The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Eevee as a starter? Hmm... Honestly I don't know how I'd react to this. I think it'd pretty repetitive playing the games over and over if you always have to use the same starter, even if it is able to to evolve into so many different Pokémon. Although all of the eeveelutions are completely different Pokémon with different types and strategies, you'd still have to use an Eevee each time for a lot of the story and honestly the eeveelutions aren't that different from each other in their basic properties - I just think it could get a little dull after a couple of times?

That's not to say I don't like using the eeveelutions though; it's actually one of the things I like most about the them. I love how similar they all are since it's like taking a basic Pokémon and moulding it into something perfect to suit you; what other Pokémon could you possibly do that with?
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Eevee is the starter? I think this might be great, since it had many evolution lines.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

Eevee is in fact a starter in Pokémon Conquest. But it is the only starter.

In my opinion, it'd be decent. But at a certain point in the game someone should offer you one of the Evolutionary Stones, a Dark/Light Happiness Stone (Which is exclusive to that game), and the usual Moss Stone or Ice Rock. Not that Eevee must evolve then though. IMO this would be better than having stones appear at different points in the game (Yes, I'm looking at you, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).

Old January 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Kawaii Pikachu :3
"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"

Nature: Gentle
Thank you everyone for all the congratulations!

Sorry I haven't been on a lot. Had some family issues and right now I'm bed ridden with bronchitis >.< (joy..not!)

Congratulations too all the competitors in the contest. Everyone had awesome ideas!

@CourageHound ~ we think alike. I was thiiiisssss close to doing a dragon type eeveelution and that is the same name I was going to use

@Aryan143 ~ I'm going to go with Solna for the new nickname (see my pattern? lol Luna and Solna)

Eevee as a starter ~ I think it would be an awesome idea! I was mad when your rival "stole" the eevee from you in Pokémon Yellow version (even though I love Pikachu ) and what sucks even more is he doesn't even train it right. It is weak when you battle him and he has evolved it.

Eevee in Pokémon Conquest was awesome but you weren't allowed to evolve it until the game was pretty much over (which sucks). If you could get the stones early or the places needed to evolve it earlier it would've been a lot better.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
You guys, I just hatched a Shiny Eevee... I can't choose between shiny Espeon or Umbreon, so I'm waiting to see what kinda Eeveelutions will be available in generation 6, and I'll send it down if possible.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwan View Post
You guys, I just hatched a Shiny Eevee... I can't choose between shiny Espeon or Umbreon, so I'm waiting to see what kinda Eeveelutions will be available in generation 6, and I'll send it down if possible.
That is awesome!! Lucky! I want a shiny eevee LOL

I'd go with Umbreon but that is because blue is my favorite color and I like the shiny Umbreon
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pikachu :3 View Post
That is awesome!! Lucky! I want a shiny eevee LOL

I'd go with Umbreon but that is because blue is my favorite color and I like the shiny Umbreon
Shiny Umbreon is my favourite shiny, but if I made this shiny one an Umbreon I'd want an Espeon, then I'd have to go shiny hunting for another Eevee ahaha. I'm hoping for a ghost Eevee next generation. Maybe I'll be the first person with a shiny ghost Eevee.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:38 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Wow, really??? It's your choice, but I would evolve it into Espeon.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:35 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Aww lucky! You have to pick Umbreon in my opinion, shiny Umbreon is one of the coolest looking Pokémon out there! Shiny Espeon just looks a little weird tbh, like a diseased fox or something. :( Whilst we're on the topic, was anyone else incredibly disappointed with Shiny Glaceon & Leafeon? They hardly look different at all, I was really hoping for a red tinted Leafeon for an Autumn-y feel </3
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:55 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Joining cause I love Eevee!

Username: AWsquared
You partner Eevee name: Satchel the Eevee (Can I have a eeveution from the start?? Or do I have to evolve it by getting points?? If so then I want my Eevee to be a Umbreon named Satchel.)
Why do you like Eevee?: Eevee are cute and I like the fact they can evolve into many different Pokemon of many different types. My favorite being Umbreon.

Anwer the Current Topic: Eevee as a starter? I can see that seeing that Eevee's Blue's starter in Pokemon Yellow and Eevee is the starter in Pokemon Conquest. Though there would need to be a way to access the evolution stones and Moss/Ice Rocks early on.

Edit: Eevee is also the starter for Pokemon XD.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by awolfsquared; January 31st, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

What do you think of Eevee as a starter?

I actually liked the thought of Eevee as a starter, given all the Pokemon it can evolve into and it's a popular Pokemon, not to mention it's the rival's starter in Yellow. It would have been better if the necessary stones or the Moss/Ice Rock were available earlier. I do agree with Alex that I was a bit disappointed that I'd find myself stuck with an Eevee for a while in some circumstances.

As for Shiny Eeveelutions, I love Shiny Umbreon the best cos of the blue rings. I was disappointed with Glaceon and Leafeon's Shiny colors since they have not much color difference at all. They're basically just lighter, brighter versions of the normal colors.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:42 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Joining cause I love Eevee!

Username: AWsquared
You partner Eevee name: Satchel the Eevee (Can I have a eeveution from the start?? Or do I have to evolve it by getting points?? If so then I want my Eevee to be a Umbreon named Satchel.)
Why do you like Eevee?: Eevee are cute and I like the fact they can evolve into many different Pokemon of many different types. My favorite being Umbreon.

Anwer the Current Topic: Eevee as a starter? I can see that seeing that Eevee's Blue's starter in Pokemon Yellow and Eevee is the starter in Pokemon Conquest. Though there would need to be a way to access the evolution stones and Moss/Ice Rocks early on.

