The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
What sort of post-game battle facilities do you think they'll have, or what do you want to see?

Battle Tower, A whole Frontier? Subways, or the PWT to make a return?

Or even Trainer Tower or Trainer Hill for a come back?

Also, if it's a frontier, what sort of Battle Frontier Mascots will be for each facility?
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:08 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
PWT FTW

Actually I wouldnt mind the subway again.

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'd like to see a Pokémon Carnival that is rather similar to a Battle Frontier, but more in a Carnival style of things like tents and many other things that would make it really attractive. Where you'll get to battle in so many different ways, alot like the Battle Frontier. Wouldn't that be amazing, eh? xD

As for Mascots, I'm thinking of some Pokémon from X and Y once they're revealed. But who knows? They might even have some Legendary Pokémon mascots as well.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
A Frontier would be fantastic. I'm kind of tired of the Subway, I want to see big buildings and individual battling systems again!

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheUglyDucklett
I liked the Battle Castle, Battle Tourney and Battle Factory from previous generations, so seeing both in the same gen might be cool.

They should also do a Battle Tower setting where you pick an in-game partner (rival, gym leader, etc.) and fight together
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I'd like to see a Pokémon Carnival that is rather similar to a Battle Frontier, but more in a Carnival style of things like tents and many other things that would make it really attractive. Where you'll get to battle in so many different ways, alot like the Battle Frontier. Wouldn't that be amazing, eh? xD

As for Mascots, I'm thinking of some Pokémon from X and Y once they're revealed. But who knows? They might even have some Legendary Pokémon mascots as well.
When I say Mascots, I meant ''The battle brains''? I think they're called.
I don't remember their formal name, so I wrote Mascot.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I'd love to see a Platinum and Emerald esque Battle Frontier, which could also hold a PWT. I think having a carnival environment a great Idea, now GameFreak have a lot more to work with, they should be able to do it. They could also have carnival rides like rollercoasters and Ferris wheels. That would be warmly welcomed.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
I'd love to see a Platinum and Emerald esque Battle Frontier, which could also hold a PWT. I think having a carnival environment a great Idea, now GameFreak have a lot more to work with, they should be able to do it. They could also have carnival rides like rollercoasters and Ferris wheels. That would be warmly welcomed.
Let's just hope N isn't on that ferris wheel again.

>.>

<.<
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheUglyDucklett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Let's just hope N isn't on that ferris wheel again.

>.>

<.<
Be careful with what you say because it might come true... :o

Now that I got the idea, though, it would be interesting if they made a Ferris wheel battle zone and you had to fight inside one of the cars under a time limit (like rotations of the ride)
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I hope we don't get another Battle Subway. :( I think France uses a train/subway system though so ugh. v_v Unless they could improve on it somehow, I don't want it back.

I'd love a frontier though. Battle Castle should be a must if we're in a France inspired region. It's my favorite facility as well, so I'm biased lol. No more Factory though. It's been in every frontier we've had so far and I think it's time for it to retire.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
When I say Mascots, I meant ''The battle brains''? I think they're called.
I don't remember their formal name, so I wrote Mascot.
Hm... the frontier brains...

Since my speculation is about a "Battle Carnival", I would like to see the ones that involve one that likes to use Dragon type Pokémon, but you have to go through a dark maze like in the Battle Pyramid in Emerald. And I'd like to see one that involves doing a puzzle similar to Fantina's Gym in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, which uses Grass, Fire and Water.

Other than that, I would love to see a Battle Coaster in there, where you stop at certain places to battle, then choose another coaster to then go to the different one and while some of the coasters may return you back to the start. And the Carnival Master of the Battle Coaster would use some Psychic-type Pokémon.

