Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Codaq
Togepi

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Firstly, I hope that you are Italian yourself and know what you're talking about, because I don't want any real Italians taking offense from your SU ;
No, I am not Italian and I know what I'm talking about. If any real italians take offense from my SU (which I hope not to occur, because we live in a free and indulgent society) they must come and talk to me, leaving you and your RPG apart from that question.

Quote:
Secondly, he grew up at a monastery and is roaming Europe now, more or less? So how come he starts playing MAO? He doesn't seem to have ever heard of pokémon before. How did he afford a NerveGear? Does he even have a home to play in, or where is he when he starts the game?
You didn't pay attention to what the character told. Let me post here the answer for your questions:

Quote:
I heard you could provide some escape from the real world to another one, where you can do whatever you wish and accomplish great things.
He just wants to "escape" from the reality and enter a new whole world where he can do (almost) everything he wants to.

Quote:
Where can I start?
He's asking the person what can he do in order to enter MAO, a.k.a where can he purchase the NerveGear and create his character. And does it matter where he is when he enters MAO? That's kinda irrelevant, imo.

Quote:
I'd like you to connect his wild history with why and how he entered MAO. Other than that, I liked the SU and your writing
I hope you now understand how the connection is established. Maybe I kept the history too subjective or maybe I didn't express myself properly. Mea culpa in both cases.

"Over the harsh nudity of truth - the diaphanous robe of fantasy"
The Relic, Eça de Queiroz

Last edited by Codaq; January 21st, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
So he just heard of pokémon and thought he'd forget about the real world for a while? Fair enough.

It doesn't matter very much at the moment, where he is in the real world when he's playing MAO, no. It might in the far future though. I find it a bit difficult to read SUs written from first person perspective, but you seem like a capable enough writer so I'll accept you with this :3

I almost thought you were asking Where can I start? out of character as a question directed to us in this thread ^^ You are free to start in any of the areas presented in the second post of the IC thread, anyways, and you may move freely between areas and do what you think your character would do.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Codaq
Togepi

Quote:
So he just heard of pokémon and thought he'd forget about the real world for a while? Fair enough.

It doesn't matter very much at the moment, where he is in the real world when he's playing MAO, no. It might in the far future though. I find it a bit difficult to read SUs written from first person perspective, but you seem like a capable enough writer so I'll accept you with this :3

I almost thought you were asking Where can I start? out of character as a question directed to us in this thread You are free to start in any of the areas presented in the second post of the IC thread, anyways, and you may move freely between areas and do what you think your character would do.
The beauty of writing in the first-person perspective is that you have always to re-read the text in order to understand the real meaning of it. That's why I always write that way. And because is a lot more easy to me hahaha.

I would never ask "Where can I start?" in the middle of a SU xD! Thank you for accepting me. We'll see each other around!

Old January 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Here's my SU. It's almost done. Sorry about the time it's taking.

Real Age: 19
Real Gender: Male

Personality: Shane is a bit...hot-headed. Whenever things start to go south, he starts to go mad. He isn't one to forgive easily, so if you anger him once, he won't forgive you unless you do something like save his life. Whene he's nervous, he'll burst out with random comments. He's very smart and he prides himself as a Grade-A gamer. He's a proud owner of every MMO released for the Nervegear, and he's reached the highest level on all of them, making him a bit arrogant. Derek isn't exactly smooth, but he isn't awkward. He is also a bit clumsy, despite his deep voice.

History:

Avatar Appearance: Shadow is roughly 6'6. He weighs 160 pounds. His face is angular, but it's rather rough. He isn't exactly handsome, nor is he attractive. He's extremely average looking. His hair is long and black, his eyes purple. He face is covered by a slight, black beard. His cheek bones are prominent, but not too prominent. There is nothing handsome about it. His legs are long and lanky. His arms are just as long and lanky. He isn't very athletic.
Starter Pokémon: Shade the Sneasel: Level 10 - Faint Attack, Icy Wind, Ice Punch, Double Team - Inner Focus

Roleplay Sample: (provide a post from another RP you've been in. As recent as possible, but it should still reflect how you are planning to post in this RP. If you really have no sample post, type something up on the spot to show off!)
Spoiler:

Bakura Jinguar: A Strange Occurance

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I was just doin' my thing, buyin' some fries, eatin' some burgers. The usual. I was having a jolly old time...Damned digimon and their screwing up my life. I was just trying to eat my damned hamburger. Grah! I'm so damn mad! Anyways, where was I? Ah, yes.

I was running throughout the street without a care in the world....except I was hungry. Always hungry. Friggin' stomach and its smallness. I wish I could punch it in the stomach....wait...I'd be punching myself in the stomach. Damn logic....Well, I downed a large fry in moments and I scarfed down a hamburger. Best hamburger I ever had, Five Guys. I friggin' love their food. It's amazing.

These friggin' cars kept coming at me. They were running from the corrupt Digimon. Who wouldn't these days? They were terrifying. A good question would be why I'M not running away from them. They had seperated me from my parents earlier. It wasn't like I missed them. Tch. What kind of sappy little woose do you take me for? They were good parents and all, but I feel like they smother me. It's really irritating, ya know?

I dodged this car and kept running, only to be knocked aside by the next one. I stood up to come face-to-face with a...red...dinosaur. "What. The. Hell. Are. You?" I asked the creature with a pause between each word.

The dinosaur replied. "I-I'm Guilmon. My friends called me Gil..." He seemed a little quiet. "Wh-who are you?" He was nervous. I could tell.

