Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old January 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
I'll be posting my SU today. At least the human portion of it. That dragon part needs a tiny bit more thouht.

EDIT: Woot, finally done with SU! I think i'm pretty happy with the results.

Name: Tobi Gustav
Appearance: Tall about 6ft
Spoiler:

An image i find strikingly similar to how would look(minus the long-ish hair, scarf and guantlet). Credit to Wuglord @ deviantart.com

Dark-skinned, brown eyes, with short, straight and short black hair that is even all around his head not passing the ridge of his forehead.His bodily stucture is slim but slightly muscular due to his training. However aside from that small factor he doesnt really catch the eye or stand out that much from the crowd. Tobi distains wearing much jewlery such as earings, but does wear a gold ring adorned with a green emerald in the middle that was given to him by his mother. Not much perfering to wair armor and likes to stay light, Tobi usually wears a casuall shirt and a hoodied jacket. His sword:
Spoiler:
was a present to him by his father upon reaching 16.

Personality: Usually reserved and quiet you wont often see him in any big conversation. However Tobi's personallity is a bit of a tabuu in the respect that although he doesnt excell in large crowds, he can do just fine in very small groups of familiar people and is very social in familiar situations. You could say the only situation where Tobi doesnt communicate well at all is when he's talking about himself or personal issues, of which he would rather avoid than openning up which he finds awkward and can be somewhat defiant of authority he doesnt agree with.

Despite that, outwardly Tobi is a very kind person who enjoys the company of other people yet greatly enjoys breif periods of peace and alone time(during halfway of which he longs for company again as lonelyness doesnt suit him well). However ever since his bond with Triton, all they need to feel content was the presence of eachother. When he feels like getting away from it all he usually aimlessly rumagess around the forrest practing spells. Usually hes the kinda guy that brings a calming air into the atmosphere. Always wanting to help others and being an overall friendly person. However he is slightly irritable in uncomfortable situations and his first impressions of others sorta stick until he gets to know them better.

History: Tobi is the only child of a wealthy mother and father. His father is a middle ranking royal Knight of Banloress. Thus he grew up with some of the better things he needed in life. His father trains him to be a fully fledged Knight one day however Tobi has refused the position more than once in preference of a simpler life. Reguardless, Tobi still takes on sorcery, swordfighting, survival, and daily physical training to keep in peak form.

Even though Tobi had basically astounding performance in all these taks/trainings, its nothing he found himself convicted to do. Time and time again Tobi would express his discontent with such a bound life. As such on his 17 he announced that he wanted to travel abroad and see the rest of Forgona. His mother was distraught with the idea at first, but his dad was the first to see how this journey would develop his son into a man. As such, his father helped him pack him everything he needed to survive. Had only Tobi listened more carefully about the dangerous that await him just outside of Banloress.

As Tobi gleefully ventured off into the Oldkin Dessert, he was unprepared for a viscious sandstorm that nearly wiped him out. Some of his supplies, washed away in the dessert sands and painfully lost and too at loss of energy for any spells. Upon passing out the next day the last thing Tobi saw and felt were a harsh light and a gust of wind. The next thing he knew, he was in the Kin'unda clinic being taken cared for by its docters. They said he appeared at village out of nowhere unconcious. As surreal as it seemed the docters took care of the boy in need free of charge. When Tobi recovered and said his goodbyes he headed out into the treacherous dessert again with provisions from the village, this time at night when it was cooler.

Before Tobi got far, he was confronted by a large magnificent yellow drake that decended right in front of him. At first Tobi was startled by the dragon. However the golden drake knelt its head down and lowered something of which it was carrying in its mouth. It was Tobi's missing sack! The rest of Tobi's keepsakes and supplies were all preseved inside. As Tobi realised the Drake was the one who saved him, an abrupt rush of sweeping emotions filled befuddled him. It was unti Tobi looked into the dragon's eyes that they were coming from him. After that encounter they were constant companions. Although their journey out of the dessert was a trial, it was worlds easier with Triton(the name Tobi had given him) since he practically lived in the dessert.

Over the corresponding years the two have trecked horizontaly over the land of Forgona, taking up small and short jobs here and there while assisting any lost travelers on their way and generally enjoy helping others. As of now, they are making their way torwards Issathon to see what awaits them.

