The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:26 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapia View Post
Hey, where can I get myself a lovely Arceus anyway? I really want the king of all Pokémon
Sadly, there are no events giving out Arceus going on right now so your only option is probably trading.

You can check out the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread where you may be able to request one for someone to trade you. Don't use the GTS though, since the requests there can be so silly and illegal.

Remember the Quick Trade Thread is there for any trade requests you need.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:17 PM
eagles legend
Unhatched Egg

On pokemon black how come when i try to connect to the union room nothing happens? The game like freezes after it saves and the only thing going is the music.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles legend View Post
On pokemon black how come when i try to connect to the union room nothing happens? The game like freezes after it saves and the only thing going is the music.
Hmmm, are you using a ROM? That might be the problem. If not, just take out your game, reinsert it and try again. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure how to help.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
eagles legend
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Hmmm, are you using a ROM? That might be the problem. If not, just take out your game, reinsert it and try again. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure how to help.

It works for like a second if i start the game without c-gear then when I get in it says "Connection error, Turn off the power." That is w/o c-gear. Even after ejecting the game (i play it on my 3ds. Not a rom) it still don't work if c-gear is enabled. I've also done all of the game sync stuff.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:57 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
It works for like a second if i start the game without c-gear then when I get in it says "Connection error, Turn off the power." That is w/o c-gear. Even after ejecting the game (i play it on my 3ds. Not a rom) it still don't work if c-gear is enabled. I've also done all of the game sync stuff.
Where did you buy the game from?
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:35 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hmmm, are you sure it's an official retail cartridge? Bootlegs are notorious for not working correctly and breaking down a few weeks after being bought. I've never had that sort of problem nor have I heard of this happening before.

I did a quick google search of your problem, and the only people with a similar problem are people using a ROM and a flash cart, so you might want to confirm that your cartridge is a retail one and not a bootleg.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:05 PM
eagles legend
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Where did you buy the game from?
I got it from gamestop. I got it used though.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:12 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
I got it from gamestop. I got it used though.
Hmm... it may have been a bootleg, normally stores like that are good at filtering those out but some still get through. I'd recommend going to the store and telling the what has happened.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM
eagles legend
Unhatched Egg

Maybe I'll just get a full refund and spend an extra $5-$6 more on a new copy.

It should be all good then right?
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Maybe I'll just get a full refund and spend an extra $5-$6 more on a new copy.

It should be all good then right?
Yep a new copy should work fine. And that new game smell
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
is Pokémon Black & White still work with Pokémon Global Link since the B2 W2 update???
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'm not positive of the answer, but it should still as I think heartgold/soulsilver still work with the global link!
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I'm not positive of the answer, but it should still as I think heartgold/soulsilver still work with the global link!
Confirming. Black/White still work with the Global Link, even after the Black 2/White 2 update.

on a leave of absence

Old February 18th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I caught PokéRus. How can I keep it forever in 5th gen?

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I caught PokéRus. How can I keep it forever in 5th gen?
"Incubate" them.

Spread it to one Pokemon before the virus goes away and put the first Pokemon in the PC. Then take the 2nd Pokemon who just got the disease and spread to another one, etc.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM
kodan50
Unhatched Egg

Either my search terms are poor or no one has come across this issue, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

A long time ago, I got a copy of Pokemon Black from Gamestop on the day of release, and within a few hours of playing, I caught an Audino, and I named her K'Tia. In the time I've battled with her, I obtained Hidden Power and her ability was to put Pokemon to sleep from time to time. In the 60+ levels I've battled with her, this has never changed.

Well, until recently. I've started getting into the battle trains in order to get BP to help my Raichu's defense, and I noticed something odd -- I used K'Tia as part of my battling circle since she has the best balance of moves to start with, but her Hidden Power no longer puts Pokemon to sleep - instead it paralyzes them. I wrote this off as the end effect of capping all the competing Pokemon to level 50 and assumed it was more akin to "borrowing pokemon like the ones I entered, retaining all the same moved", kind of like how Pokemon Stadium uses a Ditto to "clone" registered Pokemon. However, after I completed the battle train segment (and rage quitted after I lost a battle due to the opponent using Explosion. He fainted FIRST! >_<') I started going back to normal battles, yet K'Tia's Hidden Power seems to have stuck -- She still paralyzes Pokemon instead of putting them to sleep. My research tells me this is not supposed to happen -- any ideas on how I can fix this? Preferrably without having to catch another Audino?
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Whoa. Hidden Power doesn't do that. Secret Power, however, can do that. And Secret Power depends upon your location as to what its effects are. So I think you're confusing the two.

There's a table in here explaining the effects better than I can: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Secret_Power

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
kodan50
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Whoa. Hidden Power doesn't do that. Secret Power, however, can do that. And Secret Power depends upon your location as to what its effects are.
Yep, that was what it was. I guess I need to be more perceptive, but then again, I've also been insanely lucky to have Secret Power always do the same effect since it was learned, so I didn't think to look it up. ' Thanks for the quick reply as well.
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Is it possible to reach Relic Castle and catch a Yamask before challenging Burgh? I need this to help with a project involving the Monotype Challenge, and it would be much appreciated to find out.
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Is it possible to reach Relic Castle and catch a Yamask before challenging Burgh? I need this to help with a project involving the Monotype Challenge, and it would be much appreciated to find out.
Sorry, no.

The northern part of Route 4 (which includes Desert Resort and Relic Castle) is blocked until you get the Insect Badge.

So unfortunately you need to defeat Burgh before you can get Yamask.

on a leave of absence

Old March 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Alright, thanks! It doesn't hurt me, I just need to know if there's a ghost before the 3rd gym so I can keep track of things better.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Alright, thanks! It doesn't hurt me, I just need to know if there's a ghost before the 3rd gym so I can keep track of things better.
Yamask is the first of the ghosts if I recall. I think it goes Yamask, Frillish (Since you get surf around Driftveil I believe), Litwick, then Golett as their areas appear. Yamask are only in Relic Castle which is only available after the 3rd Gym. Frillish is available on various sea routes after you attain Surf. Litwick is after Mistralon, 6th Gym in the Celestrial Tower. Golett is in Dragon Spiral Tower after Icirrus (7th Gym). I think that's the order they appear story wise.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Yamask is the first of the ghosts if I recall. I think it goes Yamask, Frillish (Since you get surf around Driftveil I believe), Litwick, then Golett as their areas appear. Yamask are only in Relic Castle which is only available after the 3rd Gym. Frillish is available on various sea routes after you attain Surf. Litwick is after Mistralon, 6th Gym in the Celestrial Tower. Golett is in Dragon Spiral Tower after Icirrus (7th Gym). I think that's the order they appear story wise.
Actually, Litwick is encountered before Frillish because Surf is obtained after the 6th badge, and you need to go through Celestial Tower before taking on the 6th Gym.

on a leave of absence

Old March 6th, 2013, 05:54 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
In the Dream World, is it possible to bring back more than just one Pokemon? Because it says when I get one Pokemon, the rainbow road will be closed until I brought back the DW Pokemon into my DS.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Just one! Unless you got another Pokemon from an event and haven't brought it back yet, then you can get more than one. Otherwise there's only one from the Tree of Dreams!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here