The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
I look forward to the evil team despite what I said on twitter of chances that there might not be an evil team :x
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
IKR. I was thinking about that a bit actually! Even though it seems unlikely that they would skip the whole concept of putting in an evil team, it would be interesting nonetheless~! Problem is, what would they put in place of the evil team? :x
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Forever
let it go

I dunno yet but given how it's been going lately of the changed patterns idk they could just shock is! Nevertheless in BW it was revealed around late August so maybe around then??
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
hmm, no evil team eh? Interesting concept but what would be the plot then?
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That would make the rivals the main antagonists (as in the literary term not saying they're evil or anything.)
I'm hoping for more players in this game plot as in more than one team. We could have three evil teams who rule over one third of the region and are fighting one another for the whole. The last team standing could depend on the starter you pick like team X(using letter as place holder) for Froakie, team Y for Fennekin, and Z Green for Chespin.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I suspect CoroCoro will have the protags and the region, no actually I have no doubt that won't be shown. Something tells me that all 9 months will be used for slow but steady and oh so meaningful info. Something like what is to follow. As a note, 2-3 new Pokemon is a mandatory reveal, and in the end alongside with all of this we shall likely have 30 or so new Pokemon as per previous generations:
February-New Movie 16 Pokemon, Protag's, and region. These 3 are usually the base info along side the starters, and seeing how starters+legendaries(which are usually June info instead of April/May when it comes to gen 4/5 reveals) have already been given, the only thing left now is the basis.
March-Pokedex, Pokedevice, Battle changes. After covering the basics to the games when it comes to characters, we start to get into how everything works. The pokedex will get a feature as I suspect a huge reworking of it compared to the limp BW changes outside of the habitat list, the Pokedevice will get a small introduction with basic features outlined. Battle Changes would be whatever the new feature with bonding is, and we might get hints of other changes through screens.
April-Online bits and pieces, coverage of some sort of spinoff that works with the games.
May-Evil Team, more bits of the game that have changed, as the roller skates, more info on the bonding feature.
June-Media Blowout. Not too many things revealed, but thanks to E3 the majority of info will be here.

July,August, September, October will be about covering various characters, Professor, Gym Leaders, Rival, what not. Maybe some more features, but the gist of what changes we will get will all come in the upcoming months instead. Perhaps Battle Tower and such as well in these months.I feel there is much to be revealed compared to previous generations, even DP, and that the 10 month wait is justified by a deluge of info we will get each month, that might not even scratch much of the games surface. And I really hope the region gets revealed this month, it would be the ultimate driving force behind speculation, and could work for them brilliantly.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Community Supporter

If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
ilovejirachi123
Unhatched Egg

or instead there could be a world cricus that effects everyone. it is like caused by the lkegendaries. so its up to you to say the world.:]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.
Dissecting a new region's map is one of my favorite parts about speculation. There's a lot of discussion and ideas that comes out of it. So I hope they do reveal it in this month's CoroCoro. It would make sense to do so after all. I mean, how can you get hyped about where you're going, if you don't even know where you're going in the first place, right?

Plus, if I recall correctly, the region usually gets revealed early on. So, fingers crossed.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

It indeed does. DP,Pt,HGSS,BW, and B2W2 all have had their region map revealed in the second info month after the first info month. B2W2 is the anomaly, as in that B2W2 was revealed in a weird way, and nothing but art for the mascots was revealed, and as such March was the first info month and April the second. Not to mention XY has given us the starters as well, which usually are revealed cocurrently with the protag's and region.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Whatever the new map is, I hope travelling through there is not as linear as BW. Which was good, but I'd perfer alternate routes for alternate gym badges (still out of 8)?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't mind something like HG/SS in where there would be more than 8 gyms, but at the same time I don't want it to be an exhausting journey like it was back in the Gold/Silver remakes.

That said, I definitely agree with Shawn here! I want a lot more alternate routes, not something as linear as B/W was(ugh, I hate repeating what people said already, but yeah. XD).
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I hope there are lots of routes and cities, Unova wasn't as good as Hoenn as Unova had very few towns, cities and routes. They were bigger, but...
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I hope there are lots of routes and cities, Unova wasn't as good as Hoenn as Unova had very few towns, cities and routes. They were bigger, but...
They were sort of dull and forgettable, right?

Unova was just so straight foward and it lacked the variety to make it a really interesting region altogether. Each town and city didn't seem all that different to me, with the exception of Castelia City. They all just seemed to blend.

You mention Hoenn, which I think is one of the most diversified regions. I loved the different cities and towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog. Sure, there was a lot of water routes, but the variety in the locations made up for that in my opinion. This is something I hope we get to see again in the X and Y region. Not towns that look too bland or one big city that got too much attention, but a region that is filled with culture, color, and variety. Plus, a lot of different routes to take us to each of these areas. It's supposedly set in France, but there are a lot of other European countries and cultures they can pull ideas from if they really wanted to.

