The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Spinosaurus

Launch day (Europe) Aqua Blue. Would have preferred purple, but I got to play the best game ever in a GREAT screen (Wario Land 4) as an ambassador so it more than makes up for it. That, and Aqua Blue is the next best one imo. Don't like all other colors, unfortunately.

I might invest in a white 3DS XL later however. That larger screen is soo tempting.
Old February 6th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I waited for the Red version and once it was out I definitely went ahead and bought it. I won't be getting the XL unless my original breaks or something. I absolutely love the size and design of the original 3DS...albeit the scratches.
Old February 6th, 2013 (12:39 PM). Edited February 6th, 2013 by Evil Stud Muffin.
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I have the white one, which makes it doubling frustrating, as its the one which has the lowest percentile of scratch thanks to poor manufacturing.
Edit: Just had my 3D epiphany moment, omg. Downloaded Nintendo Video, and watched all the available videos. My god. I only have Bit Trip Saga for 3DS games, and this really made me noticed its brilliance, much more then BTS. The subtlety is amazing, and the way it truly pops out at that perfect moment...
Old February 6th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

My original was Black, and my XL (which I just noticed has scratches on the Touch Screen and two dead pixels) is red. I was going for blue, with the latter, but they were out at the time, and I really didn't feel like waiting. I've grown to love the red color, though. The scratches are hard to notice, if not almost invisible, when playing anything, and the dead pixels...
Well, I've been trying to ignore them, and one is easy to do so, but the other is hard to miss. It's been bothering me during Fire Emblem cutscenes, especially in 3D. I might get my screens replaced, if it comes down to it.

Also...I'd be disappointed if both Sony and M$ went no used games. I'm already a little set against buying the non-Nintendo systems since, well, I have a gaming PC and except for the exclusives (which there are very few of with MS, so I'll be fine without that), I'm just getting less and less incentives to buy these systems :/ I mean, I probably will buy them- or at least the PS4, but so far there really hasn't been any reason for hype. We'll see, though; I won't buy into the rumors, and I'll stay hopeful.

Oh, and since it was mentioned, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 1 and especially 2 are DEFINITELY worth playing, they're among my favorite rhythm games. Elite Beat Agents is great as well, and I definitely recommend those three and Osu!
Old February 6th, 2013 (04:03 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Yeah I got a blue one and the purple came out very soon after and purple's my favorite color and that makes me sad. :(

Thinking of doing a text/image based LP. Can't decide what on though.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 6th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Yeah I got a blue one and the purple came out very soon after and purple's my favorite color and that makes me sad. :(

Do Lion King SNES. You know you want to.
Old February 6th, 2013 (04:49 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
I had two but I got unlucky with BOTH of them, so I only have a screen protector for the bottom screen. Although...I did buy another one recently. Third time's the charm, I suppose? I'm gonna try it after a hot shower so no air or dust will come in. That is, if I don't forget about it today, again.

Region locking is my biggest gripe with the 3DS, too. But as of now, there is pretty much no Japanese-only game that I want, so I'm loving the system.
For me, it's dumb because I bought my console when I was back in Canada but now I moved to the UK so I have to import any new games I want. Plus even those download points codes don't even work! Can you believe they region locked even those?!

To me, Osu! is MILES better than elite beat agents.. I dunno if its just the tap placement or what!
Old February 6th, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Do Lion King SNES. You know you want to.
Oh god I can't. I have it on my computer but I just can't. I wouldn't be able to beat it at ALL.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 6th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

That giraffe level right? Its always that giraffe level. And if you live in the UK, why would you buy a US 3DS? It was mentioned from the beginning that region lock exists, so you would want to hold out on buying one till in the UK. Unless you recently moved there, which yeah, region lock sucks..
Old February 6th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

You just reminded me! There aren't really any exclusives that are not US available that are currently announced...except for the Inazuma Eleven Collection. It was bad enough that the IE games didn't come over to the states (which is slightly ironic, since Level-5 is usually the type to bring their games over), but a remake collection of all 3 games, the third of which was never released outside of Japan...it breaks my heart ;_;
Old February 6th, 2013 (07:02 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that Level 5 not only is a jerk if they don't give us Vs Ace Attorney, and Fantasy Life, but now I have to deal with disappointment for Inazuma Eleven Collection. Gotta go sulk in a corner now...
Old February 6th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
That giraffe level right? Its always that giraffe level. And if you live in the UK, why would you buy a US 3DS? It was mentioned from the beginning that region lock exists, so you would want to hold out on buying one till in the UK. Unless you recently moved there, which yeah, region lock sucks..
That recent news break on the potential hacking of the 3DS might just toss the ideas of region lock out the window. I hope.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old February 6th, 2013 (09:32 PM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

That happened to me!! I got the black 3DS and the pink one came out right after. It bummed me out quite a bit.

