The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Are these false or real? They look fake-ish to me, but I'm not sure. The ones in the Pokemon Direct footage had an outline on them and it looks like Zebstrika is floating xP
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Fake. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y use Cell Shaded 3D Art renderings, not computer generated ones like in those gifs. Other than that, the battle format is wrong as well.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
Awsoomme graphics!!
HOPE THAT TRUE
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-ourad View Post
Awsoomme graphics!!
HOPE THAT TRUE
This is what it looks like.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I agree with Xander, it seems to be computer generated opposed to Cel shaded art like what we saw in the trailer.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Xander's right, this image is fake.

The one in the video is what the battles will look like in-game.

Also, that's a Blitzle. Not Zebstrika.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
this actually could be an early beta. games don't always look the same in develepment as they do when they're released. and it even said in the trailer "game footage not final". where did you get this clip? it would probably be easier to tell if its real or fake by the source.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
That's completely differt to what we've already seen in the recent trailer, thats just a buffed up version of the Black and White Battle Scene.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
this actually could be an early beta. games don't always look the same in develepment as they do when they're released. and it even said in the trailer "game footage not final". where did you get this clip? it would probably be easier to tell if its real or fake by the source.
That warning came up only for the parts with Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower and the parts with Xerneas and Yveltal if I recall. As for the actual battle footage, that is in-game beta footage. They wouldn't show us the in game play with cel shaded work and then switch to a full computer generated image.

Pikachu, Yveltal and Xerneas used different 3D technology than the rest of the game did and those parts weren't part of the game footage.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Quote:
Found it on Tumblr. I also thought it was maybe rough animation but like the person above me says, it looks just like a souped-up, 3D version of Black and White battle animation.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Yamiidenryuu

... Something about that Blitzle's model looks off. The head looks... flat. It's kinda creeping me out. D:

But yeah, we already know what the battles look like- all 3D, and much better than that. Thankfully.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
That warning came up only for the parts with Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower and the parts with Xerneas and Yveltal if I recall. As for the actual battle footage, that is in-game beta footage. They wouldn't show us the in game play with cel shaded work and then switch to a full computer generated image.

Pikachu, Yveltal and Xerneas used different 3D technology than the rest of the game did and those parts weren't part of the game footage.
it doesn't matter when it said "game footage not final" it's talking all the game footage. kind of like how car commercials where the car drives off a cliff will say "do not attempt" at the beginning of it and then goes away, its talking about the whole thing. but thats not really the point. they don't work on graphics first and the rest later, its all being worked on at the same time. i can't find the video at the moment but there's a video on the development of the first epic mickey game.
the mickey in it didn't look at all like the one in the real game, i don't think it even had eyes, the point of that video was to show the game mechanics so far. that said, if this is a gif from tumblr, its probably fake.

"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Klangs name appears to be missing a character, and it's also marked as female. Of course it's fake.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I identified this as a fake before the second frame even loaded. Based on what's been seen, that's a HORRIBLE fake.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I identified this as a fake before the second frame even loaded. Based on what's been seen, that's a HORRIBLE fake.

Cyclone
guys! really! stop saying thats the reason its fake! believe it or not, this REALLY IS how games look before being completed. making the graphics look nice are what they do last with the acception of enough footage to make a trailer.

alright, did a little more research via that nifty google search by image tool and i haven't found any video or even another picture to go with it. looks like its fake.

Last edited by roosterman; February 2nd, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

^ To respond to your comment, I did find it on Tumblr but I don't know it's original source. It wasn't directly from Tumblr, someone just dug it up and posted it. That's what Tumblr does lol. The minute something is released count on it being posted and circulated around the site xD I'm not even sure if it's a prototype or fan-made but my opinion is that it's fan-made.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
guys! really! stop saying thats the reason its fake! believe it or not, this REALLY IS how games look before being completed. making the graphics look nice are what they do last with the acception of enough footage to make a trailer.
The most that would change is the quality. There is no reason to use a completely different graphics system in a beta, the whole purpose of a beta is to test things for release. The interface is that of Black & White 1, and there are multiple errors in the details of the Pokemon. It's a bad fake. Just like the CoroCoro scan going around yesterday.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Can't believe people think this is true when the Pokémon Direct video CLEARLY showed how the battles are going to be like...