That's what I'm hoping for.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Forever
let it go

... :(

I found Unova cities unique and I remember all of them very well! For me Hoenn was the forgettable one. XD; I'd hate for it to be completely like Hoenn, because the cities were so boring and tropical and idk, lacking Unova's spark. I'd love to see them designed like Colloseum tbh, and from what we've seen that doesn't seem impossibleee!
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
They were sort of dull and forgettable, right?

Unova was just so straight foward and it lacked the variety to make it a really interesting region altogether. Each town and city didn't seem all that different to me, with the exception of Castelia City. They all just seemed to blend.

You mention Hoenn, which I think is one of the most diversified regions. I loved the different cities and towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog. Sure, there was a lot of water routes, but the variety in the locations made up for that in my opinion. This is something I hope we get to see again in the X and Y region. Not towns that look too bland or one big city that got too much attention, but a region that is filled with culture, color, and variety. Plus, a lot of different routes to take us to each of these areas. It's supposedly set in France, but there are a lot of other European countries and cultures they can pull ideas from if they really wanted to.

That's what I'm hoping for.
It's not that I didn't like Unova's cities, I mean I love Castelia, but I think Hoenn was great because almost every city was unique. From the markets and beach of Slateport, the warm relaxing feeling of Lavaridge, the fresh and green feeling of Verdenturf to the nature feeling of Fortree, Hoenn was a smorgasbord of environments to explore. That's what I want, and that is why I think a lot of people want a remake of R/S as well.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yeah, I dunno, Unova is Hoenn Deux in terms of variations, and the routes are the best in the series. If we're strictly taking BW Unova its agreeable, but B2W2 Unova is one of the best efforts for a region yet. Not to mention, if anything, Unova is the first region with specific music for all cities/towns, which in itself makes it unique. If its the direction the series is going, then so be it, if not just a tad tweaking would make it perfect.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Community Supporter

Hoenn had different music for several cities as well, Verdanturf and Fortree come to mind. Anyways I think it'll be cool if the region had Hoenn's ecological variety but with Unova's city size, just this time add something to the cities, Unova was really lacking that the only cities I enjoyed visitiing were the three cities in the middle (Castelia, Nimbasa, Opalucid).
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope there is transport systems like the bullet train in Johto/Kanto. Even though it wasn't needed, it was still fun anyway.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:42 AM
ilovejirachi123
Unhatched Egg

that would be cool if you were able to interact in the train/plane whatever. not like the subway system, but a cool thing like a look out or maybe part of the story invoves being in traansportation system. :]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Forever
let it go

Talking of a look out, I'd like to see something along the lines of the Aspertia look out again. :) It was really nice to see the area in the far distance!
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I hope it's not like Hoenn. I prefer industrial areas.

Funny that people are comparing Unova to Hoenn, as I thought they were two extremes of the same issue. Unova is quite simple to navigate and may not have the sense of getting lost, but Hoenn had very poor path issues which stem from its lack of linearity. I recall that, to get to Meteor Falls you need to take the Fiery Path to Fallarbor, then a route to the left and the south. After you return the Meteorite to Prof. Cozmo, you have two options: do a circle route all the way back to Mauville and to the Fiery Path entrance, where the cable car is located (which is what I think you're supposed to do because there are trainers to fight north of Rustboro), or do the reverse path from Fallarbor through the Fiery Path and then the cable car, which is quite long as well. To make matters worse, you didn't even have Fly at your disposal at that point in the game. It was one of the most glaring examples of poor routing in all of the Pokémon games. Then Hoenn also had the useless Pacifidlog Town and that dreaded route of doom with the fast currents which takes ages to explore without a walkthrough. In light of that, I definitely prefer Unova's approach.

Well, at least Hoenn had the merit of not making the Town Map completely useless. :D

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Hoenn did not make the town map useless, if you didn't know where you were going after Mauville you could easily get lost. Unova is the one that made the map useless, the descriptions showed up even without visiting it, which was a nice thing other town maps did. Visit city/town get local description, now read. Another feature I want back however is the city/town road layout with important buildings. That was pretty fun to have, even if useless. God, BW cut so much out..
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I look forward to the evil team despite what I said on twitter of chances that there might not be an evil team :x
Why would you say that? =O

Unless maybe they won't be as evil as say, Team Rocket? I dunno, Team Plasma didn't really catch me as 'evil' either (apart from Ghetsis) so maybe they'll be like them?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Evil team headed by the Professor. Genetics playing a role, would lead the professor's studies down a dark road, with you being her pawn for most of the way. Too dark perhaps for Pokemon where the professor is usually your mentor, but I would love it.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here