But, traded it in for a blue 3DS XL last summer, and I'm glad I did. I LOVE this thing, even though a week after I got it I wasn't thinking and put it in my backpack pocket with my keys, so now the gorgeous blue finish is scratched... ;n;

The huge screens are definitely tempting though, my best friend's younger brother as an original 3DS and when I went over their house and he was playing it a while ago, it seemed so tiny in comparison.

My DS Lite seems like a mini DS now, ahaha.

Also I've been somewhat tempted to do Let's Plays, too... It's an idea I've entertained doing for a few years but the most I ever did with it is like 1-2 uploads of a Pokemon playthrough on my computer lmao. Ideally, I'd love to do playthroughs of games I play on my PS3 like BioShock and Mirror's Edge, but I just don't have the hardware for it and I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to invest in.

Old February 6th, 2013 (09:33 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

I was doing an image-based LP, but it was becoming really difficult to do. I might make it into a video-based one here later on.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old February 7th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
That recent news break on the potential hacking of the 3DS might just toss the ideas of region lock out the window. I hope.
I dunno, Nintendo's pretty keen on keeping the 3DS piracy free. Not to mention I really don't want piracy cause it will keep us on our toes for X/Y.
Old February 7th, 2013 (05:16 AM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

A let's play was something I had plans to do. I wanted to do one on Super Mario since its one game I can actually complete without penalty/messing up whatsoever XD I hope to make that happen very soon. (woo! rage!)
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler
slight leave of absence 12/23 - 12/28 ~ Merry Christmas!

Old February 7th, 2013 (05:25 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Huh.
http://gematsu.com/2013/02/nikkei-ps...ocial-features
Apparently the PS4 won't have cell. Which means, in the short run, BC won't be possible on some level, even digitally it would be a pain. I'm assuming your digital buys would likely go to Gaikai to play them, but that creates the issue if you have to rebuy them. So on one front the Xbox 720 would have an online DRM infrastructure, and no used games like the PS4 likely will as well, and on the PS4 you have no PS3 BC. I gotta say, this corner the consumer is being put into is a pretty tight one if it all comes out true, and I personally am looking at this from a pretty far distance, but I do see the madness that will come from all this.
Old February 7th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I don't see a necessity to buy into the next consoles...I think I'll be saving my money and buying a PC.

Hmmm I got more than enough money to buy Fire Emblem for 3DS but I'm also busy with school...idk what to do.
Old February 7th, 2013 (10:33 AM). Edited February 7th, 2013 by Spinosaurus.
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
For me, it's dumb because I bought my console when I was back in Canada but now I moved to the UK so I have to import any new games I want. Plus even those download points codes don't even work! Can you believe they region locked even those?!

To me, Osu! is MILES better than elite beat agents.. I dunno if its just the tap placement or what!
Yeah you just reminded me why region locking is gonna be a BIG problem for me... :( Best to get a US XL, then.

Really? I've heard that EBA is a better game than Ouendan because it fixed some flaws and had better tap placements. I don't know anything about Ouendan 2 though, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was better. One thing I really like about EBA is how it "westernizes" the anime/manga artstyle, and that's something I find completely charming and unforgettable...more hilarious, even. (That Duke Nukem parody level had me good.) There's just something completely special about it. That, and I find Japanese songs forgettable, whereas EBA has some songs I really like. (Canned Heat, Let's Dance and September, to name some.)

I'll probably import both of them down the road later though, as EBA is my favorite DS game. Not really my favorite rhythm game though, as I think the Rhythm Heaven series is better, but they're completely different beasts, despite seeing them mentioned together a lot.

