The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: which game has the best music?
red, blue and yellow 5 10.87%
gold silver crystal 5 10.87%
ruby saphyre emarald 11 23.91%
firered leafgreen 2 4.35%
dimond pearl platinum 7 15.22%
heartgold soulsilver 6 13.04%
black and white 0 0%
black 2 and white 2 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:29 PM
piefara
human

Advertise here
all of these i can find are before HH/SS so write a reply please i like HH/SS rival them

Last edited by piefara; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
dungeonmaster201

If it is one thing I really loved about generation 3, it was the music. the music was probably my absolute favorite pokemon music of all time.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Gold and Silver used to have my favorite music, but when the remakes came along and remixed the tracks so well, HeartGold and SoulSilver easily topped my list(my favorites being the Champions theme and the Game Corner theme). Plus, having the GB Sounds so I can listen to the classic versions any time I want is a huge bonus.
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I like the music from R/B/Y the most because the music in those games can be catchy to me..
(Route 1)( game condor) and of course ( lavender town)
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:47 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Hmm. Best music. But had to choose by game generation. Then I think I would have to say r/b/y. Since they made the greatest impact. But I think many tracks from r/s/e surpass those. Although since r/s/e was the first generation I owned personally, it has this special connection. :D

Old February 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
For people that played the original games, they would mostly pic the older games or remakes like HGSS. However, being a slightly newer player (starting from Gen III), I do have to admit that Gen V has the best music. It just has the most detail, the most...feels, actually. Compare Aspertia and New Bark and you can see how complex and beautiful the newer themes are. I don't want to argue with the older gen gamers though XD

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:07 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

OH THATS IT WE WILL ARGUE! Just kidding of course. :D I think Fenne-kun made an excellent point. We the older gamers might prefer the older games. So I wonder why? Is it the nostalgia value? Or is it truly that they are still superior even when compared to the new ones? And how do we compare the original gameboy music to that of DS? And also are remakes better than the original? (Fr/Lg and Hg/Ss) :D I havent played the 5th gen yet but I can imagine it would be better (in music dept) than previous ones.

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
As I've only got the fifth generation games, I should've taken the time to listen to music from the other generations rather that vote straight away. At the moment, I've voted for B2/W2. I certainly enjoy some of the remixes compared to BW.
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

I think if it's going to be compared, it should probably be on a level playing field.
We should judge the compositions and note arrangements themselves instead of the finished product within the games - of course the more recent ones are going to have better sound quality.
Personally I voted R/S/E because of Littleroot, Verdanturf, the Deoxys theme and... I think it's the team boss battle music.

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:59 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the music starting from Gen III, but I like the R/S/E music the most because of the upbeat pace.

Old February 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Without a doubt RSE, even though the music from Black & White are modern and up to date, there's something about the Hoenn soundtracks that have a distinctive feel to them... trumpets maybe?

Old February 4th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
So hard.. I loved a bunch of music from each game; Gym leaders in RBY, Champion and Kanto gym leader music in GSC/HGSS, Gym leaders and Elite Four in RSE, Cynthia's battle music and the Elite Four area music (not the battle music), BW gym leaders and normal N battle, and all of the remixes in B2W2. I am going to go with GSC/HGSS just because the Kanto Gym Leader battles in that game are pure genius.

Old February 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
For me it'd be GSC. Nothing brings back memories like hearing that good old Team Rocket theme. RSE is a close second, though. That music playing on Route 116 in the volcanic ash is one of the best musical pieces in the series.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
RSE easily wins in the music department, the routes and victory road were so bombast, it was the first true time the traveling felt like an adventure. Not to mention the battle themes were also pretty gripping, and made battles very enjoyable. Battle music has always been a Pokemon strong point, but RSE did something more, even if it was a bit tinny and had the trumpets. And do I even have to mention the awesome sauce that is the Box Legend battle song? No, because its probably already ingrained in your mind.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:30 AM
piefara
human

yes response! they stuffed up the Johto music in PWT though what were they thinking with the gym leader music? and HG/SS champion music is awsome!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Caelus
Gone

I enjoy the music from generation 2, especially the latter half when you're in Kanto and every music is an awesome remix of its first gen counterpart. :D

And the 4th gen had a great soundtrack, too. Can't really have an honest answer because other than the 1st gen they all had equally great music.
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:12 AM
White Mage
FEAR
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I really enjoyed the music in Lavender Town in R/B/Y.
So I'd probably say that Gen. I had the best music, because R/B/Y had music that actually stood out to me and wasn't just some background music.

VM | PM | MAL
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Nature: Jolly
Easy. I love the Champion Lance/Red Battle Theme in Heartgold.
Wicked. It's so cool. I also enjoyed some of Sinnohs music, and a bit of Kanto.
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Generation Five in general. For me it's probably the most captivating OST in the series.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I think the music from G/S/C and HGSS had the most captivating music. It was really nice and enjoyable. Especially the battle themes for gym leaders and elite 4. They were the best.

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old February 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
charcharx3
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
I love Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald music! Lots of trumpets, but still very good. Specifically, I love Vanderturf (sp?). It's a beautiful song.
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
I'm more into the R/S/E music soundtrack, especially the Wild Encounter Battle music, Trainer Battle music and Rival Battle music (notice that my favorites are battle music). Hearing the trumpets used in the music just gives me nostalgia, remembering the time I played Pokémon Emerald (using an emulator ).

I also like the other generations' music, but R/S/E music is the best for me. I hope they make a remix once a remake comes... hopefully.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i'm torn between black 2 and diamond. gym leaders last stand and unwavering emotions were good in gen 5 while diamond had route 201 and dialga's theme.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Nature: Jolly
I really like the B/W 2 music, Not only does it have the best Gym leader theme IMO but it also Has colress.

Colress's music is awesome!
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

The best in the series is BW. They really paid attention not only to music, but to general sound effects this time. There is a good deal of Sinnoh that I like as well (Route 217 <3).

Worst? RSE. It had good tunes such as Champion, and evil team theme, but the overabundance of trumpets was really exaggerated and sounded completely artificial compared to the 8-bit gems of RBYGSC. Back then I thought it was because of the GBA sound engine. When I learned it was producer choice, I disliked it even more.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here