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
it doesn't matter when it said "game footage not final" it's talking all the game footage. kind of like how car commercials where the car drives off a cliff will say "do not attempt" at the beginning of it and then goes away, its talking about the whole thing. but thats not really the point. they don't work on graphics first and the rest later, its all being worked on at the same time. i can't find the video at the moment but there's a video on the development of the first epic mickey game.
the mickey in it didn't look at all like the one in the real game, i don't think it even had eyes, the point of that video was to show the game mechanics so far. that said, if this is a gif from tumblr, its probably fake.
Quote:

alright, did a little more research via that nifty google search by image tool and i haven't found any video or even another picture to go with it. looks like its fake.
Believe it or not, no that is not how beta art is. I've assisted in making games before and have seen others make games before. Beta work is worse that what is posted. Those are fake because of many reasons, most notably they are in the wrong style.

Cell Shaded animations are not done with the same CGI animations that the posted ones in the original post are. The battle footage and footage of the player running around IS what the actual game play is going to look like.

The Beta for B/W and the final product for B/W were not that different in overall quality. Only difference between a lot of the beta work and finished product then was the finished had more images inserted to take up blank space. The Pokemon Center in Castellia was just a giant black building over a small red section. The finish version made the outside of the Pokemon Center seem much larger than the inside seemed.

The only parts that were not part of actual game footage were the parts I said as they used different CGI style than the game play footage which was why they were listed. What was posted was a Fan's attempt to create a 3D game using Pokemon as the grade is much lower that what we have been shown as official beta presentations.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Believe it or not, no that is not how beta art is. I've assisted in making games before and have seen others make games before. Beta work is worse that what is posted. Those are fake because of many reasons, most notably they are in the wrong style.

Cell Shaded animations are not done with the same CGI animations that the posted ones in the original post are. The battle footage and footage of the player running around IS what the actual game play is going to look like.

The Beta for B/W and the final product for B/W were not that different in overall quality. Only difference between a lot of the beta work and finished product then was the finished had more images inserted to take up blank space. The Pokemon Center in Castellia was just a giant black building over a small red section. The finish version made the outside of the Pokemon Center seem much larger than the inside seemed.

The only parts that were not part of actual game footage were the parts I said as they used different CGI style than the game play footage which was why they were listed. What was posted was a Fan's attempt to create a 3D game using Pokemon as the grade is much lower that what we have been shown as official beta presentations.
first off, just let me say that 3D models are a whole different ball game then sprites.
i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif. and the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I think I remember seeing this back before B/W was coming out. Looks Familiar, so I don't think this is beta stuff for X/Y.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
first off, just let me say that 3D models are a whole different ball game then sprites.
i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif. and the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown
The "Game Play not as shown" was for the two specific parts mentioned. It wouldn't show twice if it were for the whole video, instead it would have remained or appeared at each point or more consecutively than it did. It is in no way the same as your example before as what you posted was a danger disclaimer that they put to avoid lawsuits should anyone be dumb enough to drive their car off of a cliff.

B/W's Background was also 3D rendered not sprited. They started using different art techniques for their games around mid Gen 4, but the actual overworld Background was different than the sprite and pixel art used for items, characters, Pokemon and battles.

