The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Hmmm....My favorite Aspect is probably Time. It's just awesome being able to time travel.

As for class...Maybe Heir? I like the look for god tier a lot, and they seem to have awesome powers. Using their aspect to protect themselves, and even becoming it is just awesome. Similarly, I think Knight is cool, considering they use their aspect as a weapon, but to protect instead of destroy.

Speaking of destroy, I also like Bard. Prince's are too open and in your face, while bards are sneaky and manipulative, but equally powerful, methinks. If Gamzee is any indication, you just don't mess with the bard. (Although cronus is weaky weaky weak sauce, so it might just be Gamzee you don't mess with)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
I like Knight and Thief and Rogue. Thief and Rogue are just cool with how they use their powers, like Vriska and Meenah and Roxy. Knights are interesting since they are protecting fighters; Dave and Karkat cared a lot about their friends even though Dave did all he could to be a coolkid.

As for aspects, Void is really cool. There are also some fan aspects that I like more than the canon ones ^^

also ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE NOW
Spoiler:
So apparently Callipe's and Caliborn's jujus were a pair of SUCKERS (interesting, since that was the last word Doc Scratch wrote in pesterchum before he died) and what the hell happened to Jane. I'm kind of freaked out.

and something I found about the origins of the cherubs. It... makes sense!

dave x jade // moderator of RPC and PGen

Last edited by Adventure; January 9th, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Link for the most recently made, unrevised, and fairly popular aspect/title test right here. :3
If you're looking to find out your god tier title, I recommend you take that test! It's fairly accurate and gives you interesting (and sometimes surprising) insights about yourself with the results. :D Still not perfect because it tends to give out the same selection of classes and aspects (probably a fault on the accuracy of the online personality tests involved), but it's gonna be revised soon.

What is your favorite Aspect and Class?
Favorite aspect is an easy one. It would be Time all the way. :D I've always wanted powers related to timey-wimey stuff so to have an aspect like that is awesome. Plus Dave is awesome, so. B) Runner-ups would be Light, Space and Void. B) Because of Rose (plus Vriska and Aranea), Jade (plus Kanaya) and Roxy, respectively.

As for favorite class, I'm not really sure. D: Either Rogue, Page, Knight, Seer or Sylph. I can't pick. But I might as well say why, haha. Rogue is awesome because of Roxy, first and foremost, but I also really like how it steals for the benefit of others because that adds so much interesting shades to the class and its perceived powers. Page I'm also really interested in, because I've always liked the concept of having an inner, untapped potential within a pretty slapstick character that's just waiting to be released, haha. Knights are awesome because of Dave and Karkat, and the fact that they are straightforward and embody how I'd like my aspects to take form usually is just something that's admirable with this specific class. (b'')b As for the Seer, it's something that I've grown to like after observing how kickass the Seer of Light's powers are, and I think that this class just always provides a lot of unique, helpful perks to any session of Sburb, really. Lastly, Sylph I've grown to like more recently because of Aranea. In retrospect, the dancestors fall a bit flat when you compare them to all the other characters, but Aranea has been an exception just for how interesting and useful she's been to the development of other characters, imo. Also Kanaya is a Sylph! Kanaya's the best character ever, so. :D

EDIT: The latest update is just really, really offbeat and bizarre, haha.

re: latest update
Spoiler:
I sensed the final Doc Scratch message being referenced, too! That quote was from [S] Cascade, if I'm not mistaken? I really wonder what that means, because it adds a whole new meaning to that statement (and to how far into the future Doc Scratch really knew, I mean these events took place post-scratch! way past his expiration date) and not just slyly demeaning the trolls/kids with his final word. Also I just don't know what to think about Trickster Mode Jane. I've always wanted her to gain awesome powers and really make an impact but.... not like this.

origins of cherubs
Spoiler:
That is one freakin' solid theory. I mean I'm actually pretty convinced that the first part of it is actually what Hussie plans to reveal sooner or later. Only qualm is that assuming the members of The Felt are also cherubs, then how did they appear? If the cherub race was just Gamzee's creation all along, how come those billiard-themed baddies exist? I'm confused.

