The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared

Advertise here
The male really does look like Hilbert, but I did really liked Hilbert's design when I first saw it so I don't mind. But still, after him and Nate looking pretty much the same, the new guy's design is pretty unoriginal. But I will still play as him for the game I get first (most likely Y).So I hope we can customize our character so I don't have to look him when I play. I really like the female's design the best it really reminds me of Leaf, but her outfit's nicer. And for once the female character is dressed decently and in a dress and not a tiny shorts/skirt. I'll pick as her on the game I get second.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwnd46 View Post
You might be able to customize your trainer. The male trainer has glasses on his head in one photo and its off in another.. Maybe not a lot of customizables. But it might be there! But i will be choosing the female because the male looks just like the B&W character.
Not to debunk the possibility of character customization, because I'm hoping that it does happen, but the absence of the male protagonist's glasses could be a glitch based on the screenshot here.

Spoiler:
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
The male reminds me of Hilbert even more than Nate did...
I wish I had a clear view of the female from a close distance, it's kind of hard to make out her hair color.
I wonder if they'll have a them for their english names like Sinnoh had Light and Unova had strength (BW) and a pun on the word Resonate (B2W2). Maybe the girl's name will be Xantha, and the guy Yu or something to do with X and Y...or maybe Z even like Zoey and Zen, etc.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I found a neat image on what the protagonist's artwork might look like:

Spoiler:

I sincerely hope she's actually wearing those boots.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post

Spoiler:

Lol I was gonna post that exact picture. I think they look great personally. I'm loving the female's protag design.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Wow, really loving how the protagonists might turn out! They really shine a fresh feeling over this new generation. I feel like the games are going to be a huge hit, don't you think so? xD

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

Spoiler:

I reallyyy like that design. I dislike the male but meh I usually dislike the males. As for her it definitely makes her sprite shine out, so I hope it's something along those lines. Plus the boots are indeed sexy.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
That artwork is pretty nice, especially for the girl. I really would like to have that jacket the male protagonist has on. Other than that and his shades, however, the guy looks all around generic and very much like Hilbert.

I do hope character customization is a thing this generation. That way we can at least make him somewhat more appealing of a character to play as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Wow, really loving how the protagonists might turn out! They really shine a fresh feeling over this new generation. I feel like the games are going to be a huge hit, don't you think so? xD
Given the huge hype the games have generated in less than a month since its announcement, I would say yes.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Aether
Scion of Lorelei

Nature: Modest
The girl reminds me so much of Leaf from FR/LG. It's probably just the hat though. I'm really happy with these designs, not too over-the-top for me like the BW2 ones were.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:48 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Yes, agreed. The only gripe I have is how similar the male looks to Hilbert. I mean, Hilbert had a great design but why is it soooooooooooo similar?
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

Spoiler:

I saw that art on Pixiv, I'd probably like to see the Sugimori art turn out like this.

I have to say the female protagonist is really cool, but I was disappointed with the male's design.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old February 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I can imagine their artwork to look something similar to that, I'm liking the female's design too.

Old February 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Kyonko
Unhatched Egg

I'm really liking the female design, I've always went with the girls, and I know this will be no expection. She looks great :D
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Kyuujin
Unhatched Egg

Male looks like Hilbert, but I'm still gonna play as him. xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:

Spoiler:

That artwork makes me like the guy now. Boots <3 Hopefully they end up looking like that.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:

Spoiler:

That is the first time I was fooled by fanart. They look completely possible, exactly how they should look if we get their art. Are we actually sure these aren't real? Of course they aren't silly, the jacket's too different on the guy, its not open with a white t-shirt underneath like it should be...
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
The female does look way better, so i guess I'll pick her.
But i think their design is going to be improved until the final relesase, because im pretty sure they could look a lot better on the 3DS than what we have seen so far. So time will tell...

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:

Spoiler:

I love the female design, but the male is just...blech to me. The long hair makes him look more feminine than masculine by a long shot, and the boots aren't really helping either.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
The female does look way better, so i guess I'll pick her.
But i think their design is going to be improved until the final relesase, because im pretty sure they could look a lot better on the 3DS than what we have seen so far. So time will tell...
I'm not sure they'll be altering the protagonists too much really. The male (which needs it) probably won't get too much of an overhaul to separate it from Hilbert, which is kind of annoying.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm not sure they'll be altering the protagonists too much really. The male (which needs it) probably won't get too much of an overhaul to separate it from Hilbert, which is kind of annoying.
Well i guess you are probably right...that would kinda suck, but after all its "just" a protagonist right?
Maybe they really do put trainer customization in the game, then it wouldn't be that bad...

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
Most of the scenes in the trailers features the male protagonist, and I must say that he does looks like Hilbert once again, like Nate back then in B2/W2, and I find it too much; ever since Hilbert was introduced, fans must be pleased with the design, that Game Freak continued to make a male protagonist similar to Hilbert in the succeeding games, with just a few alternations and modifications, so it would also appeal to fans. However, it doesn't have that effect anymore this time. I wish they could at least change the male into something different, but I suppose that won't be happening, since they've already shown him to the public view.

I have not seen much of the female protagonist, except her hair and a part of her design, but not entirely like her face. She seems to be pretty although, and I think she'll be a favorite too.

Quote:

Spoiler:

I haven't seen this image before, and it may be a fanart, but it does give a possible close-up of the two protagonists of X and Y. Both characters have that European feeling (well, for me); they have glasses on top of the brim of their cap/hat (which I have no idea whatsoever as to why they have one. Probably just for design and nothing more); they have black boots (though I like the female's more); and they are a bit bony (especially the female protagonist).

But anyways, I hear there's also a possibility of having a trainer customization in the game. In my opinion, that would be delightful, for a change at least. We can design ourselves with the theme we like, so that we don't look the same.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It really is just a second Hilbert. Blue coat, long hair, red hat. It's kind of silly that they'd rehash him so blatantly. If we can customize it then I would be pretty happy, as there's a whole slew of things I would change on the male protagonist (okay, pretty much everything to be honest).
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:06 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

Nature: Calm
If they were going to change up the female protagonist and make her blonde, why couldn't they have done the same thing to the male? As much as I am hoping for customization(especially skin tone), if they at least went with my first statement, it'd be a nice change at least.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Forever
let it go

I guess they'd maybe look too similar to each other (in regards to the non-blonde thing), more like brother and sister than separate protagonists, I'd assume?
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I guess they'd maybe look too similar to each other (in regards to the non-blonde thing), more like brother and sister than separate protagonists, I'd assume?
Some of the other protag pairs already look similar or sibling-like (Dawn and Lucas, Fire and Leaf, Hilda and Hilbert), so this isn't a problem.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here