That's the speculation I'm thinking of.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:42 AM
Matzeho1996

In B/W 2 we had the PWT which I really enjoyed
Do you think there will be another PWT?
Or ingame tournaments like the anime?(Many rivals and a lot of nice battles)
Or do you think there will be something completely new?
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
SpitfireYoshi

If the Battle Frontier does return... epic music! Epic music!
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:53 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hope we at least get three facilities until the third version/sequels to keep us busy. One could be the tower, the factory, and the third could be a new one.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:00 AM
Forever
let it go

I kinda want the Subway to return because it had great potential - ever since Johto I always wanted to ride on the trains and talk to other trainers and the region is seen through the side windows and you see distant lands and things like that. Ifff the Subway returns it could do something like that, where you could just go on one and choose who you face etc, and see the region through the windows, rather than something else set in place. :3
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:02 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I kinda want the Subway to return because it had great potential - ever since Johto I always wanted to ride on the trains and talk to other trainers and the region is seen through the side windows and you see distant lands and things like that. Ifff the Subway returns it could do something like that, where you could just go on one and choose who you face etc, and see the region through the windows, rather than something else set in place. :3
This is what I wanted to happen in Unova's, hopefully if it does return they'll fix it up like that. Perhaps they could have us change trains and guess like in the pike, one of them is scenery and the other is battle.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Or maybe even the first train is the one you travel on to go around the region then they offer you the other train to go on next time for battles 'cause they see you have potential.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
I want the Frontier from Emerald, it was an awesome Frontier.
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I found myself missing the variety and the thrill that came with a larger frontier. The Battle Subway just felt dull in comparison. So I'm hoping they bring back the Battle Frontier with several Frontier Brains this time and new battling styles. I don't even mind having the subway back, but I'd just prefer if it wasn't the only facility available.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I found myself missing the variety and the thrill that came with a larger frontier. The Battle Subway just felt dull in comparison. So I'm hoping they bring back the Battle Frontier with several Frontier Brains this time and new battling styles. I don't even mind having the subway back, but I'd just prefer if it wasn't the only facility available.
Subway and something else would be okay. While I like the potential for the subway I think having PWT would also be beneficial to combine all the regions together (to go with the "world" theme), but I wouldn't be fully for a Battle Frontier and a Subway given they are the same.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
The Frontier sucked IMO, it's nothing but a tower of hax and some of the challenges were gimmicky. All the spinoffs (Stadium) and Frontiers compensate for their lack of human intelligence with hax and this makes them not fun to play at all.

Plus all the Frontiers had some of the most bland characters in the Pokémon franchise, because they aren't allowed any character development - Palmer had minimum interaction with you in Platinum and Caitlin was fleshed out only when she became an E4 member in Unova.

Instead of a Frontier, I want the main game to be harder, or have a hard mode, like the Challenge mode in B2W2. You can have a Frontier for people to practice for wifi battles but I think they could come up with something different for the new region.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; February 5th, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I personally feel that having something else in addition to having the Battle Subway would be the more ideal way to go, so something like what Nica's last post suggested would be fine for me. I hate to be another critic of the Battle Subway, but it just felt incredibly lackluster, and it offered just about nothing new for players that we already haven't really seen before. I could go on and on here, but I digress and it really isn't the point of this topic. XD

That being said though, I'd want something more...fancier than PWT, and more expansive. PWT was definitely a good start, what with battling past and current champions as well as past and current gym leaders, and it shook things up a bit because a lot of them were especially very challenging(I think their Pokemon were max EV'd? Unsure, though). Maybe something like this, but I'd like a lot more variety like in Battle Frontier.

If anything though, I'd like to have just a more challenging and more enjoyable version of Emerald's Battle Frontier. That's forever on my wish list.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Give me a frontier that isn't a facility filled island. I would like it if they were like Gym+. Meaning, you have the PWT which is like the E4 of the facilities. While the PWT would have normal tournaments and special tournaments available from the start, to give players real incentive to battle the facilities, each facility stamp/medal/shiny new collectable would unlock a super hard Tournament to be battled, and perhaps if you get all the facility collectables, you unlock the hardest,most grueling thing existing in Pokemon yet.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here