The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan

Advertise here
Travelling through a Ghost Town (actually haunted by ghosts, not just deserted) would be sweet or going through a Tomb that's occupied by dead Pokemon could be cool too. The haunted mansions are getting old, don't want to see them, unless they create a huge interactive mansion that is part of the storyline.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamako-chan View Post
Travelling through a Ghost Town (actually haunted by ghosts, not just deserted) would be sweet or going through a Tomb that's occupied by dead Pokemon could be cool too. The haunted mansions are getting old, don't want to see them, unless they create a huge interactive mansion that is part of the storyline.
omg yes ghost town. I WANT THIS. omg and imagine if someone or an evil team appears out of the darkness and suddenly goes crazy and you get a fright, yeeees please GF! Give us a ghost town. :)
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:02 AM
razzbat
dancer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamako-chan View Post
Yeah that would be sick. like a completely abandon town, with a broken down pokemon centre where there isn't even a nurse, the whole town is shouded in mist, the town only appears at night time. this must happen

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old January 16th, 2013, 01:49 AM
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Maybe they could have a modern day cemetery theme going on. Think an outdoor setting on a hill, and you can tap A on a coffin and it will bring up (on the top screen) a montage of that Pokemon's life. And after you view one (Maybe the player's mom's favorite pokemon?) the person who owned the deceased pokemon's life you just viewed will give you a ghost scanner which makes the pokemon you just viewed available to be found and caught. There would obviously be only one of each ghost. These ghost pokemon could maybe gain the "Ghost" type, giving Pokemon's first ever triple typed pokemon? I would think this would be really cool. Maybe when you catch all ghost pokemon, all the humans there turn out to all be ghosts and disappear knowing that their pokemon are in safe hands.

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
Maybe they could have a modern day cemetery theme going on. Think an outdoor setting on a hill, and you can tap A on a coffin and it will bring up (on the top screen) a montage of that Pokemon's life. And after you view one (Maybe the player's mom's favorite pokemon?) the person who owned the deceased pokemon's life you just viewed will give you a ghost scanner which makes the pokemon you just viewed available to be found and caught. There would obviously be only one of each ghost. These ghost pokemon could maybe gain the "Ghost" type, giving Pokemon's first ever triple typed pokemon? I would think this would be really cool. Maybe when you catch all ghost pokemon, all the humans there turn out to all be ghosts and disappear knowing that their pokemon are in safe hands.
Nahh... that wouldn't really be that good imo. I mean they're dead and while ghosts are obv dead, they're not outright dead and I feel like stuff like that should actually stay in the cemetery and shouldn't appear in these games. XD'
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Theory_
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
Zombie pokemon? Yes, we need zombie pokemon!
This.
Some Pokemon would look so awesome in zombie form
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Given the likely chance of being set in France, I would love it if they had something like the Catacombs of Paris. A wall of bones and skulls, tombstones with ancient writing, there's so much that can be done with an underground cemetery such as this. And if they can make it as half as eery and haunting as the Catacombs of Paris, then I'd bow down to GameFreak's feet.

...figuratively speaking.

Also, it'd be a great place for the region fossils! Ghost Fossil Pokémon, anyone?
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yeah, the catacombs is a great idea. Its not too out there either. Instead of grave towers, which is slightly morbid in itself if you think about it, we can get a maze of catacombs were Poke-France has been burying their Pokemon. They gave us sewers, so who knows what they're gonna do next.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM
zoroarkrules25

i like the cemetery idea, i don't think it should deal with the story though. I personally like it being that creepy feel to the place but no point of it. I love all the creepy places in the games. I would love to see that creepy peaceful place to return.
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... a place based off the Catacombs of Paris... would be a great new area for Ghost-type Pokémon to hang out in. Maybe even it could be the place where the Z Snake-like Dragon Legendary Pokémon to hang out in. This would be an excellent idea! It would fit perfectly well into the storyline of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and not to also mention... it's close enough to the Norse Mythology. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... a place based off the Catacombs of Paris... would be a great new area for Ghost-type Pokémon to hang out in. Maybe even it could be the place where the Z Snake-like Dragon Legendary Pokémon to hang out in. This would be an excellent idea! It would fit perfectly well into the storyline of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and not to also mention... it's close enough to the Norse Mythology. ;)
That is an excellent thought actually. I can only imagine what sort of underground legendary would be found in a place like the Catacombs of Paris!
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Aah paris catacombes. Would be awesome. Although I always wonder where Nintendo puts the line. You know...whats too scary/disturbing for kids. What could make the francise get a higher pegi rating. I think that catacombes could fit. But Im not all that sure. You know a place made of human/pokemon bones may unsettle someone. (I think it would be awesome.) Also I was thinking about an asylum I mean an mental institute. And im not talking about the new ones. Im talking about the medieval types. You know weird machines and devices. Gothic scenery and hallways filled with allthings nasty. :D Although that would propably push the line too much. A ghost town would also be plausible. An outside area filled with ghost (atleast at night) would be awesome. As for zombie pokemon I hope they would make some. :D

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM
zoroarkrules25

The catacombs now that is a brilliant idea, that i would love to see.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein View Post
Aah paris catacombes. Would be awesome. Although I always wonder where Nintendo puts the line. You know...whats too scary/disturbing for kids. What could make the francise get a higher pegi rating. I think that catacombes could fit. But Im not all that sure. You know a place made of human/pokemon bones may unsettle someone. (I think it would be awesome.) Also I was thinking about an asylum I mean an mental institute. And im not talking about the new ones. Im talking about the medieval types. You know weird machines and devices. Gothic scenery and hallways filled with allthings nasty. :D Although that would propably push the line too much. A ghost town would also be plausible. An outside area filled with ghost (atleast at night) would be awesome. As for zombie pokemon I hope they would make some. :D
A mental institute would be kind of not suited for a Pokemon game imo. Maybe a subliminal one, like an old scientists' lab but that's probably all there will be along those lines lmao.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Yeah I think it would be unsuitable but would be a nice change.(sort of) But I wouldnt mind if it were just a lab. Like a darker version of cinnabar mansion/lab. If the game has a genetics theme then it could be possible. As a sort of "failed experiments" junkyard etc. Since the game is 3D it could be awesome. (the lab setting) Although I would prefer an outside haunting place I suspect they will make it an inside area...again. Or sort of half and half solution like mt.Pyre.

