The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisersaur View Post
Wow. Your music is really good mate. I think the music should represent the ambience or feeling or the area you're in, like the first route you go through after receiving your first pokemon should have a fast paced exciting beat. Your hometown should have a happy but almost nostalgic music. And about the battle music I think they should go and re-visit the first gen music.
I really do not look forward to the hometown music. :( It was only really okay in Nuvema really and in everything else not as much. I'd love it if it's not really happy but just upbeat and nostalgic I guess kind of like Unova route 10 <3
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Normally most of the hometown themes from each generation sound more like a... breezy town kind of music. Think of Nuvema Town and New Bark Town as examples of those things, they sound more like you're beginning your adventure and the feeling of the town being calm and peaceful.

So I'd think the same thing would happen with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, unless the player starts in a city like as in Black Version 2 and White Version 2.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Forever
let it go

But upbeat can work too, given that it's a whole new journey and ~exciting~ and generally when receiving your first Pokemon it's an exciting experience :3
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Aspertia has the best 'breezy' feel though. Nuvema doesn't have that upbeat feel to it. Then again, my own theme isn't that much upbeat either. Reminds me of New Bark.

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Aspetria had the best Home Town music since Littleroot Town IMO, I'm hoping they can capture a similar piece for this regions Home Town.

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Junichi Masuda's been improving a lot. I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

ALSO, I've finally finished my newest theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4FTp60Fz-c

[Pokemon X and Y - City of Tranquility ] (Designed to be the 'opposite' counterpart of the City of Souls, my second latest production, this theme is like a small beacon of hope, a 'good luck' present for those who are about to embark themselves on a long, tiresome journey.)

Can someone give me some feedback

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego

Last edited by Fenne-kun; February 5th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne-kun View Post
Junichi Masuda's been improving a lot. I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

ALSO, I've finally finished my newest theme ^^

[Pokemon X and Y - City of Tranquility ] (Designed to be the 'opposite' counterpart of the City of Souls, my second latest production, this theme is like a small beacon of hope, a 'good luck' present for those who are about to embark themselves on a long, tiresome journey.)

Can someone give me some feedback ^^
This is a brilliant theme! I think it would actually be more fitting for a city, somewhat like the one that was shown in the trailer. It just has that feel of the city being really busy and everyone walking from one place to another

Actually, I think this one would be perfect for the city that was shown in the trailer, y'know... the one that has the Eiffel Tower in it. ^^

I think you're just as good as Junichi Masuda would be in his music composing. ;)

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Maybe they're gonna do like a general -theme- of music with their sound track. Like.. in the remake of Gen 2, it sort of feels more Asian esque imo. So perhaps they're gonna incorprate some sort of techno? I dunno, I just say techno, because... it feels techno themed to me.

I really hope that they'll have us have sort of a nostalgic blast and have remixed music~! Maybe like in a cameo battle?
This~! I'd especially love it if they were to put some kind of techno music there, especially something catchy and dance-y and whatnot(probably a weird way of wording it, oh well. XD).

As long as this generation has something catchy and that I can dance to, I'm good. n_n
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
This is a brilliant theme! I think it would actually be more fitting for a city, somewhat like the one that was shown in the trailer. It just has that feel of the city being really busy and everyone walking from one place to another

Actually, I think this one would be perfect for the city that was shown in the trailer, y'know... the one that has the Eiffel Tower in it.

I think you're just as good as Junichi Masuda would be in his music composing.
Oh my goodness...thank you so much for the compliment! It's now the 'featured work' at the arts page! Still, Junichi Masuda is PROFESSIONAL xp he's been working there for like, so many years. I'm like 15 years old x3 I think I'll have time to catch up though :D
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Hm... I'm expecting the music when the Gym Leader is down to his/her last Pokémon to be something like this in Pokémon X and Y:

Now I can just imagine myself battling one of the new gym leaders in Pokémon X and Y.

Old February 24th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Forever
let it go

So I was wondering yesterday but forgot to bring it up. Does anyone else think that the additional music, like the violins etc in the random locations in B/W that add to the soundtrack will return again? Do you think they'll be way more common this time?
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
gold/silverFTW
Ecruteak Champion

I would really love the main Paris city to have french-like music with accordions and french vocals. That would be awesome! It would be cool to also add instruments on or off when talking to people, like at Village Bridge. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne-kun View Post

ALSO, I've finally finished my newest theme

Can someone give me some feedback
That was pretty good, actually! It sorta reminds me of Aspertia City and Castelia City mixed together, and it sounds great! Good job!

Last edited by gold/silverFTW; February 24th, 2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Angel
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
The names X and Y make me think of genetics and science and such, so I can definitely see the music having a bit of an electric/techno feel to it. ...Because science = techno XD
Oh wow, I hope so.
I would love to see a more electric feel to the Pokemon music.

I want the music to stand out. For example, a lot of the music in R/S/E didn't catch my interest. It was mostly just some background music.
So I'm hoping the music will be a bit more memorable and catchy than previous music.
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:45 AM
LudicoloDude

Nature: Jolly
I hope they put some hint music for possible remakes, just like they did in previous games.
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The one thing I'm hoping for in terms of music is now that we've advanced systems, having more than just the sound system we've had before. I'd love to see some full orchestra music incorporated for things like Gym battles, as it would just sound much more dramatic and intense that the Gameboy instruments that we're used to.
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yeah actual instruments would be a godsend, no more MIDI please. For anyone who would wonder what Pokemon music with orchestration is like, direct yourselves to the title music of B2W2.
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Exactly. The title screen for B2/W2 was incredibly done, and I'd love to see that carry through for the rest of the games. The MIDI files are kind of outdated now I feel like. Actual instruments would sound amazing.
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
If there was any form of techno/electric music whatsoever in these games, then I'm pretty much set and don't really care what the rest are! xD
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
The one thing I'm hoping for in terms of music is now that we've advanced systems, having more than just the sound system we've had before. I'd love to see some full orchestra music incorporated for things like Gym battles, as it would just sound much more dramatic and intense that the Gameboy instruments that we're used to.
I think this'll happen imo. Given that they're going 3D I'm sure they want to go all out, even with sound. They want the games to make a big impact on the series, really.

Sponsored Links