Occupation: Wandering traveler, hunter, takes on any jobs that come his way.

Spells known:

Potent Cure: A spell that can minor-mid wounds, infections, and certain illnesses or just simply transfer strength. Drains the user's physical energy in proportion to the ailment or wound healed.

Eagle Eye: Gives the user dramatic and pinpoint perception of everything within range of sight, being able to see things from far distances as well as hightening reflexes. Will very slightly strain the eyes if used longer than five minutes.

Elemental: Gives minor manipulation of the elements of Earth, water, fire, and air being able to use them as projects, small sheilds, or wepons, it can also be used in other ways.
Such as; Earth- crafting items from stone, Air- increased agility or a tailwind, Fire- Melding, lighting candles Water- creating small air pockets underwater

Illusionist: If one were to look into the user's eyes, it will put the victom under an illusion of the user's choice for a short period of time. Approximately 3 minutes max. Another visual spell and cannot be used in rapid succesion(depending on how long the illusion was).

Dragon Species: Light Drake
Spoiler:
Name: Triton
Description:
The picture of the example you showd of a light drake in the introduction, is absolutely excellent at depicting how I would like Triton to look like, albeit in his adualt stage
Even in his adolecent stage Triton is a dragon to behold. A marvelous wingspan, narrow snout with an intelligent gaze and golden scales that seem to glow vibrantly under bright sunlight, many people would rather gaze at such as regal looking dragon than run and hide. The horns on his head are almost reaching the size of adualhood and has three scale plates that run down the neck. Although a dragon of tremendous strength and durability that hasnt been trumped by any other dragons his age so far, his sleek build gives him good manuverability and speed in the air.

Personality: Triton is more of a passive and wise dragon than anything else. Preferring to obseerve the world around him rather than get envolved in unnecessary quarrels. As a Light Drake, Triton prides in his abillity to passively stun agressors. If further provoked he can amp up his light magic to create a flash bang of sorts to immobilize and temporaily blind an attacker. However he would hardly ever consider completely burning someone's eyes the point of perma-blindness.

Triton is very curious and inquisitive. Triton and Tobi have an extreemly tight relationship and can more often than not, intercept eachother's emotions and interpret eachother's needs. Although Triton isnt known to be an agressive dragon, he can be downright ferocious when Tobi is in danger, and can sometimes be overprotective. Despite that he has no problems befriending other dragons/animals but only trusts other humans that Tobi considers allies. His quick wit is what usually pulls Tobi and himself out of any dangers that they mind find themselves into.

Sample RP:

It was sunset and Tobi was cooking his portion the the deer Triton had hunted in a bonfire created with a fire spell. Triton had his fill and rests pressed to Tobi's side. Triton prodded Tobi with a wing uupon sensing an uneasy feeling in his trainer.

Tobi chuckled. "Oh, its nothing." Tobi sighed and gazed up at the moon and stars that gazed down at the forrest around them. "I guess you could say I'm just nervous at the thought of getting to Issathon. I dont know why exactly, because I come from a fortess myself. Its just we've been out and about between small villages and the wilderness for so long. And theres that thing about dragons disapearing and people falling ill..."

Triton grunted and shook his head, as if willing his friend to dismiss these thoughts.

Tobi patted his draggon on the head. "Yea I guess you're right. No use getting cold feet now. And we have a big day ahead of us tommorow. Before we get to Issathon we'll pass by Itim. The pevious village said we'd be sure to find some supplies there". Tobi then put out the fire, and they both drifted off in peaceful slumber.

----------------------------

The next day the two where about a mile from the village when they heard an alarming scream. Tobi imediately mounted Triton's back and they two strode through the undergrowth of the forrest until they came to a clearing. It seemed to be a hooded theif was trying to rob a young damsel, holding her by the neck with a pocket knife.

The hooded assaulter chuckled. "Why do you make this so difficult? Just tell me wear you hid the gold peices and i'll let you go."

The bold young woman spat and retorted sharply, "Lies! How do I know you wont just kill me after I tell you?? I'd rather let my mother's riches rott before I give them to a brute like you!"

