The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
That'd be seriously cool~

If we can visit places like Hoenn again, that'd be awesome. Or maybe you can visit small islands that are 'technically' in different regions?

Well, they haven't done this in a long while, but, it'd be nice to have that blast of nostalgia.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I honestly doubt it.. but if you could, that'd be amazing <3 I think my fav region is from gen 2 :333 Would be so awesome if you could! Or whheeee Orange Islands!!
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:59 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't see why they would do it again tbh. Why would they when they could have two separate games and make twice as much? If they did, I hope it'd be a brand new region though. I want to start Hoenn from the beginning, not at lv55.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I doubt it really. Until we know more about the region, like size, location, and such, I don't think it's likely that we can. And even then, I don't see it being possible since I doubt the region is gonna be close to any other ones.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
The only way I could see us being able to visit multiple regions in this game is if there are multiple smaller regions that combine to make one large one (sort of like states/provinces to a country). I highly doubt will be able to visit any past regions in this game, but who knows what the future holds.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
EdwardsNT
Unova League Champion

Nature: Relaxed
I HIGHLY doubt that this will ever happen, but its been a thought of mine for awhile.

I think it would be cool for Nintendo to make one game (say for an anniversary special) or something of the sort, where every region is combined.
You start off in Kanto, move to Johto, then to hoenn, and so on and so forth.
Once you make your move to Johto, you must place all of your gen 1 pokemon into the pc and start fresh with a new starter and everything, and then later down the line are able to pull the gen 1 pokemon out of the pc during your johto journey. The same goes when moving to Hoenn or any other region.

Also, it might be something to think about... the elite 4... we face the elite four everytime, but in the anime they actually have a tournament, would be nice to have a tournament setting for once instead of going right for the elite four and then depending on how well you do in the tournament, you advance to battle the elite four.

Thoughts on any of this?
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to TheUglyDucklett
It needs to happen; if not in this new game then a different one. I feel as though they could also revisit Orre for the sake of nostalgia. Cipher and Galactic/Plasma/Rocket working together would be cool!
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It probably might not happen in Pokémon X and Y, but who knows? I would love to see two new regions, not just one... but two! ^^

It would be so epic traveling to a new region after you've defeated the Champion at the Pokémon League (that is if that was the ending).

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I don't think it'll happen since they'd just be continuing plane travel, in a sense but if they do, that'll be amazin! xD At least a small area, like a few towns or something xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
I think that this would be great! I would like for them to make the connection to one of the old regions. Oh oh, how about they skip the possible remaking of the Hoenn games and just join up the new generation's region to Hoenn?? It's a thought! xDD But yeah, whatever happens, I'm cool with it~

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
ofc there will be no travel between regions.
Those will probably come in later games.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I think that this would be great! I would like for them to make the connection to one of the old regions. Oh oh, how about they skip the possible remaking of the Hoenn games and just join up the new generation's region to Hoenn?? It's a thought! xDD But yeah, whatever happens, I'm cool with it~
I'd like that but I don't think a lot of fans would be into that, given that they want R/S remakes to be just like the originals and perfect in every way, rather than just thrown onto X/Y :(
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I've wanted to go to a past region again since G/S/C, it's always nice seeing all the changes that time did to it and having the nostalgia laser blast my face. xD
Since it seems that this region will be far from the others (maybe not), how about travel by plane?

It doesn't have to be full on entire regions, maybe little snippets of one or two that you might have to visit during the story, or a little teaser treat post-game.
(I'm so desperate for visiting past regions that I'll settle for this)
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:17 AM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Looking at the Unova region, I noticed that the whole north and east did not have a coast. So could the X/Y region be connected to the Unova like Johto is to Kanto? It would be really cool if we could visit the Unova region and challenge the gym leaders. We dont really have a use for the Mistralton Airport other than the sanctuary despite havig so many planes. So could this be possible?

