The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joe2002
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Oh, okay. Yeah, it definitely is possible, but it's gonna take a long time. RNG isn't bad btw. It's considered legal. Emerald RNG is tough though, so I don't recommend it. But yeah, SR away! Good luck!
Yeah I know it isn't bad, but it feels a bit cheaty to me.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Einarsson
Failure Trainer

Hello! I'm considering starting a new game on either my Ruby or Emerald, even though I'm not quite sure. I kind of favour Emerald for the aftergame, but Ruby is closer to my heart. I'd like to plan my team beforehand, but I can't come up with a full team. Here are some of the teams I can think of for the E4;

Team no. 1: Treecko as the starter

Sceptile
Aggron

Skarmory
Walrein
Magneton
~ Camerupt?

Team no. 2: Mudkip as the starter

Swampert
Flygon

Breloom/Roselia?
Gardevoir
Manetric
Ninetales

Team no. 3: Torchic as the starter

Blaziken
Tropius

Rhydon/Donphan?
Glalie
Ludicolo
Dusclops?

Everyone except the bolded names are a subject of change. I'd love to have some opinions about the teams!
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
What does it mean when the internal battery has run dry??
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Clock based events will no longer occur. So evolving Eevee will only result in one of the two time-based evolutions, depending on what time your clock got stuck at. You can't grow berries anymore and you can't go to the roof top sales in Lilycove anymore. There's plenty more info on this if you backtrack and read a few pages. This question comes up often.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Is there any way to like, fix it? I adore my emerald version so I just turned it on and it came up with that message.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Is there any way to like, fix it? I adore my emerald version so I just turned it on and it came up with that message.
There is one way to fix this: send your cartridge to a shop that sells cartridges and ask them to replace the internal battery. This will restore the clock-based events, I believe. If all else fails, you would just have to buy a new cartridge. Hope this works for you.
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Cartridges as in game cartridges or?
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
There is one way to fix this: send your cartridge to a shop that sells cartridges and ask them to replace the internal battery. This will restore the clock-based events, I believe. If all else fails, you would just have to buy a new cartridge. Hope this works for you.
I'd recommend buying a used one with a recently replaced internal battery, a new copy normally runs over 150 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Cartridges as in game cartridges or?
Yes, she means the game cartridge.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
So I restarted my Pokemon Emerald and I'm torn as to what moveset to give my Blaziken. The options are:

Option A
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide
Bulk Up

or

Option B
Blaze Kick
Fire Punch
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide

*(I still have the option of getting Rock Slide in the Rock Tunnel in my Leaf Green)

Which of these 2 options should I use, and if anybody has any alternative ideas, I'd be grateful.

Last edited by RoreyG; February 8th, 2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Jak
baby smod

Go with the Bulk Up set. Blaze Kick is better than Fire Punch, though that accuracy drop can be a problem. But it's usually not, so go for that. Just make sure you use some PP Ups on it because it has less PP than Fire Punch.

Either set is fine really, though I'm personally against having two moves of the same type, so the set with both Blaze Kick and Fire Punch makes me cringe.

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So, I'm playing FireRed and I just arrived at Celadon City. And my Jigglypuff is level 28 with the moveset Sing, Rollout, Secret Power & Disable.

I was wondering what level should I use my Moonstone on it?
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So, I'm playing FireRed and I just arrived at Celadon City. And my Jigglypuff is level 28 with the moveset Sing, Rollout, Secret Power & Disable.

I was wondering what level should I use my Moonstone on it?
I'd say wait until it at least learns Body Slam at lv34, as that is probably the best move for it. If you want, you can wait till lv39 for Mimic or lv44 for Hyper Voice. But with Wigglytuff's movepool, you have better options anyway.
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

You think waiting for Hyper Voice is a bit long? I might evolve it once it gets Body Slam.
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
You think waiting for Hyper Voice is a bit long? I might evolve it once it gets Body Slam.
All Hyper Voice is, is a 90BP move, Body Slam is an 85BP move with a 30% chance of paralysis, so it's generally better.
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

So level 34 it is, thanks for your advice, Vaporeon
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:18 PM
AraShaun42
Unhatched Egg

Hello, for a start sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it and if you have to I apoligise.

