The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Back in BW days we saw a flash of two females in one of the first promos of the games. These females turned out to be the Goddesses Anthea and Concordia. They were pretty irrelevant in BW so I, and I'm sure plenty of others, expected more from them in B2W2. Nope. Nothing.

With great designs and names they were certainly wasted potential on GameFreak's part. What did you wish GameFreak would have done with them storyline wise?
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Back in BW days we saw a flash of two females in one of the first promos of the games. These females turned out to be the Goddesses Anthea and Concordia. They were pretty irrelevant in BW so I, and I'm sure plenty of others, expected more from them in B2W2. Nope. Nothing.

With great designs and names they were certainly wasted potential on GameFreak's part. What did you wish GameFreak would have done with them storyline wise?
Actually Anthea and Concordia are in Black 2 and White 2. You can find them in Team Plasma's Safehouse in Driftveil City. They give a little backstory about N but that's about it though.

To be honest I did not notice that they were there until I played Black 2 haha, I managed to completely miss them every time I watched the introduction on my Black. So obviously I couldn't have expected much from them storyline-wise.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Arlo

I noticed those characters the first time I went through the castle in White, but didn't pay a lot of attention. I just noted that they were unique character designs instead of just grunts. The second time through, on a solo run of White, I paid more attention, then later looked them up online.

I've seen no official details on them, but I would assume they were either meant to have more of a role in the first games and ended up just filling in a bit of backstory, or started out as character designs without a set purpose and were included in the games just because the devs liked the designs. In any case, they don't seem to have as much of a role in the games as they could've had.

In BW2, I thought they were actually pretty obviously included - standing right in the middle of the house in Driftveil. I assumed they were included because they have a fandom, and that their lack of any significant role in the story is sort of moot - it was simply, in the non-provocative sense of the term, fanservice. I guess I would've liked to have seen them have more of a role in the second games (and even the first), but I don't have any idea what that role might've been. They're just intriguing enough characters that they caught my attention, so I would've liked to have learned some more about them.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Esper

I was a little weird for them to have names and unique designs and then nothing much else. That's not common in Pokemon games so it does feel like a little tease. If there were more unique character designs spread around the games for non-important characters it wouldn't seem so out of place, but I certainly expected that they would battle you, or have some kind of recurring importance to the games. At least for them to interact with the other Plasma characters.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I did think it was a bit weird, why did they have special character designs and names when they barely played any part in the story? Why couldn't they just have regular sprites? I wish Gamefreak had either done something with them or just demoted them a little bit.

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
-looks at Bluerang's avatar-

They say that Anthea and Concordia shouldn't play a bigger role in the game.

However....I DISAGREE.

--

Anyway, they SHOULD play a bigger role. Who knows? They might return later in X and Y, but it's not likely :/

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I felt really sad, given I loved Anthea and Concordia's designs and the fact they only appear in a certain building in Driftveil City where ex-Team Plasma hang out was disappointing.

If only they had a bigger role in the game I would have enjoyed it better.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I was honestly a little irritated that they had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline at all. Regardless of who wants to argue that they were N's guardians, who gives a Hell? Anyone could have been his guardians, but for some reason they designed specific people to watch over him and they did NOTHING with them. In Black 2 and White 2 they are nothing more than two civilians. Literally, that's it.
Nothing about them is special other than their designs and names, so yeah, I think they were really just wastes of data in the long run. :c
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here