Last edited by Cid; January 12th, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Link for the most recently made, unrevised, and fairly popular aspect/title test right here. :3
If you're looking to find out your god tier title, I recommend you take that test! It's fairly accurate and gives you interesting (and sometimes surprising) insights about yourself with the results. :D Still not perfect because it tends to give out the same selection of classes and aspects (probably a fault on the accuracy of the online personality tests involved), but it's gonna be revised soon.

EDIT: The latest update is just really, really offbeat and bizarre, haha.

re: latest update
Spoiler:
I sensed the final Doc Scratch message being referenced, too! That quote was from [S] Cascade, if I'm not mistaken? I really wonder what that means, because it adds a whole new meaning to that statement (and to how far into the future Doc Scratch really knew, I mean these events took place post-scratch! way past his expiration date) and not just slyly demeaning the trolls/kids with his final word. Also I just don't know what to think about Trickster Mode Jane. I've always wanted her to gain awesome powers and really make an impact but.... not like this.

origins of cherubs
Spoiler:
That is one freakin' solid theory. I mean I'm actually pretty convinced that the first part of it is actually what Hussie plans to reveal sooner or later. Only qualm is that assuming the members of The Felt are also cherubs, then how did they appear? If the cherub race was just Gamzee's creation all along, how come those billiard-themed baddies exist? I'm confused.
I'll take the test! If I get page or Doom again, we'll know it sticks lol

I'm thoroughly confused about the last updates. I really have no idea what Hussie is planning.

update
Spoiler:
Yeah, she's adorable and freakily scary at the same time. And how she made her planet grow bright forest-stuff all of a sudden? And did Caliborn just fall in love with her? O.o

cherubs
Spoiler:
The... felt? I... I have never even thought about it. NEVER. I just assumed they were weirdly colored carapacians that Lord English had created or something. But maybe they are cherubs! But I still think that's not quite it.

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

I took the newer test and got Prince of Life. What the hell? I got three different classes and three different aspects. lol

update
Spoiler:
Oh jeez Jane, did you have to kick Jake off a cliff like that? >_<
also you're fraking me out a bit. I'm not sure if I like tricksters, though the

CAUCASIAN

canon joke was hilarious, best part was the reaction.

cherubs
Spoiler:
I think the felt are cherubs too, but that doesn't mean Gamzee didn't make them in the first place. If Gamzee made Caliope and Caliborn...that doesnt mean Caliborn (who I'm assuming is Lord English) couldn't have made the felt via ectobiology and other shenanagins.

Old January 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I actually wish I got an aspect or title that I already did, just for consistency. But nope. XD I'm like Lt. Col. Fantastic here, got Mage of Void, Page of Space and Prince of Blood on three different tests. Speaking of which, I actually took that last test again, twice. Got Prince of Heart both tries. Guess I'm really a Prince now for that test at least, but I'm nothing like Dirk! Also I was supposed to have the Witch class because I have analytic intelligence (creative was just second) for the second personality test, but there's the gender restriction of that class, haha. Plus the Tumblr post says I should just move to the next, which was creative, so I got Prince as a failsafe. -_- So idk. lol

Me neither. It feels like Hussie's dragging the story or something. Like I thought it was gonna be some major plot point events after/during Jane's birthday but now it's just... not as serious as I expected.

update
Spoiler:
I think Caliborn was just dazed or something with all the bright colors, haha. That or he secretly had a trickster / candy / caucasian fetish. But yes Jane still freaks me out a little, because she's not acting normal and this thing that's possessed her is using Jane's body to do creepy and awful things! D:< although it is sort of adorable plus forest stuff was obviously trickster mode powers haha

Also Lt., Jane did that as payback because she's secretly still angry at Jake for everything but is just too overwhelmed with happiness to say it. ;D Also because apparently Trickster Mode makes you wanna infect someone else with the disease? Kinda like werewolves, zombies etc. But yeah, I wonder what Trickster Jake's gonna look like.

I agree that the joke was hilarious though. Trickster Mode's really something.

cherubs
Spoiler:
I think they are cherubs because of the jujus and Lord English, but I don't know. It is possible that they're just created by Caliborn or maybe Gamzee again with ectobiology. But fifteen? Okay fourteen. That's a lot to make with ectobiology. How will their genes mix in so many combinations without making them look like each other? :O
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

update!!!
Spoiler:
Omg did anyone else notice Jake twerking in the mini dance?