The man's grip tightened in fustration. "Dont trifle with me! I'm no longer amused by this little game of-". Before the theif could utter another word, a sharp blast of light and sound the man causing him to fall to the ground with a sharp yelp, confused and stunned. Seconds after he feels a sharp blow to the cranium and his knocked unconcious. Upon his awakening he is bound tightly tree with nothing to ponder but his immenent arrest as soldriers from the village of Itim stride torwards his location, curtesy of a selfless dragon and his rider.
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling

Last edited by CourageHound; October 3rd, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
@Courage- You are accepted~ You may make your first post whenever you can o3o

Also, since Cutielaurenie has neglected to finish her SU after nearly a month or reply to either of the VMs I sent her, she is being removed. Which means there's room for anyone who wants to join later on in the RP, especially now that I've figured out how to integrate new members in later on so this RP won't crash and die if people have to leave XD

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze
Curse of Hogwarts (OOC/IC) as Fitz Kuroji

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
I would like to reserve the last spot. I will have a profile up in a day or so.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@EvilSkittles- But of course~ You are reserved.

@Allthoselazypeoplewhohaven'tpostedyet- Get ya posts in, peeps .w.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:56 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Whelp Alistar's char sheet got corrupted. It'll take me a little longer, sorry for the hold up.
Spoiler:
Name: Alistar Callan
Appearance:
Carries a broad battle axe

Personality: Tends to act the age his looks portray. He is laid back with seemingly no end of confidence.

History: Alistar was the apple of his village, Ardan, and a terror to his parents. His cute looks and charm allowed him to get away with almost all. Occupation: Thief and general vagabond

Spells known:
I'm not a thief, honest- subtely influences feelings of trust in target. Can influence a max of three targets at a time. With the inclusion of each extra target the less intense the feeling is. Affected by his appearance i.e. it pretty much would hav no effect if he was cover in blood or was looking actively menacing

Dragon Species: Dragonne
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

That's fine~ Just tell me when you're done.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Edit: Finished
Spoiler:
Name: Alistar Callan

Appearance: Alistar's looks are those of a much younger boy. He is freckled and tan from many hours outside. His wide green eyes, snubbed nose and thick mop of bright red curls add to his innocent look. He is short, coming in at 5'3 and looks like the wind could blow him over. Yet underneath his clothes is compact muscle that proves he can wield the broad battle axe he carries.
Being a thief and vagabond, his clothing is never really consistent. He generally stays with greens and browns. He loves hooded cloaks and usually snatches one up, the only consistent thing is his pair of leather boots.

Personality:
Alistar is insatiably curious; always touching, poking or prodding. He particularly likes shiny things and will pocket most of what he can get his hands on. He also loves collecting secrets and listens in on the gossip wherever he goes.

He is too confident by half which sometimes leads him to trouble that most of the time his quick wit and charm get him out of, other times not so much. He is easy going and friendly with a mischievous streak a mile wide. His laid back nature is seemingly at odds with the glee that he wields his axe and the vindictiveness towards those he does not like.

History: Alistar was the apple of his village, Ardon, and a terror to his parents. He was always bothering the the travelers that came through the village. Begging a story here, pocketing a trinket there; his cute looks letting him get away with almost all.

As he grew older, he began to set his sites on the ladies. Practicing his charm which lead to many unhappy fathers and sticky situations. At age eighteen he decided to leave his small village to see the land, leaving behind parents that would miss him dearly but were all too eager for some piece and quiet.

Alistar and Cecil met while Alistar was traveling through the Oldkin desert. Alistar unknowingly shot Cecil's prey right out from beneath his nose. Cecil was not happy to say the least and tracked Alistar down, intending to kill him. When Cecil found Alistar, he discovered the signs of a bond between them. Knowing he could not kill the human now but still annoyed broke Alistar's bow into tiny pieces and dragged the human back to his pride.
Poor Alistar's experience was this dragonne suddenly appearing, snapping his bow and dragging him off. Not to mention the overwhelming rush of emotions that paralyzed him.
Since then Alistar and Cecil have been traveling together. Cecil does the hunting.

Spells known:
Trust in me- Subtly influences feelings of trust in target. Can influence a max of three targets at a time. With the inclusion of each target, the less intense the feeling.

Open Sesame- Allows him to open any lock except for enchanted ones

Shadow Sneak- He can slip in shadows for a short burst of time as it drains his magic quickly.

