The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old February 4th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help

So, most games here have Trainers and their Pokemon. I'm fine with that. But what I want to think about is when you want to have something else than Pokemon, e.g. (famous) persons. Then what would the exact suppose of the Trainer be?
In Ponymon the TRAINER becomes a BRONY. In Touhoumon, the TRAINER becomes what exactly? I think the developers didn't cared about the fact that we have a person running around raising and encountering magical girls.

So, if we have magical girls or any other kind of persons, like famous musicians or people from your neighbourhood (for some strange reason), what would the trainer become? Do you think it is even necessary to care about this detail when you want to see over 100 different characters of a fandom or theme battling among themselves?

An somewhat easy solution I can think of at the moment would be to transform all persons who are normally people to pokemon. But that's all I can think of at the moment. Other ideas?

EDIT: A friend came up with the titles MASTER, LORD or COMMANDER, from the Trainer-Pokemon relationship basically being a Master-Slave one, from the view of the gameplay

Last edited by Ayutac; February 5th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
I just now managed to see this thread, how about that?
Well, I can't speak for other outcomes, but within the Touhoumon continuity, the "Pokemon" trainer is just a "Touhoumon"/THMN trainer. There's really little need to change the term "Trainer", though, as you are doing just that - training the things you capture for battle.
In the end, it'd be a relative moot point. Trainers are still trainers, regardless of what you call them. The prefix you append to the name just depends on what the species is called.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links