The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013 (05:29 AM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
What would you do if you were transported to the region of Johto? Maybe one day some sorcerer or wizard muttered a mysterious spell and you blacked out only waking up in Azalea Town or another Johto city? Would you just sit there for a few moments and pinch yourself telling yourself repeatedly "This is just nothing but a dream..."

Or would you be inquisitive and curious, wanting to learn more about your surroundings? Would you try and find a way to escape the region or would you just shrug and move on with life, settling down in a home? Be creative as you like and explain what you would do once you've entered the amazing region of Johto :3. The more creative the post the better c:!
Old January 13th, 2013 (05:31 AM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd probably be in Ecruteak City, cos I love the Japanese-inspired buildings.

Or maybe Olivine City for being close to the Battle Frontier and the beautiful ocean.
Old January 13th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I think I would try to find my way home, train pokemon and see if they can help me return, it seems alot of people are ready to give up everything they have xD If I always lived in Johto then I'd live in Goldenrod because of all the features like the Magnet Train, Department, etc.
Old January 13th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
First off I'd be in absolute shock and just stand there for a few moments, trying to recall what just happened before pinching myself a few times, just to check it isn't one of my wonderful farfetched dreams again. When I realise it isn't, I'd let myself get over it for an hour, then calm down and explore around looking for a few Pokemon to capture for companions. I wouldn't mind living in Johto, so I'd just start a journey and aspire to be a great trainer, maybe get a profession in the Pokemon world then eventually settle down in a quiet town like Azalea or even camp out in a cave :3
. :p
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:34 PM).
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
hmmm............

New Bark Town (Elm's Lab)

Atop Mount Silver (training with Red)

Elm gives me a Starter and I'll train with Red to get stronger to get back home.

Old January 19th, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I would probably be shocked at first. but i would probably travel and train pokemon and try and find a way home eventually. it would be a new experience most definately
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 19th, 2013 (03:43 PM).
zenmaster226
Unhatched Egg

I would first try to figure out what happened , then pinch myself a few times, even go as far as to hit myself with a nail-bored, after I learn where I am, I will see about getting myself a stable supply of money, and a team. Then I would see about get a ride to sinnoh, an then to Cynthia about my capabilities of returning to my world, so I will then travel across the land and defeat the gyms.After many years of training I will then beat all the champions, thereby becoming the grand champion, then I will return back to where I first started in this strange new land. Then I will release all my pokemon and move to Mt. Cornett, to settle down.
-End-
(Great I now need to write a fanfic....)
Old January 30th, 2013 (05:29 AM).
Pillowing
A dash of luck!

My pokemon trainer OC, Clover, actually grew up in Azalea town! So if I randomly just woke up one day as her, I would be so excited and grab my pack and pokemon and be on my way to explore the entire region for my own eyes! Siiigh, I'd personally would LOVE to see and climb the ruins/towers. Or go to the beach at Olivine City! Ohhh, but the dancing hall at Ecruteak City? Wow, and shopping at Goldenrod... Eeee!! I'm sorry, I just want to see everything there!

Hey, I'm AJ.
[DA][Tumblr][Charahub]
Old February 1st, 2013 (02:25 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
As exciting as it would be in a world where Pokemon actually exist, I'd try to find my way home as soon as I could. People would be wondering where I disappeared to, and I'd rather not put a whole bunch of people into panic just so I can wander aimlessly around Johto.

BUT... if it had a similar timeline to something like Narnia (where a year there can pass while only a second does here), I'd probably make my way to Goldenrod and spend a few days there. It's the biggest city in the region, and I'd assume that I'd be able to see all sorts of different Pokemon. I wouldn't even have to own one- just seeing them would be enough for me.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old February 1st, 2013 (09:24 PM).
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm... interesting! I guess I belong in a bustling city, Goldenrod! There's much more to do there in my opinion~
Old February 2nd, 2013 (12:10 AM).
Caelus
Gone

If I were in that situation I would probably go to Olivine City and find a home there, then travel all the way to New Bark Town and start my Pokemon adventure. Right after I become champion I'll train in Mt. Silver and be just like Red, waiting for a trainer to show up and battle them.
Old February 4th, 2013 (05:25 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'd probably find a way to get to Blackthorn, and chill there for as long as needed. Its secluded, I can become a dragon tamer, and I would be laughing at people all day trying to work their way up route 45.
Old February 13th, 2013 (07:52 PM).
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
Seeing as how I'm an electronics nerd, I would just try to see if there's a way to connect the Poké Gear to our telephone and radio frequencies to see if I could contact people I know.
After that failed, I'd probably just live out my life. My family would move on eventually, and if I made my way back, I'd have a collection of epic companions to chill with and destroy whatever opposed me in modern civilization.
And I'd be a better Ash and actually listen to my freakin' theme song and catch more than like 8% of my goal
Old February 15th, 2013 (01:53 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by ISNorden.
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
If some space-time strangeness landed me in Johto, I'd do these things:

