The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
daigonite's Avatar
daigonite
Ninjas Against Bottomless Pits
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: With the Birds
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Well I was offering since usually Pokemon games have soundtracks reaching over 80 songs but if you're cool, you're cool.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I mean, if you want to, send me a PM with some of your work. I am just really happy with the quality of work I am getting. If you can match it I would be very welcome to your help.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I decided to go with new player graphics. I still plan on recoloring them. I am really happy with my new surf graphics.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
bluball's Avatar
bluball
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
so epic sharpedo i wanna beta this
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Dradier234's Avatar
Dradier234
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Thanks guys! I will do that. I am also thinking of changing the boxes outlines to black

Alright I fixed up a few things

What you've done fits! Nice job! all you did was some recoloring and you made it look amazing.


Sharpedo?? Nice! So in the game you get a Sharpedo? That's wicked....

Also, I see how your Weavile is 25, are you that far in development?
__________________
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
What you've done fits! Nice job! all you did was some recoloring and you made it look amazing.


Sharpedo?? Nice! So in the game you get a Sharpedo? That's wicked....

Also, I see how your Weavile is 25, are you that far in development?
Thanks! Actually, that is just the standard surfing sprite. Sharpedo is available in the game though. No matter who you surf with it shows up like that. It seemed, fitting. And not really with Weavile. I just gave myself it and made a random wild battle for the screenshot. I have been working on things more graphically lately. I have things evented through the first gym though :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:25 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
This looks good man. I think this is gonna become one hell of a game. Love the title screen, the HG/SS tiles in the screenshot. But try adding some new in-game features to make the game more unique. Something like a PokéGizmo or a custom addition like Contests. I know they'll be hard, and you're not the best when it comes to scripting, but hey, just planting ideas on your head!

When I have time, I'll make a banner, too! Who's the mascot, by the way?
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:06 AM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f View Post
This looks good man. I think this is gonna become one hell of a game. Love the title screen, the HG/SS tiles in the screenshot. But try adding some new in-game features to make the game more unique. Something like a PokéGizmo or a custom addition like Contests. I know they'll be hard, and you're not the best when it comes to scripting, but hey, just planting ideas on your head!

When I have time, I'll make a banner, too! Who's the mascot, by the way?
Darkrai thanks for the ideas
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
So, I tried Spriting again. This time, on overworld sprites. I am really proud of these. They aren't perfect, but they work. Please give comments and criticism.



These are the first three gym leaders: Joey, Doug, and Rayna
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
So, I tried Spriting again. This time, on overworld sprites. I am really proud of these. They aren't perfect, but they work. Please give comments and criticism.



These are the first three gym leaders: Joey, Doug, and Rayna
I really like these, they are very nice, but the second one has the most awkward face in the world, and the third one has a very large forehead
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Salamence2001's Avatar
Salamence2001
Pokemon Trainer....
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Home
Gender: Male
One Question how do you do this whole bag/battle/follow pokemon thing on a RMXP?
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamence2001 View Post
One Question how do you do this whole bag/battle/follow pokemon thing on a RMXP?
Not completely sure I understand you so I'll answer what I think you mean. Feel free to PM me with questions.

First of all, the engine for pokemon games is called Pokemon Essentials. You can google it to find the wikia. The following pokemon is a separate script, made by Help-14 and edited by Zingzangs, with a couple little bug fixes by me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Updated the main post with 2 things.

1. I never changed the hero/heroin sprites. They are there now.

2. I made my first real sprite! It is the rival, named Parker. Guess who his dad is...


Also a new feature to be put into the game.

There will be a clothing store level in one of the department stores (yes I said ONE of). Inside, you will be able to choose four different outfits for your character.


Please give opinions on my sprite it took about 3 hours
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Updated the main post with 2 things.
Please give opinions on my sprite it took about 3 hours
the left side of his face (his right) is weird, its really open blank and large, I feel he would have a mouth there, or something, not just nothing
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I'll try moving around the mouth. Thanks for the feedback
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
I'll try moving around the mouth. Thanks for the feedback
also the arm on the right side looks awkward, theres too much of an indent where it looks like he is missing a part of his arm instead of the illusion of bending and stuff either reverse it and try to work from there, or lessen the length of the indentation, or just change the arm entirely, w/e you prefer, it looks really good though aside from those things
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
also the arm on the right side looks awkward, theres too much of an indent where it looks like he is missing a part of his arm instead of the illusion of bending and stuff either reverse it and try to work from there, or lessen the length of the indentation, or just change the arm entirely, w/e you prefer, it looks really good though aside from those things
Thanks! I'm planning on almost completely redoing it. I am just learning to sprite, and feel I can do better if I just redo it now. I like the feeling of doing things myself, so I redid the first gym leader, Grown up Joey!

What do you guys think? Also, hat or no hat?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Thanks! I'm planning on almost completely redoing it. I am just learning to sprite, and feel I can do better if I just redo it now. I like the feeling of doing things myself, so I redid the first gym leader, Grown up Joey!

What do you guys think? Also, hat or no hat?

good for you! its always fun making your own stuff, and i love the improvement you've made from the last sprite, however, the shading on his shirt/chest makes him look extremely malnourished xDDD and makes him look like a woman
it also makes him look like hes in a really awkward position, bending in a weird way unnaturally

personally I like the hat
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
good for you! its always fun making your own stuff, and i love the improvement you've made from the last sprite, however, the shading on his shirt/chest makes him look extremely malnourished xDDD and makes him look like a woman
it also makes him look like hes in a really awkward position, bending in a weird way unnaturally

personally I like the hat
Thanks. How would you recommend to do the chest shading? I mimicked the HGSS Ace Trainer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Ramond Hikari's Avatar
Ramond Hikari
- Lonely Shooting Star -
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vietnam
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Without hat will do the trick of giving Joey a new look.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Thanks. How would you recommend to do the chest shading? I mimicked the HGSS Ace Trainer.
I would do a curve shade from one side of the torso; a shade in the bottom right side of his body (our right) up to about the top of the white mark should make it look better, I'll look into it later and show you an example
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I would do a curve shade from one side of the torso; a shade in the bottom right side of his body (our right) up to about the top of the white mark should make it look better, I'll look into it later and show you an example
Thanks that helps. Also, I redid the Rival, Parker



EDIT: I made two new versions of Joey, which one looks best?
Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by Rayd12smitty; February 7th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Thanks that helps. Also, I redid the Rival, Parker

thats great! I love it, awesome job
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I've been really into spriting lately, so I have more sprites done! Here are the overworlds for the rival Parker, and the Champion Alice.



Please let me know what you think.

Oh and @SavingRaven
Thanks! Glad you like it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Parker's OW pants shouldn't be so high up, I think... anyway, Alice is great!

Here was that banner or something...

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.