Also....Trickster jake looks kinda stupid. Then again...trickstermode itself is really silly.

I don't really like this. Actually, this is probably my least favorite part in homestuck. Sure its funny and all, but I was looking forward to some really great plot stuff on Janes birthday. And This trickster thing is kinda infuriatingly mysterious

Old January 13th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Haha, I suppose this post will just be spoilers about the recent update and nothing else. ^^;
To anyone snooping around this thread looking to get into the franchise, I apologize.

update
Spoiler:
Glad I didn't! @_@

He does look stupid, lmao. I guess Hussie got rid of his glasses so that he fits John's Trickster Mode template? Pretty lazy, haha. What happened to Jake's pair of shoes that got knocked off his feet in the previous update, though? Ah well, it's probably gonna magically reappear after Trickster Mode fades, or maybe it's already the colorful shoes that Trickster Jake's wearing.

I don't like it either. D: He's working on these interactive flashes for no good reason, because we all know that got old pretty soon. At least for me it did. u_u Plus the Jane's birthday plot points couldn't mean this! Whatever happened to those jujus ugh. The suckers suck. But yeah, it's Hussie's comic, and I trust that this isn't just a troll effort and that he'll make it interesting again.

The only thing is, right now I have no idea how he'll pull that off.
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

about that "canon" joke
Spoiler:
What does CAUCASIAN mean? I know what the word means, but what does it imply in Homestuck?

about the update
Spoiler:
OMGWHAT is Hussie doing. I wonder if readers ever felt this confused at earlier points in the story. But I still feel confident enough that he's actually planning something epic that will all make sense in the end with all this. He must. Otherwise... Otherwise I'll reread the good parts again ;; Act 4 + Act 5 Act 2 <3

Speaking of which, for anyone who doesn't want to discuss the current updates or just feel like mixing their spoiler-rich post up with something else xD

Which one is your favorite Act so far?

Old January 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
about that "canon" joke
Spoiler:
What does CAUCASIAN mean? I know what the word means, but what does it imply in Homestuck?

about the update
Spoiler:
OMGWHAT is Hussie doing. I wonder if readers ever felt this confused at earlier points in the story. But I still feel confident enough that he's actually planning something epic that will all make sense in the end with all this. He must. Otherwise... Otherwise I'll reread the good parts again ;; Act 4 + Act 5 Act 2 <3

Speaking of which, for anyone who doesn't want to discuss the current updates or just feel like mixing their spoiler-rich post up with something else xD

about that "canon" joke
Spoiler:
Everybody flipping there lid about the characters' races. Everyone seems to freak out at any mention that the characters are white, african american, jewish, whatever. So Hussie was keeping them drawn in a symbolic manner (which is actually very pasty white anyway) too keep the fangirl/boy rage down. And the caucasian joke was brilliant, because it shows how silly the situation is anyway. Buuut, he changed it, because it just made more people angry. w/e

Which one is your favorite Act so far?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna say...either act 3 or Act Five (all of the act fives. allllllll of them.)

Act three because that was the most entertaining part before act 5, which is just awesome.

Act Six is pretty good too, though.

about the update
Spoiler:
Hahaha, Erisolsprite is my newd favorite sprite. Jesus Chris I laugh everytime he talks.

Other than that, the whole "lets have sexual relations" part was pretty funny. And I guess trickster Roxy is up next :(

im scared....

Old January 15th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

canon joke thing
Spoiler:
What! He seriously changed it? People are so dumb if they get upset about something like that O.o This page, right? http://www.mspaintadventures.com/tri...p?s=6&p=007621

updatetalk/spritetalk
Spoiler:
I wonder how those sprites work, really. Arquiussprite liked the same things as Equius but talked as much as AR did. Fefetasprite doesn't talk at all O.o I think Sollidansprite and Neferisprite would have been better names for them btw ^^ I'd like to see more of Tavrissprite! Eridan and Sollux and Equius are still in the dream bubbles with Meenah and all, so Vriska and Tavros should be able to exist there even though their bodies are merged in a sprite, right? But then I don't really understand why they remembered being sprites after they exploded.

