The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Old February 2nd, 2013 (11:24 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2013 by Gym Leader Jake.
Gym Leader Jake
Water Gym Leader

Battle of the Generations

In each Generation of Pokémon, there are new abilities, moves, and new Pokémon themselves. Over 5 Generations, there are 649 Pokémon. Many people dispute which generation is the best. I say- Let’s Find Out. This isn’t your average tournament, so Read on- If you dare.

In this tournament, there are 6 rounds. In each of the first 5 rounds, you will only be able to use the Pokémon of the respective generation. For example, In Round One, you can only use the Pokémon from Gen 1, in Round Two, you can only use Pokémon from Gen 2, ect.

In Each Round, you will receive 6 new Pokémon, each from their respective Generation. This will be your team for that round. For each battle you win, you will receive points. For winning a battle, you receive 2 points. For losing a battle, you will receive 1 point. But what if you don’t like your team? Here’s the twist- You can buy more Pokémon for 1 point each. Each Round will last 3 days.

When the round is over, you won’t be able to use your team anymore. But don’t get rid of your Pokémon- you will be able to use them again in the 6th round. At the end of each round, post your points in this Forum. The winner of each round will receive a boost to help them in the next round. This could be anything- From a Legendary Pokémon to 50 extra points. Keep track of your points- they will determine your place at the end of the tournament.

Example- Round 1

Team-
• Electrode
• Beedrill
• Machoke
• Golem
• Golbat
• Tentecruel
Points- 79

Example- Battle Results

Winner- Lethos + 2
Loser- Javelin + 1

Example- Buying Pokémon

When you buy Pokémon, PM me on either PC Forums of PC battle server. I will then respond with something like 150-Mewtwo or 3- Venusaur.

Each round will progress in the exact same manner- Until the 6th round. In the 6th round, you will not be able to purchase more Pokémon. What you will do is assemble a team of ALL the Pokémon you have gathered over the previous Five Rounds. Then there will be a week long period of battling. The winner of this round will receive a 50 point boost to add to their Point total.

At the end of the Tournament, post your point total in the forum. I will bring them together, and determine the winner. Good Luck!

Rules
• Post in the Forum to join
• ONLY battle on the PC server
• Don’t give other people hints- Don’t give away your points- and don’t watch other peoples battles
• Don’t lie- Only use the Pokémon given to you
• Post all of your battle outcomes on the Forum After each round
• Good Luck, and post all questions on the forum
- "All standard clauses apply, EXCEPT for species clause (because there IS a chance that you can get two of the same pokemon), as well as Uber clause, (because there is also a chance that you can get a Uber pokemon!)" http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/rules

GOOD LUCK !!!!

- Jake

Participants-
clay10mc
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Jellicent
ChocolateCrunch
Hyperbeem
Diurno
king_nick72
Old February 2nd, 2013 (03:18 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2013 by clay10mc.
clay10mc
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
IN IN IN!!!!!!!

Won VS king_nick72- +2

Gen 6 is here!
Pairs: Gym Leader Jake
Twihiki_Amias
jellicentfan1!!!
Old February 3rd, 2013 (03:23 AM).
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
IN!!! Was thinking about starting something like this, but you've already made one!!!

White 2:
Old February 3rd, 2013 (07:56 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I'll join in, too. c:

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:08 AM).
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

I'll sign up!
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:22 AM).
Hyperbeem
Only got $20 in my pocket

Nature: Bold
in

GOT RICE
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Diurno
Ex-Pave Low

Nature: Jolly
Sounds like fun! I'm in :3
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:30 AM).
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
P.S. My name on PS is LegendLover

White 2:
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:47 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2013 by king_nick72.
king_nick72
Togepi

Nature: Hasty
a contest for the best gen ever......... IM IN!!

battles:
Diurno(won)(lost)(won)
claymc10(lost)

pokemon collected:2

Current things Im doing:
RP: Pokemon: The zeta emergence
Nuzlocke: Pokemon Platinum
Regular playthrough: Pokemon blaze black 2
Old February 3rd, 2013 (09:28 AM). Edited February 4th, 2013 by Diurno.
Diurno
Ex-Pave Low

Nature: Jolly
Lost vs king_nick72 +1
Won vs king_nick72 +2
Lost vs king_nick72 +1
Lost vs Duzzy +1
Won vs Chocolate +2

Currency: 53

Purchased 4 Pokemon for 4
Old February 3rd, 2013 (09:40 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2013 by Gym Leader Jake.
Gym Leader Jake
Water Gym Leader

Time for a Little Suprise!!!

Well, this is the first Event!!!

So, when i was walking around, I came upon a Cave!!! In this cave were these really interesting orbs. I don't really know what they do, but i think they might contain something if you open them. Let's find out!!! PM me your choice of the orbs, and after a while I will open them for you! Some of them will really help you, but others might, lets say, swap out a couple of your Pokemon.

There are 6 orbs.......

Orb 1
Orb 2
Orb 3
Orb 4
Orb 5
Orb 6

And just to say- when I picked up one of these orbs, I heard this really loud screech. Suddenly, that Orb burned my hand!! I don't know...... but my hand hurts. Imma go to the hospital now. This burn might be serious. Bye!!!

Good Luck !!~
-Jake

I forgot to add that this event will end tonight, so PM me with your choice!! ~

-Jake
Old February 3rd, 2013 (01:13 PM).
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
I will join on in as requested by Jakey.

In

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (06:12 PM).
Gym Leader Jake
Water Gym Leader

Orb Time !!!

I hefted my hammer, preparing to crack open the first orb. I had tested to see- and i was right- the Orbs were hollow. Let's see what's inside!!!

Orb 1
Spoiler:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/146.gif
I cracked open the First Orb.... and flames shot out!!!! As i leapt back, i saw a flaming bird fly out of the split Orb! Everyone who picked this Orb can add Moltres to their roster.

Orb 2
Spoiler:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/129.gif
I cracked open the Second Orb.... Out flopped a Magicarp!!!! For everyone who picked this Orb, replace one of your Pokemon with a Magicarp. Hey, at least you get to pick which one!!!

Orb 3
Spoiler:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/068.gif
Even Before i could crack this orb open, it split by itself! Everyone who picked this orb can add Machamp to their roster.

Orb 4
Spoiler:

50 extra points!!!

Orb 5
Spoiler:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/109.gif
As the orb cracks open, poisonous gas seeps out, causing you to lose 5 points. But don't worry, you won't lose any if you have no coins. But hey, at least you get Koffing!

Orb 6
Spoiler:

I crack open orb 6.... nothing.....

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links