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I doubt it will happen but i do have to admit Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 have set them selves up for a multiregion game like they make a massive deal about having an airport, which really does nothing in the first game, its role is expanded in the 2nd game but really it does nothing. But yeah i do think it is possible and i do think there is a chance of it, but in saying that i still doubt it will happen.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

How cool would it be if, during the production of Pokemon X and Y, they implemented the Hoenn region into the game? They can make it so that Hoenn was a secret island in the X and Y region and you are now able to access it all over again in 3D, similar to Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver, except it wasn't in 3D.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
thizzman
PKMN rom maker and hacker

That'd be very cool! (:
I dont personally think they'd do that but it would be nice (:

Pokemon Dust version GBA hack
This will be created By my team.
Team: Shadow Pokemon.

Thizz ready for epicness.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:55 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
a 3D game is a lot of work. Your better off wishing that RSE gets the XY treatment. The art style looks so good for Pokemon. I'm excited for the future of the games.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It'll never happen. Hoenn is in Japan somewhere (at least the area it's based off of). X and Y are based off of France.

Also, Hoenn is not like the Sevii Islands added to FR/LG. It's a HUGE area. It would not become a secret area of the game. If anything, it would be accessed after the initial E4 run, and make it a 16 Gym game. For such a thing, they'd likely use Unova even though it meets the same reason I say Hoenn won't happen (Unova is based on New York, again across an ocean) - meaning I think neither will happen.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 4th, 2013, 12:07 AM
thizzman
PKMN rom maker and hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
a 3D game is a lot of work. Your better off wishing that RSE gets the XY treatment. The art style looks so good for Pokemon. I'm excited for the future of the games.
Yeah I'd actually much rather a RSE remake with XY treatment. I'd love to replay those games in 3d....

Pokemon Dust version GBA hack
This will be created By my team.
Team: Shadow Pokemon.

Thizz ready for epicness.
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
It'll never happen. Hoenn is in Japan somewhere (at least the area it's based off of). X and Y are based off of France.

Also, Hoenn is not like the Sevii Islands added to FR/LG. It's a HUGE area. It would not become a secret area of the game. If anything, it would be accessed after the initial E4 run, and make it a 16 Gym game. For such a thing, they'd likely use Unova even though it meets the same reason I say Hoenn won't happen (Unova is based on New York, again across an ocean) - meaning I think neither will happen.

Cyclone
Not that I'm saying it will happen, but with the introduction of airplanes in Gen V, the excuse "it's too far away" doesn't really hold much value today as it once did. There's no real need for the regions to be attached anymore a la Kanto and Johto, not if they have airplanes again that can fly to another region.

I hope the idea of attaching Hoenn to these games doesn't happen though. Like many RSE fans, myself included, I would much prefer a remake for Ruby and Sapphire or even Emerald so it can reach its full potential. Slapping it onto X and Y would leave much to be desired in my opinion. Same goes for any other region.

I would rather they do something like the Sevii Islands, but much more interesting.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Nah, unless they decide to have Airplane travel then a trip from Europe to Japan is off the table. I'd much prefer Hoenn to be tied in with Ruby & Sapphire Remakes so you can explore it in full whilst going along with the storyline of RSE that way you can experience Hoenn in a 3D feel with the nostalgia. Adding Hoenn to X & Y would be nowhere near as good as full blown remakes IMO. We could get a completely new region added on to the current region of X & Y but as far as returning to an older region goes, I don't see it happening.

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
There's only one way I can see there being travel to other regions and that's if they add new regions as DLC.

No way there will be more than one region at launch.
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I reckon it showed the whole world to simply demonstrate that it's the Pokémon series' first worldwide release.

I mean, we've only had 3 other generations before with no other regions featured.

Or this game could be the POKéMON EUROPE WORLD TOUR.
I think that meant exactly what you said in the first sentence. Of course, I'd love to see them having different parts of Europe... that'd be amazing! We'll see how it is... but my gut tells me that they won't change too much from their basic formula.
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Vei
Unhatched Egg

Oh my God. If they make it so you cant travel to Hoenn it will be sooo awesome. I loved that feature about HG/SS, so if they bring it back I will be overjoyed.

Sponsored Links