Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire there was a Master Ball available in the Aqua/Magma Hideout near Lilycove City. It was found in a room with two Electrode and a Nugget. The problem was if you didn't get the Master Ball before defeating the evil team, then the hideout would be sealed and you could never get it again (well there was the lottery, but that's not the point). This was fixed in Emerald as the hideout remained open. My question is, did you get the Master Ball in your first playthrough, or did you miss it? Where would have been a better place for the Master Ball?

Discuss!
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I MISSED IT OMG. That's one complaint I have about RSE. I feel like the Master Ball should be a major gift from someone important. Having it in a random room you could possibly miss is just...not nice. I understand that it was there for a reason, possibly for Maxie/Archie to use on their respective legendary, but maybe at least making that room a required room to go in would have helped. I think it's just more suited to be a gift, not something you find or don't find.

paired to crono
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:41 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME TOO! When I found out it was there I raced back and was shattered to find you could no longer get it. Steven should've given it to you on your way into the Hall of Origin in my opinion.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

YES. See, that would have worked. If they wanted to show you that Archie/Maxie had a Master Ball, wouldn't it have been better to have it like...set up as a display in the office where you find it? I think that would have been a creative way to think "oh no they have a Master Ball!" instead of finding it (hopefully anyway) and picking it up. That was just mean. I get what they were going for, but one of the most important items in the game shouldn't be permanently missable.

paired to crono
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I've found the Master Ball in my first play-through, as I was exploring the whole place. I wasn't even aware that the place becomes sealed later. But I agree that it was a bad choice to make it like that.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
King_21
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Pokemon Ruby is the only game that I keep resting when I beat it and I never missed the master ball not even once .

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
I never miss the Master Ball during my Playthrough of the third generation, but unlike my younger self, I never use the Master Ball. I treat it as my treasure item.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I missed the master ball in my first playthrough of emerald as I did not know where it was. In next playthrough I found it and kicked myself for being stupid.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
I missed the master ball in my first playthrough of emerald as I did not know where it was. In next playthrough I found it and kicked myself for being stupid.
i've done that. missed something important, only to realize it was right in front of my face. made me feel like an idiot. i got my 1st copy of Sapphire when i was young (don't know HOW young), and actually MISSED the stupid Master Ball. then i looked in my Bag AFTER i left and i thought "wait...where's the Master Ball?". but it was too late. place was already sealed...i was furious with myself. that never happened again.
95% of all Pokémon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed.
If you believe that the 2nd generation should be hacked more often,
copy and paste this into your signature

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Seppy
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Didn't miss it, but i have to agree with you guys about the method you obtain it.
I remember the old games that the ball was given to you as one of the final prizes. When i played the third generation and found myself in that room, searching for items, and found myself with a Master Ball, i asked myself why. It could of been possible that the team Aqua wanted to use it ti capture Kyogre, but you could have obtained it after beating the grunt before the submarine, or else when you get out, they seal the place, and give it to you as a reward.
This signature has been disabled.
Your signature exceeds the height limit. Max height is 350px.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I'm glad I had the habit of going through every square inch of caves and buildings back then, because I understand how easy it would be to miss the Master Ball (just wish I would have held on to it rather than using on Latias right away).

If I were just playing through Sapphire for the first time today, it wouldn't surprise me if I did end up missing it, and not realizing until much later on.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I found it the first time, but I have to say I kinda like that they make you work for it. I think it would be cool to have a couple masterballs hidden in different, very difficult to find, places in the came. Mind you I might not have enjoyed it as much, had I not found it lol
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
This was my favorite method of getting the Master Balls, it was a little more difficult this time IMO and I think there was an occasion in Sapphire when I accidentally forgot to pick it up ;;
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:31 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I missed the Master Ball in my first playthrough of Sapphire, but I managed to take it the next time around; I used it on Kyogre. In Emerald, I used it on Latios.

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
The_Consumer

I got it but I do think that it was hidden away. You could have easily forgotten about it. I feel a better way of obtaining it would have been by Steven giving it to you. Or Professor Birch.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Apollo
誰か

Nature: Hasty
I knew about it, but couldn't find it. I tried another attempt to find it again, but it was sealed
just stay strong
'cause you know i'm here for you
i'm here for you
family | vm
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I generally try to explore every nook and cranny when I'm playing so I did manage to get the Master Ball on Emerald, but I think that was just luck lol
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic155452_1.gif
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
I actually got it the first time, because when I saw the room with four "items" I got all excited and had to find that place asap ahaha. I did however miss it the second time, somehow...
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

I got it the first time, but by all rights I should have missed it. I ended up getting lost, and finding it by accident. I feel like there should have been some side quest like the meteorite or deep sea scanner one, but longer. I did actually get one in the lottery, but that was only when I was trying to show my friend how I never won anything from that lottery. Kind of ironic.
anCay ouyay eakspay igpay atinlay? Ifay osay easeplay m.p.ay
emay enthay opycay anday astepay isthay inay ouryay ignaturesay.

Last edited by sab; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I found it by accident, but was glad anyway.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
I did not miss the Master Ball. I always explore an area thoroughly for all items before leaving. It wouldn't make a difference to me if Game Freak would have made it easier to obtain the Master Ball, because I love exploring in the games by default.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Optimus L7
The Hero Gotham Deserves.

Nature: Jolly
I hadn't missed it, but a couple of saves after I had accidentally used it for a less valuable Pokemon. :c
I think Game Freak made a good decision of mixing things up a little bit though.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Found it on the first time. Its funny, because I was about to skip the room when my bro saw me playing and told me, "Dude, go back into that room, there might be something important in there!" He had never played the game before, so it was pretty ironic and funny.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:16 PM
Caelus
Gone

I found it on my first playthrough. I didn't play the previous games so I didn't know they used to hand the masterball to you and I check every pokeball I find so it caught me by surprise when it said I found a masterball.
-
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:24 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I always check all pokeballs/items on the ground in all places, so missing it is a definite no-no.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links