1. Ask Professor Elm to help me get my bearings; the geography of the Pokémon world is still newish to me.
  2. Find a reliable Trainer-friend of Elm's who didn't mind a wheelchair-bound traveling companion (or even a Breeder who specialized in "service creatures" for the disabled, if such a concept existed here).
  3. With some local help, explore the region for any clues that might get me back to Reality As We Know It™.
  4. If returning proved unreasonably difficult, settle down in one of the larger cities (Goldenrod perhaps?) and work on becoming a Coordinator; contest battles seem like the best specialty for me, judging by the original anime and my favorite Pokémon. :-) I might not become Johto League material, but contests are still fun events where I could meet more friends.
EDITED TO ADD: I assumed that contests took place everywhere in the Pokémon universe except for the new regions (Gen V and later). Boy, am I embarrassed... I'd probably go for Coordinator training anyhow, even if it meant a lot of commuting between Johto and the regions that hold contests. Goldenrod City is still a decent home base for a traveler to return to!

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old February 18th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
ZePokemonGuy
PokeTuber Novice

Nature: Impish
I would be in utter shock, like would I have any of the items transported with me? Would I have my iPhone in my pocket or would it just simply cease to exist? I would think about my family but the realisation would come to pass that I may never see them again, so I would probably move on.

After gaining my bearings, I would most likely travel eastward to New Bark Town, assuming I was transported to Cherrygrove, and make my way to the Pokemon lab and get a Pokemon (not steal it like that idiot Silver) and begin my journey. Because Johto is nicely connected, I would most likely go along the trainer route and then I would be able to take the Magnet Train to Kanto.
You don't know how much I would love to settle down on one of the Sevii Islands, occasionally making my way back to Johto, like on an annual pilgrimage, to where I was teleported just to mutter the words. 'This is where it all changed...'.

You can now watch me explore Kanto in my FireRed LP, now on the PokeCommunity:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296942

Finally finished Pokemon Black!
Now accepting BW Wi-Fi Battles, mainly Free Battles, I just wanna have fun. :D
BW Friend Code - 2967 8409 8496
If you want a challenge, HeartGold is my best game yet.
I like fossils as well as you can see by my team. :3

#TeamDeoxys
Old March 5th, 2013 (06:55 PM).
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

If I've been thrown in Johto, I would like to instantly have a Pikachu. And we'll train everyday. :D
Old March 7th, 2013 (12:02 PM).
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I would love to go to Goldenrod. But first I would see if it is a dream or if it is real. Then I would probably become a trainer then follow the path towards becoming a Pokemon Master then eventually finding my way back home. I would probably try riding on a flying type Pokemon like a Pidgeot to see if there's a way back to my world or I would fly to other regions and become a champion there as well. c;
Old April 6th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Japnoo
Unhatched Egg

I think i would live with it and be a pokemon trainer and train pokemon, and once my journey gets completed i will go and live in goldenrod city.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
gusfromholland
Megan

Nature: Brave
I'd probably freak out at first xD
But then, I think I'd become a trainer, train as many Eevees as I can and then live in a quiet town like Newbark.
Old April 10th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
I'd walk around, look at my anime hand, find Professer Elm, and start my Journey.
Old April 10th, 2013 (08:09 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I would be that lady who lives by herself on Mount Silver. I would probably spend all my time there training my pokemon and exploring the area to find pokemon to catch. I would also be able to hang with Red :P
Old April 13th, 2013 (01:54 AM).
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
I'd wish to be teleported to Olivine City, because of the city's layout, and proximity to the ocean and Battle Frontier. Though wherever I end up to begin with, I'd try to establish myself first with a job and earn some cash before hitting the road and aim to become a Water/Dragon-type trainer. :)

Just keep swimming~!
Old April 13th, 2013 (03:11 AM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Realistically speaking. I might go into a state of shock and disbelief and most reasonably (and this is dark so excuse me) kill myself as I might never see my family or friends again.

Fantastically speaking. I would probably head to Goldenrod as it was one of my favorite towns in Johto. I might even try to board the SS Anne and head to Kanto, meet good ol', legendary professor himself, Sam Oaks.
Old April 13th, 2013 (06:31 AM).
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

I'd like to go out into the wild and... more than likely die hilariously to the wings of wild Farfetch'd.
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:02 AM).
Navy Blue
Artist

Nature: Modest
I would most-likely be in shock or sadness as I may never see anyone from my past again. Then after a week in a small home (taken in by a new friend/rival's parents?) I would be ready to restart my life and travel the Johto.
Crossing my rival some times, and I would have a traveling partner(girl, maybe?) and epic Pokemon. That would be fun, beating the champion.
Years later I may settle down at a quiet town with a decent house and a wife n' 2 kids.

I'm all planned out. xD

Good day.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links