The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1826    
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Mightyena is a Hyena not a wolf.
Anyways it would be nice to see some connection to Unova. Perhaps Victini came from here seeing how France built the statue of liberty which in Poké world I guess would be the liberty light house Victini was kept under. Thus post game we could get Victini...interestingly Victini has Vi in it's name aka 6 like how the V it did sign meant both peace and 5.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #1827    
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Ooh I would love for there to be another Victini event, mainly because all my other Victini I got from the past event had bad natures so I want a new Victini with a good nature. ;_; But that relating too makes sense really.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
  #1828    
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:19 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Ooh I would love for there to be another Victini event, mainly because all my other Victini I got from the past event had bad natures so I want a new Victini with a good nature. ;_; But that relating too makes sense really.
Not to mention you traded me one and never got it back (and you never will).

What about a sea urchin Pokémon, has that been done?
__________________
  #1829    
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:06 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Not to mention you traded me one and never got it back (and you never will).

What about a sea urchin Pokémon, has that been done?
Qwilfish is probably the closest thing we have to a sea urchin, but as we all know, he's actually based off of the blow up fish. Now that you mention it, however, I could see a sea urchin Pokémon being sort of like a pre-evolution to Qwilfish. While at the same time it can also get an evolution to complete its entire line and make him more useful to those who wish to use it.
  #1830    
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
JayTheKing's Avatar
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fortree City
Gender: Male
MAKE LEDIAN USEFULL!Seriously this has to be the worst fully evolved pokemon ever!
__________________


White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
  #1831    
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Same goes for Ariados, I really like these two but with a BST of 390 it makes them difficult to use. I'm hoping they can give them a few good moves and maybe even increase their BST to above 400.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #1832    
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Hm... Generation II Pokémon... if there were any of them that would get a Generation VI evolution... perhaps Corsola could have one?

If so, it would be interesting to see how it looks like.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
  #1833    
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Same goes for Ariados, I really like these two but with a BST of 390 it makes them difficult to use. I'm hoping they can give them a few good moves and maybe even increase their BST to above 400.
I'm only kind of doubting that would happen because there's a vastly superior spider in Galvantula already, so it wouldn't be necessary to boost up Ariados when you already have something immensely better anyway. u__u

As much as I like Ariados, I think it's own typing faults it from really reaching it's true potential, whether it has higher BSTs or not.
  #1834    
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'm only kind of doubting that would happen because there's a vastly superior spider in Galvantula already, so it wouldn't be necessary to boost up Ariados when you already have something immensely better anyway. u__u

As much as I like Ariados, I think it's own typing faults it from really reaching it's true potential, whether it has higher BSTs or not.
I disagree, actually. That's more or less saying, "Why try and improve on the old Pokémon when we can make stronger carbon copies of them instead? Yaaaaay!" Other than being both spiders and part Bug-types, Ariados and Galvantula don't really share that much in common. To say Ariados wouldn't [or shouldn't] receive some sort of upgrade, boost in stats or otherwise, because Galvantula is far superior is incorrect.

Whereas Galvantula may have a higher boost in Sp. Attack and Speed, Ariados outmatches it in its physical attack power. It's nice to have a choice of two Spider Pokémon where one is a physical hitter and the other a special hitter. Unfortunately, Ariados' other stats, specifically its speed, is very lacking and may hinder players from wanting to use it. All Ariados really needs is an evolution so it could at least be on par with its electrical comrade. It's equipped with a pretty decent movepool already.

Don't even get me started on Ledian. Poor bug has practically neglected since its creation. ):
  #1835    
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Livewire's Avatar
Livewire
League Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victory Road
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
In order to make up for the B/W powercreep, they should make a ton of evolutions for previous Gen (I-IV) Pokemon like they did for DPPT >:D

Make Ariados into a Shelob-looking thing from the Lord of the Rings with insane stats!
__________________
Hoenn Champion Steven wants to battle!
Aggron (Lv. 57) - Sturdy- (Iron Tail, Stone Edge)
Metagross (Lv. 59) - Clear Body - (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt)
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
  #1836    
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
JayTheKing's Avatar
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fortree City
Gender: Male
Talking about Bugs how about a roach pokemon?
__________________


White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
  #1837    
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd also like to see an evolution for Ledian. Something that gives it a good attack stat to make use of those punching moves.
__________________
  #1838    
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I'd also like to see an evolution for Ledian. Something that gives it a good attack stat to make use of those punching moves.
They'd have to give Ariados one as well. Spinarak and Ledyba were opposites in G/S/HG/SS appearing in the same places as the other in the other game. I still don't have Spinarak in SS, in fact.

Cyclone
__________________
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #1839    
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
They'd have to give Ariados one as well. Spinarak and Ledyba were opposites in G/S/HG/SS appearing in the same places as the other in the other game. I still don't have Spinarak in SS, in fact.