I think the babies-talk makes candyJane and candyJake even more creepy o_o And I hope Roxy and Dirk are too clever to become candypeople too. Because I'd be so scared if Dirk turned out like that! And Roxy would surely go drunk again. On sugary liquor~

I kind of wonder if Hussie has gotten the idea of this from the talk about Saccharine Dopplegangers I've heard in some fanons. If it's actually a canon term already, I've completely missed it.

I think I like Act 4 because...
Spoiler:
Rose and Dave enter the Medium as well and the trolls are starting to appear more and it really feels like they are PLAYING SBURB and didn't really realize that they were completely and utterly screwed yet. Maybe Rose knew. But.
Act 4, from what I recall, is where the story starts to grow.

I also love Act 5 Act 2, because...
Spoiler:
we return to the kids again after having gone through a weird, rather non-linear story about the trolls. Not really a fan of Doc Scratch's segment, but I love when John is on Skaia and when Dave and Jade are together and when hell breaks loose on the asteroid
and when everything just starts falling into place.

Gosh. I love Homestuck. It's so indescribable. After you've seen [S] WV Ascend at the end of... Act 2, I don't understand how you can not be fascinated. Haha :3

EDIT: The amount of spoilers in this post is just ridiculous :3

Old January 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

canon joke

Spoiler:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/tri...p?s=6&p=007623

this is the page I'm talking about

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Favorite act? Man, that is hard. I'm gonna have to go with Act 5 Act 2. [S] Cascade and the events that led up to it were just amazing. No words can describe how awesome that act was. I also liked Act 4 a fair amount. It just felt like what Homestuck and the kids were all about, right before the trolls took center stage. And lots of Sburb quirkiness were in it, too. :3

beyond act 4 major spoilers
Spoiler:
Jack Noir was a huge decoy of an archenemy though. That was my one qualm that tipped off the scale from Act 4 being my favorite to being just one of my favorites.

update
Spoiler:
Now there's three candy people. candyJane, candyJake and candyRoxy. Surprisingly, Roxy's felt most natural. I don't know, it feels just like drunk Roxy that typed in all caps with HTML that I suppose took a few cans too many of Tab, haha. Not looking forward to candyDirk, oh god.

About that Caucasian into Peachy joke, I'm really not sure why he felt the need to change it, but I guess the fans are just ridiculous sometimes. I thought it was funny. Don't really care about their race or whatever. It's a webcomic.

Also guys, have you seen this? This is just hilarious. Hussie even tweeted about the original article on Yahoo, haha. Still, I really don't know how these kinds of writers get Yahoo's Writer of the Year awards, I mean what does that say about the other Yahoo writers? Not that you should take their articles seriously, but I at least had a fair amount of respect for them before, even with taking what they say with a grain of salt into the equation. Now I just, I don't know. Still, Homestuck fans can be a diverse lot. Not fair to generalize these fans in the way that the article does it, though.

Last edited by Cid; January 18th, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM
TaichiWind
X

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to TaichiWind
==> Username: TaichiWind
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit
==> How far have you read: Caught up fully.
==> Answer current topic: I could go on a tangent here about why I like each act and in what aspect do I like each act more than the other ones. Why not?
Act 1:
Spoiler:
So we get introduced to John the - originally - pretty much derp. This is my least favorite part of the comic, because of how little progress the kids make. Needless to say I turned back not long after starting the first time I read Homestuck solely because of John being a derp. (And coming back to read it was one of, if not the best decision of my life.) This is probably my least favorite act because it's just so stupid. Yeah, I get it, it's supposed to give you a feel of how Homestuck works / is going to work, but... Does that EXPLICITLY REQUIRE John sticking fake arms into a cake?

Act 2:
Spoiler:
Enter Dave. You'd think this guy has the margin of badassery to make Homestuck cool in the early-game. And he delivers. So, looking at this act, it's pretty much similar to the first one. In a way. We've got John the derp getting used to the game's controls, and also the game is being explained to us, as intended by Hussie. Also John is less of a derp now and we get more of the trolls' antics.