Puppet Master- Can create clone of himself and control a clone of himself. Clone only lasts five minutes and will disappear if struck. Uses all of his magic to create.
Dragon Species: Dragonne
Name: Cecil
Description: Cecil is 4tf, from foot to shoulder, tall and roughly 6ft long.He is streamlined with a powerful legs meant for running and broad wings. He is a rusty brown with sharp scales Alsitar has cut himself on many times. The scales running down his neck that form a sort of mane are a bright blond in color.

Personality: Cecil is a proud and throughly sarcastic being. He is a touch lazy and takes much prodding to do something he has no vested interest in. He is quick to annoy and quicker to anger, he doesn't suffer insult lightly. He delights in fighting and is always spoiling for one. His relationship with Alsitar is vitrolic, each delighting in the other's misfortune. When push comes to shove he will protect Alistar fiercly. Only he is allowed to harm his human.

RP Sample
Spoiler:
Alistar flew threw the village, wet curls plastered to his face;tugging on a pair of pants he snagged on the way out. His substitute was still back at the inn and he hoped to be gone before it disappeared.

How was he suppose to know the necklace he borrowed would be missed so soon? The silvered gleaned in the sun, it had been calling to him and the old woman wouldn’t appreciate it like he would.

Skidding to a stop inside the clearing where Cecil was staying, Alistar sank down to the soft grass in relief. He was probably safe now but he didn’t relish the thought of getting caught. He had been thrown in a cell before and even the tiniest of places had somewhere to throw undesirables. One time it was a sturdy tree towards the center of town. He was tied there for three days before Cecil bothered to look for him. The dragon had insufferable.

Alistar rolled to his feet with a sigh. He walked around looking for something to wake Cecil with, preferably a nice rock

Last edited by EvilSkittles; February 19th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@Skittles- Yeah, just make your sample longer. The one you have right now is way to short o.o' Also, I noticed in what you have you had Cecil able to speak. Dragonne can't speak XD

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:14 AM
CourageHound

I'm pretty excited to see what the King has in store for us when we are all gathered there at once
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

I'll probably make another post sometime next week. I was gonna wait until Ice and Skittles posted, but I don't wanna hold everyone else up.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Typh

what would you guys think if we bounced what was going on off of each other, ie. Tobi and Rutack bump into each other in the castle and have an encounter? that way we could keep things moving at a pace of sorts, kind of side conversation/ encounters between players while waiting for things to move forward.
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@Typh- That's a great idea, actually~ Feel free to interact with any characters in the area.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

I'm sorry internet has been out here. I've rigged up a temp solution and will have something up soon.
Old February 16th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@Skittles- A'right. Don't mean to rush ya, but the sooner the better o3o

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typh View Post
what would you guys think if we bounced what was going on off of each other, ie. Tobi and Rutack bump into each other in the castle and have an encounter? that way we could keep things moving at a pace of sorts, kind of side conversation/ encounters between players while waiting for things to move forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
@Typh- That's a great idea, actually~ Feel free to interact with any characters in the area.
That sounds pretty cool. I'll get to posting right away!
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

I'll make a post with the king and such once everyone's ready and arrived in Issathon.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:47 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Every thing is up but before I make my opening post where do I need to be to get this ball rolling?
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

@Skittles- Anywhere is fine, just make your way to Issathon within the next few posts. The method and reason is up to you.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Oops, it was there in bold in the very first post.
Anyway my post is up, is there any particular posting order? Also anyone is free to interact with Alistar, maybe try to figure out what the hell he is doing. :D
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nope, not really. Just the typical "give others some time to react" type of thing.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:47 AM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

I'm going to quite literally drop in on the group gathered. If there are any problems, I'll go back and edit my post.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Typh

@EvilSkittles: just wondering, who is the brown haired man you bump into? a guard?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Anybody, It was suppose to be you but then I realized that I would need ask before I do that. Basically, I wanted to drop in on that little group that formed in the hallway.

Edit: Oops, not you CourageHound

Last edited by EvilSkittles; February 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:25 PM
CourageHound

Hey guys. Not feelin too good atm so I wont be posting for a day or two, or at least until fortwork's next post. Whichever comes first
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Well, my next post might not be for awhile since I'm currently trying to catch up in school since I was absent for 2 days last week cause I was sick. Once I'm caught up, I'll make another post.

Roleplays I am in:

Roleplays I GM:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here