Edit: Eevee is also the starter for Pokemon XD.
No you have to evolve your Eevee by earning points.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Congrats, Schwan! By the way, I personally would prefer Shiny Umbreon, because its blue colors are cool. And Shiny Glaceon might be cool, too.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:26 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
No you have to evolve your Eevee by earning points.
Ok then I guess I should try to stay active and stuff. I don't really post in clubs often but I'll try.

@Schwan Congrats on getting a shiny Eevee! I have one in White, but I didn't hatch it myself, I won it in the Shiny Raffle for PC's tenth anniversary get together, PCX.

I personally evolved mine into Umbreon cause I love it's shiny the best. It's probably my favorite shiny Pokemon over cause of how cool the blue rings look. So if it were up to I'd evolve it into Umbreon. I don't like the shiny for Espeon cause it looks so ugly as green imo. And for Glaceon and Leafeon , yes I was disappointed in their shiny forms. They're basically the same, just a brighter shade and I was expecting something cooler like a brown or red-orange Leafeon and maybe Glaceon would have purple "hair" or turque and a whitish body. That would be pretty cool.

@Aryan143 is it cool if my Eevee's shiny? :D

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:14 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Ok then I guess I should try to stay active and stuff. I don't really post in clubs often but I'll try.

@Schwan Congrats on getting a shiny Eevee! I have one in White, but I didn't hatch it myself, I won it in the Shiny Raffle for PC's tenth anniversary get together, PCX.

I personally evolved mine into Umbreon cause I love it's shiny the best. It's probably my favorite shiny Pokemon over cause of how cool the blue rings look. So if it were up to I'd evolve it into Umbreon. I don't like the shiny for Espeon cause it looks so ugly as green imo. And for Glaceon and Leafeon , yes I was disappointed in their shiny forms. They're basically the same, just a brighter shade and I was expecting something cooler like a brown or red-orange Leafeon and maybe Glaceon would have purple "hair" or turque and a whitish body. That would be pretty cool.

@Aryan143 is it cool if my Eevee's shiny? :D
Again, you have to make your Eevee shiny by earning points. You need 400 points for that. I may also reward it to you for winning an event. And everyone please give me ideas for an event that's related to Valentine Day.

Old February 1st, 2013, 03:36 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Ok I see. I shall try and post often then. And for a Valentine's Day event how about something like where people make a Eevee related Valentine's Card. It would have to have something related to Eevee or it's evolution and the best one, would win points or maybe an Eevee in their game or something related to the club like a upgrade to shiny Cause I really want want a Shiny Eevee to evolve into Umbreon. or get to evolve their partner (only one of them) for free. Or whatever prize you'd like to come up with.

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:18 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Draw art of your favourite two eeveelutions on a romantic date ♥ Nah I have no idea, but a Valentine's competition sounds like fun! I'm not usually one for taking part in events since honestly I just forget that they're happening, but have we had a battling contest yet? PC has a great battling server that you can make teams on (so no EV training or problems with DSs!) so it could be interesting to have an eeveelutions-themed tournament? Just a thought! c:
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

We could organize a Eevee themed tournament but that will be the event after the Valentine event. The card making and drawing the art of 2 eeveelutions on a date is fine but not all the members here know spriting and I might end up having only 1 or 2 participants. If at least 3 of the members promise to join this spriting event, then I will host it. Otherwise, I am thinking to host a banner making competition based on Valentine. There are a lot of online banner makers too so I don't think it would be a problem for joining the event.

Old February 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Just for the record i won the Eevee Eeveelution tournament. Reppin the club.

went 4-1 with 7(pokes remaining) - 1(loss)

regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM

I like the Eevee Valentine's day card idea. That would be cute :3

The date thing would be cute but I'm personally taking some time off drawing for bit. I'm not one who draws well under a time limit LOL. I had a heck of a time with my Eeveelution. I was still drawing on it the last day of the competition

@QuickSilveri ~ Congratulations on the win!! :D
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Uhh, as for as a banner making event goes, I'm not to much into digital art, but I think I might be able to find a banner maker or request someone on pc to create a banner for the club
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Username: vaporeon7
You partner Eevee name: Vapor the Eevee
Why do you like Eevee?: Eevee is very cute and evolves into my favourite Pokémon, Vaporeon. I like all the evolutions as well.

I think Eevee would make a good starter, it give lots of variety. It also was good as one in PMD.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

Username: ChocolateCrunch
You partner Eevee name: Eeo the Eevee
Why do you like Eevee?: I love Eevee because of it's different eeveelutions which are awesome! My favourite is Umbreon. ;3

Eevee as a starter? Cool. It would be good as you'd have to find your wanted stone, and then you evolve it! ;3 Almost like a Scavenger Hunt for the stones!
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:25 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
WE GOT A NEW EEVEELUTION PEOPLES!!

Spoiler:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Whatya guys think about this guy?? Looks like a normal or flying type to me. Possibly fighting. Do you guys think there will be another eeveelution besides this one?

Last edited by CourageHound; February 11th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
WE GOT A NEW EEVEELUTION PEOPLES!!

Spoiler:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Whatya guys think about this guy?? Looks like a normal or flying type to me. Possibly fighting. Do you guys think there will be another eeveelution besides this one?
Awww it's soooooooooo cute!!!! :3 I can see this being a normal type. Maybe a natural evolution for eevee. It definitely looks like a girl though Maybe it's one of those female only type evolutions

Sponsored Links