"I'm Bakura. Come with me. The Corrupts are coming!" Bakura had started to give the corrupt Digimon their own title: The Corrupts. Guilmon nodded, and Bakura took off with Guilmon right behind him. "I don't suppose you're a corrupt, so we're cool." Guilmon just nodded and followed behind. They rounded the corner of the next block to come across a horde of corrupts. "Damn. This blows."
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy

Last edited by <Challenger>; January 21st, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codaq View Post
The beauty of writing in the first-person perspective is that you have always to re-read the text in order to understand the real meaning of it. That's why I always write that way. And because is a lot more easy to me hahaha.

I would never ask "Where can I start?" in the middle of a SU xD! Thank you for accepting me. We'll see each other around!
Well, in fiction that might be true. In roleplaying it's mostly annoying if a text is difficult to understand ;d But even roleplaying text should be beautiful if possible! Welcome and I hope you'll have fun. See Albero in Violet or something~

@ heretostay, let me know when you finish it!

¤
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Ohhh MAO gym leader moveset conspiracies~ :3

Yikes, if Falkner is that scary, I can't wait to see how people react to Whitney. ;___;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Actually, Miltank is creepy enough as it is xD

Well, the gym leaders are the main bosses for now ;)

¤
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Hmm, machomuu's post with Mr Pokémon gives me ideas on what I might do with that NPC in the future... ;)

I've been thinking of something, btw. Since we're all posting in a mess here, being able to interact whenever we want and with the same NPCs, should we let the first RPer to encounter a NPC set the example of how that person should act?

Say, the first one of us to meet the master sage in the Sprout Tower makes him seem like a butterfly loving old man who only talks in rhymes. Should we make that canon and have all the players interacting with him later stay true to that first personality?

This would help making MAO's Johto feel like a place we are in together. Of course we'd have to try and not be too extreme when making NPC's personalities :P And always follow whatever guidelines I've put up in the area info post about a NPC.

Otherwise, like I think we've done now to some extent, we could just have the NPCs act in whatever way we like and disregard the other RPer's posts. But I think this is a RP where we should read each other's posts and try to figure out ways to have our paths intersect in direct or indirect ways and having our NPCs act the same would help.

Thoughts?

¤
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Codaq
Togepi

Quote:
Hmm, machomuu's post with Mr Pokémon gives me ideas on what I might do with that NPC in the future...

I've been thinking of something, btw. Since we're all posting in a mess here, being able to interact whenever we want and with the same NPCs, should we let the first RPer to encounter a NPC set the example of how that person should act?

Say, the first one of us to meet the master sage in the Sprout Tower makes him seem like a butterfly loving old man who only talks in rhymes. Should we make that canon and have all the players interacting with him later stay true to that first personality?

This would help making MAO's Johto feel like a place we are in together. Of course we'd have to try and not be too extreme when making NPC's personalities And always follow whatever guidelines I've put up in the area info post about a NPC.

Otherwise, like I think we've done now to some extent, we could just have the NPCs act in whatever way we like and disregard the other RPer's posts. But I think this is a RP where we should read each other's posts and try to figure out ways to have our paths intersect in direct or indirect ways and having our NPCs act the same would help.

Thoughts?
I totally agree with your idea of letting the first RPer to set the personality of a certain NPC. That would give more realism to the RP itself and make each one of us read everyone's posts. Also, "cannoning" the personalities would be a great way to get ideas on making plots using the NPCs.

Old January 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
ok I'll try to get into the school soon then.
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Ok, Fuyu really isn't posting :p So I'll stop waiting and post about Krissu getting the pokédex and getting involved with the fire soon. Tomorrow, probably.

How are you others holding up? Have any plans for your characters? Are you waiting on each other or just not sure what to post at the moment?

You are free to begin challenging Falkner if you feel ready in Violet :3 There's still Sprout Tower and stuff though. But the first one to beat Falkner is in for something of a treat~

¤
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

I'm actually working on my post now... sorry about that, my computer charger came in today...

EDIT: Posted.
"What Tama wishes for is..."

Last edited by Fuyu; February 1st, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
I need to post, but I think I need some inspiration. Does anybody want to interact? I feel like I've been doing a lot of solo posts and that's my fault. Stupid Solomon is not good at sticking around people xD.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Fel's heading towards the fire, so he's free.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu View Post
I'm actually working on my post now... sorry about that, my computer charger came in today...

EDIT: Posted.
Waah! Heartbreaking! Krissu was with her out of pity, yes... This can turn into a character building adventure for Ange :)

¤
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

geez i gotta pester retro bug more and more DON'T I?! GOD!!!!!!

i feel so far behind everyone. D:
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
geez i gotta pester retro bug more and more DON'T I?! GOD!!!!!!

i feel so far behind everyone. D:
I haven't even gotten away from Mr Pokémon yet :p so don't worry.

¤
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

x3 I live to make something dramatic. Ange has like no self-esteem so I thought it'd be interesting to play on that.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

I'll post soon! I'm preoccupied with some RL stuff and a joint post + GM duties in another RP atm, is all.

¤
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

No rush, no rush. I have to figure out exactly where this is going anyway. xD

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Hope you've enjoyed my latest post~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
I think I'm coming down with something.
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Mmm, well, if someone else is ready to post, I wanna do that bit with the forest fire~ And maybe have a few cameo NPC characters (well some of my old RP characters!)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Mmm, well, if someone else is ready to post, I wanna do that bit with the forest fire~ And maybe have a few cameo NPC characters (well some of my old RP characters!)
I'll soon be there! Let's interact? Joint post or just in the IC?

¤
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
I'll soon be there! Let's interact? Joint post or just in the IC?
Both ways work for me!

Mmm, we could do it on the IC then? :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here