Old February 6th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I'd go for a lab, but only if we have a Frankenstein Monster equivalent Pokemon.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Yeah. Franjenstein's monster would be...an interesting type of pokemon. Could it be a semi legendary? If they would make one I bet it would be ghost/flying etc. But I dont know pokemon referencing the real world is always a bit weird for me. Although real world has been referred to many times in the francises.

Old February 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Ghost/Fighting I would assume. High stats, and a decent tank. Also comes with an exclusive ghost type punching move.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Damn typed flying when should be fighting. Oh well. :D I would say it could also be Ghost/dark or Ghost/electrick. And for singature move...a ghost type multiturn move would be new. There havent been many ghost type legendaries huh. :/ (Giratina being the most prominent)

Old February 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
A ghost town, catacombs, or a plain old cemetery. Those all sound fun. We've had a few towers, namely Lavender and Celestial, Mt. Pyre, and the Old Chateau. I keep seeing something about a Haunted Mansion in B2/W2 . . . is that the same as the Litwick mansion from the anime? I've yet to play them, and that episode happens to be one of the few I've seen of BW, lol.

But, after watching < this > video a few days ago, I've felt the need for some creepy pokemon stuff. I mean, it adds to the fun, after all, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
What about just a cemetery with no music...and readable tombstones if you press A by touching them. Then, by pressing the tombstones in a certain order(given in the strategy guide or something), you access a secret sidequest where you can obtain a hard-to-get ghost type pokemon through a spooky chain of events.
Yes.
Just the act of having no music play could make it so much creepier . .. lonely . . . oh my.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I really like the catacombs idea. What if...what if there were a bunch of grunts from the villainous team down there that got lost, and you had to save them, even though they were bad? That seems like the sort of cutesy "unlikely friendship" these people like. But they could also make it very creepy..."I...I was heading back to the base and then...then I heard a voice calling out in the dark, and I...I felt like I should follow it...and it was dark, foggy, and I didn't know where I was...*excessive use of ellipses*" yeah, they'll probably ruin it to keep the rating...but yeah it would make some GOOOOOOOOD creepypastas.

Personally, I don't want a Frankenstein. I mean, Golurk is my Frankenstein.

Last edited by Zayphora; February 6th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I was actually kind of disappointed that Black/White(2) didn't really put so much emphasis on the spooky aspect on the game, especially since it's those that generate a lot of interest(at least, for me~!). What makes me feel this way is that, well, as far as the Pokemon tower goes, you're just there to battle trainers here and there and I think you ring some sort of bell at the top, but nothing else really happens afterwards. I hope that, for these games, extra emphasis would be placed on the spookiness of these games.

I suppose the haunted mansion could count, but it kind of seemed like they really ditched the effort on the Pokemon Tower/Lighthouse(whatever it's called in B/W, I forgot). But I don't mind what's in the next game, as long as there's more interaction, maybe? XD
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:54 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Catacombs would be amazing in my opinion! Also, I'd love to see an obelisk or maybe a haunted temple of some sort? I think the latter two are less likely, since the region appears to be based on France, but I'd like them nonetheless! I like the haunted areas in Pokemon games, they're interesting elements to the story. It'd be cool if they played a larger role and we got to learn more of the history of these places.

But as for more places, maybe a haunted vineyard would be cool? Just kidding of course, but that makes me think - what about a whole route or something that's supposedly haunted? It'd be like a haunted bog willed with fog, and there could be eerie music and maybe a hinkypunk pokemon that would try to lead you astray?
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Catacombs would be amazing in my opinion! Also, I'd love to see an obelisk or maybe a haunted temple of some sort? I think the latter two are less likely, since the region appears to be based on France, but I'd like them nonetheless! I like the haunted areas in Pokemon games, they're interesting elements to the story. It'd be cool if they played a larger role and we got to learn more of the history of these places.

But as for more places, maybe a haunted vineyard would be cool? Just kidding of course, but that makes me think - what about a whole route or something that's supposedly haunted? It'd be like a haunted bog willed with fog, and there could be eerie music and maybe a hinkypunk pokemon that would try to lead you astray?
Haunted vineyard sounds totally okay, and logical to find in the region. All the grapejuice found there or w/e would reduce your Pokemon's happiness, due to it being "haunted"! Also it'd be fun to explore at night imo.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
A ghost town, catacombs, or a plain old cemetery. Those all sound fun. We've had a few towers, namely Lavender and Celestial, Mt. Pyre, and the Old Chateau. I keep seeing something about a Haunted Mansion in B2/W2 . . . is that the same as the Litwick mansion from the anime? I've yet to play them, and that episode happens to be one of the few I've seen of BW, lol.

But, after watching < this > video a few days ago, I've felt the need for some creepy pokemon stuff. I mean, it adds to the fun, after all, lol.

Yes.
Just the act of having no music play could make it so much creepier . .. lonely . . . oh my.
A ghost town might work, but it kind of seems a waste of a town tbh. Unless maybe it's part of the main quest, where you get rid of the evil ghosts, and then it becomes populated, idk.

Anyone else want someone to be kidnapped by a Hypno and you have to save them?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here