The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
There's no perhaps in it Mac. It's definitely.

Hey Syd, come back to chat! :D

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
OK, sorry guys to go on a mass deleting spree, but we need to at least keep this topic loosely based on trading. We earned our post count for this forum now we don't want to see it taken away or worse -- removal of our DCC. Keep the topic at least close to trading... battling topics belong in the Battle Center.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
fiiiiine... so i'm getting tons of japanese arceus from the GTS for dittos. now lets see if i can trade the arceus for some other events like victini, keldeo and moletta.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I've been having wifi troubles with my trading lately. :( I've only tried to trade with two people and I have the info in correctly (my wifi works with Pokecheck) and I change my DNS back to my home wifi when I'm done so that I can trade, but no one ever shows up in the room. idk what I'm doing. :(

On a good note, I RNG'd an awesome shiny Shinx for my pair Nick. :) And did a request for another one of our favorite smods, Luke. A super cool shiny Cranidos with ICE BEAM. I was excited about that.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I've been having wifi troubles with my trading lately. I've only tried to trade with two people and I have the info in correctly (my wifi works with Pokecheck) and I change my DNS back to my home wifi when I'm done so that I can trade, but no one ever shows up in the room. idk what I'm doing.

On a good note, I RNG'd an awesome shiny Shinx for my pair Nick. And did a request for another one of our favorite smods, Luke. A super cool shiny Cranidos with ICE BEAM. I was excited about that.
I don't have a solution to your problem, but you can still trade with people even with the Pokecheck DNS. >.>

Can you use the normal GTS with your DNS?

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Sydian

I can? Maybe I should try that instead. I just found it odd I could use Pokecheck, but I'm having trouble with seeing people in the wifi room. Or maybe it's not me and it's them, idek. :(

I haven't tried GTS with my normal DNS.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:10 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

the normal GTS hasn't worked with me when i use a different DNS but strangly enough the random match ups did. its probably your friends. if i had a nickel for every hour i spent waiting on friends in the wifi room, i could buy pokemon white 2 with only like 34 dollars coming from my wallet

"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Hmm...wifi problems. I've had that specific problem happen to me. It usually resolves itself for me. Idk what the actual reason for it could be. Bad connection between 2 players? I dunno.

As for the GTS, iirc the game auto acquires it whenever you connect to nintendo's servers. If you set it to something else obviously it's not gonna work.
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Damn it, Lugia! Stay in your Heavy Ball! >___________> It always breaks the Heavy Balls I throw. godemmit
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post
Damn it, Lugia! Stay in your Heavy Ball! >___________> It always breaks the Heavy Balls I throw. godemmit
have you tried a timer ball? or do they not have them in whatever game your playing?

Old February 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
It's really starting to bug me that all the Trade Corner challenges are exclusively for RNGers. RNG does not encompass the whole of Trade Corner. There is no reason that IV breeders should be excluded from these challenges. It's not like we would have some sort of advantage, we just enjoy a different way of getting high quality Pokemon and are willing to put the time into it. I'm not gonna twist anyone's arm over this, but it's something to think about.

I had to breed a Pokemon who set off Pokecheck's "Likely RNGed or Edited" filter in the legality analysis, just to participate in the last challenge. I'd rather not lie and would prefer to proudly say that I IV bred whatever entries I do.
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Just to clear something up. There was a mistake when I posted the new challenge. It's not exclusive to RNG abusers. Open to all who want to participate.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
have you tried a timer ball? or do they not have them in whatever game your playing?
I can't speak for Musica, but I can only assume he wants his Lugia to be caught in a Heavy Ball. As for why anyone would want to do that over something more convenient, it's for aesthetics.

Also, Heavy Balls are only available in HG/SS.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:52 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Timer Balls exist in HGSS But in no way mah Lugia gonna stay in a ball ain't its color.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post
Timer Balls exist in HGSS But in no way mah Lugia gonna stay in a ball ain't its color.
oh yeah? all of my legendarys are caught in normal pokeballs! just to let them know who's boss.

EDIT: looks like i'll need a partner for the new challenge, any takers?

Last edited by roosterman; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
oh yeah? all of my legendarys are caught in normal pokeballs! just to let them know who's boss.

EDIT: looks like i'll need a partner for the new challenge, any takers?
He isn't doing it to show off his luck roosterman, he's doing it for the aesthetics of having a ball with a matching color scheme.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
It's nice to have the ball match n_n even if it makes it more difficult
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
He isn't doing it to show off his luck roosterman, he's doing it for the aesthetics of having a ball with a matching color scheme.
yeah, yeah, i know. i was just trying to find a way to brag about catching all my legendaries in pokeballs. and luck has nothin to do with it. i gots me system. i call it: watch a movie while chucking pokeballs at a paralyzed cressilia. i actually got it on the first try though.

Last edited by roosterman; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Sydian

Still having wifi troubles. :( I tried to trade with Nick and we didn't show up for each other in the wifi room, and this is the third person this has happened with. I've tried my home DNS and Pokecheck's DNS and can't get people to show up in wifi, but I can use the GTS with Pokecheck. I have no clue what's wrong. :/
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Still having wifi troubles. I tried to trade with Nick and we didn't show up for each other in the wifi room, and this is the third person this has happened with. I've tried my home DNS and Pokecheck's DNS and can't get people to show up in wifi, but I can use the GTS with Pokecheck. I have no clue what's wrong. :/
i'm pretty sure you would've done this already but just making sure, you have registered each other in your pal pads right?
hey guys! my post per day average is back up to 1 per day! woot woot!

Last edited by roosterman; February 2nd, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Sydian

Yes, we did and the others I've tried trading with did as well.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Anyone wanna team up with me for SweetHeart challenge? I got a good idea for the challenge!
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Well then, my partner backed out and chose another partner cuz he didn't wanna deal with random. That's what you guys get for annoying me into doing the challenge. >:3

- - - -
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Lemme try pairing up with you Griffy <3
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Well then better get your 'mon ready and some vague description hammered down cuz I'm already done. xD

- - - -
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here