Act 3:
Spoiler:
This act is... THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Seriously though. This act introduces the final kid Jade and also gives us a vague idea that she might unnecessarily be a pothead (although she's only really ****ing sleepy, which has to do with her being the Space player). We also see Dave and Bro duke it out on the roof. Boy is that the coolest fight ever. Okay, maybe Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs. the Granzeboma was a little bit cooler, but it's very close. We also see some more bumbling bull**** courtesy of John as he tries to get around his house and to the gate. And Dave then gets Sburb, yay! Rose is going to enter now. So we get an epic ****ing flash about: 1. Rose entering the game, 2. John entering the gate, 3. Jade finding Sburb. That concludes act 3.

Act 4:
Spoiler:
We get some plot advancement up in this beatch. For example, Dave and Jade figure out the ultimate alchemy stand. I want to have that at home, you just type stuff in and make it. And then. We get. Dave. Accelerate. Badass defined by an animation. And then we get Davesprite, hands down everyone's favorite sprite. We are also given (not we, Dave) the Timetables, a relic of mystical origin that allows Dave to travel through time, which becomes a central point in his journey for brodemption (bro redemption, that wasn't so hard). John also makes the paradox babies, which is kinda cool, but confusing for some people. And not long after, we cut to... Yes.
DESCEND.
Need I even say anything?

Act 5:
Spoiler:
Enter the trolls! Or rather, don't. Those ***holes confuse me even now. Their session is vaguely explained, kind of rushed and I don't get the proper time to explore their personal story arcs and personalities. The most EPIC one of these trolls is hands down Vriska, who is so well known that I don't need to mention anything else about her, other than the fact that she's OP. Anyways the first half of act 5 is a part I'm not so enthusiastic about, EXCEPT FOR TEH PARTS WHERE VRISKA IS BEING EPIC I should take my meds. Anyways, Act 5 Act 2 is easily my favorite arc of Homestuck because of... I'll just list this.
  • Vriska and John's relationship
  • Jade entering
  • Dave and Terezi's relationship
  • Terezi's artsy endeavors
  • Jack Noir getting to be even more evilly badass than already
  • Doc Scratch breaking the fourth wall and stuff
  • Hussie's erratic self-inserts
  • CASCADE
  • (Vriska)

Act 6:
Spoiler:
Longest act so far and still going. Alpha session's nice, but it's a void session, so it's KINDA dull. Emphasis on kinda. It has DIRK in it. Needless to say that mandude has more potential to be epic as hell in the future than any other character (except obviously Vriska). This act COULD have made it to my top spot, but there's one thing that Hussie should never have done EVER and he did.

TRICKSTER MODE.

Why? Just... WHY? I mean, okay, it was a nice little gimmick back when it was a nice little gimmick, but now it's a fully developed game mechanic? Also, if they DARE touch Dirk and turn HIM trickster, I'll quit. Unless his glasses become badass and orange and mildly transparent. And he gets a face robot Okay, bad joke, but wouldn't it be cool if that actually happened? Also need I not forget to mention Caliborn's INCREDIBLY COMPLEX story arc. Where did he even get the gold tooth? Did he just... Alchemize it? I mean, he couldn't have gotten to the Alchemiter that fast, he's on the other side of the planet for crying out loud!

I think that covers everything.

That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:28 PM
SkullKing
Nope

Nature: Lax
==> Username: SkullKing
==> How far have you read: Up to date
==> Answer current topic: My favorite act was act 5, I loved the trolls to bits.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaichiWind View Post
==> Username: TaichiWind
==> How far have you read: Caught up fully.
==> Answer current topic: I could go on a tangent here about why I like each act and in what aspect do I like each act more than the other ones. Why not?
Act 1:
Spoiler:
So we get introduced to John the - originally - pretty much derp. This is my least favorite part of the comic, because of how little progress the kids make. Needless to say I turned back not long after starting the first time I read Homestuck solely because of John being a derp. (And coming back to read it was one of, if not the best decision of my life.) This is probably my least favorite act because it's just so stupid. Yeah, I get it, it's supposed to give you a feel of how Homestuck works / is going to work, but... Does that EXPLICITLY REQUIRE John sticking fake arms into a cake?

