The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Have you ever had a secret relationship? I'm talking romantic.

If so, why? What happened?
If not, how do you feel about secret relationships?
Old January 28th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
I had a very short online relationship with someone back in 2008, which was a secret, but I don't think it counts considering it didn't last long. I was kinda with someone in, I guess, an off and on situation, but it was online as well and I didn't tell my mom. It was never really official, so idk if it counts either.

The only people I'd keep my relationships a secret from are probably all my family members, except my dad, maw maw, and sister. And even then, I'd only keep online relationships secret until I could figure out how to tell them. Considering I'm 20 years old though, it's not like they could stop me.

Despite this, I'm not a big fan of secret relationships unless you have a decent enough reason. Just because a relationship is being kept secret doesn't mean it's one of those "oh you just don't care about them enough" deals. It's hard to keep a relationship a secret though...I mean damn, I wanna show off my boo. lol

Play the game to change the game
Old January 28th, 2013 (08:07 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Nope.

I don't really have much of an opinion. Short of certain circumstances, it doesn't seem like a problem to me.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 28th, 2013 (08:23 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Um, I suppose you could say I have a half-secret relationship? My family knows about it, but his doesn't, considering his family doesn't know he's bisexual.

How did it turn out? Well, we've been together four months and he broke up with me Saturday. We have talked A LOT about things since then. There's a lot of things going on, one of which being he's sort of questioning his sexuality, which I suppose is an issue for me if I want things to continue. >.>

So, I'm not particularly against secret relationships, especially if it's because your family doesn't know about your sexuality. (Technically speaking, my half of the relationship was also secret at first. Then my mom came to me about three days later and questioned me on my sexuality and I admitted to it. <.<) I'm not entirely for them, either. It kind of sucks having to keep such things secret, especially since it can be such an inconvenience when it's a secret you must keep from those you live with.

So, I'm neutral on the subject, I suppose.
Old January 28th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Had two online relationships before. Both were secret because my parents would have completely disagreed with the reasons for it.

First: With a boy named Scott (actually met him on here. Don't think he goes here anymore though) and my parents found out and busted me. Relationship fell apart after that.

Second: Girl named Rachel (again, used to go here, doesn't anymore) and we broke up because of a lot of reasons, one of them being that my parents might find out. Also I was very frustrated ATM.
Old January 29th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, and it lasted four years. To this day my mom still doesn't know anything about her. I've tried to bring her up twice since she passed away, but it just feels futile at this point.
Old January 29th, 2013 (09:45 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I had a really short online relationship that I was really quiet over. Nobody really knew... except for his friends though.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old January 30th, 2013 (02:06 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
No I haven't had one before
I believe it's kinda silly to have one as why wouldn't you want anyone to know you are in love ?
Old January 30th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've been in relationships where I haven't told people, mostly my parents, that I'm in a relationship. It's not in an effort to keep it a secret from them, but just something I'd bring up when I know the relationship has been going on for a good length of time to finally tell them or when I see things are getting more serious. I don't want it to be like I end up in this new relationship, tell everyone about it, and then a week later it's over. That's happened before.

In 7th grade, however, I had a girlfriend who I had been with for a good while, but we couldn't tell her parents because they wouldn't allow her to have a boyfriend at the time. Unfortunately, living in a small town where everyone knows everyone, that didn't stay secret for long and we had to break up because of it. We stayed good friends though.

Ultimately, I'm indifferent about the topic. I feel like if you love someone, why hide that? If you have a good reason to keep it a secret though, then I respect that. However, there comes a time when a relationship just shouldn't be kept a secret anymore otherwise why are you in a relationship with someone you can't admit publicly?
Old January 31st, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Yoshikkko

It wasn't so much a relationship but at one point me and a guy from my class suddenly liked eachother and did some things but we decided not to pursue it because it was too hard to keep it a secret from the whole class lol. And I didn't want to do that either.

team super cotton ×
Old February 1st, 2013 (04:32 PM).
Doppelgänger
Merry Christmas!
Community Supporter

Yes, in fact, I was in a secret romantic relationship earlier this year. When I say secret, I mean that I never told my parents or friends about it. We just didn't want it to be a super serious thing. Anyway, we called it off a few weeks ago. Not going to go into details.
Old February 1st, 2013 (11:17 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Not really. But like Drakow, if I see one more love thread, you guys will make me kill myself xD Just kidding, I wouldn't do that
*Love thread*
*Gunshot* xD
Anyways, if anything maybe the short thing with Checkers? Idk :P xD
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I haven't told my parents about the guy I'm currently seeing. They know I'm gay but the reason I'm hiding it from them is because if they knew I was seeing someone they'd start asking questions about how I met him, and telling them that I met him on Grindr is not an option lol.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:35 PM).
BeachBoy
S P A R K of madness
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
From my own experiences, secret relationships are a bad idea. Of course, it's exciting and all at first, but it's also exhausting.

I wished I showed off the gal I had. While I like to keep my relationship more like a secret because I don't like the whole world know our business, I feel like I personally invest myself into someone else the more it's seen. Does that make sense? It's like, the more people that now, the more I'm held accountable. This doesn't change my actions by any drastic measures, but any type of reinforcement is good.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:49 PM).
daigonite
Don't be afraid of the dark
Community Supporter

I'm very vocal about my personal life so nothing is really secret with me >.>

Sponsored Links