The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
i found a NEW problem. the road just before Sunset City now has the same problems that we had before. Trainers and everything. up until then it's fine, but when you get close to that road, and then get onto it, you have problems. I battled Rose and got the normal amount of exp, but every trainer AFTER her only gave 1 exp. the Pokemon were fine until just before Sunset city.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Discord.

Send a message via Skype™ to Discord.
i like the changes you made but i'm still getting the 1 EXP problem,and i have no idea how to get to Maxie
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
i found a NEW problem. the road just before Sunset City now has the same problems that we had before. Trainers and everything. up until then it's fine, but when you get close to that road, and then get onto it, you have problems. I battled Rose and got the normal amount of exp, but every trainer AFTER her only gave 1 exp. the Pokemon were fine until just before Sunset city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectL View Post
i like the changes you made but i'm still getting the 1 EXP problem,and i have no idea how to get to Maxie
Ok, so can both of you tell me exactly which pokémon only gain 1 exp? Otherwise I'm clueless as to why this is happening.

@ProjectL, one of the grunts moves the boulders when you beat him, you have to find out which one...
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Discord.

so far Numen and Pochiena. try checking the pokemon.txt file
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
the game looks good and I wanna play it but the walk animation for both male and female is so annoying, and the run walk cycle for gary is seriously bad
and your mom says "He'll be over there" even when I chose the girl player e.e
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusolaifdfer View Post
the game looks good and I wanna play it but the walk animation for both male and female is so annoying, and the run walk cycle for gary is seriously bad
and your mom says "He'll be over there" even when I chose the girl player e.e
Ok, so when you have something constructive to say, feel free to share...

Until then, stop insulting my game - there is nothing annoying or wrong about the walk/run cycle and, as a matter of fact, you are the only person who has commented on it. If you think you can do better, then feel free to try.

The bug that you mentioned has already been fixed.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:33 AM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Ok, so when you have something constructive to say, feel free to share...

Until then, stop insulting my game - there is nothing annoying or wrong about the walk/run cycle and, as a matter of fact, you are the only person who has commented on it. If you think you can do better, then feel free to try.

The bug that you mentioned has already been fixed.
Alright sorry for offending you but I wasn't even insulting your game, the walk cycle isn't smooth and I tried with both male and female I wouldn't if the game was bad -.-
But OK fine, I can't do better so blahh.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
Rayquaza, so far EVERY one of of my Pokemon has gained only 1 exp with all trainers i have battled. and with all Pokemon near Sunset City.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Rayquaza.

Well I'm fixing every pokemon so that this doesn't happen, if it continues to happen after then I have no idea why.

EDIT: Updated the link again.

Last edited by Rayquaza.; January 27th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Um, not trying to seem rude or anything, but when I extract the files from the .zip, only the folder "Fonts" and the Game.exe show up.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Um, not trying to seem rude or anything, but when I extract the files from the .zip, only the folder "Fonts" and the Game.exe show up.
Yep, that's the idea. It plays just fine that way.

Also I've just re-updated the demo with more exp fixes and graphic fixes.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
How far does this game go? Screenshots look great.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Rayquaza.

Thanks. Unfortunately it's a mess past route 4, so you can't go beyond that point.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

Do you think I could be a beta tester or something?

Old January 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Yep, that's the idea. It plays just fine that way.

Also I've just re-updated the demo with more exp fixes and graphic fixes.
Ok thanks, the only reason it concerned me was because I wanted to put some of my own music into the BGM folder for Audio.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Rayquaza.

I guess so, it may be painfully slow for me to fix bugs that you pick up though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Ok thanks, the only reason it concerned me was because I wanted to put some of my own music into the BGM folder for Audio.
Why would you need to to that?

Last edited by Rayquaza.; January 27th, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Discord.

good way to fix all the EXP +bugs would be to download the Pokemon Essentials and then just replace the data of pokemon up to and including Genosect. even tough it would be a problem if you had changed some moves pokemon may learn or anything else
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectL View Post
good way to fix all the EXP +bugs would be to download the Pokemon Essentials and then just replace the data of pokemon up to and including Genosect. even tough it would be a problem if you had changed some moves pokemon may learn or anything else
Well the problem is that there are 160 out of 649 pokémon in the game, meaning that it is a real pain to fix because it took ages to compile a PBS document of 160 Pokémon in the first place.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Well the problem is that there are 160 out of 649 pokémon in the game, meaning that it is a real pain to fix because it took ages to compile a PBS document of 160 Pokémon in the first place.
I know that pain. At first I tried doing this, and realized it was hopeless, so I just made it a regional dex. It might be worth it, even if it does take forever.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Juutalainen
Unhatched Egg

Don't know if this has been asked or reported before but I have an error when i first battle the rival It lags for a while and it restarts saying that the script is hanging.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Rayquaza.

Unless it is off already, press F1 while playing the game and turn off reduce screen flickering and smooth mode.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Discord.

that can actually happen with all battles but it is really rare,the game also saves before it shuts it down and starts the battle right after restarting it so it's not really that much of an problem
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:27 AM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

Rayquaza. hasn't updated in about a week... Wonder what he's up to, hopefully working beyond the bounderies of the demo.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Rayquaza.

Sure have, been very busy...

I want to present this today; it is a 'season difference' screenshot, hope you like it...

I'm considering inserting a season script into this game, if anyone knows where to find a fully functional one that'd be great.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Discord.

seasons sound like great idea,if anybody finds it i would also like to have the script

Sponsored Links

Advertise here