Act 2:
Spoiler:
Enter Dave. You'd think this guy has the margin of badassery to make Homestuck cool in the early-game. And he delivers. So, looking at this act, it's pretty much similar to the first one. In a way. We've got John the derp getting used to the game's controls, and also the game is being explained to us, as intended by Hussie. Also John is less of a derp now and we get more of the trolls' antics.

Act 3:
Spoiler:
This act is... THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Seriously though. This act introduces the final kid Jade and also gives us a vague idea that she might unnecessarily be a pothead (although she's only really ****ing sleepy, which has to do with her being the Space player). We also see Dave and Bro duke it out on the roof. Boy is that the coolest fight ever. Okay, maybe Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs. the Granzeboma was a little bit cooler, but it's very close. We also see some more bumbling bull**** courtesy of John as he tries to get around his house and to the gate. And Dave then gets Sburb, yay! Rose is going to enter now. So we get an epic ****ing flash about: 1. Rose entering the game, 2. John entering the gate, 3. Jade finding Sburb. That concludes act 3.

Act 4:
Spoiler:
We get some plot advancement up in this beatch. For example, Dave and Jade figure out the ultimate alchemy stand. I want to have that at home, you just type stuff in and make it. And then. We get. Dave. Accelerate. Badass defined by an animation. And then we get Davesprite, hands down everyone's favorite sprite. We are also given (not we, Dave) the Timetables, a relic of mystical origin that allows Dave to travel through time, which becomes a central point in his journey for brodemption (bro redemption, that wasn't so hard). John also makes the paradox babies, which is kinda cool, but confusing for some people. And not long after, we cut to... Yes.
DESCEND.
Need I even say anything?

Act 5:
Spoiler:
Enter the trolls! Or rather, don't. Those ***holes confuse me even now. Their session is vaguely explained, kind of rushed and I don't get the proper time to explore their personal story arcs and personalities. The most EPIC one of these trolls is hands down Vriska, who is so well known that I don't need to mention anything else about her, other than the fact that she's OP. Anyways the first half of act 5 is a part I'm not so enthusiastic about, EXCEPT FOR TEH PARTS WHERE VRISKA IS BEING EPIC I should take my meds. Anyways, Act 5 Act 2 is easily my favorite arc of Homestuck because of... I'll just list this.
  • Vriska and John's relationship
  • Jade entering
  • Dave and Terezi's relationship
  • Terezi's artsy endeavors
  • Jack Noir getting to be even more evilly badass than already
  • Doc Scratch breaking the fourth wall and stuff
  • Hussie's erratic self-inserts
  • CASCADE
  • (Vriska)

Act 6:
Spoiler:
Longest act so far and still going. Alpha session's nice, but it's a void session, so it's KINDA dull. Emphasis on kinda. It has DIRK in it. Needless to say that mandude has more potential to be epic as hell in the future than any other character (except obviously Vriska). This act COULD have made it to my top spot, but there's one thing that Hussie should never have done EVER and he did.

TRICKSTER MODE.

Why? Just... WHY? I mean, okay, it was a nice little gimmick back when it was a nice little gimmick, but now it's a fully developed game mechanic? Also, if they DARE touch Dirk and turn HIM trickster, I'll quit. Unless his glasses become badass and orange and mildly transparent. And he gets a face robot Okay, bad joke, but wouldn't it be cool if that actually happened? Also need I not forget to mention Caliborn's INCREDIBLY COMPLEX story arc. Where did he even get the gold tooth? Did he just... Alchemize it? I mean, he couldn't have gotten to the Alchemiter that fast, he's on the other side of the planet for crying out loud!

I think that covers everything.
Nice explanations ^^ I agree with Act 4, I think I'll go reread it soon actually 8D Much stuff happens and Jack is badass. I'll add you to the member's list, welcome! Hope you'll stay and join more discussions on Homestuck here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullKing View Post
==> Username: SkullKing
==> How far have you read: Up to date
==> Answer current topic: My favorite act was act 5, I loved the trolls to bits.
Welcome to the club! I'll add you to the first post. Hope you'll subscribe to the thread and come back and chat some :]

Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:26 AM
Ink Heart
Project X c;

Nature: Hardy
Rawr. c: //.hai
Finally I'm up-to-date. xD Five hundred pages in 2 days. Sheesh.

