The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
@zeffy
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Glaceon (+SpAtk) Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Charizard: 97.99% - 115.77% (87.5% chance to OHKO)

anyway@ regirock
Alomomola w/ leftovers
Impish, 252hp 252def, regenerator
waterfall
wish
protect
toxic

Comes in on any move, wears it down with toxic and waterfall, and wish+protect to stay alive
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
This is a bit like a forum game!

Victreebel w/ Life Orb
Adamant, 252 Atk / 252 Spe, Chlorophyll
~Swords Dance
~Leaf Blade
~Sucker Punch
~Sleep Powder

Victreebel's Grass/Poison typing makes it is immune to Toxic and resistant to Waterfall, and therefore can easily set up three Swords Dances and go for the KO if Alomomola doesn't switch.
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've got one!

Combusken @ Life Orb
Speed Boost
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature
~ Fire Blast
~ Focus Blast
~ Protect
~ Substitute

An awesome moveset for this chicken, Fire Blast is able to check the many Grass, Ice and Bug-types present in NU while Focus Blast allows it to deal with Rock, Dark and Normal-types. Substitute helps stop status conditions for a bit, while Protect is a handy way of getting Combusken's Speed Boost to trigger. Try it out if you want.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old January 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Yoshihiko
Moved back to SNOR(es)LAX

Nature: Lax
Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Roar
- Ice Beam

With its Surf, I am pretty sure its a sure OHKO.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshihiko View Post
Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Roar
- Ice Beam

With its Surf, I am pretty sure its a sure OHKO.
I'm not replying rn because I'm busy but I just want to correct this: Yeah no, Focus Blast has a 12% chance of OHKOing Lapras (if it hits) upon switching in and on the second turn Combusken will still kill it with Fire Blast to take the extra damage, or try Focus Blasting again because it outspeeds and if it misses it can just try to Focus Blast again in which it still may OHKO depending on the damage roll, and even if Combusken is behind a sub it'll still outspeed and likely could kill, so your only chance of surviving is luck, really. ;(

Counter this mon is for Pokemon that have safe switch-ins, rather than Pokemon that can just OHKO the other.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
(will counter Lapras):

Ampharos:
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Focus Blast
Nature: Modest
EVs: 208 HP/252 SAtk/48 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Static

Ampharos' decent special bulk lets it take a STAB move from Lapras, then retaliate with Thunderbolt or scout with Volt Switch.

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
enigmα.
Community Supporter

Countering Ampharos...

Golem @ Liechi Berry
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

With Ampharos's high SAtk, it should be able to OHKO Golem with Focus Blast/Hidden Power Ice if it didn't had Sturdy. The Liechi Berry boost then helps Earthquake to OHKO Ampharos.

Last edited by enigmα.; February 2nd, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
that golem is outsped and ohkoed and cannot switch in whatsoever if there are hazards up. by very definition, this is not a counter. you should also be using 252 atk / 252 spe (if you want a bulky rock setter then you should be using regirock) and rock blast over stone edge unless you enjoy being set up on by a load of things like sub ninjask or being pp stalled by subbu braviary. i also really like using custap berry + explosion over sucker punch, try that out next time you play with golem. normal gem is also a nice idea if your team really struggles with stuff like tangela / musharna or if you just want to get momentum going.

anyway to deal with ampharos: it's actually quite hard to find anything that can really switch in reliably because it has solid coverage and is rather strong, but piloswine can switch in on anything barring focus blast and ohko it with earthquake. you could also use something obnoxious like sdef ludicolo and stall it out with leech seed + giga drain but realistically you will never use that in an actual game

piloswine @ eviolite
thick fat
240 hp / 252 atk / 16 spe
adamant nature
- earthquake
- ice shard
- icicle spear / stone edge (if you have issues with regice / rotom-f, otherwise spear is superior)
- stealth rock
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Poliswine is quite strong with Earthquake + Stone Edge, buuut, I'd say that set is countered by Samurott. Samurott can take Ice Attacks attacks from it's typing, and it's overall bulk can take a Earthquake and Stone Edge on the switch in. It can outspeed and OHKO with a Waterfall.

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Waterfall
~ Aqua Jet
~ Swords Dance
~ Megahorn

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude

Frillish:
-Night Shade
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Taunt
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb

Frillish walls Samurott. Hard. The best Samurott can do to it is Megahorn. Frillish can cripple Samurott with Will-o-Wisp afterwards, and wear it down with Night Shade.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
@doronjo
252 Atk Life Orb Samurott (+Atk) Waterfall vs 240 HP/0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 62.09% - 73.32% (2 hits to KO), while 252 Atk Piloswine (+Atk) Earthquake vs 4 HP/0 Def Samurott: 51.66% - 61.03% (2 hits to KO), meaning that Piloswine wins if samurott has to switch in on eq.

Anyway,
Ursaring (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Toxic
Comes in on anything, isn't crippled by willo, and 2hkos with crunch
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Sawk can come in on any of Ursaring's moves due to sturdy. Sawk can then outspeed ursaring to OHKO with close combat.

252+ Atk Sawk Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ursaring: 530-626 (164.59 - 194.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Old April 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Yamask @Eviolite
Trait: Mummy
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 HP
- Night Shade
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze

Has Haze to distinguish itself from Misdreavus, preventing sweepers to set up on him. Night Shade breaks most non-normal subs. Easily defeats Sawk.

252Atk Mold Breaker Sawk (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Yamask (+Def): 22% - 26% (62 - 74 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links