The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:03 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Continuing on the trend of the main series games, but R/S/E, Pokémon Black and White featured a character with a mother, and no apparent father. So who just is the hero's father? Is it a major character in the story? Why is he not at home? What do you think happened to him?

Discuss!
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:52 AM).
Correspondence

Like every other protagonists except Brendan/May the father is most likely on his own journey.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (07:57 AM).
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Like every other protagonists except Brendan/May the father is most likely on his own journey.
Like glitchguy has said, the father must have gone on his own journey. It would be great to hear the backstories of the Father's journeys.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 23rd, 2013 (03:18 PM).
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
It would be great if the father of Hilbert/Hilda were the champion. I think...he...lives on another region or he set off a journey on another region.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:26 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Convoluted Theory:
Spoiler:
I think Hilbert/Hilda's father is dead, like almost every other protagonists father is. See, every mother wants their child to be a champion of the pokemon league. However, some mothers are more desperate than others, and use black magic to ensure their child will bring them success and fame. But the cost for such a prize is one of the parents of said child. And that's what happens to father.

In hoenn you became the champion by luck - lucky you!

In all actuality, I think the father is probably on a journey of his own, as that seems to be the popular thing.

Either that or he's a traveling door-to-door salesman.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Maybe in each sequel you're father is, in fact, you from the previous game. And nobody say "What if I'm a girl?" because gay couples can adopt too. Which then begs the question, who are your real parents?
Old January 24th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Forever
let it go

Maybe he's... not on a journey and rather died or left your mother? Morbid but idk why we should asse he's on a journey if he's not even referred to meaning he might not really matter at all :x

Plus Golurk is crazy. :) black magic pfft totally possible.
Old January 26th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think he possibly left your mother, and she is so dark about the subject that it is the reason why she never mentions him.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (06:59 AM).
Evey
Female Red

Well I think that the fathers weren't placed in the games (besides R/S/E because of storyline) on PURPOSE. Because the father isn't needed within the game. If there were a father in the game it would make the game seem more family-oreinted instead of you, the PLAYER, setting off on your own journey to become best trainer, champion, contest master, Pokeatholon, breeder, evil organization-killer, whatever you happen to be in the game, ect. You really only need the Mom in the game to watch over the house, save money (if in HG/SS). It would also get kind-of competative to see if you were a better battler than your father. GameFreak and Pokemon probably didn't add the father in becuase it would switch the style of the game and make it less adventerous.
Old February 6th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Well I think that the fathers weren't placed in the games (besides R/S/E because of storyline) on PURPOSE. Because the father isn't needed within the game. If there were a father in the game it would make the game seem more family-oreinted instead of you, the PLAYER, setting off on your own journey to become best trainer, champion, contest master, Pokeatholon, breeder, evil organization-killer, whatever you happen to be in the game, ect. You really only need the Mom in the game to watch over the house, save money (if in HG/SS). It would also get kind-of competative to see if you were a better battler than your father. GameFreak and Pokemon probably didn't add the father in becuase it would switch the style of the game and make it less adventerous.
That's what I liked about RSE, that one could fight the father, making him feel as if he were one of your rivals. It'll be nice if for once the mom left and we had a stay at home father...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links