Fave Act?
Spoiler:
I dun haz favorites. xp But I guess Act 5 was nice. c: //.Cascade .. And the trolls too. Karkat and Gamzee, especially. //.DocScratch <3

Update
Spoiler:
SERIOUSLY?! TRICKSTER? DIRK, WHY. At least he didn't get the rainbow text and be all 'MARRY MEH! QUAD MARREH!'.. xP ...And why did Fefeta sprite explode again? ._." I'm confused. xD
EGC | FF | Instagram
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:11 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Update

Spoiler:
Dirk is just to effing cool for this.

Also, I think Fefeta spritesploded because Arquius and Erisol were arguing, and bringing Nepeta and Feferi apart. Something like that.

Also, what's Gamzee's deal? If he's helping LE, then why is he helping the Alpha kids as well? It seems that just killing them (one simple murder mode away) would be a lot easier. Maybe he's playing an angle on LE or something.

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

@ Ink Heart, the spritesplosion with Fefeta hasn't happened before, has it? Only Tavris. I'd wanted to see Jane's sprite reappear ;; But it seems like when they've spritesploded, they don't come back. Maybe we'll see more of Fef and Nep in the next intermission now.

Speaking of which, they should reach the alpha session just about soon, shouldn't they?

Ahahhaa I seriously didn't think Dirk would get tricksterified. But oh well.

I think the clowntroll is helping everyone just because he's the bard and bards are complete wildcards. Bringing about destruction by letting others take action. Sounds totally like helping LE at least.

And yeah, too tired to bother with a thousand spoilers. No one here said that they didn't like us revealing things anyways, so.

Old January 30th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Vyro
Master Douchelord
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Quirky
==> Username: Darkly the flygon (Wish I could change it though)

==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse all day erryday

==> How far have you read: Ahaha is this even a question? All the way.

==> Answer current topic: Act 5 Act 2
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Welcome to the club, Darkly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
@ Ink Heart, the spritesplosion with Fefeta hasn't happened before, has it? Only Tavris. I'd wanted to see Jane's sprite reappear ;; But it seems like when they've spritesploded, they don't come back. Maybe we'll see more of Fef and Nep in the next intermission now.

Speaking of which, they should reach the alpha session just about soon, shouldn't they?

Ahahhaa I seriously didn't think Dirk would get tricksterified. But oh well.

I think the clowntroll is helping everyone just because he's the bard and bards are complete wildcards. Bringing about destruction by letting others take action. Sounds totally like helping LE at least.

And yeah, too tired to bother with a thousand spoilers. No one here said that they didn't like us revealing things anyways, so.
I hope Feferi and Nepeta do show up in the next intermission! I miss them dearly.

And yeah, they're gonna be in the alpha session very soon.

As for the Trickster stuff before it ended, candyDirk was sort of funny, but depressing at the same time when you think about it. Dirk is so sad that magic booze can't even make him forget his problems. Dang. Kinda sad that the Trickster Mode Dirk flash sunk some ships, too. And it brought the end of dear, sweet, precious Fefeta. D;

I'm still having mixed feelings with Gamzee after all this time. I don't even know what to think of him. I used to like him before he went crazy, and when he did go nuts I flipped out for a moment then sorta found it interesting, but his epic rage-filled bardassery (yes, I meant that pun) lost its charm, and then I just got tired of seeing the bard.

Anyway, I'm glad we're finally removing the spoiler tags, haha. Makes typing a lot less of a hassle.
However, I suggest we keep the spoiler tags for most recent updates, so that people who didn't know that there was a recent update wouldn't get spoiled from checking this thread out. That, or we could make a rule that you can't look at this thread without checking the site to see if there have been updates first. I don't know which would work better, but I think either would solve the problem.

update (02/02/13)
Spoiler:
That last update though. I must say, Roxy is freaking adorable. She is now my favorite HS character ever. <3 That's not saying much though, lol. Everyone else is really close to being up there too, because I've grown to like them even more now. Seriously, the alpha kids are just really getting so much character development since Act 6 Act 5 Act 1x2 Combo started. Reading these updates gets me every single time. And Hussie wrapped the Trickster mode arc up with such a heartwarming lesson, and it all made sense in the end given how this brought the four kids together by talking about their problems. I shouldn't have doubted Hussie a few posts back, haha. Oh and Jack Noir is back, guys.