The game footage is possibly going to change slightly as it may become cleaner, even still there isn't going to be any major changes to what we have already seen. Pikachu, Xerneas, and Yveltal are the only parts that may be drastically different. Game play wise is going to look as it does in the trailer with Cell Shaded art which is what the key factor in the gifs being fake is. They would not have made that trailer if the games were going to look like the gifs do. Not to mention the Gifs are already a backwards step. If they already made the video then the actual gameplay is already done and is being beta tested for bugs and filled in right now as we wait for release.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
The "Game Play not as shown" was for the two specific parts mentioned. It wouldn't show twice if it were for the whole video, instead it would have remained or appeared at each point or more consecutively than it did. It is in no way the same as your example before as what you posted was a danger disclaimer that they put to avoid lawsuits should anyone be dumb enough to drive their car off of a cliff.

B/W's Background was also 3D rendered not sprited. They started using different art techniques for their games around mid Gen 4, but the actual overworld Background was different than the sprite and pixel art used for items, characters, Pokemon and battles.

The game footage is possibly going to change slightly as it may become cleaner, even still there isn't going to be any major changes to what we have already seen. Pikachu, Xerneas, and Yveltal are the only parts that may be drastically different. Game play wise is going to look as it does in the trailer with Cell Shaded art which is what the key factor in the gifs being fake is. They would not have made that trailer if the games were going to look like the gifs do. Not to mention the Gifs are already a backwards step. If they already made the video then the actual gameplay is already done and is being beta tested for bugs and filled in right now as we wait for release.
lets take a look at my post, shall we?

"i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif."

there's no need to bring up it being fake and that the gif would be a step backwards because it's already been discussed.

"the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown"

i would encourage you to watch the video again because it shows that notice ONCE.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

It's definitely fake, the trailer showed a much more different sort of gameplay and the Pokémon's 3D models in the battle scene were cel-shaded than what was shown in that .gif animation.

That .gif image was probably made much more earlier in time, probably even before Black Version 2 and White Version 2 were made, probably just to show the speculated Pokémon Grey Version and demonstrating how it would've looked like if it was on the Nintendo 3DS. It's just like other fanmade images that surfaced from certain fan websites.

Either way, I much prefer the one from the trailer, it was much more nicer and the camera could turn around.

Edit: Wait! Hold on, the .gif image is actually from a YouTube video! Here it is:

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
"the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little.
That's not even remotely close to why its there. They won't get in trouble even if they didn't have that notice and changed how the graphics look. Compared to your example you are comparing Apples to Oranges. There is no law that states that they have to have that there unlike a car commercial that shows people driving recklessly.

On Pikachu, Yveltal, and Xerneas it says, "Does not represent actual game footage."

That means, that in no way, shape, or form are those parts part of the gameplay.

I did misread part of what you were saying, yes just as you completely misread my posts as well, but "Game footage not final" simply means that there will be tweeks and small changed to actual game footage. What we have depicting actual game play is what we are going to get as actual game play. Only difference is that it will be cleaner, they may add in more colors to the pallet to give it a more vibrant look, and that they may add more to the scenery. Sometimes areas that appear in the footage don't appear in actual game play or small visual parts will be changed like say the Statue with the Knight, Golurk, Plapitoad, and Eevee. They may change a Pokemon on it, add a Pokemon to it. They may change how the water looks, or what shade the color of the grass looks like.

It will not look remotely close to the GIFs posted as they are two vastly different styles of art. That would require a complete reworking of the entire game just to adjust the codes to read the different style correctly as well as transition the the animations correctly. Every bit of artwork that appears on the screen has its own code and works together with the other codes through one core code that holds them all together.

The GIFs are not Beta art either as those are not leaked to the public before game release and they would not be moving, rather they'd have been screenshots of how the attacks would look or how the Pokemon looked. The battle plates don't exist in a lot of Pokemon Beta work, for them to show its near a final working point. There are many other things about the GIFs that have not been mentioned by myself that confirm it is fake. Someone else already said Klink's name is misspelled and is listed as a "Female" Pokemon. That sort of mess up does not exist in Beta work as Pokemon are individually coded and tested as images before they test battle capabilities of the graphics.

Yes they are fake.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links