I was wondering whether it's possible to imitate the Mystery Gift wireless signals using bluetooth or some form of wireless from a computer, in order to activate events without having to use Gameshark etc etc.

Thank you
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:32 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
So I have a question, did Arceus create the universe then create Mew who started laying eggs of all Pokemon in the world? LOL :D no srsly.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraShaun42 View Post
Hello, for a start sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it and if you have to I apoligise.

I was wondering whether it's possible to imitate the Mystery Gift wireless signals using bluetooth or some form of wireless from a computer, in order to activate events without having to use Gameshark etc etc.

Thank you
I know it's possible for the DS games, and I do remember someone releasing a wonder guard Spiritomb at a Nintendo comp years ago. I'm not sure if it's possible in Gen III though.
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Jak
baby smod

Quote:
So I have a question, did Arceus create the universe then create Mew who started laying eggs of all Pokemon in the world? LOL no srsly.
Feel free to come back and ask a question in this thread when it's actually relevant to the generation it's for. I can't take this one seriously.

Make a thread on it in Pokemon General if you're genuinely interested.

Old February 15th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Dragonbane
Beards are now mandatory

Nature: Sassy
Well, here's the situation:
  • My Emerald internal battery is dry
  • My Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team's battery is not dry, I think
  • My Gold internal battery is almost about to die
Would it work if I transferred my Red Rescue Teams' internal battery to either Emerald or Gold? Or do they have separate models of batteries?

I would normally go buy new batteries, but I was simply wondering if there was any alternative.

Credit to RosaSunglasses.

Old February 15th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
To answer your question, yes, I do believe that you could take out the current internal battery from your Red Rescue Team cartridge and replace it with the dead battery of your Emerald game. I specify your Emerald game because if you did decide to do that, you can only replace it with your Emerald game because they are both Gameboy Advance cartridges. Gameboy Advance cartridges require a CR1616 Lithium Cell battery, whereas the Gameboy Color cartridges require either the CR2025 or CR2032 batteries.

Would that be practical? No. You don't know whether or not the battery in your Red Rescue Team is on the verge of drying out anytime soon. I'd suggest just buying new batteries for both your Emerald and Gold cartridges and replacing them yourself. The batteries themselves are not expensive and there a ton of tutorials online that guide you through changing the batteries. You'll also need some simple tools that you probably already have lying around your house.

Last edited by Gyardosamped; February 15th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Redemption94
Unhatched Egg

Ok so im new and I have to questions in which i cannot find the answer to.

One: I'm about to replay my old japanese sapphire version when someone told me that i can catch jirachi and deoxys in the japanese version. (not by the stupid spaceship rumor) It had to do with raquayza and stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone knew whether or not this is true, or if there is a way? (not by cheating or bonus disk or event)

and Two: i looked up how to change the internal battery when it runs dry and followed it exactly but it didnt work. does anyone know how or if you can. or even if a CR 16 16T is the same as a CR 16 16 battery?

sorry for all the questions, just getting frusterated is all
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption94 View Post
Ok so im new and I have to questions in which i cannot find the answer to.

One: I'm about to replay my old japanese sapphire version when someone told me that i can catch jirachi and deoxys in the japanese version. (not by the stupid spaceship rumor) It had to do with raquayza and stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone knew whether or not this is true, or if there is a way? (not by cheating or bonus disk or event)
Nope, you should yell at them, they are a lier.
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

In FireRed, is there any way to get the Flamethrower TM without having to farm the game corner? It's very tedious...
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Jak
baby smod

Sadly, no. ;( Just stick an Amulet Coin on your lead and use the Vs. Seeker on some trainers. I like to battle the ones on the route next to Lavender, where there's a double battle and those four trainers standing together, so you have a ton of people on screen to potentially rematch. That way you get some exp as well as money, and that's always nice. Which I'm implying to just buy the coins, not actually play slots btw, since idk if you're gambling or not. :P

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links