x Golbat
2x Gastly lvl 8
2x Gastly lvl 17
2x Haunter lvl 17
2x Haunter lvl 22
4x Gengar
3x Meowth lvl 15
3x Ditto
2x Prof. Oak
1x Bill
1x Full heal
2x Potion
2x Pokemon breeder
1x Gust of wind
2x Recycle

Naptime deck:

8x Grass energy
18x Psychic energy
4x Paras
4x Exeggcute
4x Gastly lvl 8
2x Haunter lvl 17
2x Haunter lvl 22
4x Jigglypuff lvl 14
3x Wigglytuff
2x Bill
3x Pluspower
2x Gust of wind
2x Potion
2x Switch

Waterfront pokemon deck:

18x Water energy
7x Psychic energy
2x Squirtle
1x Wartortle
1x Blastoise
2x Poliwag
1x Poliwhirl
1x Poliwrath
2x Goldeen
1x Seaking
2x Psyduck
1x Golduck
2x Staryu
1x Starmie
2x Slowpoke lvl 18
1x Slowbro
1x Farfetch'd
2x Dratini
1x Dragonair
2x Bill
1x Pokedex
2x Switch
2x Potion
2x Energy retrieval
1x Gust of wind
1x Super potion

Lonely friends deck:

8x Grass energy
9x Water energy
4x Scyther
4x Poliwag
2x Omanyte
1x Omastar
1x Aerodactyl
2x Jigglypuff lvl 13
2x Jigglypuff lvl 14
4x Wigglytuff
2x Prof. Oak
2x Bill
4x Mysterious fossil
4x Clefairy doll
4x Potion
2x Scoop up
1x Super potion

Sound of the waves deck:

24x Water energy
2x Tentacool
1x Tentacruel
3x Krabby
2x Kingler
3x Shellder
2x Cloyster
2x Horsea
1x Seadra
3x Seel
2x Dewgong
3x Lapras
3x Bill
3x Pluspower
2x Energy removal
2x Pokemon trader
2x Full heal

Pikachu deck:

6x Water energy
16x Lightning energy
2x Surfing Pikachu
2x Surfing Pikachu (Different version)
1x Pikachu lvl 12
1x Pikachu lvl 14
1x Pikachu lvl 16
1x Pikachu lvl 16 (Different version)
2x Raichu lvl 40
2x Raichu lvl 45
4x Flying Pikachu
4x Bill
4x Potion
4x Full heal
4x Poke ball
4x Switch
2x Super potion

Power generator deck:

26x Lightning energy
2x Pikachu lvl 12
1x Pikachu lvl 14
1x Raichu lvl 40
1x Magnemite lvl 13
1x Magnemite lvl 15
1x Magneton lvl 28
1x Magneton lvl 35
3x Voltorb
1x Electrode lvl 35
1x Electrode lvl 42
1x Electabuzz lvl 20
1x Electabuzz lvl 35
3x Jolteon lvl 29
2x Zapdos lvl 64
4x Eevee
2x Bill
2x Switch
2x Pokemon trader
4x Defender

Boom boom selfdestruct deck:

8x Grass energy
14x Lightning energy
8x Fighting energy
4x Koffing
3x Weezing
4x Magnemite lvl 15
2x Magneton lvl 28
2x Magneton lvl 35
4x Geodude
3x Graveler
2x Golem
2x Prof. Oak
2x Energy search
2x Defender

Legendary Ronald Deck:

20x Fire energy
4x Double coloress energy
1x Gambler
2x Pokemon breeder
3x Energy removal
1x Pokemon trader
1x Professer oak.
2x Scoop up
4x Bill
4x Evee
4x Dratini
3x Dragonair
2x Dragonite (legendary)
2x Kangaskan
2x Moltres (legendary)
1x Zapdos (legendary)
1x Articuno (legendary)
1x Vaporeon (colorless energy version)
1x Joltien (colorless energy user version)
1x Flareon (colorless energy user version

And do you plan on adding the tcg decks like "Blackout", "Overgrowth", "Zap!" and "Brushfire"?

EDIT
A suggestion how to manage the AI:
Why not add some check for strategies to the prefabricated decks in the PBS file?
For example you could make a check if the deck is an "Evolution deck" or if you mainly use Basic cards.
And because the AI can only use prefabricated decks you have to make different AI for "Evolution decks" and "Basic Card decks".
For example "Evolution decks" should concentrate to evolving their pokemon as fast as possible and using them and "Basic Card" decks (with cards like Electabuzz) should try to overwhelm the opponent at the beginning of the game.
This way you can even combine different checks.
As an example lets use the both strategies above. If you have selected "Evolution deck" and "Basic Card deck" the AI should try to overwhelm the opponent with strong Basic cards at the beginning and try to evolve their other Basic cards as fast as possible. After the weak Basic Cards are evolved the AI should stop using strong Basic cards and start using evolved pokemon cards.
You see that if you combine strategies you need a priority for each one. In the above example the "Basic Card deck" strategy should have a little bit higher priority then the "Evolution Deck" strategy. This way the AI should use the "Basic Card deck" as its main strategy but it doesn't ignore the "Evolution deck" strategy.
Of course you need conditions for each strategy when to get higher or lower priority. For example the "Basic Card deck" should have a condition that this strategy gets lower priority when you have evolved cards. And because the "Basic Card deck" strategy has now lower priority then the "Evolution deck" strategy the AI starts to use evolved pokemon.
And you need to determine which cards can be called "strong" Basic cards so the "Basic Card deck" AI knows with which cards it should try to overwhelm the opponent.
Of course there are more Strategies you can determine for each deck and there are a lot of more ways to combine them. This way you can make a lot of different AI behavior! There are restrictions as well. This way each deck has just one combination of strategy that you can determine. If you want more you have to copy past the deck in the PBS file and change the checks i think. Maybe there is a better way thought.

Hope the stuff i said makes sense. I am not a programmer so i don't know how programming actually works. So sorry if i talked nonsense.

Last edited by the__end; February 8th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links