The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... I would really like to see many new types of berries in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I would love to see them return as being able to grow them as trees.

Maybe your player's home might have a garden where you can grow berries as well? That would be so cool, considering that previous Pokémon games never had houses that had backyards.
That's because practically no house in Pkmn games have backyards, and as stated before there's no point in introducing more berries unless it's one or two more that replenish your health ala potion/super potions; similar to what oran/sitrus berries do.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
The only thing I can think of is a relation to space and another dimension like Deoxys.
Wait: X could mean Xerneus's having been confined to land, Y could mean Yveltal having been granted access to the sky with its wings, and Z could imply that the third legendary swims beneath the surface of the sea!
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
That's because practically no house in Pkmn games have backyards, and as stated before there's no point in introducing more berries unless it's one or two more that replenish your health ala potion/super potions; similar to what oran/sitrus berries do.
Well the Villa in Platinum had a front garden, and the player's house in Black 2 and White 2 had a garden to the side (though it was just for looks). I don't see why they couldn't have something like that.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd be in favour of that, you could enter through the back of your house in which you could personalize with crops and patches, plant seeds, sort of like a Gardening activity.

Asylum
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I can see movement glitches. One bad thing about the game coming out internationally in the same month is that if a major glitch is discovered, it can't be fixed in localisations because...they'll already be localized! So that might be ugly, but hopefully not. That Zoroark glitch isn't too hard to avoid and I doubt a lot of us have the Japanese games (oops guess I'll have to watch out for it).

I guess it would be fixed in later copies, like how they fixed things in later copies of Ocarina of Time and removed the original Fire Temple theme. Sucks for those of us that might get a messed up copy on release day though.
Mario Kart 7 got patched, and so can Pokémon X and Y.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Speaking of downloading stuff, I wonder if there will be any event items that will let us catch a rare Pokémon like Darkrai.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

BTW Sydian, I'm sure if you ask Nintendo, they can get you a patched copy. You may have to pay for shipping however.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Well the Villa in Platinum had a front garden, and the player's house in Black 2 and White 2 had a garden to the side (though it was just for looks). I don't see why they couldn't have something like that.
You dropped two examples out of how many regions now? This is what I'm getting at...it's not done often enough to form a serious speculation out of it.
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:13 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
You dropped two examples out of how many regions now? This is what I'm getting at...it's not done often enough to form a serious speculation out of it.
The Berry Master's garden in Hoenn, Mr. Backlot's mansion and Bill's house also come to mind.
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
The Berry Master's garden in Hoenn, Mr. Backlot's mansion and Bill's house also come to mind.
Hmm, fair enough. If it were more widespread I'd be more inclined to see it happening. Maybe if they make a big deal out of everyone having gardens.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well the French do love to be outdoors so maybe. I do expect giant gardens in front of the mansion/castles.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:13 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope we see some castles. Maybe the evil team can take the owners hostage or something.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

We had N's Castle in BW which was where he resided so it would be kinda doing the same routine again, maybe there could be one for decoration purposes that you could explore in 3D and look out over the region from the rooftop.

Asylum
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:29 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
We had N's Castle in BW which was where he resided so it would be kinda doing the same routine again, maybe there could be one for decoration purposes that you could explore in 3D and look out over the region from the rooftop.
I think that'd be nice, like Aspertia's City's lookout.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:44 AM
ilovejirachi123
Unhatched Egg

what if the leader of the evil team was a rich and respected man or woman. this way it is almost like a mystery and it wouldn't be so oveus like in BW.

P.S. maybe he could even be your ali up until you find out his secret.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Hm... what about something like a department store from the previous games? Then you'd be able to look at all the buildings and get a great view of things? Something more like the Celedon Department Store in HG/SS?

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:54 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejirachi123 View Post
what if the leader of the evil team was a rich and respected man or woman. this way it is almost like a mystery and it wouldn't be so oveus like in BW.

P.S. maybe he could even be your ali up until you find out his secret.
Kind of reminds me too much of Pokémon Colosseum tbh.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Kind of reminds me too much of Pokémon Colosseum tbh.
Wouldn't be a bad move, though! If another colosseum-esque game isn't going to be made(going by the assumption that there isn't going to be one in the near future), then why not bring that kind of storyline to the main Pokemon games? It would certainly shake things up a bit, especially since Cipher was more of an interesting evil team than what I've seen in a lot of Pokemon games.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

I thought Colosseum had a great storyline, so to incorporate a similar scenario into a mainstream handheld Pokemon game would be pretty cool IMO. It could take place after the events that occurred in Colosseum, kind of like a sequel.

Asylum
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
That was my first empresion after watching the traillor. But I'm pretty sure it will be genetics. Think abou t it, they could make use of the DNA splicers if it is genetics.
What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Exactly. I wonder what the evil team will be like? And what their name is?
I'm reserving the name of 'Team Vortex' for a fan game that I'm working on but hope to actually publish! I can try, can't I? 'Aeonn' region, here I come!!!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; February 6th, 2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!
The DNA Splicers is a key item found in B2W2. It's what the player uses to merge Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom to form White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. If it's brought back in X and Y, I doubt they'll change its main use for anything more despite the apparent theme in DNA / genetics.

Last edited by Guy; February 6th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?
Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:01 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!
Hopefully we see legit new pokemon haha I'm anticipating the rodent/bird families
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
In this issue, I'm definitely looking forward to perhaps the starter evos as well as some more Pokemon reveals! I really can't say which I would prefer more, probably starter evos since I want to see what they would look like so badly(as well as their final evo types)~!

Another thing I'm looking forward to is the evil team, but I think that might come a bit later? Not totally sure.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here