I actually want to do a Let's Play of Donkey Kong Country Returns (100%. 200% is too brutal even for me.) but that'd require better equipments, so eh. I might stick with commentary-less videos. (It's better for my videos about EBA, for example.)
Old February 8th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bzyBIJUSYbg
Lego City Undercover trailer. Man is this going to be great. I mean, jet powered snow plows? Count me in!
Old February 8th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bzyBIJUSYbg
Lego City Undercover trailer. Man is this going to be great. I mean, jet powered snow plows? Count me in!
Never played any of the Lego games, but this looks frickin sweeeeeeet! I love how this has so much action. Maybe I might come around and buy it just to try it out.
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler
slight leave of absence 12/23 - 12/28 ~ Merry Christmas!

Old February 9th, 2013 (12:48 AM). Edited February 9th, 2013 by Evil Stud Muffin.
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Man oh man did I hit the jackpot. Found this place that sells PS2 games on the cheap, 2-3 euros each, and I found some literal steals. Got Klonoa 2, Black, Rygar, SoTC, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, DMC3 SE, Dark Chronicle, Silent Hill 2, and Simpson's Hit and Run for about 30 euros total. Black is nothing special, but I wanted to at least have one FPS for when I'm in the mood for one, and it seemed like a great choice, and is. All the other games are amazing of course, especially Klonoa 2. It seems short, I'm in Volk City, but I do believe with Marett's House the replay factor will kick in for that 100%. Blood Omen too is also nothing amazing, but its not as bad as the reviews cited it to be. Its got a nice tone to it, and the steampunk feel it has to it is pretty cool. Gonna eventually post reviews for all 10, as I have no camera for any LP's.
Old February 9th, 2013 (03:13 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I dunno, Nintendo's pretty keen on keeping the 3DS piracy free. Not to mention I really don't want piracy cause it will keep us on our toes for X/Y.
Nintendo has always been at the forefront of anti-piracy. The main reason the N64 had cartridges (and flopped to some extent) was that the N64 carts were damn hard to counterfeit, unlike the SNES for example. All my N64 carts are original US region copies. Meanwhile Sony enjoyed huge success in Third World countries because the PSX CDs were very easy to copy and a pirated one was insanely cheap. This is the biggest reason why I don't respect Sony to this day, I like hacking but their consoles are always the easiest to hack and have the most hacks available to them.

This being said, Nintendo is sometimes really paranoid. Region-locking sucks. And I don't have reservations against buying a Sony console these days, although the main reason I'm holding back is that I love car games and Forza Motorsport from Microsoft has been much superior to Gran Turismo series judging by their latest entries (FM4 and GT5).

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old February 9th, 2013 (02:28 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Okay, need quick help. Went back to that place with the PS2 games, and I'm gonna buy 1 more game that I can afford, I just can't choose. Do I go for Maximo or Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter? I'm already in the middle of DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Chronicle is slowly eating time, so I'm wondering if I should commit to one more RPG or let myself have a game for down time, and have a good playthrough of what has to be a somewhat great hack n' slash. I mean both are gonna be owned by me at some point, I just don't know if BoF is a good choice with those RPG's already taking up time.
Old February 9th, 2013 (02:32 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Man oh man did I hit the jackpot. Found this place that sells PS2 games on the cheap, 2-3 euros each, and I found some literal steals. Got Klonoa 2, Black, Rygar, SoTC, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, DMC3 SE, Dark Chronicle, Silent Hill 2, and Simpson's Hit and Run for about 30 euros total. Black is nothing special, but I wanted to at least have one FPS for when I'm in the mood for one, and it seemed like a great choice, and is. All the other games are amazing of course, especially Klonoa 2. It seems short, I'm in Volk City, but I do believe with Marett's House the replay factor will kick in for that 100%. Blood Omen too is also nothing amazing, but its not as bad as the reviews cited it to be. Its got a nice tone to it, and the steampunk feel it has to it is pretty cool. Gonna eventually post reviews for all 10, as I have no camera for any LP's.
You don't know how much I envy you right now ;_;

Quote:
Okay, need quick help. Went back to that place with the PS2 games, and I'm gonna buy 1 more game that I can afford, I just can't choose. Do I go for Maximo or Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter? I'm already in the middle of DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Chronicle is slowly eating time, so I'm wondering if I should commit to one more RPG or let myself have a game for down time, and have a good playthrough of what has to be a somewhat great hack n' slash. I mean both are gonna be owned by me at some point, I just don't know if BoF is a good choice with those RPG's already taking up time.
Go Maximo. You have a good number of RPGs and a good number of action games, but DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) are pretty lengthy and pretty extensive RPGs, so they'll take up more time than your action games will. I say go with Maximo in this case.

Sponsored Links