Cyclone
Although they should, they wouldn't have too, Mantine and Skarmory were opposites in the Johto games, and only Mantine got a pre-evolution in Gen IV.
__________________
  #1840    
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Sadly, I can't see a Ledian and Ariados evolution happening because like early route rodents/birds, early route bugs do not receive evolution, nor has there ever been any in the past five generations.
__________________
You better need a Leaf Shield.
  #1841    
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:06 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Sadly, I can't see a Ledian and Ariados evolution happening because like early route rodents/birds, early route bugs do not receive evolution, nor has there ever been any in the past five generations.
You're probably right, after all, there does need to be some just generally weak Pokémon.
__________________
  #1842    
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Although they should, they wouldn't have too, Mantine and Skarmory were opposites in the Johto games, and only Mantine got a pre-evolution in Gen IV.
I was actually thinking Skarmory needs a pre-evo.

Cyclone
__________________
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #1843    
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I disagree, actually. That's more or less saying, "Why try and improve on the old Pokémon when we can make stronger carbon copies of them instead? Yaaaaay!" Other than being both spiders and part Bug-types, Ariados and Galvantula don't really share that much in common. To say Ariados wouldn't [or shouldn't] receive some sort of upgrade, boost in stats or otherwise, because Galvantula is far superior is incorrect.

Whereas Galvantula may have a higher boost in Sp. Attack and Speed, Ariados outmatches it in its physical attack power. It's nice to have a choice of two Spider Pokémon where one is a physical hitter and the other a special hitter. Unfortunately, Ariados' other stats, specifically its speed, is very lacking and may hinder players from wanting to use it. All Ariados really needs is an evolution so it could at least be on par with its electrical comrade. It's equipped with a pretty decent movepool already.

Don't even get me started on Ledian. Poor bug has practically neglected since its creation. ):
Well, think about it this way: Why create Garchomp when Dragonite is already superior enough in both attack and bulk? That's how I see it. You can argue that Garchomp is superior because of Swords Dance and Sand Veil, but Dragonite has DD, and depending on how you look at it, both the attack and the speed boost can prove to be very beneficial overall in the end, along with Multiscale.

In case I'm still not making sense here, I'm arguing that, it's not just Ariados' stats that let it down, but it's typing is flat out horrible, and it's not just the 2x weak to Stealth Rock either, it's the heavy weakness to psychic as well as the pitiful weakness to fire as well as flying. Not only that, but Ariados doesn't really have anything to fight with, seeing that poison is every bit of a horrible physical type as it gets. If Ariados had some bug-physical version of Quiver Dance, then that would make up for 90% of it's faults(or more), but it lacks literally anything to boost it's mediocre stats. A base 90 attack can only take you so far before Intimidate just cripples you further without any way of regenerating that lost attack.

Not only that, but it's base 40 speed is just terrible, meaning that not even choice scarf can really save it. u__u Adding insult to injury, even if it got boosts in stats, it's also so easily walled by Regirock, Bastiodon, Armaldo even and god knows what else.

I'm not saying Ariados is beyond hope or anything. Galvantula solves the issues that Ariados doesn't because of the change in typing, and Electric is such a wonderful type as far as coverage goes, because it hits everything neutral except electric itself and ground, and whatever else it hits for super-effective damage. Galvantula faces(more or less) the same issues that Ariados does, but to a significantly lesser extent, because it actually has enough speed to strike first to deal damage rather than just sit there and die like Ariados does. .____. Well unless you have trick room support, but even then...

I wish that Ariados would get some sort of improvement in this generation because I really like the poor Spider. It just has so many disadvantages going for it, and it'd really be nice to see something improved, even if it's a tiny bit at least, it'll at least show that the underrated Pokemon aren't ignored in some fashion.

I suppose you could also reason that Ariados is the physical version of Galvantula, while the latter is the "special" version, so to speak. I do agree that if Ariados got a bit of help, that it would hopefully put it on some level of usefulness as Galvantula, but yeah, it'll certainly be a long road for the arachnid.

Last edited by Zorua; February 1st, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
  #1844    
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:58 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Maybe they could give it an evolution and a better ability, maybe one that ups the chance of status issues.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #1845    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Urugamosu's Avatar
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle

I saw this image, cause a lot of people on deviantart were posting it. Apparently it's a leak. What do you guys think?
__________________

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
  #1846    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hoenn Region
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
That bird Pokemon is cool, but I wonder what's that pink Pokemon's species (type)? That pink Pokemon looks cute.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
  #1847    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:20 PM
revere
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Nature: Relaxed
People on the server already shown me that. At first, I thought the bird sucked but it looks pretty cool now, tho the worm still sucks.
  #1848    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
How come the NEW is in english but the rest is in japanese...
The bird looks cool, though I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
__________________
Team Treecko
  #1849    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hoenn Region
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
How come the NEW is in english but the rest is in japanese...
I think Game Freak might reveal these two Pokemon's English name soon, since they start to be in sync in release date of Pokemon X and Y.
__________________
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
  #1850    
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:31 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Bug is interesting. Bird reminds me of a Robin for some odd reason.

I dunno how legit those are since its not that close to being the 15th.

Wonder if that could have been from the last one that no one uploaded since there were 6 missing pages.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.