• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Magikarps Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Don't worry, a new download will be avalible soon with more added to it. This means more map changes and a different way to get the Magikarp at the start.

Years
Alright, since the start of Team Misunderstood Chaos the bugs have been fixed and mapping is moving along swiftly.

I think I've kept the most part of you waiting waaaaay too long for this preview beta - practically alpha so remember to save frequently to aviod having to go through the starting bit again!

Either way the hack will be up in say an hour, let me just finish mapping and I'll post a link!

As always post bugs and errors as and when you find them and what you did for it to happen, if the bugs been said before you don't need to say it again.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
This is amazing :)

Just from reading through the comments this has a, chaos to it that appeals to me! I might actually be able to finish this hack willingly instead of muscling through it.

Years
Glad your enjoying it, there is still much more story to add into this along with easter eggs!

But it shouldn't take too long since Team Misunderstood Chaos has now got a rutine: I map on the week days and send it to our scripter on the weekends. This way the scripting is keeping up with the mapping.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I like your idea. I always thought..."Oh. Poor Magikarp :/". And I always thought Magikarp would be...like this: "People...I swear to god when I evolve I'll destroy you!" Lol. Well, I'll play the first beta.

Years
Thanks! I hope it will be... Someday!

By the way who made that title screen in your sig? I need someone to edit rubys title screen for this hack.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Oh, I made the title screen, it's for my Firered hack!
I'm not entirely sure how to do the Ruby title screens, I'm sure it's similar
but the offsets would be different so I'd be a bit stuck. The animation might
be a problem as well, not sure though.

Years
11bayerf1 - Looks good! And yeah, I looked at how to do it for ruby but couldn't quite get the hang of it... Would you mind giving it a shot for this hack? It doesn't matter for the animation, mostly just get it to say the title and have magikarp in the background.

JordanTGx - There is a download availble at the end of the first post, but it's no where near done yet. And oh I intend on it to be!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Why did you not choose Firered as base? I prefer the graphics of FR 100x time over Ruby...
Anyway, good luck. I´m really excited to see what the final hack will look like. I can imagine: Beat Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza with a Magikarp.

Years
Becasue you can do the most to it and besides, the graphics will probably change when we find someone who can do that...

And haha please, the games going to be harder then that!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Hi there, just wanted to say that I've been anticipating the second beta release ever since I played the first. :) However, I do have some concerns about it. The largest is Magikarp's starting moveset. In the prior release it knew Tackle from the start, but in this latest it only knows Splash and Leer. I can't train Magikarp anymore, and this makes any progression in the game impossible. My second concern is more of a nitpick than anything else, but I did feel a little cheated that I couldn't nickname Magikarp straight away. (Again, a minor thing.) What I DID like was the change in how you obtained the Magikarp. It was mysterious, and left me wondering what was to come. So, there's just one big thing that I assume is a bug, but a major hindrance to gameplay.

Years
Hey, thanks for being with this hack since the start, means a lot! But I was unaware of this moveset change... I'll have a look at it and fix this ASAP. As with the nickname, although it is actually given to you, I supose I can but the nickname script in for you. Glad you liked the new way, it was a kind of hard thing to think of, I couldn't make the player battle anyone to prolong the moments, so I had to think of how it could of worked, the ending result being that. I can see how it'd be a hinderance since you don't get the pokeballs till later on... After you defeat your rival!

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Since these last three karp are special and more powerful then the others what if yours could be shiny to show how it's different? Also I think a gold magikarp would make people want to train it. Another thing, try and add the physical/special split if you haven't already. Gyarados can't use any stab water moves without the physical/special split drastically lowering his viability.

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
Years
Hmm. This is definitely an interesting idea. I'm glad you're changing Magikarp's moveset though; it would be the most infuriating hack on the planet otherwise.
I like the idea of you using the images of Magikarp/Gyarados from the 2nd banner in your sig as well. That would definitely set them apart from your average Magikarp.
In terms of Magi's stats being increased, that's a good idea for a lot of reasons; especially for when it evolves. I've always found Gyarados to be distinctly average, maybe a little bit above at best. It will be nice to have one with better stats and possible move pool. I wish you the best of luck with finishing it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back