The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Possibly, it'll make the most sense if these are from the last issue, either that or this is one of the earliest leaks yet or of course they could be fake.
I think the bird is a robin. If these are real they're most like our resident early bird and bug.
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:50 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I like the bird, it looks like it won't take nothing from no one.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:19 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

If that image is fake, it's one of the best fakes I've seen. It appears to have static images of each character (I won't say Pokémon quite yet until we know) coupled with an in-game action shot of each. This could be a preview of one of the pages in an upcoming magazine and could be legit.

We'll see by next month I suppose!

EDIT: On close-up inspection, I don't see an obvious Photoshopping spot. Additionally, there appear to be measurements for each character, and a ??? where I believe a Pokémon number belongs (not decided yet obviously, though we could speculate the bird is likely 659 and the bug 662 or something along those lines, with 650-658 clearly going to the starters unless another Victini-esque legendary precedes). Also, notice the wood table creeping up along the right side towards the top where the page ends. Unless the real page is from another magazine and a better Photoshop examination proves this to be false, I'm inclined to believe this one. That's your bird and bug, folks.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; February 1st, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM
Forever
let it go

I want them BOTH. But sadly, chances are they're fake and thus we'll be left disappointed. Please GF, give me the bird. Pretty please?? That'd be an amazing regional bird~~
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:25 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'm curious to see how long after their reveal in Japanese they will be in English.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:31 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I'm curious to see how long after their reveal in Japanese they will be in English.
Thus far they've updated on the same day as the releases irc, so likely on the 15th as that's the day it's suppose to come out (unless this is from last issue than I would guess some time before the 15th).
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:40 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
If it's the real deal, the bird looks great! The bug thing looks rad too.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:43 PM
Community Supporter

I imagine the bug evolving into a heart shaped pink butterfly.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:46 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I imagine the bug evolving into a heart shaped pink butterfly.
Omg yesss. It could be called Hartter. Heart > Hart and Flutter > tter! It'd be strong specially and fasttt. Nooo now I'm going to want this too bad :(
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do like how the new bird is more colorful than the past gen birds, but Game Freak please give its final evolution some Staraptor-esque stats. There hasn't been any useful regional birds apart from Staraptor you know.

I like the new bug too, about time we had a pink bug that isn't Burmy/Wormadam Trash Cloak.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:54 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I do like how the new bird is more colorful than the past gen birds, but Game Freak please give its final evolution some Staraptor-esque stats. There hasn't been any useful regional birds apart from Staraptor you know.

I like the new bug too, about time we had a pink bug that isn't Burmy/Wormadam Trash Cloak.
You forgot about Wurmple (thought it is more of a reddish pink)?
I too hope it'll be more useful, Unova's regional bird was disappointing despite being a three stage bird. Speaking of regionals It'll be nice if Nocowl and Swellow got final forms.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:58 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post

I hope at least they give it some sort of coverage move, like how Staraptor has Close Combat. I'd make it a lot better.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
You forgot about Wurmple (thought it is more of a reddish pink)?
I too hope it'll be more useful, Unova's regional bird was disappointing despite being a three stage bird. Speaking of regionals It'll be nice if Nocowl and Swellow got final forms.
I think those two are good enough how they are. :( Like many Pokemon that were stopped at generations ago, there's a chance their evolutions could suck and I'm not sure if we really should be risking that tbh. Then again it's up to GF, so w/e lmao.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:14 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think those two are good enough how they are. Like many Pokemon that were stopped at generations ago, there's a chance their evolutions could suck and I'm not sure if we really should be risking that tbh. Then again it's up to GF, so w/e lmao.
Well I liked all of the past generation evolutions introduced in Sinnoh so I'll likely like these two if they were to do them.
Swellow needs more power, while Nocowl needs more speed and special attack.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:28 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well I liked all of the past generation evolutions introduced in Sinnoh so I'll likely like these two if they were to do them.
Swellow needs more power, while Nocowl needs more speed and special attack.
Swellow w/Guts is actually pretty good. It just needs a good coverage move.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:41 AM
Forever
let it go

Swellow's strong enough as it is really. Noctowl could use improvement yeah, but Swellow's perfectly good for NU and there's stronger things such as Staraptor suitable for the higher tiers really. Let Swellow die where it is AHAHAHA.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I hope these turn out to be legit, I'm especially liking the Bird Pokémon.

Asylum
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That there son is a fake, a properly made fake, but a fake nonetheless. If its made its rounds on DA, then its probably like the Cactowl one, and that BW starter page with the dolphin and panda. The page is also too clean, the makers of these always use a simple black background instead of a proper CoroCoro style mess, and the O that gets under the beam of light should have faded properly if this is a professional magazine. And don't make me laugh at how the top is completely straight, but the bottom has an illusional curve added to it by poor shopping skills to make it look real. The reflectibe light properties are also baked into the paper as well. Sorry guys, while they look awesome, there is no way from this early such a scan would have come out.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
That there son is a fake, a properly made fake, but a fake nonetheless. If its made its rounds on DA, then its probably like the Cactowl one, and that BW starter page with the dolphin and panda. The page is also too clean, the makers of these always use a simple black background instead of a proper CoroCoro style mess, and the O that gets under the beam of light should have faded properly if this is a professional magazine. And don't make me laugh at how the top is completely straight, but the bottom has an illusional curve added to it by poor shopping skills to make it look real. The reflectibe light properties are also baked into the paper as well. Sorry guys, while they look awesome, there is no way from this early such a scan would have come out.
Daym that's a lot of analysis! Buuuut yeah I figured it was fake, but still being hopeful was nice ;_; I do hope the next CoroCoro does reveal new mons tho.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Not to mention, I don't think CoroCoro had ever used the English word "NEW" whenever they're revealing something... well, new. Just comparing it to last month's scans alone with Yveltal and Xerneas, you can tell there's a big difference in the actual scan and this one. Plus, it's still quite early I would think before new CoroCoro scans for this month start popping up.

Whoever made this though, they did a pretty good job with the 3D rendering and making that look pretty believable. But deviantArt? Not exactly he best primary source to find these things and turn out real.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah I thought the same about new but I just assumed there was a logical explanation for that and we'd get the mons we wanted :x But nevertheless from the starters designs I think the designs of the other Pokemon will most likely be awesome too.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Daym that's a lot of analysis! Buuuut yeah I figured it was fake, but still being hopeful was nice ;_; I do hope the next CoroCoro does reveal new mons tho.
Not disproving the fakeness as I think its fake as well, but there was more analysis in the one where the fans had "proved" Gen 5's leaked Starter Final Evolutions to be fake. Then a month later we all found out that they were real.

One of the biggest "flaws" found was the type of paper and presentation of the Pokemon at that time. Over analyzing Pokemon news always gives a headache. XD

I'm sticking with, its fake until a proper source posts that it is true. So until Pokemon.com post it all info is fake to me.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh right I remember lmao. I secretly hope it turns out like that, too :( But even so we won't know anything for sure until the 15th which is almost 2 weeks away, ugh!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Don't worry, they've been confirmed as fakes. :/
Here.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Aw, really? D=

I loved that bird! And that caterpiller! But oh well. I doubt that this will reveal anything new, but isn't pokemon smash tonight?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here