Last edited by Cid; February 3rd, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkly the flygon View Post
==> Username: Darkly the flygon (Wish I could change it though)

==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse all day erryday

==> How far have you read: Ahaha is this even a question? All the way.

==> Answer current topic: Act 5 Act 2
Welcome! Haha, well, there are actually Homestucks who haven't read the whole thing yet. As for me, I'm in the midst of rereading it. But I kind of get stuck and bored with Act 6 xD Adding you to the first post!

@ Cid
I liked CandyDirk xD He was so cute with the red hair! Other than that, Trickster Mode only freaked me out. Ugh. But yeah, I guess Hussie did have a reason or point or something for it. As he always has.

I don't like Gamzee :( I'd like to like him but I can't :p

The most recent update is a good thing to spoil, yeah. Agreed!

update (02/02/13)
Spoiler:
What does this mean? Is Jack turning into LE?? Where does that put Caliborn? Or are we seeing two completely different moments in time here? One where Caliborn transfers his soul into Cal and one where Jack receives the doll and Caliborn enters/mixes with his soul. My theory :3 Creepy as hell (but eyecandy gifs) nevertheless.

I also think there's time for a change in topics (plus discussing the last updates, of course!), so What are your favorite FLASH animations? (apart from Cascade :p)

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

I was a member of the previous HS club, and I'm rejoining now:
==> Username: I like Pokemon (...)
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: I really can't decide! I usually go with whichever balances out the numbers, or if I'm a hero of Time (Derse dreamer) or hero of Mind (Prospit dreamer). For now... I'll go with Derse.
==> How far have you read: Completely up to date
==> Answer current topic: My favourite flash (excluding Cascade)... Hard to say. I really like Openbound, Myststuck and some of the trickster flashes for really making homestuck such an interactive piece of work... In terms of plot and music, I really like Prince of Heart: Rise up, Descend
and Caliborn: Enter as some of the big plot-pushing flashes off of the top of my head.

Can't wait for the 4x God Tier combo :p
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Hmmm.... for flash animations I'd say either the Unite Synchronization flashes or Dave: Strife. Oh, and Accelerate was pretty cool. I also like the flash where Rose enters the medium. Theres soooo many good ones, lol. I like them all. :3

Old February 6th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
I was a member of the previous HS club, and I'm rejoining now:
==> Username: I like Pokemon (...)
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: I really can't decide! I usually go with whichever balances out the numbers, or if I'm a hero of Time (Derse dreamer) or hero of Mind (Prospit dreamer). For now... I'll go with Derse.
==> How far have you read: Completely up to date
==> Answer current topic: My favourite flash (excluding Cascade)... Hard to say. I really like Openbound, Myststuck and some of the trickster flashes for really making homestuck such an interactive piece of work... In terms of plot and music, I really like Prince of Heart: Rise up, Descend
and Caliborn: Enter as some of the big plot-pushing flashes off of the top of my head.

Can't wait for the 4x God Tier combo :p
Welcome! Adding you to Derse for now, then.

I know! I'm so excited, it's definitely going to be a flash animation. That's why he's taking so long time to update now... I hope they finally use the elusive song Penumbra Phantasm for this flash. It's never been fully shown, only hinted to in several other tracks. Remixed together with Doctor into Savior of the Waking World and Savior of the Dreaming Dead, it's been the theme for 2/4 human ascensions so far (John and Jade, while Dave and Rose got Green Sun, Vriska didn't really have one from what I can remember and Aradia got Megalovania).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Hmmm.... for flash animations I'd say either the Unite Synchronization flashes or Dave: Strife. Oh, and Accelerate was pretty cool. I also like the flash where Rose enters the medium. Theres soooo many good ones, lol. I like them all. :3
[S] Descend was the most epic thing before Cascade, imo. But I also really like [S] Wake and [S] Jade: Enter, because they show how trollDerse and trollProspit fell and the Bec Noir thing and give real "ahaaa!" experiences, imo.

I enjoy trying to fit different music tracks to animations :3

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links